PDA

View Full Version : Why I would keep Kubiak

Pages : 1 [2]

Scooter
12-29-2009, 01:52 PM
If you pro Kubiakers are going to give Kubiak credit for building this team then dont you think he should get the blame for not addressing the depth also.

if you anti kubiakers are going to expect lemonade, you have to wait for the squeeze. unless i'm missing someone we've replace 49 of the active 53 ... obviously not including another 7 on the practice squad and without looking it up about 12 on injured reserve. really?

First RB. The highest pick he used on a RB is the 3rd round at that was admitedly by him for a third down back. No one outside of this coaching staff thought we had any depth at RB going into this season so thats on them. We have had many opportunities to brng in upgrades at this position and passed.

slaton obviously should've been in the probowl last season. everyone outside of tennessee thought chris brown healthy was a solid fit and between him, moats, and a pair of high potential UDFA's (foster and i forget the other) we could maintain if not improve. we also got suprised by "our guy" (i forget the name) going before we could get him in the 3rd or 4th during the draft.

Next QB, are you serious?

not sure which direction you're going here but by your history i'll assume "grrr texans bad". we have near elite talent, brought in physical perfection for kubiak to mold over the course of a few seasons, and a young superbowl starter just in case.

Next OL. No depth here, really? Our offensve stats that your clan loves to use, shows that we are doing pretty good after loosing 2 starters, The depth must be better here than you think. Our starters arent great but our depth is on par with the rest of the NFL's depth at OL.

in which area are we doing pretty good after LOSING 2 starters ... it wouldnt be in the passing game with arguably the ultimate passing coach i'm sure (despite being castrated in his gameplan without the play-action and bootleg) would it? maybe it's in the running game where we're still developing an offensive line where we lean on 3 first time starters. i doubt that studdard, white, rookie caldwell, and potential butler have been fighting off calls all season to anchor top tier lines.

Now DL. Another missconception. Our DL rotation isnt as bad as people here believe. Sure we dont have a dominating T but how many teams do? All the DT's outside of Okam are decent rotation guys. They arent great but as far as depth goes they arent as bad as people beleive they are.

"how many teams have a dominant tackle?" MOST teams do, even the bad ones. most teams are missing an end or a compliment to that tackle - not doing everything to land that nose tackle.

CB, lets see Robinson, Quin, and Reeves (one of Kubiaks big FA aqusitions) give us 3 guys capable of starting with Brice who is a capable nickle. I know they could be better but as far as depth goes that is pretty much what every team begins the year with.

"3 capable starters" ... one of which the fans are seemingly desperate to get rid of. guess what, he's not the 4th round kubiak draft pick, or the kubiak free agent, or the kubiak potential from our 6th round.

And now Safety. No argument here. This regime has ignored this position since day one. We were lucky to stumble accross Pollard. I honestly dont know if this staff would know a good S it he bit them on the ass. I dont know how anyone that is a Texans fan can use the Safety position as an excuse for this staff.

i've been begging for a safety since praying for a trade-up for sean taylor, and am still hoping we finally find a centerfielder. we havent found it and in mine and most opinions we havent tried hard enough, but you cant ignore bringing in named guys like will demps, eugene wilson, and bernard pollard. we've spent our focus on the defensive line and in a vacuum when asking anyone who knows the first thing about football, you build from the line out

This team has plenty of talent. Could it be better in certain areas? Absolutely but depth is not a good excuse for this debate.

we're struggling to fulfill our strongest positions of tightend and #2 receiver with mixed injuries ... how is depth NOT a concern?

There its been addressed now go away and dont come back until you have something real to offer to this conversation.

real ... 8-7. playoff possibilities in both week 16 and 17, along with other franchise firsts all season. every kubiak detractor has wins as their one and only arguement ... and as with every post i make (mirroring the kubiak detractors), wins is the only thing that matters. our win total leading to week 17 has us playing for the playoffs when most outside of houston didnt give us that much ... "a lucky 9-7 or 8-8 but could make noise if they get in like the cardinals last season". our win total going into week 17 is the best we've ever had ... even more impressive after a brutal stretch of missed opportunities. i'm not happy with our win total, and even less so with the division record (sorry dex, didnt mean to take you out of this conversation), but i am willing to see WHY we have this number, and am willing to look beyond to WHY we'll be more next season.

