PDA

View Full Version : One of Two Things Is Going to Happen Sunday

TheCD
12-29-2009, 03:43 PM
Scenario 1:

12:00 - Andre is hungry. Matt wants it. DeMeco can feel it. The Patriots don't stand a chance. This is their time to prove everyone wrong. They like Kubes and want him to stay...the playoffs is the way to do it. They KNOW they've flopped in big games too many times this season. It's here and now. They win and they're riding high.

Then come the 3 o'clock games. Oakland pulls the upset, but KC can't get it done.

7:30 rolls around...the Jets can taste it, the playoffs are theirs. But Cincy can't resist the urge to play the Texans again.

11:00 is here and it's official. THE TEXANS ARE IN.

Scenario 2: (The reverse time scenario)

10:30 - The Jets have done it. They've won and they're in.

4:00 - Miraculously...the Raiders AND Chiefs have pulled off the upset. The door has been laid wide-open for the Texans' final game. They had control of their own destiny, AND:

3:30 - The Texans can't believe it. Another heartbreaking loss. Oh well...here's to next year. Not like 2 of those teams will lose anyways, right?

I'm praying for a scenario 1 or similar...but man, I know Houston football, and I think we're all subconsciously waiting for scenario 2.

Even though none of us will prepare for the heartbreak...as usual.

:fans:

Double Barrel
12-29-2009, 03:51 PM
Hope for the best and prepare for the worst!...and, oh yeah, circle the wagons. :howdy:

I've let my mind wander a few times this week to think about what it would be like to a) have our first winning record, and b) the cards fall right and we sneak into the playoffs.

I hope for all of this, and Texans fans would be going crazy for it.

But honestly, I'm cynical and expect another 8-8 season. I hate that, but I hate the feeling of being let down by our hometown football team, so it's a protective measure to expect/prepare for the worst.

Norg
12-29-2009, 03:51 PM
honestly

I think by the 3rd Q after seeing hey the texans are hitting hard Pats say screw this we dont feel like playing anymore

we win

I seriously think the Jets wipp up on CIncy but Cincy plays hard 2 at home for there fans ..i have no idea who winz this one

I think the ravens are a good team they crush the raiders on the road this is teh RAVENS TEH RAVENS PEOPLE the radiers have no chance

who know what KC is going 2 do there playing at denver right so yeah thats not good for our chances

i really think 1 team we need to lose will lose but the other 2 will not

texanskan
12-29-2009, 03:52 PM
Scenario 1:

12:00 - Andre is hungry. Matt wants it. DeMeco can feel it. The Patriots don't stand a chance. This is their time to prove everyone wrong. They like Kubes and want him to stay...the playoffs is the way to do it. They KNOW they've flopped in big games too many times this season. It's here and now. They win and they're riding high.

Then come the 3 o'clock games. Oakland pulls the upset, but KC can't get it done.

7:30 rolls around...the Jets can taste it, the playoffs are theirs. But Cincy can't resist the urge to play the Texans again.

11:00 is here and it's official. THE TEXANS ARE IN.

Scenario 2: (The reverse time scenario)

10:30 - The Jets have done it. They've won and they're in.

4:00 - Miraculously...the Raiders AND Chiefs have pulled off the upset. The door has been laid wide-open for the Texans' final game. They had control of their own destiny, AND:

3:30 - The Texans can't believe it. Another heartbreaking loss. Oh well...here's to next year. Not like 2 of those teams will lose anyways, right?

I'm praying for a scenario 1 or similar...but man, I know Houston football, and I think we're all subconsciously waiting for scenario 2.

Even though none of us will prepare for the heartbreak...as usual.

:fans:

What the Texans deserve is probably losing a tie-breaker due to the fact we should not be in this situation to begin with.

What I hope is that we can pull out the win and get the help and put all of the frustration behind us.

What to bet on is that we lose and so does everyone else so that all we needed to do was win at home to get in.

gwallaia
12-29-2009, 03:53 PM
The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

The Texans can only decide what happens against the Patriots.

HOU-TEX
12-29-2009, 03:57 PM
The pessimist in me is saying:

Jets beat Bengals
Broncos beat KC
Ravens beat Raiders
Patriots beat Texans

The optimist in me says:

Bengals beat Jets
Broncos beat KC
Ravens beat Raiders
Patriots beat Texans

JB
12-29-2009, 03:59 PM

Jets beat Bengals
Broncos beat KC
Ravens beat Raiders
Patriots beat Texans

The optimist in me says:

Bengals beat Jets
Broncos beat KC
Ravens beat Raiders
Patriots beat Texans

Damn it must be hard fighting that internal struggle!

