PDA

View Full Version : VP of NFL Officiating Reviews A Couple Plays From Last Week's Game

Ryan
12-30-2009, 08:05 PM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/09000d5d815620af/Week-16-official-review-bonus-coverage

Chris Brown still fumbled that ball, glad we got the call though.:texflag:

ObsiWan
12-30-2009, 08:15 PM
I dunno... After looking at it again, I would make the case that Brown never completely tucked the ball away and was fumbling with it up until the time he got hit.

Texans34Life
12-30-2009, 10:14 PM
I was at the game and saw the replay on the big screen.

Definitely a fumble and we lucked out on that play. Miami got screwed.

edo783
12-30-2009, 10:17 PM
IMO, one obvious bad call that went our way. Haven't been many that have. Seems like a boatload have went the other way though.

ObsiWan
12-30-2009, 10:50 PM
I was at the game and saw the replay on the big screen.

Definitely a fumble and we lucked out on that play. Miami got screwed.

Nope. I'm looking thru my Battle Red sunglasses and I can say, without hesitation or bias:homer:
that it was definitely an incomplete pass. :fib

GP
12-30-2009, 11:06 PM
Oh well.

There'll be plenty of times for Chris Brown to actually fumble the ball in a less controversial way than this latest episode. Just give him a snap or two on Sunday.

:smiliedance:

:spin:

(The Russian judge deducts .5 for GP going into a chair-spin smiley after completing a smiliedance manuever. No gold. Silver will have to do.)

El Tejano
12-31-2009, 09:24 AM
IMO, one obvious bad call that went our way. Haven't been many that have. Seems like a boatload have went the other way though.

That was just the NFL being nice to us since they figured we weren't going to do anything to screw up their playoff plans. This week - Tom Brady- New England playing for a higher seed - the NFL will be back and ready to throw (flags).

Blake
12-31-2009, 09:42 AM
Bad call. Chris Brown seemed to have possesion IMO. But thats the rule. The ref has to make the call as he sees it on the field. Too bad for the Dolphins incomplete passes are not reviewable, except in three specific cases, and this was not one of them.

No More 8-8's
12-31-2009, 10:33 AM
I dunno... After looking at it again, I would make the case that Brown never completely tucked the ball away and was fumbling with it up until the time he got hit.

How is that any different from the other times Chris Brown has run the ball this year?

thunderkyss
12-31-2009, 10:37 AM

I'm with you.

Karma.

DeMarCushPoll
12-31-2009, 10:48 AM
Not reviewable just like the phantom pass interferance call that advanced the colts 43 yards earlier this year.

I would've liked an explanation as to why we were called for defensive offsides when the man clearly got back before the ball was snapped?

He also said that Miami should have been gotten a 15 yard personal foul penalty (instead of 10) for a leg whip instead of tripping.

spurstexanstros
12-31-2009, 11:32 AM

Like that PI in the endzone against Kevin Walter....if we had that one back...where would we be?

Texan_Bill
12-31-2009, 11:33 AM
This is one reason that I generally don't criticize and/or blame officiating. It tends to even out in the end.

BIG TORO
12-31-2009, 11:47 AM
They should just make make all plays reviewable, that would make everybody happy!