PDA

View Full Version : hello my 7-7 friends

kastofsna
12-21-2009, 11:15 AM
two of the league's 7 teams with a 7-7 record face off this week. yes, it's the classic Dolphins/Texans rivalry.

it'll be in Miami, and the last time it was in Miami, Kris Brown actually clutched up and hit a game-winning field goal. ah, how times have changed.

as i'm sure you're all very aware, Miami has never beat the New Oilers. there's been some very interesting games in this amazing rivalry.

first, the aformentioned one in '03, where David Carr lead the Texans on a game-winning drive.

in 2006, Mario Williams got his first career sacks against the then-legless Daunte Culpepper, and Miami lost the game on an inexplicable Ronnie Brown 2-pt conversion pass attempt.

in '07, the Texans barely beat the 1-15 Dolphins club shortly after Travis Johnson ended Trent Green's career and celebrated this fact over his lifeless corpse. Brown's 57-yarder won it

last year, Matt Schaub ran the ball from 3 yards out to take the lead with no time on the clock.

the Blue Bulls have beaten the Dolphins by margins of 1 point, 2 points, 3 points, and 1 point, all of them decided in the final minute. actually pretty incredible when you think about it

so again we face off this week. i know you guys are leading towards the Texans here, and history is on your side, i suppose. but keep this in mind: this is a very important game for Houston, and they have as much a chance as winning a game that matters as Vince Young does at winning a game of Trivial Pursuit.

so i'm picking Miami here, 31-30 :specnatz:

good game, y'all

ChrisG
12-21-2009, 11:32 AM
two of the league's 7 teams with a 7-7 record face off this week. yes, it's the classic Dolphins/Texans rivalry.

it'll be in Miami, and the last time it was in Miami, Kris Brown actually clutched up and hit a game-winning field goal. ah, how times have changed.

as i'm sure you're all very aware, Miami has never beat the New Oilers. there's been some very interesting games in this amazing rivalry.

first, the aformentioned one in '03, where David Carr lead the Texans on a game-winning drive.

in 2006, Mario Williams got his first career sacks against the then-legless Daunte Culpepper, and Miami lost the game on an inexplicable Ronnie Brown 2-pt conversion pass attempt.

in '07, the Texans barely beat the 1-15 Dolphins club shortly after Travis Johnson ended Trent Green's career and celebrated this fact over his lifeless corpse. Brown's 57-yarder won it

last year, Matt Schaub ran the ball from 3 yards out to take the lead with no time on the clock.

the Blue Bulls have beaten the Dolphins by margins of 1 point, 2 points, 3 points, and 1 point, all of them decided in the final minute. actually pretty incredible when you think about it

so again we face off this week. i know you guys are leading towards the Texans here, and history is on your side, i suppose. but keep this in mind: this is a very important game for Houston, and they have as much a chance as winning a game that matters as Vince Young does at winning a game of Trivial Pursuit.

good game, y'all

check the vid and your facts:
Green took an illegal shot that could have ended johnson's career. Green ended it himself, with that dirty f*&king play. And he didn't celebrate Green getting hurt - as he walked passed he talked sum crap to a guy who almost ended his career.

rmartin65
12-21-2009, 11:33 AM

good game, y'all

Damnit, we are screwed!

Anyway, nice write up. The games between the two teams have always been fun games, I cant wait to not watch this one.

Go Texans!

SheTexan
12-21-2009, 11:34 AM
All Sparano needs to do to beat the Texans is game plan around Dunte Robinson. He will make Henne look like a Payton Manning clone! I have a feeling the Texans will AGAIN make a rookie look like a pro-bowler!

BUT, since I'm one of those starry eyed, loyal to the death Texan fans, I'll put my faith in MS and AJ to get the job done. KB will get over his slump and kick the game winning FG!!

Texans 27
Miami 24

Goatcheese
12-21-2009, 11:36 AM
61 points?

I don't see this being a shoot out.

In a show of epic futility the Texans tie the Dolphins 17-17 after an OT with 12 fumbles. :rake:

HOU-TEX
12-21-2009, 11:36 AM
After these past two weeks...who the heck knows what the Texans will do?

Needless to say, I don't have a good feeling about it.

Let's not turn this into a TJ vs Green debate.

beerlover
12-21-2009, 11:39 AM
two teams headed in different directions :barman:

Texan_Bill
12-21-2009, 11:40 AM
After these past two weeks...who the heck knows what the Texans will do?

