PDA

View Full Version : Fisher uses McNair as source of motivation

Wolf
12-25-2009, 12:02 PM
If I had told you on Halloween that the Tennessee Titans would be playing a meaningful game on Christmas, you’d have wondered if it were some kind of April Fools’ joke.

Yet here they are – the team that brought you an 0-6 start, topped off by a humiliating 59-0 defeat to the New England Patriots – getting ready to host the San Diego Chargers on Friday night in a game crucial to Tennessee’s playoff hopes.

It begins on Thursday, Oct. 22, when the Titans conducted their final practice before dispersing for their bye weekend. Four days after their debacle in snowy Foxborough, Mass., the players’ attention to detail was predictably poor.

“Practice was horrible that day,” Titans coach Jeff Fisher recalled earlier this week. “I cut it short and called a team meeting – told them to be in the auditorium in 45 minutes. They didn’t know if they were going to get lectured or get their butts chewed out or just told to stay out of trouble during the bye week or what.”

Two days earlier Fisher had caused a stir by showing up at a Nashville-area charity event and donning a Peyton Manning(notes) jersey when introducing Colts coach Tony Dungy, joking, “I just wanted to feel like a winner.”

On this day, he went with a far more serious approach.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-thegameface122409&prov=yhoo&type=lgns