ObsiWan
12-29-2009, 01:57 PM
Nice word play. Now why dont you really answer the question. Its starting to like you are just argueing to argue.

Let's just strip this down to the bare essentials: Cowher vs. Kubiak.

Which guy, in your estimation, is the better GAMEDAY coach and GAMEDAY tactician who can lead his team to overcome obstacles and put them in position to win?

If you are not going to answer the question honestly then why even bother? Its a simple question, who is the better coach at making gameday decisions, Kubiak or Cowher?

And before any morons jump in and inject a "we are not getting Cowher" post, do yourselves a favor and read up on this debate from the beginning.

I have to confess that I have very limited data on Cowher's gameday decision making since I follow the Texans and not the Steelers. I don't know if the talent level he had or his gameday strategy was the key to his success.

I'm inclined to think its some of both; he had the players to implement his strategy. I don't remember many Cowher teams being able to come back from 2+ scores down late in games. I remember them being more of the get the lead, unleash Dick LeBeau's blitz-happy defense, and run the ball down their opponents' throats. From what I recall, if you could get up by two TDs on the Steelers in the 2nd half - no doubt very tough to do given that defense - then you could beat them.

You'll have to provide me with examples of where they came from 10+ down in the second half of games and came back to win. That's "overcoming obstacles".

Texecutioner
12-29-2009, 02:06 PM
our win total going into week 17 is the best we've ever had ...

You see that's the loser's mentality right there. You're proud of this season because you think it's the best we've ever had because you're comparing it to all of these other horrible seasons. Well, we've sucked as an organization, so of course what looks like a decent season looks okay, but in reality that's a loser's approach. Constantly trying to compare yourself to the bottom to make yourself feel better is easy. Compare yourself to what you should be and other team's that have found more success instead of being happy just because we're not that same 2-14 team or that 6-10 team from a few years ago. It's like looking at a Bum in front of a liquor store and feeling great about yourself, because you're comparing yourself to him instead of looking at that over achiever that has done well with little opportunities in life and trying to carve yourself after some of his qualities. You're looking back on awful embarrassing seasons and then comparing it to now and being all happy just because we're not a league joke anymore, but we're still under achievers in reality from where we should be with this team.

There was a guy on another board this week at half time and he was watching this game and the first thing he said at halftime was that he expected the Dolphins to come back and beat the Texans because the Dolphins are great at coming back in games and the Texans are great at choking in games Nd hell the Texans almost did choke another one away. The bad Omen hit again with this team, it was just that we had barely enough points to keep that lead. This guy isn't a fan of the Texans nor does he hate the Texans. He just didn't have any respect for this team and didn't think we could even hold up a 27-0 lead. That is what most fans think of the Texans around the country. No one gives this team any real respect. Our reputation is like the Bills and slightly above the Lions to most people.

ObsiWan
12-29-2009, 02:08 PM
I also dissagree that we should be content just making the playoffs for the next couple of years. If you have the right core of players and again I believe we do, then your only goal should be the Superbowl.

Let me get something straightbefore I get jumped on, I dont think we have the talent to win the Superbowl right now. I think we have a really good CORE of young talented players and think with the right additions and the right HC could be one of the teams that could be a legitamate contendar for years to come.

We are in 100% agreement here.
Our diff is you think Cowher is the "right HC." I'm not sure. To borrow from TheCD, "Maybe, maybe not".

Cowher IS looking for a job.
By rights, Kubiak didn't deliver. Yeah, I said it. According to the original plan, we should be IN the playoffs, not hoping for them.
We can all discuss/debate/argue this until we're all blue in the face - and that's a real trick for me; seen my avatar? - but the truth is, it ain't up to us.
It's up to the man who writes all the checks; soooo what will McNair do?

I still think he should give Kubiak & co. one more year to finish what he started.

Goldensilence
12-29-2009, 02:20 PM
First of all, as I said before I'm not making an argument to either keep or fire Kubiak, so if that was directed at me, you're off-base in that regard.