HOU-TEX
12-29-2009, 04:01 PM

:spit: Damn! I'm still giggling. That was pretty funny.

*Dang, gotta spread the Rep. Can someone hit'em up for me? *still giggling*

TheRealJoker
12-29-2009, 04:01 PM
I sure do hope something breaks our way. This city needs to see the Texans in the playoffs. Even if they go one and done it will go a long way towards forgetting about the crappy start to this franchise and give us tangible hope for the future. None of that, "Well at least we looked better in our losses!!!" crap we've gotten so used to hearing during our time improving from terrible to average.

ObsiWan
12-29-2009, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1335222#post1335222)

Jets beat Bengals
Broncos beat KC
Ravens beat Raiders
Patriots beat Texans

The optimist in me says:

Bengals beat Jets
Broncos beat KC
Ravens beat Raiders
Patriots beat Texans

I know how he feels. It's tough sometimes to get all the voices to shut up so I can think.

:D

brakos82
12-29-2009, 04:05 PM
I know how he feels. It's tough sometimes to get all the voices to shut up so I can think.

:D

Glad I'm not the only one. And shuddup Sean Connery, you weren't invited to this discussion.

Texan_Bill
12-29-2009, 04:05 PM
My plan (providing the Texans win) is to get drunk before, during and after the game. Go home and pass out until morning without watching any other game or highlights. I will either wake up happy or extremely hungover and pissed off depending on the what the radio tells me.

My plan (if the Texans lose) is to get drunk before, during and after the game. Go home and pass out while watching other games. I will wake extremely hungover and pissed off.

TheCD
12-29-2009, 04:06 PM
The Serenity Prayer

and wisdom to know the difference.

The Texans can only decide what happens against the Patriots.

Funny you say that as I am a substance abuse counselor and started this thread at work.

Cjeremy635
12-29-2009, 04:09 PM

I just got him for ya.

JB
12-29-2009, 04:10 PM
My plan (providing the Texans win) is to get drunk before, during and after the game. Go home and pass out until morning without watching any other game or highlights. I will either wake up happy or extremely hungover and pissed off depending on the what the radio tells me.

My plan (if the Texans lose) is to get drunk before, during and after the game. Go home and pass out while watching other games. I will wake extremely hungover and pissed off.

That sounds like my plan every Sunday during football season! :glasshalffull:

I need a Jim Beam smiley...

gary
12-29-2009, 04:12 PM

*Dang, gotta spread the Rep. Can someone hit'em up for me? *still giggling*I hit him up for you.

Texan_Bill
12-29-2009, 04:14 PM
That sounds like my plan every Sunday during football season! :glasshalffull:

I need a Jim Beam smiley...

It's been mine for 89 home games and a couple of roadies so far. Why would I change now??

JB
12-29-2009, 04:16 PM

I just got him for ya.

I hit him up for you.

Thanks for the rep Guys! :shades:

redwhiteANDblue
12-29-2009, 05:14 PM
Curses! Curses! Why oh why are our chances being dependent on the worst teams in the NFL! We have a curse I tell you! A curse!:hairpull:

sbalderrama
12-29-2009, 05:19 PM
One thing you can say about this Texans team anyway... if they do manage to squeak into the playoffs, nobody is going to consider them a pushover. One and done is not automatic, when they play well they can play with anyone. In the playoffs they won't be able to get by only playing one half though.

Porky
12-29-2009, 05:25 PM
I see one of two things happening sunday as well -

One is the Texans come out hot and build a nice halftime lead only to play like dogshit in the second half, blow the lead and then blow the game on a Kris Brown FG attempt to tie with seconds left, not coincedently our only scoring opportunity in the second half...

Or the Texans look like they are flatter than Calista Flokharts chest and get rolled in the first half only to mount a furious comeback in the second half....only to (yup you guessed it) lose on a last second FG attempt by Kris Brown to send the game to OT.

:rake:

Thorn
12-29-2009, 05:26 PM
If the Texans blow the game Sunday, and the right teams lose Sunday night that would have put the Texans in the post season, I may have to avoid this board for a few days. It's gonna be hell.