Needless to say, I don't have a good feeling about it.

Let's not turn this into a TJ vs Green debate.

Green got knocked the **** out!! That's all that counts!!! :runaway:

Texans bounce back and show well. Texans 27 - Miami 20.

TheRealJoker
12-21-2009, 11:40 AM
All I know is AJ will show up to play and give 100%.

Not so sure beyond that...

TexanSam
12-21-2009, 11:51 AM
check the vid and your facts:
Green took an illegal shot that could have ended johnson's career. Green ended it himself, with that dirty f*&king play. And he didn't celebrate Green getting hurt - as he walked passed he talked sum crap to a guy who almost ended his career.

nah, tj was an ass

infantrycak
12-21-2009, 11:56 AM
nah, tj was an ass

TJ's reaction may have been bad, but the player who ended Green's career was Green. He stuck his head in front of TJ's knee.

gwallaia
12-21-2009, 12:09 PM
I bet it ends in a 7-7 tie.

Corrosion
12-21-2009, 12:16 PM
TJ's reaction may have been bad, but the player who ended Green's career was Green. He stuck his head in front of TJ's knee.

Yep , he did that to himself - TJ just didnt react in a politically correct manner after the fact.

mike moffat
12-21-2009, 12:23 PM

good game, y'all
To be quite honest. I'd be very happy if we score 31 points!

El Tejano
12-21-2009, 12:30 PM
Damnit, we are screwed!

Anyway, nice write up. The games between the two teams have always been fun games, I cant wait to not watch this one.

Go Texans!

Vince doesn't play this Sunday so K-EYE will be forced to play this one.

MannyFresh
12-21-2009, 12:37 PM
I'm surprised ya'll haven't changed your logo yet....flipper with the helmet on just looks kinda hokey...

El Tejano
12-21-2009, 12:39 PM
Jason Porter is going to have a field day. Ricky Williams loves him some Mario Williams.

Malloy
12-21-2009, 12:43 PM
61 points?

I don't see this being a shoot out.

In a show of epic futility the Texans tie the Dolphins 17-17 after an OT with 12 fumbles. :rake:

hehe, I would love to see that... or would I... :)

I have a feeling that Miami will take this one and kill any hope of lucking our way into the playoffs, unless Ricky tried to run the ball up the middle for the entire game, then we might actually have a chance.

Too bad about your game last night, man you got cheated from a W in the last couple of minutes.

Anyway, next week, I'm looking forward to the game and hoping we'll pull a win out of our ***** :)

ArlingtonTexan
12-21-2009, 12:44 PM
I am the only one who is hearing a bad parody of Simon and Garfunkel

"hello average my old friend. The Texans have come to .500 again. the vision of playoffs stay fleeting and the vision is planted in McNair's brain and Kubes still remains..."

Malloy
12-21-2009, 12:49 PM
I am the only one who is hearing a bad parody of Simon and Garfunkel

"hello average my old friend. The Texans have come to .500 again. the vision of playoffs stay fleeting and the vision is planted in McNair's brain and Kubes still remains..."

Now we do :)

Speedy
12-21-2009, 01:07 PM
Miami has never beat the New Oilers.

If Miami has never played the "New Oilers" then of course they've never beaten them. They've never lost to them either.

As for the Houston Texans who have NOTHING to do with Oilers (old or new) in any way, shape or form, yeah, the Dolphins have never beaten those guys in 4 tries.

Fun fact of the day - The one and only time the Texans have won back to back road games on consecutive Sundays was in 2004, weeks 15 and 16 with the second game being won in the state of Florida, and it was the Texans only shutout ever.

It all means nothing in the game about to be played of course, just like the Texans 4-0 record against the Dolphins means nothing in that game.

Blake
12-21-2009, 01:12 PM
I have to take the phins here. Chad Henne is looking good. A few 300 yard passing games, but not a great TD to INT ratio. I dont know what it is, but I know it cant be good. I can see Henne hooking up for a few TD's with Bess and Hartline.

And Ricky should get 80-100 yards and a TD.

Miami wins - 27-20.

Thorn
12-21-2009, 01:31 PM
If the Texans win, there's an excellent chance we'll be 9-7 at the end of the year. If we lose, there's an even greater chance we'll be 7-9 at the end of the year.

kastofsna
12-21-2009, 02:10 PM
If Miami has never played the "New Oilers" then of course they've never beaten them. They've never lost to them either.

