View Full Version : Chargers @ Titans

BY1401
12-24-2009, 09:21 PM
I got my tickets.

Hope to see a good game. :specnatz:

Silver Oak
12-24-2009, 10:21 PM
be watching on tv.

hope to see the titans receive an ass whooping.

BY1401
12-24-2009, 10:41 PM
be watching on tv.

hope to see the titans receive an ass whooping.

I'm open to see either team lose.

Or maybe a tie.

m5kwatts
12-25-2009, 12:33 AM
My X-Mas schedule:

Wake up + :drunk: + eat + sleep + watch this game :bravo:

Consider me a 24 hour Charger fan

F the Titans

BSofA04
12-25-2009, 11:01 AM
I agree, F the tacks! Go Chargers!!! Yes...even you Travis Johnson.

imatexan
12-25-2009, 11:15 AM
Go Chargers!!!
:splits:

brakos82
12-25-2009, 12:13 PM
http://the-sportszone.net/mysmiliesvb/mysmilie_70.gif

Khari
12-25-2009, 12:15 PM
go chargers......destroy me some titans :evil:

Dr2bKay
12-25-2009, 03:17 PM
I'm open to see either team lose.

Or maybe a tie.

Hey, I will be at the game too. I am sitting in 113. I won't have Texans gear on...but I will have my ear muffs on that are Texans.

Dr2bKay
12-25-2009, 03:19 PM
Go Chargers!!! Yes...even you Travis Johnson.

Thanks! I will tell him. lol

Lucky
12-25-2009, 05:00 PM
http://the-sportszone.net/mysmiliesvb/mysmilie_70.gif
Well said.

The Chargers can keep the Texans playoff aspirations on life support with a win.

euro-Texan
12-25-2009, 06:46 PM
They need to start by stopping Johnson, which they are not doing well right now.

euro-Texan
12-25-2009, 07:13 PM
Anyone watching this one????

Lucky
12-25-2009, 07:17 PM
Vince Young's 1st Xmas gift of the night.

euro-Texan
12-25-2009, 07:17 PM
VY just threw a beauitiful spiral to a Charger DB. Wow, he's a winner!

Wolf
12-25-2009, 07:36 PM
merry vincemas again

fumble.. chargers ball at about their own 47ish
(was a good swipe by the charger)

14-3 chargers right now

euro-Texan
12-25-2009, 07:36 PM
VY is playing right down to my expecations. You go winner!

Silver Oak
12-25-2009, 07:40 PM
Fisher's a tool, but betcha he wants to get away from this team of idiots.

euro-Texan
12-25-2009, 07:40 PM
boy he sure is looking "tangible" all of a sudden

euro-Texan
12-25-2009, 07:43 PM
Fisher's a tool, but betcha he wants to get away from this team of idiots.

Sure, but please don't suggest that he comes here.

euro-Texan
12-25-2009, 07:45 PM
Oh ****** someone better take Vince's Gun and turn on his ringer during half time

Wolf
12-25-2009, 07:45 PM
21-3 SD now

BullPenPhotos
12-25-2009, 07:48 PM
I just want to know why the Titan's mascot is a Racoon...

I mean why would you want to have your mascot be your favorite x-mas dinner?
:hunter: :roast: :chef: :drool:

euro-Texan
12-25-2009, 07:49 PM
They won't eat a racoon unless a car runs it over

euro-Texan
12-25-2009, 07:52 PM
Anyone think Bud might draft Colt?

euro-Texan
12-25-2009, 07:59 PM
21-10 Chargers

euro-Texan
12-25-2009, 08:01 PM
half time

euro-Texan
12-25-2009, 08:03 PM
I wonder if they will mention the Texan's chances at a wild card birth during the half time show.... I doubt it.

alphajoker
12-25-2009, 08:09 PM
I hate the Titans.

That's it...thank you for your time.

euro-Texan
12-25-2009, 08:09 PM
i hate the titans.

That's it...thank you for your time.

me too!!!!!

YoungTexanFan
12-25-2009, 08:33 PM
I've got Comcast and I'm in Houston for a little while, but I can't find coverage of the game. I've got the Clippers/Suns on ESPN, Friday Night Smackdown on some other channel, and some 3rd place college basketball game in Hawaii in ESPN2. Does anyone know what channel this game is on? I love seeing the Titans lose.

indiantexan
12-25-2009, 08:35 PM
I've got Comcast and I'm in Houston for a little while, but I can't find coverage of the game. I've got the Clippers/Suns on ESPN, Friday Night Smackdown on some other channel, and some 3rd place college basketball game in Hawaii in ESPN2. Does anyone know what channel this game is on? I love seeing the Titans lose.