Do you remember how bad this team was? It's impossible to build a team from the ground up with great starters AND depth in 5 years.. At the very least, Kubiak has put good starters in place, the depth comes afterwards, and I think we're almost to the point where we can start looking at drafting for depth predominately in the next year or two (regardless of the coach that is in place)

Yeah but how long does excuse/reason that go? We've got serviceable starters in some areas. Needs in others and serious depth issues at others. I still challenge people to look at the past few drafts and identify what has been brought in. 2007 was not good.

Slaton is a good back (assuming he doesn't pull a DD/W on us), and the two guys we're rolling with now are servicable. Sometimes situations do occur where great backs (or any positions) are available in the draft but to draft them would require you to blow up your scheme or place them in a position to fail. Is that the best course of action for Kubiak to take? Maybe, maybe not. But there might be a back he sees high in this draft that he will pounce on given the chance. Maybe that wasn't the case in years past.

It was perfectly the case in this draft that he could've drafted help easily. LeSean McCoy and Shonn Greene were there for the taking i nthe second. Instead we got Conor Barwin. Could've had another big back in Javon Ringer in the fourth instead we got Bennie Joppru(the blocker this time!) Gartrell Johnson was available. James Davis was there still in the 6th round! Finally Rashad Jennings was around in the seventh. Don't say there wasn't opportunities to address it at least even this year ina draft deep in Running backs. Not only that he picks up two good UDFA and finally figures out in the wanning part of the season that maybe they are better option that Chris Brown. I'm starting to think somewhere ina safe at Chris Brown's house there are compromising photos of Gary Kubiak.

We've got an excellent starter...but if you're even going to try to say Rex is a good backup after how he played in relief of Matt...I think you may have forgotten just how bad he was.

Look, I'm not here to defend Rex Grossman but, we all knew what we were getting with him. Unless Rex went on his own accord with that pass he should've been eased into the game instead of sticking to Gary's Script. IMO that's just bad game management.

To say we have good centers and a good right guard is to ignore the production (the lack thereof, that is) this year.

Both agree on this, but again how is the roster depth Gary is choosing not coming back on him?

Perhaps I mis-spoke in this regard. It does seem we have good depth in most of these positions, but no real starters. Duane and Eric get the job done, and Chester isn't bad by any means...but other that than what is there? Chester might be better off as a backup than as a starter if the right guy can be found.

Again this goes back on Gary's roster calls and sticking with Studdard, White, Brisiel, and Myers. Agree Brown and Winston and serviceable and Pitts is IMO an above capable starter. If GAry does stick around next year I'd love to see him draft interior OL help and actually plug them in earlier in the year.

We're better at CB than in years past, but I really can't say with any confidence that Dunta is worthy of anything more than a nickel position. Maybe if the opposing WR is a possession receiver Dunta can cover him, but I nearly have a heart attack any time the offense throws a deep ball for fear that Dunta is covering the receiver.

We agree completely on this. Right now he sure as hell isn't playing up to the level of being tagged and honestly I'm tired of hearing well he was the best we got. Lack of quality players in the secondary has been a lingering concern with this staff.I like the addition of Pollard this year, but it makes me nervous because it seems to be a pattern. Don't address our terrible play at safety during the offseason, realize how bad it is early i nthe season, scramble to fix it with a player, they excell but tend to tail off the following year. I get the feeling Pollard might break that, but I wouldn't offer him anything more then a healthy 2 year deal at this point.

You're perfectly right here. This team has plenty of talent. But it seems as though our talent is geared towards the bulk of the skill positions and neglects the nitty-gritty. We're all fond of most of our players, but outside of Andre, Mario, Matt, Steve, the LB's and Bernard...is the talent we have REALLY that good? I used to think so, but as the season has worn on I have been more inclined to say it isn't.

See. Statements like this seem to put the "pro-Kubiak" crowd in a bit of a paradox. They keep claiming how much he has turned this roster into something competitive but, it's still not complete and still has some glaring needs in the same spots over and over. It never seems to come back on him for all the good of the 4th year roster make over he's done

I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong...I'm not trying to argue, I'm just trying to debate with you. You say there's plenty of talent on this team...I think there's a lot less that people think there is. Is that Kubiak's fault? Sure. Is it Kubiak's fault for having the talent that we do? Of course.