As for the Houston Texans who have NOTHING to do with Oilers (old or new) in any way, shape or form, yeah, the Dolphins have never beaten those guys in 4 tries.

oh.

see, i was being serious, so this greatly upsets me

Ghostform
12-21-2009, 02:27 PM
since the texans only play one half of football...we gotta play a pretty good half or else we are going to lose.

Silver Oak
12-21-2009, 02:46 PM

let's hope this is the last time you compare us to that franchise and its owner. :bat:

Speedy
12-21-2009, 06:22 PM
oh.

I couldn't care less if you were serious or not. The Houston TEXANS aren't the Oilers. Period. Maybe you're confused because your team just got beat by the Oilers.

brakos82
12-21-2009, 07:24 PM
I couldn't care less if you were serious or not. The Houston TEXANS aren't the Oilers. Period. Maybe you're confused because your team just got beat by the Oilers.

Or having flashbacks... :kitten:

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb23/brakos82/Campbell78-1.gif

thunderkyss
12-21-2009, 07:43 PM
two teams headed in different directions :barman:

I agree. Dolphins win.

thunderkyss
12-21-2009, 07:49 PM
oh.

I like that Blue Bulls thing.

Kinda fitting.

billybob
12-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Should be a good game. Texans are hit and miss, as are the Dolphins.

Tedc
12-21-2009, 08:05 PM
in '07, the Texans barely beat the 1-15 Dolphins club shortly after Travis Johnson ended Trent Green's career and celebrated this fact over his lifeless corpse. :specnatz:

So inaccurate. You oughta be ashamed of yourself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urxloYLBV0Q

Thorn
12-21-2009, 09:00 PM
The problem with the Texans is you just don't know what they are going to do from Sunday to Sunday. I wouldn't ever count them out of a game, and I also wouldn't ever be confident of a for sure win either.

SteveSlaton20
12-21-2009, 10:19 PM
in '07, the Texans barely beat the 1-15 Dolphins club shortly after Travis Johnson ended Trent Green's career and celebrated this fact over his lifeless corpse.

but idk, i think miami gets away w/ this one.

Giant Tiger
12-21-2009, 10:45 PM
The problem with the Texans is you just don't know what they are going to do from Sunday to Sunday. I wouldn't ever count them out of a game, and I also wouldn't ever be confident of a for sure win either.

Both teams urgently need this game, so I expect it to be back & forth. I'd trade all those other wins against Miami for one this week, though. Sure would make the next game more meaningful.

Big Lou
12-21-2009, 11:35 PM
Green got knocked the **** out!! That's all that counts!!! :runaway:

Texans bounce back and show well. Texans 27 - Miami 20.

If TJ hadn't done it then Pollard would have knocked the piss out him!!!!!

Big Lou
12-21-2009, 11:38 PM

but idk, i think miami gets away w/ this one.

Damn it man, can't you just be a blind homer like the rest of us????

I'm calling it Texans 72 Dolphins -13.

I have had a beer or two so my figures may be slightly skewed. I would say that I have a possible 65 point margin of error.

Norg
12-22-2009, 12:26 AM
if rashed butler is playing LT then Porter Will get man handled !!!! :texflag:

I predict Texans Demolish the Phins like 38-10

we will make yall QB wats his name i dont even know but he will prob Get sacked alot and prob get injured

Taking HIts from Mario and Barwin Aka the satch is not fun

yall cant keep pace with our Offensive

and that wildcat thing will not work on us

We play Wildcat 4 times a year Titans and Jags use it all the time it will not surprise us

and has always Andre johnson will light yall boyz up silly style

cuppacoffee
12-22-2009, 12:36 AM

Ain't that the truth. Just once I would like to go into a game expecting a win.

:coffee:

SheTexan
12-22-2009, 12:47 AM
We have Dunte on our team. Henne will look like a pro-bowler

Goldensilence
12-22-2009, 01:26 AM
Ain't that the truth. Just once I would like to go into a game expecting a win.

:coffee:

Last week was your chance, and boy did the Texans manage to prove us wrong.