Its on NFL Network. If you have it...it should be on channel 300.

or , you can watch it on justin.tv

ChrisG
12-25-2009, 08:39 PM
ik if its just the online feed by these camera angles on the reviews and replays suck. Its like they gave a kid in the nosebleeds a crappy camera to film the game

stingray
12-25-2009, 08:44 PM
Man, Chargers look really good. I wouldn't wanna play them in the playoffs if I was the Colts

YoungTexanFan
12-25-2009, 08:46 PM

That's dumb. "Let's schedule only one game on a holiday where families gather, but let's not put it on a channel where we can make the most money." Brilliant. I do appreciate the help though.

Mr teX
12-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Turn out the lights, the party's over....

Hervoyel
12-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Radio got his 89 yards passing so far. He's really tearing it up out there.

imatexan
12-25-2009, 08:48 PM
I love it.

Titans playoff hopes crushed.

And VY is a major part of it with his turnovers.

Another one bites the dust.

stingray
12-25-2009, 08:48 PM
That's dumb. I do appreciate the help though.

Hey YTF, I wanna congratulate you for calling out Cutler as overated from the begining. I thought you were crazy but Cutler has turned out to be a bust so far. It's still early but you stuck to you opinion.

Maddict5
12-25-2009, 08:49 PM
..and another WC rival bites the dust

rivers and that offence are so good. they'll do damage in the playoffs if they play like tonight

euro-Texan
12-25-2009, 08:49 PM
Turn out the lights, the party's over....

over? Just wait till VY goes all "intangible" on that ******. He will never lose.

texanhead08
12-25-2009, 08:50 PM
Radio got his 89 yards passing so far. He's really tearing it up out there.

I thought he was a winner though.:fingergun:

stingray
12-25-2009, 08:50 PM
over? Just wait till VY goes all "intangible" on that ******. He will never lose.

he just threw another pick.

YoungTexanFan
12-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Hey YTF, I wanna congratulate you for calling out Cutler as overated from the begining. I thought you were crazy but Cutler has turned out to be a bust so far. It's still early but you stuck to you opinion.

Yeah, I'm stubborn as hell. I just get gut feelings about players. I've been wrong just like everyone else, but I'd like to think I'm right more than I'm wrong. I'm also sticking to my guns on Duane Brown if you've been keeping track.

euro-Texan
12-25-2009, 08:53 PM
VY can't loose. seriously, the talking heads said so.

Hervoyel
12-25-2009, 08:53 PM
he just threw another pick.

You just think he did that by mistake. In reality it's all part of his master plan to hit them with "it" in the 4th quarter. He's lulling them into a false sense of security so they don't see his "intangible" coming.

stingray
12-25-2009, 08:55 PM
Yeah, I'm stubborn as hell. I just get gut feelings about players. I've been wrong just like everyone else, but I'd like to think I'm right more than I'm wrong. I'm also sticking to my guns on Duane Brown if you've been keeping track.

Well, I hope your wrong about Duane. :voodoo::dance3:

stingray
12-25-2009, 08:56 PM
You just think he did that by mistake. In reality it's all part of his master plan to hit them with "it" in the 4th quarter. He's lulling them into a false sense of security so they don't see his "intangible" coming.

Of course...

Silver Oak
12-25-2009, 08:59 PM
Darren Sproles looks really good out there!

Hervoyel
12-25-2009, 08:59 PM
42-10 now. I wonder if the Chargers are trying to send the Patriots a message with this one. Kind of like "We can score 59 on these clowns too!"

euro-Texan
12-25-2009, 09:19 PM
The Titans Suck!

edo783
12-25-2009, 09:28 PM
Pretty much punked the Titanics. If I'm not mistaken, that mathematically eliminates them from the play offs.

Khari
12-25-2009, 09:31 PM
ha ha ha Titans lose .... merry xmas to me.....

drewmar74
12-25-2009, 09:36 PM

Yes. A nice gift to close out a nice Christmas.

Brando
12-25-2009, 09:40 PM

It was also on nfl.com.

hahaha Vince Young just wins!:kitten:

axman40
12-25-2009, 09:51 PM
Titans you are not.....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt2i0ts-uck
........going to the playoffs!
:bender:

TheRealJoker
12-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargerrrrrrrrrrrrrss!!!

gwallaia
12-25-2009, 10:00 PM
Merry Christmas Bud!

SheTexan
12-25-2009, 10:06 PM

DITTO!! A fantastic end to an almost perfect day!! THANK YOU CHARGERS!!