Does that mean he's the right guy for the job? Maybe...maybe not.

You bring up some good points. I guess like mussop I lean towards the maybe not part.

In the end my feeling is that barring a blow out win by the Pats, unfortunately we'll see Gary Kubiak next year, and miss out on some top tier coaching talent this off-season.

We'll all discuss "the most exciting 8-8 season ever" and some will be pleased while others won't be, at all.

mussop
12-29-2009, 02:30 PM
We are in 100% agreement here.
Our diff is you think Cowher is the "right HC." I'm not sure. To borrow from TheCD, "Maybe, maybe not".

Cowher IS looking for a job.
By rights, Kubiak didn't deliver. Yeah, I said it. According to the original plan, we should be IN the playoffs, not hoping for them.
We can all discuss/debate/argue this until we're all blue in the face - and that's a real trick for me; seen my avatar? - but the truth is, it ain't up to us.
It's up to the man who writes all the checks; soooo what will McNair do?

Sad but true. Hey no matter who the coach is next year Im going to root for this team. I love em and Im here for the long haul. I really do hope Kubiak turns into a good coach but I wont believe it until I see it.

ObsiWan
12-29-2009, 02:36 PM
Sad but true. Hey no matter who the coach is next year Im going to root for this team. I love em and Im here for the long haul. I really do hope Kubiak turns into a good coach but I wont believe it until I see it.

Fair enough.

And if McNair decides he's had enough of GK and makes a change I won't burn my Mario or DeMeco or Sharper jerseys (I can't bring myself to buy offensive jerseys) or the two dozen or so other Texans' shirts I've got. And even though they drive me nuts at times, they're still my team.
:texflag:

ObsiWan
12-29-2009, 02:38 PM
is this how the pro/con HWWNBN threads were? Umpteen threads basically saying the same stuff over and over again in umpteen different ways?

mussop
12-29-2009, 02:43 PM
I have to confess that I have very limited data on Cowher's gameday decision making since I follow the Texans and not the Steelers. I don't know if the talent level he had or his gameday strategy was the key to his success.

I'm inclined to think its some of both; he had the players to implement his strategy. I don't remember many Cowher teams being able to come back from 2+ scores down late in games. I remember them being more of the get the lead, unleash Dick LeBeau's blitz-happy defense, and run the ball down their opponents' throats. From what I recall, if you could get up by two TDs on the Steelers in the 2nd half - no doubt very tough to do given that defense - then you could beat them.

You'll have to provide me with examples of where they came from 10+ down in the second half of games and came back to win. That's "overcoming obstacles".

Have we ever came from 10 points down?

Texecutioner
12-29-2009, 02:43 PM
is this how the pro/con HWWNBN threads were? Umpteen threads basically saying the same stuff over and over again in umpteen different ways?

Pretty much. Lol!

I tried to stay out of this thread, but it just kept going and going like the 6 other threads we've had where we've debated this same topic over and over just slicing our points up in different ways. You keep reading and reading and then you can't help but to post something. :good:

Like many others have stated though, I think Kubes will be back another season though.

Scooter
12-29-2009, 02:47 PM
edit.

ObsiWan
12-29-2009, 03:25 PM
Have we ever came from 10 points down?

last year against Miami we were down 14-3 to name one that sticks in my mind.
the year before we were down 14-zip at Carolina and came back to win that game 34-21

================

I went over the Cowher record in playoffs; I wasn't gonna do 14 yrs of reg. season games. Besides playoffs should be where he does his best coaching, right? Anyhow, he's got a couple of comeback wins, but mostly he stomped them or he got stomped.

