PDA

View Full Version : The NEWEST Biggest Game in Texans History!!!

Mean Machine
12-27-2009, 09:21 PM
Sunday, January 3
12pm
Reliant Stadium

Be EARLY!
Be LOUD!
Wear Blue!

GO TEXANS!

Well, after 8 years, of ups and downs, unfortunately more downs than ups, we are playing for what we all were talking about last summer, last spring and ever since that kickoff back in September of 2002. The Play-Offs!

If we win, we will be 9-7 for the very first time.
If we win we have a shot, a chance to play the next week, our 17th game.

What can YOU do?

Get to Reliant early, and let's be the fans we know we can be! And the fans who say "when the game really means something" I'll be there, well THIS IS IT!

Tell your friends, tell your family, tell your neighbors, tell your tailgating buddies......GET IN THERE EARLY and lets get ready to RUMMMMMMMBBBBLLLLE!!!

GO TEXANS!!!

billybob
12-27-2009, 09:30 PM
I'd say the Texans have a fair chance at this one...Are the Pats going to play their starters?

brakos82
12-27-2009, 09:32 PM
I'd say the Texans have a fair chance at this one...Are the Pats going to play their starters?

I heard Brady has something nagging him, but I expect Moss and Welker to be out there 4 quarters.

Maddict5
12-27-2009, 09:36 PM
its simple. if we win we're in the playoffs.

then relax and see if 2 of the other 3 lose their 4 pm games to keep us there :)

Norg
12-27-2009, 09:36 PM
no the pats have nothing to play for

WHo wants to play 4 quarters with houston in Houston !!!! LOL

Thorn
12-27-2009, 09:40 PM
WHo wants to play 4 quarters with houston in Houston !!!! LOL

Hell, even the Texans don't play 4 quarters. LOL

axman40
12-27-2009, 09:41 PM
Hell, even the Texans don't play 4 quarters. LOL
Please child 4 quarters is so 1960!
:fans:

billybob
12-27-2009, 09:44 PM
then relax and see if 2 of the other 3 lose their 4 pm games to keep us there :)

ha..i guarantee if the Texans win, it won't be a relaxing 4 pm game.

imatexan
12-28-2009, 12:57 AM
:texflag:

Ryan
12-28-2009, 01:49 AM
The last thing i do if/after we win would be to relax. I have to count on the chiefs and/or raiders to win. :gun:

DerekLee1
12-28-2009, 02:15 AM
its simple. if we win we're in the playoffs.

Not quite. But we have to win to be scoreboard-watching for the rest of the day. It sure as HELL beats draft-position watching in Week 17.

then relax and see if 2 of the other 3 lose their 4 pm games to keep us there :)[/QUOTE]

Blazin' Toro
12-28-2009, 02:16 AM
If the Patriots keep their starters in and we get crushed I won't even care. I just want to see Cushing and/or Mario knock Brady's lights out and a nice huge hit to Moss from Pollard. I mean I really want to stay optimistic about the playoffs but depending on the Chiefs and Raiders is hopeless, though it would be nice to have our first winning record!

Malloy
12-28-2009, 02:53 AM
Sunday, January 3
12pm
Reliant Stadium

Be EARLY!
Be LOUD!
Wear Blue!
Play four quarters DAMNIT!
GO TEXANS!

Roger :)

Leahmic223
12-28-2009, 07:18 AM
At least if we win we will have had a winning season.

El Tejano
12-28-2009, 07:55 AM
So let me get this straight. When we win on Sunday, we have to wait til after 3pm to see what our destiny is? Oh the excitement!!!!

ArlingtonTexan
12-28-2009, 08:03 AM
So let me get this straight. When we win on Sunday, we have to wait til after 3pm to see what our destiny is? Oh the excitement!!!!

Well we might not know anything until around 10:30 on Sunday night

KC @ DEN Invesco Field at Mile High 3:15 PM
BAL @ OAK Oakland Coliseum 3:15 PM
CIN @ NYJ Giants Stadium 7:20 PM

mussop
12-28-2009, 08:24 AM
Well we might not know anything until around 10:30 on Sunday night

KC @ DEN Invesco Field at Mile High 3:15 PM
BAL @ OAK Oakland Coliseum 3:15 PM
CIN @ NYJ Giants Stadium 7:20 PM

KC, OAK and CIN all have to win right?

DexmanC
12-28-2009, 08:31 AM
KC, OAK and CIN all have to win right?

2 out of 3 of those have to win.

Silver Oak
12-28-2009, 08:36 AM
2 out of 3 of those have to win.

thanks for flushing your pink soap! welcome back.

:fans:

gwallaia
12-28-2009, 08:49 AM
Patriots and Bengals are both 10-5. While neither of them will have first rounds byes and can not be caught by teams beneath them, they have something to play for. It would behoove both the Bengals and Patriots to try and get a better record than the other in case they should meet in the Championship Game.

ChampionTexan
12-28-2009, 09:10 AM
Patriots and Bengals are both 10-5. While neither of them will have first rounds byes and can not be caught by teams beneath them, they have something to play for. It would behoove both the Bengals and Patriots to try and get a better record than the other in case they should meet in the Championship Game.

Yeah, but while I don't agree with it, some teams might view a 100% chance of rest and injury avoidance as a better option than the "potential" of home field advantage (Particularly since both Indy and SD appear to be juggernauts this year). It may be that either or both teams rest starters. Cincy already lost Maualuga and they may be unwilling to risk more than that for the improbable chance of homefield advantage.

We won't know which way they go until gametime, or some sort of pronouncement by the team, but it will make for an interesting week leading up to the games.