If the Texans win but don't get the help they need Sunday night, I'm sure there will still be sour grapes posted, but what the hell, it's life in the NFL. The Texans had the playoffs in their very hands earlier in the season and blew it.

If the Texans lose, and what happens Sunday night would have kept the Texans out of the playoffs anyway, it still won't be very pretty.

My gut feeling is that we won't see the Texans in the playoffs this year. Damn I hope I'm wrong on that.

Air Canada
12-29-2009, 05:50 PM
I see one of two things happening sunday as well -

One is the Texans come out hot and build a nice halftime lead only to play like dogshit in the second half, blow the lead and then blow the game on a Kris Brown FG attempt to tie with seconds left, not coincedently our only scoring opportunity in the second half...

Or the Texans look like they are flatter than Calista Flokharts chest and get rolled in the first half only to mount a furious comeback in the second half....only to (yup you guessed it) lose on a last second FG attempt by Kris Brown to send the game to OT.

:rake:

Or how about this one? The Texans come out and NE dominates the entire first half with a aerial assault, then in the 2nd half the Texans storm back to tie the game! They get the ball and and are driving into FG range to win the game.... KB WIDE LEFT!

OT... The Pats win the toss come down and nail the game-winning fg.

-Oh, ya and the Bengals and Raiders both win there games.... :pissed:

Houston Heartbreak continues...

^^^ I hope not.

Double Barrel
12-29-2009, 05:58 PM
If the Texans blow the game Sunday, and the right teams lose Sunday night that would have put the Texans in the post season, I may have to avoid this board for a few days. It's gonna be hell.

If the Texans win but don't get the help they need Sunday night, I'm sure there will still be sour grapes posted, but what the hell, it's life in the NFL. The Texans had the playoffs in their very hands earlier in the season and blew it.

If the Texans lose, and what happens Sunday night would have kept the Texans out of the playoffs anyway, it still won't be very pretty.

My gut feeling is that we won't see the Texans in the playoffs this year. Damn I hope I'm wrong on that.

I just want to see a winning record, and let the chips fall where they may regarding the playoffs. Our players/coaches should consider this game as 'must win' as any this franchise has ever seen up to this point, IMO.

HJam72
12-29-2009, 06:02 PM
I think we beat the Pats with a vengeance and NONE of our needs are met by other teams. We put ourselves in this position...

Thorn
12-29-2009, 06:08 PM
I think we beat the Pats with a vengeance and NONE of our needs are met by other teams. We put ourselves in this position...

Yes we most certainly did. But it would be nice to have a winning record for a change.

whiskeyrbl
12-29-2009, 07:23 PM

Jets beat Bengals
Broncos beat KC
Ravens beat Raiders
Patriots beat Texans

The optimist in me says:

Bengals beat Jets
Broncos beat KC
Ravens beat Raiders
Patriots beat Texans

If we pull off a win against the Pats, then Cincy can move to the #3 seed with a win. I think with that motivation they could pull off a win at home against the Jets.( Jets Out). Baltimore has looked good lately especially with Ray Rice at RB. However Oakland has pulled a couple of upsets this year... but not this time. Baltimore is in. Now that leaves Den v.s. KC. Kansas City has been playing pretty good since that Dallas game and has beaten a couple of good teams. Denver started out 6-0 and has gone 2-7 since. KC beats Denver. Denver out.
Texans are the 6th seed.

WC weekend
Hou @ Cincy
Bal. @ NE
If this was to happen I could see us beating Cincy again and the pats beating Bal.
Then we would have the payback of all paybacks at our fingertips.
Hou @ Indy
NE @ SD
Hold on 'cuz we could be in for a fun ride if everything falls into place.

bckey
12-29-2009, 10:35 PM
Hold on 'cuz we could be in for a fun ride if everything falls into place.

Maybe in 2012 when the planets align. The Texans are only even sniffing playoffs because the other wildcard contenders are at .500 also. We are in our usual territory. The other teams are not. We lost our playoffs already back when it mattered. This whole thing will be spun as if the Texans battled their way close to the playoffs when in fact they lost four straight division games in a row to only to rally back against the lowly Seahawks, Rams and Dolphins almost blowing the last 2. The only way we beat the Patriots is if they rest their starters. But fans on here would talk about a great victory and how we just missed getting in. Gary Kubiak had his team battling all the way to the end. Whatever. It is really frustrating knowing that this guy is coming back next year when you think he is the main problem holding them back from their full potential. If you think he is the right coach then your offseason will be a happy one while some of us have to wait a frustrating year to say I told you so even though we would rather be proved wrong.