Your sig is just....*shakes head*

bckey
12-22-2009, 07:20 AM

You know Thorn. I think that is the most frustrating thing about this team.

kastofsna
12-22-2009, 09:46 AM

the same can be said for Miami. beat down by the hapless Bills, the next week they get a great victory against the Patriots. incredibly close losses to the Colts and Saints, yet they somehow barely beat the Bucs.

it's how you wind up 7-7, basically. no consistency.

Thorn
12-22-2009, 09:52 AM
the same can be said for Miami. beat down by the hapless Bills, the next week they get a great victory against the Patriots. incredibly close losses to the Colts and Saints, yet they somehow barely beat the Bucs.

it's how you wind up 7-7, basically. no consistency.

So, it's the Miami Texans vs. the Houston Dolphins this Sunday? LOL

HOU-TEX
12-22-2009, 09:54 AM
Both teams urgently need this game, so I expect it to be back & forth. I'd trade all those other wins against Miami for one this week, though. Sure would make the next game more meaningful.

Given our past, we normally bow out of games we "must win". We'll likely lose to the Phins, which will eliminate us from playoff contention (like we realistically had a chance anyway). After being eliminated we'll come back and *****-slap the Pats which, in turn, will get a part of the fan base all giddy and pumped for next season's run to the playoffs.

Sound familiar? :thinking:

El Tejano
12-22-2009, 11:09 AM
Given our past, we normally bow out of games we "must win". We'll likely lose to the Phins, which will eliminate us from playoff contention (like we realistically had a chance anyway). After being eliminated we'll come back and *****-slap the Pats which, in turn, will get a part of the fan base all giddy and pumped for next season's run to the playoffs.

And then you will get to hear the staff talk about how this 8-8 team was better than last year's 8-8 team.

Giant Tiger
12-22-2009, 08:31 PM

Yep, I'm not disagreeing; my point is: no sense bowing out or choking; just win or it's over :goodnight

ObsiWan
12-23-2009, 12:03 AM
All Sparano needs to do to beat the Texans is game plan around Dunte Robinson. He will make Henne look like a Payton Manning clone! I have a feeling the Texans will AGAIN make a rookie look like a pro-bowler!

BUT, since I'm one of those starry eyed, loyal to the death Texan fans, I'll put my faith in MS and AJ to get the job done. KB will get over his slump and kick the game winning FG!!

Texans 27
Miami 24

That's who got the job done last time. Helluva catch by A.J. and totally unexpected QB sneak by Schaub.

imatexan
12-23-2009, 01:09 AM
We have Dunte on our team. Henne will look like a pro-bowler

Who is Dunte?

SheTexan
12-23-2009, 09:14 AM
Who is Dunte?

I dont have a freaking clue! I just made that up so you could question my spelling!!:scarygirl:

Who the hell cares how his name is spelled!!! DUNTA has made it quiet clear he DOES NOT want to remain a Texan!!

imatexan
12-23-2009, 02:18 PM
I dont have a freaking clue! I just made that up so you could question my spelling!!:scarygirl:

Who the hell cares how his name is spelled!!! DUNTA has made it quiet clear he DOES NOT want to remain a Texan!!

:shades:

Texan_Bill
12-23-2009, 02:21 PM
We have a Dunce (named Dunta) on our team. Henne will look like a pro-bowler

Fixed. :D

ubecool454
12-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Andre Johnson will put the team on his back and carry them to victory in his hometown....sort of like Vince Young does when he comes to his hometown.

kastofsna
12-28-2009, 12:40 AM
i didnt watch a second of this game, but looks like i didnt miss much. kudos.

edo783
12-28-2009, 11:55 PM
i didnt watch a second of this game, but looks like i didnt miss much. kudos.

Got a bit exciting at the end.

Norg
12-29-2009, 01:19 AM
hello my 7-8 Friend

Joe Texan
12-29-2009, 01:40 AM
Friend we are 8 and 7

Texan_Bill
12-29-2009, 08:47 AM
Friend we are 8 and 7

Norg was talking to the OP, my friend.

Joe Texan
12-29-2009, 03:49 PM
But OP was talking to me

brakos82
12-29-2009, 03:53 PM
But who am I talking to?

Ryan
12-29-2009, 04:10 PM
But who am I talking to?

you're in the unemployment line because of your failures at starting gameday threads:texflag:

jk:kingkong:

Texan_Bill
12-29-2009, 04:12 PM
But who am I talking to?

Your invisible friend.

Corrosion
12-29-2009, 07:26 PM
Your invisible 7-8 friend.

Fixed