PDA

View Full Version : Texans Re-Sign Salaam

texanfan2002114
12-22-2009, 03:36 PM
HOUSTON - The Houston Texans have re-signed veteran left tackle Ephraim Salaam and released safety Brian Russell.

The Texans added Salaam to the roster as insurance for the offenseive line with left tackle Duane Brown missing the second half of the Texans 16-13 win over the Rams on Sunday because of a sore knee.

Salaam last played for Houston in 2008.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/nfl/091222-ephraim-salaam-texans

Mr teX
12-22-2009, 03:41 PM
The return of Turnstile!!!!!!

Schaub's reaction:........................... :eek:

brakos82
12-22-2009, 03:43 PM
Salami > :ahhaha: < Pitts

Khari
12-22-2009, 03:46 PM
salami pitts? eww

gary
12-22-2009, 03:57 PM
I like him and I've always wanted him to retire as a Texan he's just fun to be around and a player who just does his job.

El Tejano
12-22-2009, 04:00 PM
For the time, I think this was a good safe signing. Anyone know if he can play guard at all?

SheTexan
12-22-2009, 04:00 PM
Gotta have someone. Our OL is disappearing fast. Good thing it's ALMOST the end of the season. SURELY he can protect or QB for two games!

gary
12-22-2009, 04:04 PM
This signing does not hurt..

Hervoyel
12-22-2009, 04:30 PM
Salaam is a good guy and for two games to get us to the end of the year I'm good with it. He's not "the answer" to anything other than that but then nobody really expected him to be.

Welcome back Ephraim. How many ex-Texans could any of us really say that about with a straight face?

Ckw
12-22-2009, 04:45 PM
Salaam and Wafer returning?!? Blast from the past!

ATXtexanfan
12-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Makes sense

Texan_Bill
12-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Salaam and Wafer returning?!? Blast from the past!

Von Wafer is a bit more surprising though. He had to buy out his own European contract.

Texan4Ever
12-22-2009, 05:44 PM
Poor Brian Russell, didn't even get a chance. :(

m5kwatts
12-22-2009, 05:52 PM
Von Wafer is a bit more surprising though. He had to buy out his own European contract.

Von Wafer is coming back to the Rockets? I heard Memphis. With Budinger out for a few weeks Wafer would make sense.

Big Lou
12-22-2009, 06:46 PM
Salami > :ahhaha: < Pitts

Is that your version of that Superbowl add or the Ellen Show.

Damn Brakos is funny!!!!!!

Vinny
12-22-2009, 06:50 PM
Poor Brian Russell, didn't even get a chance. :(slow and old isn't such a great combo in this league.

eriadoc
12-22-2009, 11:59 PM
So what happened to Salaam in Detroit? I thought he had a contract there.

Anyway, I've never had too much bad to say about Salaam. He's not a bad player for what he is. He's a decent depth guy, and he did a good enough job while he was here, if only he held that role. When he was subbing in with Duane Brown last year, I thought he was serviceable.

barrett
12-23-2009, 12:19 AM
Seriously, if Dale Muphy comments about this I need every single one of you to admit that it's just a big practical joke on him and that there is no way Salaam's back on the team. Trust me, for Ephriam's sake, it's the right thing to do.

NitroGSXR
12-23-2009, 12:46 AM
slow and old isn't such a great combo in this league.

Slow and old can also get you on an NFL roster. Welcome back, Salaam. I'm indifferent to this move. I guess we really needed the body.

Andrew6
12-23-2009, 07:03 AM
I'm cool with this, Good guy and did fairly decent as a LT

TimeKiller
12-23-2009, 07:13 AM
Blah.

Thorn
12-23-2009, 07:14 AM
Good help is hard to find this time of the season. As far as I'm concerned, this is a good signing for what it is, which is simply getting some experienced help of any kind to plug some holes.

edo783
12-23-2009, 08:08 AM
Good help is hard to find this time of the season. As far as I'm concerned, this is a good signing for what it is, which is simply getting some experienced help of any kind to plug some holes.

What he said.

ObsiWan
12-23-2009, 08:39 AM
Gotta have someone. Our OL is disappearing fast. Good thing it's ALMOST the end of the season. SURELY he can protect or QB for two games!

I'm with you. We need reinforcements. He knows our system. And what do you expect to get this late in the year?
It's the Christmas sales season; all the good stuff has been picked over.
:)

beerlover
12-23-2009, 12:43 PM
signing Salaam is a reflection of Texans lack of depth across the board. If Texans lose a starter at any position they go into damage control, looking for former players familar with system, skill set & body type long as they have a pulse.

We have seen what happens to Texans without Schaub or Andre, not good, yet Smith/Kubiak lack quality depth or potential starter material. Mario has been playing with a bum shoulder all year it seems, I would think they could rest him with the aquistion of Antonio Smith, at least he is a starting LDE but @ what cost for one position? Now with IR list of Slaton, Pitts, Brisel, OWEN DANIELS the Texans struggle @ RB, OL & TE. It took Texans 7 years to really invest in a starting LT, Duane Brown, the plan was to stash Butler for development latter down the road but the road begins now. Salaam has plenty of expereince, he's a Kubiak/Smith favorite but I just hope he doesn't cost Texans on the field or worse yet Schaub.

It would be wise to snag another LT who could also hold down RT in this upcoming draft. Ideally someone who could beat out Winston so we could bump him inside to shore up RG & if need be have the ability to swing over & fill in @ LT due to injury. thank god the Texans have just a couple games left this season, if they make the playoffs I would hate to see this be the issue that costs this franchise.

m5kwatts
12-30-2009, 09:30 PM
Poor Brian Russell, didn't even get a chance. :(

El contrare

Russell returns: Veteran safety Brian Russell was back at practice on Wednesday, one week after being released by the team. He was re-signed this week when starting free safety Dominique Barber was placed on injured reserve.

"I expect him to play," Kubiak said of Russell. "He'll basically take Dominique's place. How much he plays on defense, we'll wait and see, but between he and (John) Busing, they'll play a great deal."

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=5984