DerekLee1
12-29-2009, 10:50 PM
Maybe in 2012 when the planets align. The Texans are only even sniffing playoffs because the other wildcard contenders are at .500 also. We are in our usual territory. The other teams are not. We lost our playoffs already back when it mattered. This whole thing will be spun as if the Texans battled their way close to the playoffs when in fact they lost four straight division games in a row to only to rally back against the lowly Seahawks, Rams and Dolphins almost blowing the last 2. The only way we beat the Patriots is if they rest their starters. But fans on here would talk about a great victory and how we just missed getting in. Gary Kubiak had his team battling all the way to the end. Whatever. It is really frustrating knowing that this guy is coming back next year when you think he is the main problem holding them back from their full potential. If you think he is the right coach then your offseason will be a happy one while some of us have to wait a frustrating year to say I told you so even though we would rather be proved wrong.

Glass half-empty, eh? I don't see Jets fans complaining about a free trip to win-and-you're-in.

False Start
12-29-2009, 10:55 PM
This definitely the most excited I've been for a Texans game since 19-10. If we lose, I'll be bummed out but not pi$$ed...unless we lose in BS fashion somehow. :polevault: ............. :texflag:

SAMURAITEXAN
12-29-2009, 11:13 PM
I want the Texans to win! Just focus on the Pats other than that beyond our control so, just focus on the Pats and come out with 9-7 winning record season!

Go Texans!!!

houstonspartan
12-30-2009, 12:10 AM
One thing you can say about this Texans team anyway... if they do manage to squeak into the playoffs, nobody is going to consider them a pushover. One and done is not automatic, when they play well they can play with anyone. In the playoffs they won't be able to get by only playing one half though.

Very good point. Even if we sneak in the back door and are one and done, that one team will fear us.

The Texans are not a joke.

Tedc
12-30-2009, 06:35 AM
The Serenity Prayer

and wisdom to know the Texans.

Fixed it for ya!

PHAROAH
12-30-2009, 07:53 AM
The Texans just need to take care of there business and let the chips fall in my opinion just take care of your business and win the game there is no tomorrow let the dawgs out and play full tilt on the patriots.

TheCD
12-30-2009, 09:05 AM

Ah geeze dude...way to bring down the room.

Where's that debbie downer graphic?

DeMarCushPoll
12-30-2009, 09:10 AM
honestly

I think by the 3rd Q after seeing hey the texans are hitting hard Pats say screw this we dont feel like playing anymore

we win

I seriously think the Jets wipp up on CIncy but Cincy plays hard 2 at home for there fans ..i have no idea who winz this one

I think the ravens are a good team they crush the raiders on the road this is teh RAVENS TEH RAVENS PEOPLE the radiers have no chance

who know what KC is going 2 do there playing at denver right so yeah thats not good for our chances

i really think 1 team we need to lose will lose but the other 2 will not

If we can take care of our own business, I think we have a better chance than most people think and this is why:

1. KC and Den absolutely hate each other and knocking Den out of the playoffs would be the next best thing to winning the SB for KC. KC will bring it.

2. The Raiders have only 5 wins but 4 of those were against Philly, Cinci, Den and Pit. They don't do much else but they do manage to play the spoiler pretty well.

3. I know everyone thinks that Cinci has nothing to play for but I think they do. Now that the game has moved to 7:30, I think they would be too embarrased to tank that game in front of the whole country national TV. That wouldn't be good for the franchise or the city. They may not win but I think they'll play to win.

4. Karma comes back to bite the s**t out of the jets for benefiting from the Indy game last week.

noxiousdog
12-30-2009, 09:38 AM
I can see:
Texans blow out the Pats and then Den loses, Bal wins, and the Jets win on an overtime FG with time running out.

or

Texans lose on a last second NE field goal and Den, Bal, and the Jets proceed to lose badly.

Both are standard Houston scenarios.

alphajoker
12-30-2009, 11:45 AM
I just want to see a winning record, and let the chips fall where they may regarding the playoffs. Our players/coaches should consider this game as 'must win' as any this franchise has ever seen up to this point, IMO.

My sentiments exactly! Texans need to just worry about what they can control and that's beating the Patriots and having a winning record. Everything else is up to the football powers that be if we are destined to be in the playoffs.