PDA

View Full Version : New Englands Philosophy in this game?

HoustonFrog
01-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Strange way to play a game

I had heard that they didn't care either way about the 3 or 4 seed yet they came in with starters playing. Once Welker went down they still played. They then pull Brady with about 9 minutes in the half.

Second half they end up pulling their DBs and some guys on D and pull Moss yet keep Brady in...a guy who has played 3 weeks with 3 broken ribs. Then they pull Brady on the final drive.

Just weird

GP
01-03-2010, 04:54 PM
Well, it sure makes up for how Indy tanked games vs. Titans a few years back, then against the Jets. Allowing those two teams an easier route to the playoffs.

It feels good to think that our team forced a team like the Pats to do some soul-searching about how to approach this game.

Most times it seems these situations end up with our opponent just striving to drill us.

Vinny
01-03-2010, 05:09 PM
Strange way to play a game

I had heard that they didn't care either way about the 3 or 4 seed yet they came in with starters playing. Once Welker went down they still played. They then pull Brady with about 9 minutes in the half.

Second half they end up pulling their DBs and some guys on D and pull Moss yet keep Brady in...a guy who has played 3 weeks with 3 broken ribs. Then they pull Brady on the final drive.

Just weirdBrady was hit pretty hard by Mario before they took him out at the end, so I understand that. Hey, if you clinch I don't think you owe it to anyone to do anything other than taking care of yourself, so I don't have any complaints about the strategy used by winning teams as other teams play out the string.

houstonhurricane
01-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Well, it looks like Baltimore is starting to roll...

WWJD
01-03-2010, 05:56 PM
I saw a headline today somewhere that said "Goodell to look into teams holding out players" ..paraphrasing.

I don't see HOW he could control that. That would take the game out of the coaching staffs hands.

I'll see if I can find that. I think that should be up to each team as to who they play and not the league.

playa465
01-03-2010, 06:57 PM
I saw a headline today somewhere that said "Goodell to look into teams holding out players" ..paraphrasing.

I don't see HOW he could control that. That would take the game out of the coaching staffs hands.

I'll see if I can find that. I think that should be up to each team as to who they play and not the league.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d815718c8&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

WWJD
01-03-2010, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the link.

Uh..that's too much league involvement for me. Coaches should make the choice of who plays or not.

I totally understand the fans being miffed but still...too big brother-ish for me.

Norg
01-03-2010, 07:20 PM
I have just a Little ... very little more respect for NE i cant put down talent like they have on that field