Fred
12-28-2009, 07:51 PM
Not quite. But we have to win to be scoreboard-watching for the rest of the day. It sure as HELL beats draft-position watching in Week 17.
then relax and see if 2 of the other 3 lose their 4 pm games to keep us there :)[/QUOTE]

AMEN! This is the first year I have spent this week calculating out wild card tiebreakers instead of draft position tiebreakers.

jppaul
12-28-2009, 10:00 PM
I just hope Sanchise goes all 5 interceptions on the Bengals. The Bengals do have a great Run D, could force him to toss it around the yard.

edo783
12-28-2009, 10:13 PM
AMEN! This is the first year I have spent this week calculating out wild card tiebreakers instead of draft position tiebreakers.[/QUOTE]

Kind of nice isn't it? We ARE doing better. Will we get to the play offs... not even Vegas knows at this point, but the end of the season is one heck of a lot more interesting than it has EVER been.

Khari
12-28-2009, 10:13 PM
every game is the biggest game in texans history

FirstTexansFan
12-28-2009, 10:15 PM
Too much optimism in this thread for me... some folks need to wake up and smell the coffee... it's closer than the playoffs for this team... :)

hookinreds
12-28-2009, 10:21 PM
I just hope Sanchise goes all 5 interceptions on the Bengals. The Bengals do have a great Run D, could force him to toss it around the yard.

It's going to be about 25 degrees at game time. Sunshine no likey the cold.

H.C.4100-Bloc
12-29-2009, 07:29 AM
History in the making

DeMarCushPoll
12-29-2009, 08:35 AM
If the Patriots keep their starters in and we get crushed I won't even care. I just want to see Cushing and/or Mario knock Brady's lights out and a nice huge hit to Moss from Pollard. I mean I really want to stay optimistic about the playoffs but depending on the Chiefs and Raiders is hopeless, though it would be nice to have our first winning record!

I wouldn't say depending on the Raiders and Chiefs is hopeless. The Raiders have stepped up and beat some good teams this year including Philly, Cinci, Pit and Den.

As for KC and Den, that is one of the biggest hated rivalries in all of sports. KC will come to play, because knocking Den out of the playoffs would make their whole season.

SAMURAITEXAN
12-29-2009, 08:45 AM
Gotta win!!! Our first winning season and just may be ppppppppppp.

Go Texans!!!

ObsiWan
12-29-2009, 09:09 AM
every game is the biggest game in texans history

must spread rep.
poot...

totally agree though. there are no "throw away" games

El Tejano
12-29-2009, 09:16 AM
I plan on you guys being able to hear me all the way from Austin. Especially when we win.

HJam72
12-29-2009, 09:27 AM
I got it! We're playing at home, so if we're winning at halftime, we just skip it and go right into the 3rd Qtr. :fans:

HOU-TEX
12-29-2009, 10:49 AM
To me, it's just a big game that might get us our first winning season, not playoffs. Sorry, but I'm not going to rely on KC, Oakland and an Indy team that will be resting.

From the looks of the Wild Card records we could've been guaranteed a spot if we just took care of business. We didn't, so now it lies in the hands of KC and Oak. Meh, I'll pass and just hope for 9-7.

infantrycak
12-29-2009, 10:59 AM
To me, it's just a big game that might get us our first winning season, not playoffs. Sorry, but I'm not going to rely on KC, Oakland and an Indy team that will be resting.

From the looks of the Wild Card records we could've been guaranteed a spot if we just took care of business. We didn't, so now it lies in the hands of KC and Oak. Meh, I'll pass and just hope for 9-7.

That's the sad thing. Just one or two plays for one more W and the Texans are in the catbird seat and other teams are looking at us saying we get in if they lose.

HOU-TEX
12-29-2009, 11:04 AM
That's the sad thing. Just one or two plays for one more W and the Texans are in the catbird seat and other teams are looking at us saying we get in if they lose.

Yep, and that is the primary reason I've been so blah lately. It was ours for the taking, but we kept finding ways to hand games over. Very upsetting to me because I was expecting more out of this season. Unlike our previous "rebuilding" seasons.

If we happen to back our way in I'd be happy, but still somewhat disappointed.

Texan_Bill
12-29-2009, 11:08 AM

In a "glass half full" kinda way, I see that as a positive. You take a young team put in those situations and they will gain experience to "make that play" here or there in the future.

Alright nevermind. They suck, the world is ending, life sucks and people don't know when the decade really ends.

HOU-TEX
12-29-2009, 11:16 AM
In a "glass half full" kinda way, I see that as a positive. You take a young team put in those situations and they will gain experience to "make that play" here or there in the future.

Alright nevermind. They suck, the world is ending, life sucks and people don't know when the decade really ends.

Nah, I don't really buy the youth being an excuse, at least not this year. And I'm not saying you are using it as an "excuse". I've just seen it mentioned quite often and I just don't buy it.

Ha, I'm not that much of a pessimist. I still love this team and still get blood pressure headaches watching them. That's gotta mean I care, right?

Texan_Bill
12-29-2009, 11:20 AM
Nah, I don't really buy the youth being an excuse, at least not this year. And I'm not saying you are using it as an "excuse". I've just seen it mentioned quite often and I just don't buy it.

Ha, I'm not that much of a pessimist. I still love this team and still get blood pressure headaches watching them. That's gotta mean I care, right?

It either means you care or you didn't learn your lessons from the Oilers over the years, or both. :truck:

HOU-TEX
12-29-2009, 11:43 AM
It either means you care or you didn't learn your lessons from the Oilers over the years, or both. :truck:

*Sigh* I suppose it's both. :cry2:

El Tejano
12-29-2009, 12:29 PM

And that would be okay. In order for us to get in to begin with, we have to be 9-7 so first things first.

GuerillaBlack
12-29-2009, 01:13 PM
I hate the Colts.

TigerWoods..Not
12-30-2009, 09:18 AM
Be loud!