PDA

View Full Version : Was our #64 illegally downfield on the Kevin Walter catch for a 1st down?

GP
01-03-2010, 04:08 PM
I could have sworn he has wayyyy downfield.

64 is Studdard, right?

dtran04
01-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Yep... got away w/ that one.

Pantherstang84
01-03-2010, 04:09 PM
Was it called? If not then who cares?

Hardcore Texan
01-03-2010, 04:10 PM
Who cares, I saw a lot of no calls against their OL, holding Mario and Antonio for half the freaking game.

GP
01-03-2010, 04:13 PM
Was it called? If not then who cares?

I just wondered if anyone else saw it, that's all.

Malloy
01-03-2010, 04:15 PM
My broadcast showed hardly any penalties in replay, nor did they show alot of what happened on the field short of the actual play. Real bad coverage...

redwhiteANDblue
01-03-2010, 04:15 PM
Yeah I saw that too but I wasn't sure, and still I'm surprised how bad the refs have become this year.

HJam72
01-03-2010, 04:39 PM
I ain't seen nuffin'!!! :aggressive:

OK, maybe he was just a little itty tad over. :thisbig:

The Pencil Neck
01-03-2010, 04:54 PM
Yeah, I pointed it out to my wife. We got away with that one.

axman40
01-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Yes he was.
:texflag:

2slik4u
01-03-2010, 04:59 PM

64 is Studdard, right?

who cares. there were probably 7-10 missed calls in that game. It all evens out eventually. Plus it worked out in our favor so Im not complaining.

GP
01-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Yes he was.
:texflag:

LOL.

He was downfield by about 10 yards, IIRC.

I think he assumed Schaub was tucking it and running with it.

Question: If the QB is outside of a certain area, say "the Tackle box," is it OK for a lineman to go downfield?

Is it still illegally downfield? I would think it is.

GP
01-03-2010, 05:02 PM
who cares. there were probably 7-10 missed calls in that game. It all evens out eventually. Plus it worked out in our favor so Im not complaining.

Good freaking grief, dude.

I'm just making conversation.

Why is there two people on here who act like I'm somehow desiring us to have had it called against us?

It's. Just. An. Observation. :fingergun:

2slik4u
01-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Good freaking grief, dude.

I'm just making conversation.

Why is there two people on here who act like I'm somehow desiring us to have had it called against us?

It's. Just. An. Observation. :fingergun:

woah woah woah bro. take it easy. no hostility here. just throwing in my two cents, even if its not wanted.....

GP
01-03-2010, 05:12 PM
woah woah woah bro. take it easy. no hostility here. just throwing in my two cents, even if its not wanted.....

I think it was just the fact that you pretty much copied the other guy who did the same thing. Did you read his? Did you read mine?

All I was doing is seeing how many of us saw it when it happened. I have been posting with these guys for the better part of 7 or 8 years, so we kinda' have a running conversation on things.

Not saying you can't join in. Just saying it rubs me wrong when a few people do crap like that. It kinda' goes without saying that we were ALL glad the refs missed it.

nero THE zero
01-03-2010, 06:10 PM
LOL.

He was downfield by about 10 yards, IIRC.

I think he assumed Schaub was tucking it and running with it.

Question: If the QB is outside of a certain area, say "the Tackle box," is it OK for a lineman to go downfield?

Is it still illegally downfield? I would think it is.

Yea, he pretty much landed at Walter's feet on the catch. I don't understand how it wasn't called.

This game was officiated pretty oddly. They'd "let them play" for a large majority of the game, and throw in a ticky-tac call every once in a while. Didn't seem to be any consistency to me.

2slik4u
01-03-2010, 06:17 PM
I think it was just the fact that you pretty much copied the other guy who did the same thing. Did you read his? Did you read mine?

All I was doing is seeing how many of us saw it when it happened. I have been posting with these guys for the better part of 7 or 8 years, so we kinda' have a running conversation on things.

Not saying you can't join in. Just saying it rubs me wrong when a few people do crap like that. It kinda' goes without saying that we were ALL glad the refs missed it.

Duly noted. For the record I did not read his post. No harm no foul. I guess we are on common ground here with both of us being Texan fans so no need to beat a dead horse.

GP
01-03-2010, 06:19 PM
Yea, he pretty much landed at Walter's feet on the catch. I don't understand how it wasn't called.

This game was officiated pretty oddly. They'd "let them play" for a large majority of the game, and throw in a ticky-tac call every once in a while. Didn't seem to be any consistency to me.

Exactly!

The pass interference call on the Patriots that put us near the goal line was not THAT bad of a play by the Pats defender. I feel it was a make-up call for the one they missed against the Pats earlier in the game.

Norg
01-03-2010, 08:00 PM
speaking of KW

i think JJ has dont alot to help him be our #2 next year and looks like Kevin walter will be looking for another team

any team who gets him will be lucky IMO

edo783
01-03-2010, 10:25 PM
speaking of KW

i think JJ has dont alot to help him be our #2 next year and looks like Kevin walter will be looking for another team

any team who gets him will be lucky IMO

I doubt KW will be going to another team. Might move to the slot position though.

dalemurphy
01-04-2010, 07:39 AM
I just wondered if anyone else saw it, that's all.

I was at the game.. I told Barrett that Studdard was literally 15 yards down field when Walter caught that pass... at least he got to the second level.

GP
01-04-2010, 09:36 AM
I was at the game.. I told Barrett that Studdard was literally 15 yards down field when Walter caught that pass... at least he got to the second level.

I know, man.

I was seriously laughing out loud.

I still giggle when I think about it. He needs to be our h-back.

datchapin
01-04-2010, 02:51 PM
I'm not sure if it was the same play, but 64 was declared a receiver on a couple of plays.

HOU-TEX
01-04-2010, 02:52 PM
I'm not sure if it was the same play, but 64 was declared a receiver on a couple of plays.

Studdard's a guard. :thinking:

Battle Red Flash
01-04-2010, 03:00 PM

64 is Studdard, right?

Yes, he was. It was funny too. He was motoring!!! As fast as his legs could move that mass. We got away with one! Yay!

datchapin
01-04-2010, 03:25 PM
Studdard's a guard. :thinking:

Actually alot of teams do this, usually in the red-zone, in order to get their line-men downfield. The Pats did it a fair amount in the first quarter and we did it a few times as well yesterday.