PDA

View Full Version : Busing will be attacked by Brady

m5kwatts
12-29-2009, 02:22 AM
This matchup is giving me nightmares. I imagine they'll bracket Moss with Pollard and Dunta and that will leave Busing out on an island. Brady knows how to attack weaknesses as good as anybody and I'm sure Belichick will spend all week scheming to attack him. Anyone else feel they'd almost rather see Ferguson play over Busing?

I fear this could be the difference in the game, I'll be praying Brady only plays a half of football and our good half of football happens to be in the 2nd half. Just weather the storm when 12 is in there. The other matchups don't scare me as much-Cushing can cover Watson and Welker is unstoppable with all the underneath catches but as long as we take good angles and tackle we can contain him. Their defense doesn't scare anyone not even the Bills and their running game is Texans-esque (bad).

barrett
12-29-2009, 02:41 AM
This matchup is giving me nightmares. I imagine they'll bracket Moss with Pollard and Dunta and that will leave Busing out on an island. Brady knows how to attack weaknesses as good as anybody and I'm sure Belichick will spend all week scheming to attack him. Anyone else feel they'd almost rather see Ferguson play over Busing?

I fear this could be the difference in the game, I'll be praying Brady only plays a half of football and our good half of football happens to be in the 2nd half. Just weather the storm when 12 is in there. The other matchups don't scare me as much-Cushing can cover Watson and Welker is unstoppable with all the underneath catches but as long as we take good angles and tackle we can contain him. Their defense doesn't scare anyone not even the Bills and their running game is Texans-esque (bad).

You can expect them to pick on #23 as well. I completely agree with you that it may have a HUGE impact to have Busing in there but I'm afraid Ferguson just doesn't have the wheels. I'd rather go with him though because I feel like he's a smarter player. His angles (Busing's) are what really scare me.

mussop
12-29-2009, 04:33 AM
Did they announce busing is starting?

Malloy
12-29-2009, 05:13 AM
I just hope that Pollard comes up to Brady before the stat and lets him know that he'll blitz alot :)

ObsiWan
12-29-2009, 05:16 AM

I don't think so. It's too early.
But with Barber down we're running out of options.

ATXtexanfan
12-29-2009, 07:15 AM
To be honest, I feared dunta being molested right before our eyes. If busing is in there this is gonna be terrible. The O will have to win this one.

Scooter
12-29-2009, 07:36 AM
i think we can do it with the right brackets. dunta cant play moss - too slow and too small. matching a rookie against moss is asking for it, but pounding on him with quinn and the near safety for the duration might work. if dunta actually gives his full effort and has spent the week watching tape, he can follow welker around with linebacker support (welker being the biggest threat IMO). we cant beat brady with schemes, but we can match up against his cast if we're able to keep the patriots offense from getting behind us.

Texan_Bill
12-29-2009, 08:43 AM
Have Pollard knock the piss out of Brady.. Problem sol-ved.

El Tejano
12-29-2009, 08:49 AM
This is a big game for Arian Foster. If we can get him going, it will help our defense alot because it means the Patriots offense will be off the field. I'm not scared of their defense. They have some injuries to that side and I believe our offense can play with anyone in this league. However, Foster has to have a good game to help us offensively and defensively.

TEXANS84
12-29-2009, 08:49 AM

Paul Kuharsky (ESPN) has announced Busing as starting.

Scary....he better stay over the top at all times and not let anyone run by him. Still wondering why Ferguson doesn't roll over to that spot instead of Busing.

El Tejano
12-29-2009, 08:52 AM
Frank Bush better have Busing spending the night in the film room with Eugene Wilson hightlights.

Maddict5
12-29-2009, 09:03 AM
Paul Kuharsky (ESPN) has announced Busing as starting.

Scary....he better stay over the top at all times and not let anyone run by him. Still wondering why Ferguson doesn't roll over to that spot instead of Busing.

i think it was the first jags game that nick got absolutely molested. hasnt been seen since then. barbers loss will be felt either way i think

Maddict5
12-29-2009, 09:05 AM
brandon harrison anyone? at least he had some wheels and could sorta cover when he wasnt always getting fooled. i dont see the point of russell another slow guy that cant cover

Ole Miss Texan
12-29-2009, 11:18 AM
Dunta has been picked on all season long. I think they'll have Pollard covering behind him regardless of where Moss is on the field.

My keys to victory:
1. Get as many DB's on the field to limit their passing attack. Force NE to run the ball more and eat up clock. The quicker we can close out the 1st Qtr/1st Half, the quicker Brady gets off the field. Can't let them march down the field at will.
2. Get pressure on Brady. DL has to step up, blitz early and often. We have to get pressure on Brady early in the game. Even if they're completing short routes, keep blitzing and knock Brady on the ground. The more we can do that, the sooner they should take him out to avoid injury. If his jersey stays clean, the longer he probably stays in.

HOU-TEX
12-29-2009, 11:30 AM
Dunta has been picked on all season long. I think they'll have Pollard covering behind him regardless of where Moss is on the field.

