PDA

View Full Version : Chris Johnson -congrats(even for a Titan)

Wolf
01-03-2010, 08:23 PM
SEATTLE Chris Johnson of the Tennessee Titans became the sixth player in NFL history to rush for 2,000 yards in a season Sunday.

The second-year back ran right, cut back inside and jumped over a teammate for a 4-yard gain early in the fourth quarter of a 17-13 win over at Seattle.

Game officials tossed the ball to the Titans' sideline as Johnson joined Eric Dickerson, Jamal Lewis, Barry Sanders, Terrell Davis and O.J. Simpson in the 2,000-yard club.

Otherwise, there was little acknowledgment of Johnson's second major milestone of the day, which came on his 32nd carry and while Seattle's Colin Cole was helped off with an injury.

Moments earlier, a holding penalty negated what would have been a far flashier way for Johnson to reach the milestone: a 62-yard touchdown romp that would have given him a chance at the all-time rushing record.

Tennessee's linemen raised their arms skyward behind the play and Johnson was set to break into a celebration dance in the back of the end zone before they all realized referee Ed Hochuli had thrown a penalty flag near the line of scrimmage.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/fbn_titans_johnson_milestone

WWJD
01-03-2010, 08:24 PM
He's sure been impressive this year. Definitely.

Txn_in_FL
01-03-2010, 08:57 PM
He makes that team. Without Johnson the Titans have absolutely jack.

infantrycak
01-03-2010, 08:59 PM
He makes that team. Without Johnson the Titans have absolutely jack.

Horse crap. VY being in the same state made CJ run. Prior to VY he had braces on his legs.

Txn_in_FL
01-03-2010, 09:05 PM
Horse crap. VY being in the same state made CJ run. Prior to VY he had braces on his legs.

Really? I swear I thought we could make it through ONE THREAD with no VY references.

Thanks dude.

Thanks a effing heap.

Napa Auto Parts
01-03-2010, 09:49 PM

True never really paid attention but CJ was average except for the Texans game Before VY.

edo783
01-03-2010, 09:57 PM
The kid is an absolute knucklehead, but he is also one heck of a RB. Congrats Chris J.

Second Honeymoon
01-03-2010, 10:02 PM
an illiterate knucklehead but a helluva running back

congrats CJ, 2000 yards is a heck of an achievement

WWJD
01-03-2010, 10:10 PM
Hard to imagine in the whole history of the NFL so few RB's have done that.

He was elite this year. Now see if he can keep it up.

Brando
01-03-2010, 10:30 PM
Congrats to Chris. Heckuva a running back....

infantrycak
01-03-2010, 11:04 PM
Really? I swear I thought we could make it through ONE THREAD with no VY references.

Thanks dude.

Thanks a effing heap.

I hope you understood that was a joke.

CJ has been great.

SheTexan
01-03-2010, 11:53 PM
Sorry, I never congratulate the enemy!

TimeKiller
01-04-2010, 09:17 AM
Though the good Lord decided not to bless him with looks or a fully functional brain he certainly made up for it by bestowing those sweet feet to CJ.

A tip of the cap to you sir. Nothing more.

Thorn
01-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Sorry, I never congratulate the enemy!

This.

I will acknowledge his year, just like I would Payton Manning, but I won't congratulate him. He's a damn good RB that we'll just have to face every year just like we face Manning every year.

toronto
01-04-2010, 12:21 PM
I'm convinced Fisher would have given him 50 carries if that's what it took. If I had been Seattle's D I line up 10 guys. Their playcalling was that obvious.

Blazing Arrow
01-04-2010, 01:25 PM
I'm convinced Fisher would have given him 50 carries if that's what it took. If I had been Seattle's D I line up 10 guys. Their playcalling was that obvious.

The 60 yard hold call was pretty soft. The Sea Chickens were lining up 9 in the box on almost every play and still could not stop him.

Anyone else notice the announcers rag on the guy who spelled Campbell wrong? Was pretty funny stuff.

toronto
01-04-2010, 01:49 PM
The 60 yard hold call was pretty soft. The Sea Chickens were lining up 9 in the box on almost every play and still could not stop him.

Anyone else notice the announcers rag on the guy who spelled Campbell wrong? Was pretty funny stuff.

I hit on that on my highlights - I found it hilarious too.

gtexan02
01-04-2010, 01:50 PM
Johnson is in talks to race Usain Bolt in a 60 yard dash.

I look forward to him getting smoked