PDA

View Full Version : Stadium Noise and the Fourth Quarter

Section516
01-03-2010, 05:07 PM
My god, that was awesome. So loud, so proud. So much emotion.

Not one person was sitting down that last ten minutes.

redwhiteANDblue
01-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Saw that from the TV! Wish I was there

Maddict5
01-03-2010, 05:11 PM
now they just have to do it for 4 quarters ! ;)

Fred
01-03-2010, 05:43 PM

Hey, if the team ever plays for 4 quarters we'll be loud for 4 quarters.

Norg
01-03-2010, 06:33 PM
yeah it was pretty loud

I think the Friso game 4th quarter was louder and that game the roof was open

this was pretty loud tho

MNF was pretty loud 2 at moments

But yea in the 3rd Q some people in my section were on there ass just chillin but that happens everygame there are ALOT !!!!! of familys that go to the game

Wolf
01-03-2010, 06:36 PM
CBS must have had it toned down .. I honestly didn't hear much (from the TV)
It sounded quiet

Norg
01-03-2010, 06:36 PM
Hey, if the team ever plays for 4 quarters we'll be loud for 4 quarters.

if our team plays for 4 quarters there will be no need to be loud

the score would be like 28-9 or something like that like the raider game

NitroGSXR
01-03-2010, 06:41 PM
I actually was disappointed with our fans. The stadium was NOT rockin' for the first three quarters. Especially for the first half. I thought it was pathetic... then again... I can't hear. Just did not see the same intensity. Then that fourth quarter... my god... amazing. ROCKING!

SheTexan
01-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Fantastic day at Reliant!! I truly believe our boys sensed how much the fans wanted them to hang in there when they were down by 14. No one left, we got LOUD, and our boys responded. This is one game where the fans were definitley the 12th man!!! AWESOME!! My ears are still ringing.

Maddict5
01-03-2010, 06:44 PM
It sounded quiet

agreed. i was dogging the fans in the gameday thread because it sounded pretty quiet (and there were empty seats) but the players (and now that i think of it the announcers did too at the start) that it was very loud, playoff-type atmosphere. CBS def muted it though

if so, apologies all

TexanExile
01-03-2010, 06:45 PM
It sounded quiet

I was wondering that exact same thing. Until the 4th quarter it sounded almost dead, from the TV version. Then again, I'm watching via a sometimes-choppy online stream and kinda wondered if maybe some of the audio was getting dropped out. I'm glad to read here that the home crowd was indeed a factor...for at least the big part!

Buffi2
01-03-2010, 06:46 PM
My ears are ringing, my throat is sore and I'm losing my voice. The fans were great. The only lull I noticed was in the third quarter and I know everyone was thinking, "Here we go again." Today those guys played like a team with a mission. I think this is the corner we've been trying to turn for 2 years.

GlassHalfFull
01-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Our whole section (except for the pats fan sitting behind me) was on their feet and yelling (when appropriate) the whole 4th quarter. Very proud of our fans and our team today.

GuerillaBlack
01-03-2010, 06:52 PM
I lol'ed when Matt Schaub said "shut the **** up" and was waving his arms up and down trying to quiet the crowd. You could see it clearly on TV. It was when we were going for it on 4th down near the goalline.

TheRealJoker
01-03-2010, 06:54 PM
I thought it was hilarious when Brown came out to kick the 1st XP post slump and he was booed mercilessly. Then when he made it the crowd erupted louder than i've ever heard a crowd cheer after an extra point.

Definitely the biggest change in crowd noise (booing to cheering) for an extra point lol.

Lucky
01-03-2010, 06:55 PM
After the JJ TD, that pulled the Texans within 7, the Bullpen really raised the level of noise. And the rest of the stadium responded. I've been in Reliant when it was that loud. Not sure if it's ever been louder. The fans deserve a big assist on this one.