You can tell I'm bored or I never would have looked up all this crap. :D

Anyway....
1992 - Lost to Bills (at Home) 24-3 - got stomped
1993 - Lost to KC 27-24 (Pitt had leads of 17-7 and 24-17; but then, KC had Joe Montana :D )
1994 - Lost div champ. game to SD 17-13 (Pitt had 13-3 lead in 3rd qtr. and let Stan Humphries beat 'em). Beat down Cleve. 29-9 in div game; never trailed. He was the Stomper instead of the Stompee.
1995 - Lost SB to Dallas in SB 27-17. In winning the AFC championship game the Steelers were never more than 3 pts behind. In the divisional game they crushed the Bills 40-21.
1996 - Crushed the Colts 42-14. Got crushed by the Tuna's Pats 28-3.
1997 - Won a defensive struggle (at Pitts.) over Pats 7-6 in division game. After leading 14-7, lost to Elway's Broncs' in AFC championship game 24-21.
1998-2000 - No playoffs.
2001 - Beat down Bal. in divisional game 27-10. Lost to NE in AFC champ. game 24-17. NE got up 21-3 at one pt, then coasted to the 24-17 win. Brady's 1st ring.
2002 - Lost a heartbreaker, in OT, to the Titans 34-31. They did come back from being 14 pts down in the 1st half to go up 20-14 and again in the 2nd half to go up 31-28. Couldn't keep Steve McNair down.
2003 - 6-10; Missed playoffs
2004 - After leading 10-0, came back from being down 17-10 to the Jets. Won div. game 20-17 (at home). In AFC champ. game, got beat down by Brady's Pats 41-27.
2005 - Won W/C game against Bengals 31-17 (they were down 10-zip in 1st qtr but had closed to 14-17 at the half). In div. game got up 21-3 on Manning's Colts and held on to win 21-18. Got shut out in 4th qtr. Beat Denver in AFC champ. game 34-17. Led by as much as 24-3 and never trailed. Won SB 21-10. Never trailed.

Successful Cowher football seems to be get the lead, play defense, run the ball to eat up the clock.
sound familiar? And I'm totally okay with having a team built to do that. That would be a dream come true.
But that won't be what he'll inherit if he comes here.

ObsiWan
12-29-2009, 03:36 PM
Pretty much. Lol!

I tried to stay out of this thread, but it just kept going and going like the 6 other threads we've had where we've debated this same topic over and over just slicing our points up in different ways. You keep reading and reading and then you can't help but to post something. :good:

Like many others have stated though, I think Kubes will be back another season though.

I joined this illustrious board in 7/07 after HWWNBN was history. So I'm sure I missed some doozies.
...sure would have liked to be in the middle of some those, heh, heh, heh
:evil:

TheCD
12-29-2009, 03:57 PM
You bring up some good points. I guess like mussop I lean towards the maybe not part.

In the end my feeling is that barring a blow out win by the Pats, unfortunately we'll see Gary Kubiak next year, and miss out on some top tier coaching talent this off-season.

We'll all discuss "the most exciting 8-8 season ever" and some will be pleased while others won't be, at all.

I'm still undecided on Kubiak myself, but can live with either decision. After the Titans loss I was crushed...and the second Colts game sent me over the edge, I wanted him gone then and there and made it known. But as I step back I do see progress, and I try to understand that these things take time.

What I do know is that a coach should definitely be intensely critically evaluated after 5 years, if there that long. After that period of time, there is no excuse whatsoever for a lack of talent, for bad luck, etc. etc. I've really always been of the mindset that when you hire a coach, you've made a 5 year commitment (barring something like a Cam Cameron/Dolphins incident), so you give it that length of time and let the chips fall as they may. Kubiak has made some stupid decisions, but he's made some great ones, too (and please don't ask me to list great decisions, I will not humor that request).

Assuming he's back next year, Kubiak knows next year is it. If he can't acquire the talent and have his guys ready to play next year (regardless of who we're playing) then good riddance.

I will have this to say, however...if he is here next year and we don't beat the Colts, I would be all for firing him then. As I've said when it happened...you should NEVER lose a 17 point lead at home...ever. I don't care if it's the all-time greats travelling through time to defeat the scrubs of the NFL...it shouldn't happen. Period.