Texan4Ever
12-25-2009, 10:17 PM
The Tennesse Titanics suck on defense and there defensive line looks weaker then a wet paper towel, but hey, its good for us! :choke:

YoungTexanFan
12-25-2009, 10:28 PM
Good stuff. Great start to my fantasy matchup by Mr. Rivers.

Also, Titans can suck it.

Dr2bKay
12-25-2009, 11:24 PM
Hey guys, the game was cool...freezing cold though. I had awesome seats behind the Chargers bench thanks to our former player. It was fun watching Titans fans cry. They were leaving by halftime...It was a great way to end my Christmas.

stingray
12-25-2009, 11:44 PM
Hey guys, the game was cool...freezing cold though. I had awesome seats behind the Chargers bench thanks to our former player. It was fun watching Titans fans cry. They were leaving by halftime...It was a great way to end my Christmas.

Cool. You are really living the life these days!

mexican_texan
12-25-2009, 11:54 PM
What a great Christmas present. Hopefully the Texans and Eagles follow suit.

Dr2bKay
12-26-2009, 10:25 AM
Cool. You are really living the life these days!

Got to before the husband and kids come...

Honoring Earl 34
12-26-2009, 10:27 AM
Got to before the husband and kids come...

If you marry Joe Texan , the show will go on .

On a football note .

Vince is a good QB when the defense is keeping the game close and VY can move the chains with his legs . He also throws a nice deep ball and can make some plays that way . It seemed though , when they needed to air it out to get back in the game , they seemed more interested in giving Chris Johnson a chance to break the rushing record . What's that tell you about them having to play catch up .

Silver Oak
12-26-2009, 10:53 AM
yeah...that 11 passer rating really tells that vy is a "good qb". Earl, he was the definition of a sucky qb last night. he had his brief shining bursts of glory, but the second int was just a very bad pass that he should have never thrown.

IMO...last nights epic crapfest doesn't make their decision on vy this offseason any easier.

TheRealJoker
12-26-2009, 11:09 AM
yeah...that 11 passer rating really tells that vy is a "good qb". Earl, he was the definition of a sucky qb last night. he had his brief shining bursts of glory, but the second int was just a very bad pass that he should have never thrown.

IMO...last nights epic crapfest doesn't make their decision on vy this offseason any easier.

VY works for their system. Unfortunately for Tacks fans, if they get behind early and have to air it out to get back in the game he's not the QB to get the job done. He works best when they can run the option and control the clock. That gameplan doesn't work against the elite teams like SD and IND because they can run up the score in the blink of an eye.

If their defense gets back up to par next season they'll be capable of playing Fisherball once again with the best teams. Lets hope the Texans improve as well so we can get that chip off our shoulder and beat a Titans team with VY starting next season.

Honoring Earl 34
12-26-2009, 11:11 AM

He is done when they go to dime or whatever they call it when they put in the max pass coverage and he has to thread a needle . That's what separates the men from the boys as QBs and I think Rivers can do it .

Honoring Earl 34
12-26-2009, 11:18 AM
VY works for their system. Unfortunately for Tacks fans, if they get behind early and have to air it out to get back in the game he's not the QB to get the job done. He works best when they can run the option and control the clock. That gameplan doesn't work against the elite teams like SD and IND because they can run up the score in the blink of an eye.

If their defense gets back up to par next season they'll be capable of playing Fisherball once again with the best teams. Lets hope the Texans improve as well so we can get that chip off our shoulder and beat a Titans team with VY starting next season.

San Diego put up an effortless 425 yds and 42 points on the Titans . The Titans are like a wishbone team in relation to trying to come back . They don't want to abandon the run , so they run out the clock on themselves .

Second Honeymoon
12-26-2009, 11:35 AM
yeah Vince sucks. 7-2 record this year sucks. what a scrub for losing to the Colts and Chargers.

Vince sucks and is gay.

signed,
immature texans fan

infantrycak
12-26-2009, 11:46 AM
yeah Vince sucks. 7-2 record this year sucks. what a scrub for losing to the Colts and Chargers.

Vince sucks and is gay.

signed,
immature texans fan

Yeah Kubiak sucks for losing twice to the 14-0 Colts too.

Oh and complete 38% throw 2 picks and fumble the ball on a slide because you are carrying it like a loaf of bread - yeah that is sucking.

Honoring Earl 34
12-26-2009, 11:54 AM

Vince sucks and is gay.

signed,
immature texans fan

Oh come on , he was the second coming to you guys and now is normal again . He is getting revealed for what he is , a great runner and an ok passer at best . He wins games when it's close and he can run . If it's a blowout and he's got to pass to lead the team back ... sorry . VY , would be hurting on the Texans with no running game except him , he would have to put up 300 yds a game . I guess it could work ... see David Woodley and Steve Grogan .