GuerillaBlack
01-03-2010, 06:57 PM
After the JJ TD, that pulled the Texans within 7, the Bullpen really raised the level of noise. And the rest of the stadium responded. I've been in Reliant when it was that loud. Not sure if it's ever been louder. The fans deserve a big assist on this one.

+1 for the fans. We were making noise out here in Katy. :)

imatexan
01-03-2010, 06:59 PM
That was the most I have EVER seen Reliant into a game, it meant that much.

The 4th quarter was insane! Standing and cheering the entire time, I was huging and high fiving strangers all around me.

It got so loud.

One big party in the 4th quarter at Reliant, I hope it will be even louder next season when we host a playoff game!

Honoring Earl 34
01-03-2010, 07:10 PM
Our whole section (except for the pats fan sitting behind me) was on their feet and yelling (when appropriate) the whole 4th quarter. Very proud of our fans and our team today.

Did you talk to them politely ?

False Start
01-03-2010, 07:16 PM
but the players (and now that i think of it the announcers did too at the start) that it was very loud, playoff-type atmosphere. CBS def muted it though

It did sound quiet on TV. I had the surround sound cranked too. :um:

I know it was loud, because my brother went to the game and said towards the end of the game Reliant was rockin!

GlassHalfFull
01-03-2010, 07:17 PM
Did you talk to them politely ?

I did make him high 5 me after the Pollard interception. He got very quiet in the 4th quarter. lol.

Kaiser Toro
01-03-2010, 07:18 PM
I actually was disappointed with our fans. The stadium was NOT rockin' for the first three quarters. Especially for the first half. I thought it was pathetic... then again... I can't hear. Just did not see the same intensity. Then that fourth quarter... my god... amazing. ROCKING!

My thoughts exactly.

False Start
01-03-2010, 07:18 PM
I thought it was hilarious when Brown came out to kick the 1st XP post slump and he was booed mercilessly. Then when he made it the crowd erupted louder than i've ever heard a crowd cheer after an extra point.

Definitely the biggest change in crowd noise (booing to cheering) for an extra point lol.

Yeah, I got a good laugh out of that. :heh:

TexanBacker93
01-03-2010, 07:20 PM

I've got to conserve in the first half by just yelling at key moments. I need to be at as close to full strength as possible in the 4th quarter.

GuerillaBlack
01-03-2010, 07:21 PM
The showed the crowds on ABC 13, leaving the game, and it looked pretty festive! They said people were still tailgaiting, and it was around 6 PM.

thunderkyss
01-03-2010, 07:23 PM

We got quiet in the third Qtr, but after that final missed FG by Brown, & the boos... it was like the fans was telling the defense, that was no excuse. Get up & play damnit..

Fantastic day at Reliant!! I truly believe our boys sensed how much the fans wanted them to hang in there when they were down by 14. No one left, we got LOUD, and our boys responded. This is one game where the fans were definitley the 12th man!!! AWESOME!! My ears are still ringing.

I'm a little disappointed none of our players mentioned it at the podium.

Demeco gave us our props, when they talked to him as he was leaving the field, but I didn't hear anything about it on the radio, or on tv... from the team that is.

infantrycak
01-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Overall fantastic day at the stadium. I think more people were standing than at any of the 79 prior games.

I hated the fans booing KB. Fine come on here afterward or call a radio station but during the game booing him prior to a kick can do nothing but harm your team.

Lucky
01-03-2010, 08:26 PM
I hated the fans booing KB. Fine come on here afterward or call a radio station but during the game booing him prior to a kick can do nothing but harm your team.
It's the frustration boiling over. Why wasn't there any competition brought in after Brown missed those kicks versus the Colts & Titans? I think the perceived answer is because the owner likes him. Haven't we gotten past that? Brown is a great guy and has been great for the community. But, he should not be handed a job. In my mind, the boos are directed at those who put Brown on the field.

DexmanC
01-03-2010, 08:35 PM
The Bengals are done. 17-0, and getting DOMINATED on the lines.