Goatcheese
12-29-2009, 03:58 PM
last year against Miami we were down 14-3 to name one that sticks in my mind.
the year before we were down 14-zip at Carolina and came back to win that game 34-21

2009 week 2 Titans
Houston trailed 7 to 21 in the second quarter. They won 34-31

2008 week 6 Dolphins
Houston trailed 3 to 14 in the second quarter. They won 29-28

2008 Week 17 Bears
Houston trailed 10 to 0 in the first quarter. They won 31-24

2007 Week 2 Panthers
Houston trailed 14 to 0 in the first quarter. They won 34-21

spurstexanstros
12-29-2009, 06:30 PM
I joined this illustrious board in 7/07 after HWWNBN was history. So I'm sure I missed some doozies.
...sure would have liked to be in the middle of some those, heh, heh, heh
:evil:

<---caused alot of those because I was David Carr's biggest supporter ( Ha I said his name)

This argument is nothing compared to the bombs that were flying then

At least this is better than the "Start Sage threads" seen ad nauseum in seasons past.....I wonder if they have those in Minn?

thunderkyss
12-31-2009, 01:19 PM
Have we talked about this interview with Demeco (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=5978)?

I like this quote... exactly the way I feel.
(on if this is a sign that the Texans are on the rise) "Oh, yeah. It's definitely a great sign, and I know that here now, we have the guys in place now. We're good now. We're just a few plays away from having a totally different season. We have the guys in place, and I'm excited about the guys we have and I'm very confident that we can get it done with the guys that we have right now."

kiwitexansfan
01-01-2010, 08:00 AM
I haven'y weighed in at all on the Kubiak debate as I have other things to worry about, in saying that I really value stability in an organisation.

I hope we keep him.

mussop
01-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Have we talked about this interview with Demeco (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=5978)?

Interesting that he doesnt mention Kubiak. I dont think there is any anti Kubiak posters that dont believe exactly what he said in that comment. The only people that I have seen mention otherwise is a small faction of the pro Kubiak group that use poor personell as the basis of their debate as to why Kubiak cant improve his winning percentage.

b0ng
01-01-2010, 12:45 PM
I know I know. You look at my soap and you say to yourself, "WTF? Make up your mind." Well, I do feel this way for the most part but hear me out.

I really don't wanna go 6-10 or worse next year. Next years schedule is going to be brutal enough with the team that we have without having to throw in a new coach and a new system and everything else that goes with change. Not only are we going to have to play our divisional schedule, but also the NFC East. And to top that if we do finish second in our division we get the 2nd place schedule.

We have improved every year under Kubiak. We are a running back and a center away from being able to compete within our division. This is the best Defense we have ever had.

I am going to agree with Bum Phillips, we are on the verge of something special and I want to see one more year.

I hate myself.

I know I'm like four days late on this but:

Well there's no emoticon for eyes falling out of my skull and passing out but that's what happened when I read this post. It's like a complete 180 and you hate yourself for it. Great first post, and I don't even want to read the rest of the thread because I think it'll only spoil what I consider a perfect opening.

DexmanC
01-01-2010, 06:05 PM
I know I know. You look at my soap and you say to yourself, "WTF? Make up your mind." Well, I do feel this way for the most part but hear me out.

I really don't wanna go 6-10 or worse next year. Next years schedule is going to be brutal enough with the team that we have without having to throw in a new coach and a new system and everything else that goes with change. Not only are we going to have to play our divisional schedule, but also the NFC East. And to top that if we do finish second in our division we get the 2nd place schedule.

We have improved every year under Kubiak. We are a running back and a center away from being able to compete within our division. This is the best Defense we have ever had.

I am going to agree with Bum Phillips, we are on the verge of something special and I want to see one more year.

I hate myself.

Really?? Let's look at this closer:

We all agree we need a Franchise Back, right?

Since 2006, the Year of Kubiak, here are the STUD RB's he's brought in:
Ron Dayne
Wali Lundy
Chris Taylor
Ahman Green
Edimchinobe Echimandu
Darius Walker
Samkon Gado
Chris Brown
Arian Foster
Steve Slaton
Ryan Moats

So, in four years, we've had 11 backs, ONE hit.
You really have faith in Kubes to solve the RB problem?