I wish the VY group would become Titan fans because y'all are just as bad as the Carr groupies . It's like the caller on the radio who said VY would have been perfect for the Texans cause the Longhorns ran the same offense as the Texans .

Brando
12-26-2009, 12:17 PM

Vince sucks and is gay.

signed,
immature texans fan

That's the point, he won all the 7 games all by himself? Give me a break. It's a team game. Vince has benefited from having Chris Johnson behind him. Chris Johnson is a heckuva RB. Last year Kerry Collins went 13-3. Vince came in when they were 0-6 this year. They had nothing else to lose. Let's see how he does being the starter from the get go next year. Go ahead and jump on the Titans bandwagon and message board. You really do send mixed signals as a fan.

Vince is not gay.....

GuerillaBlack
12-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Vince is not gay.....

I beg to differ...

http://soupytrumpet.com/uploads/2008/05/vince_young_topless.jpg

Not a single female in the picture...

Honoring Earl 34
12-26-2009, 12:40 PM
I beg to differ...

You know , if his center is OK with it , why should I care .

Second Honeymoon
12-26-2009, 01:01 PM
Yeah Kubiak sucks for losing twice to the 14-0 Colts too.

Oh and complete 38% throw 2 picks and fumble the ball on a slide because you are carrying it like a loaf of bread - yeah that is sucking.

dude played a bad game and pretty much lost the game for the Titans but results are results. just like the texans, Vince has to prove that he can beat Peyton and other elite teams like the Chargers but at the end of the day he was the big change to take a team from 0-6 record to a 7-2 record. Yeah, Chris Johnson has been the dominant force in getting them there, no doubt, but some of the takes by the VY anti-fanboys are just wack. They act like he hasn't made a difference and that he hasn't helped the Titans win 7 out of 9 after going 0-6 to open season. In fact, by the tone of some of the posts you would think the Titans are winning in spite of Young.

I don't know, I get the rivalry and everything, but people are acting like Vince is hte reason the TItans failed. Trust me, I am happy the Titans failed, most importantly importantly because they are our rival and are owned by Bud. Screw the Titans but don't discount the guy behind center. How many times does he have to rip our hearts out before we at least give the guy some due? Just sayin.

If you are a Texans fan, and were offended by my post, I apologize because yall are my fellow fans and we all are in the same boat. And its Christmas season and may the Texans have a better 2010.

Silver Oak
12-26-2009, 01:40 PM
dude played a bad game and pretty much lost the game for the Titans but results are results. just like the texans, Vince has to prove that he can beat Peyton and other elite teams like the Chargers but at the end of the day he was the big change to take a team from 0-6 record to a 7-2 record. Yeah, Chris Johnson has been the dominant force in getting them there, no doubt, but some of the takes by the VY anti-fanboys are just wack. They act like he hasn't made a difference and that he hasn't helped the Titans win 7 out of 9 after going 0-6 to open season. In fact, by the tone of some of the posts you would think the Titans are winning in spite of Young.

I don't know, I get the rivalry and everything, but people are acting like Vince is hte reason the TItans failed. Trust me, I am happy the Titans failed, most importantly importantly because they are our rival and are owned by Bud. Screw the Titans but don't discount the guy behind center. How many times does he have to rip our hearts out before we at least give the guy some due? Just sayin.

If you are a Texans fan, and were offended by my post, I apologize because yall are my fellow fans and we all are in the same boat. And its Christmas season and may the Texans have a better 2010.

during their win streak, I believe all they asked vy to do was not LOSE the game. his stats back that up as it was a very conservative offense centered around Johnson running behind a very good offensive line.

dude, I get your Longhorn love for vy...I really do, but he definitely has multiple limitations at QB.

Thanks for your Christmas wishes, and same to you in return.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/3/happyholidaysfromojlm9.jpg (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=3264)

SheTexan
12-26-2009, 02:08 PM
they seemed more interested in giving Chris Johnson a chance to break the rushing record . What's that tell you about them having to play catch up .

Chris Johnson 2010 = Steve Slaton 2009. BET YA!! Highly overrated, both of them. JMO!!

Honoring Earl 34
12-26-2009, 02:21 PM
during their win streak, I believe all they asked vy to do was not LOSE the game. his stats back that up as it was a very conservative offense centered around Johnson running behind a very good offensive line.

dude, I get your Longhorn love for vy...I really do, but he definitely has multiple limitations at QB.

