PDA

View Full Version : DeMeco and OD will not be unrestricted FA....

Pollardized
12-30-2009, 03:26 PM
If no labor agreement is in place...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8155f949&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Interesting....

ObsiWan
12-30-2009, 03:42 PM
All the AFC South players who are affected....

HOUSTON TEXANS -- John Busing, s; Rashad Butler, t; Owen Daniels, te; Ryan Moats, rb; Bernard Pollard, s; DeMeco Ryans, lb; Chris White, c.

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS -- Hank Baskett, wr; Antoine Bethea, s; Aaron Francisco, s; Tyjuan Hagler, lb; Marlin Jackson, cb; Tim Jennings, cb; Charlie Johnson, t; Freddy Keiaho, lb; T.J. Rushing, cb.

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS -- Clint Ingram, lb; Montavious Stanley, dt; Troy Williamson, wr.

TENNESSEE TITANS -- Dave Ball, de; Tony Brown, dt; Bo Scaife, te; Stephen Tulloch, lb; Kevin Vickerson, dt; LenDale White, rb.

No More 8-8's
12-30-2009, 03:44 PM
so does this mean they will be a restricted free agent?

Pollardized
12-30-2009, 03:59 PM
so does this mean they will be a restricted free agent?

Looks that way. SIGN POLLARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pollardized
12-30-2009, 04:02 PM
All the AFC South players who are affected.... (with the ones we give 2 ******s about in bold)

HOUSTON TEXANS -- John Busing, s; Rashad Butler, t; Owen Daniels, te; Ryan Moats, rb; Bernard Pollard, s; DeMeco Ryans, lb; Chris White, c.

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS -- Hank Baskett, wr; Antoine Bethea, s; Aaron Francisco, s; Tyjuan Hagler, lb; Marlin Jackson, cb; Tim Jennings, cb; Charlie Johnson, t; Freddy Keiaho, lb; T.J. Rushing, cb.

JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS -- Clint Ingram, lb; Montavious Stanley, dt; Troy Williamson, wr.

TENNESSEE TITANS -- Dave Ball, de; Tony Brown, dt; Bo Scaife, te; Stephen Tulloch, lb; Kevin Vickerson, dt; LenDale White, rb.

Obsi, I fixed your post....

No More 8-8's
12-30-2009, 04:04 PM
We can afford to lose any of those guys in bold, but i would like to resign butler as insurance.

Pollardized
12-30-2009, 04:10 PM
I think Butler could step in for C/K Brown... Can't be that much worse...

badboy
12-30-2009, 04:13 PM
The 212 names have been out there for a while and Pollard should have been offered a new deal. He may have told Texans to hold up & negotiate after season. Daniels and Ryans can be replaced but I would rather a reasonable deal be offered. I wonder if Dunta's experience is on their minds?

ObsiWan
12-30-2009, 04:15 PM
obsi, i fixed your post....

lol!!

although I wouldn't mind stealing Tony Brown from the Titans.
28 tkls / 5 sacks / 3 forced fumbles
We could use that kind of production from our DTs and it takes production away from them

Ndevine7
12-30-2009, 04:16 PM
The 212 names have been out there for a while and Pollard should have been offered a new deal. He may have told Texans to hold up & negotiate after season. Daniels and Ryans can be replaced but I would rather a reasonable deal be offered. I wonder if Dunta's experience is on their minds?

how are ryans and daniels replaceable. Demeco has been our best defensive player since we drafted him and daniels has been our 2nd best receiver. I don't think that is very replaceable.

alphajoker
12-30-2009, 04:18 PM

Yes, you're absolutely right...these type of caliber of players just fall off tree's and we are absolutely just guaranteed to find other players in the draft with our 2nd and 3rd round picks. Geez, come on dude...what are you smoking? These are the type of players you build your franchise through...they aren't just "replaced". If that was true, then we would have our MLB and TE position secured since the 2002 draft. I would be pissed if these two aren't resigned.

disaacks3
12-30-2009, 04:18 PM
I hate to phrase it as it's GREAT news for the Texans (as I want our "bolded" guys to get the long-term deals they deserve), but it IS really great to hear.

They get to test the waters (so to speak) and we get to match or be compensated.

ObsiWan
12-30-2009, 04:20 PM
We can afford to lose any of those guys in bold, but i would like to resign butler as insurance.

did you really mean we "can" or "can NOT"??

Ndevine7
12-30-2009, 04:21 PM
did you really mean we "can" or "can NOT"??

pretty sure he meant can't or at least i hope he did

HJam72
12-30-2009, 04:22 PM
Wish AJ was on there, cuz he's totally replaceable too. :sarcasm:

edit: Know it was probably a mistake, but I still had to do it. :)

Ndevine7
12-30-2009, 04:23 PM
why dont we just throw cushing on that list i mean im sure we can get another one of him in the next draft

HJam72
12-30-2009, 04:25 PM
why dont we just throw cushing on that list i mean im sure we can get another one of him in the next draft

Sure, and we don't need Matt Schaub either.

mussop
12-30-2009, 06:17 PM
Obsi, I fixed your post....

You need to highlight Butler too.

Double Barrel
12-30-2009, 06:23 PM

If you want to build through the draft, you need to keep the great players that you have drafted. Losing these two guys would reveal an huge disconnect between the FO and the mantra that they have told us fans for years.

And where do you replace guys like OD and Ryans? We have a horrible track record of FA signings, so would you suggest replacing them through the draft? If so, we then we become a training ground and a revolving door of losing good players to other teams. I don't understand your statement.

False Start
12-30-2009, 07:02 PM
The Texans hit the jackpot when they drafted Demeco, and OD. The odds of that happening again in one draft are slim. The Texans aren't known to be big players in the FA market, so I cant see them signing anyone that could replace them either. They are special players that any team would kill to have. I really hope they resign Pollard too, I love that guy. :wild:

Pocky
12-30-2009, 10:20 PM
What is interesting about the uncapped year is that players with undesirable contract can be released from their respected team with no cap hits(for that year). So we could see guys like Gholston, Russell, etc. become free agents this off-season.

I think we should take advantage and cut Reeves, and and A. Davis, who are both set to be paid as top ten players on this team in 2010. Our untrustworthy kicker is going to be the 12th highest paid player in 2010. Now's your time to intervene, Rick...

alphajoker
12-30-2009, 11:01 PM
I'd like to keep Reeves. I think Reeves is just having a bad year that started with his injury in training camp. He did good his first year with the team so I'd like to see him when he's healthy again in 2010. Davis can be let go for all I'm concerned. I believe his contract is up anyway so I think the Texans should look WR/KR somewhere in the draft, perhaps in the 4th or 5th round.

spurstexanstros
12-31-2009, 11:41 AM
SIGN OWEN DANIELS NOW....SO I CAN FINNALY BUY HIS FREAKING JERSEY.

-thank you STS

Goatcheese
12-31-2009, 11:45 AM
I'd like to keep Reeves. I think Reeves is just having a bad year that started with his injury in training camp. He did good his first year with the team so I'd like to see him when he's healthy again in 2010. Davis can be let go for all I'm concerned. I believe his contract is up anyway so I think the Texans should look WR/KR somewhere in the draft, perhaps in the 4th or 5th round.

Reeves has been a lot better this year in every conceivable way except INTs.