The Center Problem (2006-2009):
Mike Flanaghan
Steve Mckinney
Chris White
Chris Myers

Now, Mckinney was strong as an ox, but after he went down against the
Colts in '07, we've done nothing to replace him. Oh, yeah. Kubiak chose to
bring in Chris Myers. Who's at fault here? If you don't
SEE the problem, you can't FIX the problem. I'd go into the Safety issue,
but so many more eloquent posters have already discussed that one at
length. They thought Barber and Busing were GOOD ENOUGH TO START
THE YEAR WITH!!! Since that's the case, you can't excuse Kubiak/Smith
from the 1st month of the season!

Bottom line. They lose to the Pats, there should be NO STRAWS for the
Pro-Kubiak camp to grasp at. They'd BETTER win Sunday, or Bob better
have his good boots ready to put into Kubiak's ass on the way out of
1 Reliant Park!!

The Pencil Neck
01-01-2010, 07:17 PM
1 Reliant Park!!

Or what?

Kubiak is back next year no matter what happens.

DexmanC
01-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Or what?

Kubiak is back next year no matter what happens.

You'd best believe his rope is gonna be SHORT. Opening day most likely
will be against the Eagles or Chargers. I'll be looking forward to the
fans at Reliant give him the heat he surely needs. He''ll either become
a better coach, or crack.

2010's gonna be a hell of a season, ESPECIALLY if Kubiak is back.
We all know that. We just don't know what direction it's going to
unfold in.

TEXANRED
01-01-2010, 07:50 PM
Really?? Let's look at this closer:

We all agree we need a Franchise Back, right?

Since 2006, the Year of Kubiak, here are the STUD RB's he's brought in:
Ron Dayne
Wali Lundy
Chris Taylor
Ahman Green
Edimchinobe Echimandu
Darius Walker
Samkon Gado
Chris Brown
Arian Foster
Steve Slaton
Ryan Moats

So, in four years, we've had 11 backs, ONE hit.
You really have faith in Kubes to solve the RB problem?

The Center Problem (2006-2009):
Mike Flanaghan
Steve Mckinney
Chris White
Chris Myers

Now, Mckinney was strong as an ox, but after he went down against the
Colts in '07, we've done nothing to replace him. Oh, yeah. Kubiak chose to
bring in Chris Myers. Who's at fault here? If you don't
SEE the problem, you can't FIX the problem. I'd go into the Safety issue,
but so many more eloquent posters have already discussed that one at
length. They thought Barber and Busing were GOOD ENOUGH TO START
THE YEAR WITH!!! Since that's the case, you can't excuse Kubiak/Smith
from the 1st month of the season!

1 Reliant Park!!

Yes but in four years he has shored up the linebacking core, our DE's, Left and Right Tackles, full back, SS, TE, and a back field with guys like GQ, and BM (he really needs a better nickname), WR depth, our kick returners, and oh the QB spot.

I would like to see us go into this draft taking OL and DL high in the draft to fix the trenches before attempting to draft a high round running back. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if we enter camp next year with Foster, Slaton, Moats, and a couple of FA running running backs.

Who knows what is happening in camp. Maybe Caldwell is the future at our Center position but they want him to sit behind Meyers for a year to learn the call and watch how to run the lines. If Pitts comes back we need only draft OG. I would go FA to find a couple of DT's and draft CB and FS.

We are on the verge of so many good things and I think this is a must win this weekend, not only for the playoffs but also for team attitude going into next season.

euro-Texan
01-01-2010, 10:00 PM

This is the confident feeling we need in our locker room to change our mindset.

JB
01-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Yes but in four years he has shored up the linebacking core, our DE's, Left and Right Tackles, full back, SS, TE, and a back field with guys like GQ, and BM (he really needs a better nickname), WR depth, our kick returners, and oh the QB spot.

I would like to see us go into this draft taking OL and DL high in the draft to fix the trenches before attempting to draft a high round running back. I wouldn't be surprised in the least if we enter camp next year with Foster, Slaton, Moats, and a couple of FA running running backs.

Who knows what is happening in camp. Maybe Caldwell is the future at our Center position but they want him to sit behind Meyers for a year to learn the call and watch how to run the lines. If Pitts comes back we need only draft OG. I would go FA to find a couple of DT's and draft CB and FS.

We are on the verge of so many good things and I think this is a must win this weekend, not only for the playoffs but also for team attitude going into next season.

small fast guy...

how about ...

I give up ( too drunk)