Thanks for your Christmas wishes, and same to you in return.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/3/happyholidaysfromojlm9.jpg (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=3264)

http://www.yourspaceprofile.com/Images/Funny_Christmas_Comments/images/3_Funny_Christmas_Graphics.gif

Brando
12-26-2009, 02:44 PM
I beg to differ...

hahaha I didn't say he didn't suck though. :chef:

That picture is freaking hilarious.

toronto
12-27-2009, 10:02 AM
Chris Johnson 2010 = Steve Slaton 2009. BET YA!! Highly overrated, both of them. JMO!!

You are likely the most delusional fan alive if you actually are serious about this statement.

SheTexan
12-27-2009, 10:48 AM
You are likely the most delusional fan alive if you actually are serious about this statement.

Not delusional at all, a realist!! One good year does not define a GREAT RB!! True, only time will tell, but, I would put money on it that CJ is a one year wonder, just like SS.

Blazing Arrow
12-27-2009, 10:52 AM
Not delusional at all, a realist!! One good year does not define a GREAT RB!! True, only time will tell, but, I would put money on it that CJ is a one year wonder, just like SS.

No delusional is correct. I guess last season and him getting almost 1500 all purpose yards didn't count? :fingergun:

stingray
12-27-2009, 11:03 AM

I'm sorry Grandma but I can't side with you on this one. CJ has had a great career so far. Two years already. This year was special and he was pretty good last year. I have been watching football for 30 years and this guy is as special as they come. The only way he fizzles is because of an injury. I hate the Titans but you have to give credit where credit is due.

stingray
12-27-2009, 11:09 AM
And actually, one of the first great running backs I watched was Eric Dickerson, and CJ reminds me alot of him. Great speed and great moves. The only difference is that Eric was bigger and cj is a tad bit faster but very similiar moves.

Blazing Arrow
12-27-2009, 11:14 AM
Plus he gets to play the Texans D 2x a year. He's only averaging 217.5 yards a game this season against you. :spit:

infantrycak
12-27-2009, 11:18 AM
Plus he gets to play the Texans D 2x a year. He's only averaging 217.5 yards a game this season against you. :spit:

Cute, but you have to actually break 200 at least once to average over 200 which he hasn't. Excellent RB although the Eric Dickerson comments are off.

WWJD
12-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Johnson is scary good.

Blazing Arrow
12-27-2009, 11:24 AM
Cute, but you have to actually break 200 at least once to average over 200 which he hasn't. Excellent RB although the Eric Dickerson comments are off.

I guess recieving yards don't count? Seem to when his shoes got sent to the HOF.

348 rushing 87 rec and 3 TDs.

stingray
12-27-2009, 11:27 AM

How are they off? They were just talking about that on Sirius NFL radio. Pat Kirwin even commented about how similar they were. just because Eric ran upright din't mean he wasn't fast or didn't have moves. I was a Rams fan for over 20 years before becoming a Texans fans so I saw Eric run alot.

And do you forget that Eric was a track star just like CJ in high School?

Entering Sealy High School, Dickerson starred on the football and track teams, winning the state 100-yard dash championship with a lightening-quick time of 9.4 seconds. The sport

he really stood out in, however, was football.

Read more: Eric Dickerson - Raised In The Lone Star State http://sports.jrank.org/pages/1167/Dickerson-Eric-Raised-in-Lone-Star-State.html#ixzz0auZGyIPN

infantrycak
12-27-2009, 11:37 AM
I guess recieving yards don't count? Seem to when his shoes got sent to the HOF.

348 rushing 87 rec and 3 TDs.

I thought you were talking rushing. In any event, I obviously wasn't knocking CJ as I said he was excellent.

How are they off? They were just talking about that on Sirius NFL radio. Pat Kirwin even commented about how similar they were. just because Eric ran upright din't mean he wasn't fast or didn't have moves. I was a Rams fan for over 20 years before becoming a Texans fans so I saw Eric run alot.

And do you forget that Eric was a track star just like CJ in high School?

I just don't think they run anything alike. The running upright thing alone distinguishes them more than a common track background brings them together. Tony Dorsett was a fantastic open field runner as well and none of the three would be mistaken for each other. Their stride and running style is just different.

billybob
12-27-2009, 09:40 PM
gawd...i was at the game and we got destroyed. Not a fun one.

Cj was fun to watch as always, and that Phillip Rivers guy is feeling it. I was hoping the cold weather would get to him, but it obviously didn't at all.

I can't really comment if the Chargers are totally legit, as they pretty much just picked on our weak secondary.