My keys to victory:
1. Get as many DB's on the field to limit their passing attack. Force NE to run the ball more and eat up clock. The quicker we can close out the 1st Qtr/1st Half, the quicker Brady gets off the field. Can't let them march down the field at will.
2. Get pressure on Brady. DL has to step up, blitz early and often. We have to get pressure on Brady early in the game. Even if they're completing short routes, keep blitzing and knock Brady on the ground. The more we can do that, the sooner they should take him out to avoid injury. If his jersey stays clean, the longer he probably stays in.

My keys to victory:

Brady, Moss and Welker sit for this game

nero THE zero
12-29-2009, 11:56 AM
I think it's almost a no-brainer at this point to put Quin at FS, start Reeves and Dunta, and play McCain at nickel.

We obviously won't do that, but Quin's a natural at FS and our depth at CB is 10x better than our depth at S right now.

mussop
12-29-2009, 12:06 PM
I think it's almost a no-brainer at this point to put Quin at FS, start Reeves and Dunta, and play McCain at nickel.

We obviously won't do that, but Quin's a natural at FS and our depth at CB is 10x better than our depth at S right now.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

mussop
12-29-2009, 12:08 PM
i think it was the first jags game that nick got absolutely molested. hasnt been seen since then. barbers loss will be felt either way i think

Actually he started another game but wa pulled at halftime. Cant remember which one. The only reason I can see starting Busing is to have a built in excuse to loose this game. Kubiak is pulling out all the stops to save his sorry ass.

Norg
12-29-2009, 12:10 PM
obvs the coaches see something in bushing dont forget he still a rookie but they must think hes got upside

Honoring Earl 34
12-29-2009, 12:13 PM
I've got this one covered . I'm in charge of waking up Mario for this game .

http://www.dailyecotips.com/wp-content/uploads/wind-up-clock-300x300.jpg

http://images.chron.com/blogs/specialfeatures/archives/godzilla.jpg

Mr. White
12-29-2009, 12:17 PM
obvs the coaches see something in bushing dont forget he still a rookie but they must think hes got upside

No he isn't. This is his 4th year in the league.

It may not matter anyway. I don't think that Brady's gonna play this game.

HOU-TEX
12-29-2009, 12:19 PM
I've got this one covered . I'm in charge of waking up Mario for this game .

Yeah, I must admit, I'd love to see Mario completely knock the piss outta Brady. Send Brady crying to the referees.

Honoring Earl 34
12-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Yeah, I must admit, I'd love to see Mario completely knock the piss outta Brady. Send Brady crying to the referees.

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2009/skirt.htm

http://www.bangcartoon.com/2009/flawed_execution.htm

RagingBull
12-29-2009, 02:56 PM
GQ should make his debut at safety, Dunta and Reeves as starting corner, McCain as nickel, and Pollard as the other safety.

Problem solved.

m5kwatts
12-29-2009, 03:17 PM
i think we can do it with the right brackets. dunta cant play moss - too slow and too small. matching a rookie against moss is asking for it, but pounding on him with quinn and the near safety for the duration might work. if dunta actually gives his full effort and has spent the week watching tape, he can follow welker around with linebacker support (welker being the biggest threat IMO). we cant beat brady with schemes, but we can match up against his cast if we're able to keep the patriots offense from getting behind us.

Dunta takes the other teams #1 so I assume he'll be on him... I personally might rather see Reeves, I'd say he has a little more speed than Dunta and has the length to give Moss more of a fit.

And I disagree with the Quin to FS notion, we need to him to replace Dunta next year. Did anyone else notice Quin was moved from nickel duties to the starting lineup and Reeves was put on nickel?

HOU-TEX
12-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Welker will chew up short yardage then Moss will go deep. That's what they do,no?

TEXANS84
12-29-2009, 03:59 PM
Why does this image keep popping into my head now that I hear Busing is starting?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2747/4131338894_9e3909687d.jpg

Ryan
12-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Brady's banged up a little bit. I doubt he plays longer than a quarter if at all.

Texan4Ever
12-29-2009, 04:09 PM
If we can't get a decent pass rush going we're screwed for this game. Our DBs suck and if we can't get Brady on the ground, Welker and Moss will have a fantasy galore.

DexmanC
12-29-2009, 05:55 PM

Ummm. Busing is a journeyman safety in his FOURTH season.

http://www.nfl.com/players/johnbusing/profile?id=BUS453213

spurstexanstros
12-29-2009, 06:24 PM
At least its not me this time" Petey "Big Play" Faggins.

Hervoyel
12-29-2009, 06:40 PM
We need to send Pollard on a blitz or two early. I'm sure Brady isn't in a hurry to become reacquainted with Bernard Pollard. Knock the piss out of him and get in his head early.

m5kwatts
12-29-2009, 06:46 PM
We need to send Pollard on a blitz or two early. I'm sure Brady isn't in a hurry to become reacquainted with Bernard Pollard. Knock the piss out of him and get in his head early.

I was just thinking, I'm surprised the media isn't running with the whole "Pollard knocked him out for the year in 08" thing

Anyone remember this though?

http://justamemo.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/09/bernard-pollard-graphic.jpg

I actually wouldn't mind having one of those, especially for this week :texflag: