PDA

View Full Version : Thank you D-Rob...

BigTimeTexanFan
12-21-2009, 09:07 AM
for not signing that multi year deal this past offseason. This guy has been getting burned week after week. I seriously doubt he's back with the Texans next year simply because of his ego. If his ego was so big that he turned down more than 20 million guaranteed coming back from career threatening injuries than he certainly won't sign for significantly less this year after "proving himself". I strip you of your name D-rob and dub thee... D-Burnt.

Thorn
12-21-2009, 09:10 AM
I don't think D-Burnt will be back next year. :)

HOU-TEX
12-21-2009, 09:11 AM
Avery ran by him like he was standing still. Thank goodness Null was throwing the ball. Otherwise, it's a TD.

Texan_Bill
12-21-2009, 09:15 AM
Re: Thank you D-Rob...

Thank you D-Rob for confirming what I always knew about you. You're a phony. You should be convicted for stealing money and for impersonating an NFL cornerback.

Maddict5
12-21-2009, 09:24 AM
Avery ran by him like he was standing still. Thank goodness Null was throwing the ball. Otherwise, it's a TD.

yeah averys a quick guy but dunta looked embarassingly slow on that play. avery was so much quicker he even (luckily) outran dunta's desperation grabs to pull him back that wouldve led to his weekly PI call

DeMarCushPoll
He will be gone and he'll have to settle for about 1/4 of what he stole from us this year. He's gonna feel like the biggest DA on the planet for not signing that contrct. My only hope is that he signs with a division rival so AJ can torch his ass and sing "Dunta how my ass taste?" twice a year.

hookinreds
Which would explain the 13 yard cushion he he was give the WR all game. I really can't stand seeing a WR make a catch without a LB/DB/S in the freaking TV screen.

Pantherstang84
Seriously DRob should write a book.

"How Make Enemies and Piss Off People"

TheIronDuke
12-21-2009, 09:44 AM
He didn't have a PI or a holding call the whole game, that's a first.

hookinreds
12-21-2009, 09:53 AM
He didn't have a PI or a holding call the whole game, that's a first.

By definition, he would have to have been in the vicinity of the WR to actually make physical contact.

Texan_Bill
12-21-2009, 10:14 AM
By definition, he would have to have been in the vicinity of the WR to actually make physical contact.

lol:

El Tejano
12-21-2009, 10:27 AM
The Rams dedicated their offense to Dunta Robinson. I only got to see NFL RedZone but it was more than appearant that the Rams saw where there offensive production would come from. And the thing about it is, you can't blame that on the fact that Reeves or anyone else we have is a shut down corner. They just know Dunta is going to give up more yards.

houstonspartan
12-21-2009, 10:40 AM
I still can't believe all that money he turned down. Wow. And the only reason it was offered was becuase he was seen as a leader on defense. Now, not only has Dunta had a subpar season and will likely never see that kind of contract offer again, but Bernard Pollard has stepped in taken over the defense.

And, Dunta completely lost the fan base.

What a mess.

Mr. White
12-21-2009, 10:47 AM
FWIW, the guys on the 1560 morning show were saying that David Gibbs changed the coverage technique and that Dunta isn't adapting well.

Kind of obvious I guess.

False Start
12-21-2009, 10:53 AM
I was never a real big Dunta fan, but I did like him because he was the best CB we had back in the day. Now, I really hope hes not wearing a Texans jersey come 2010. I hope he signs with the Rams, Lions, Browns, or Bucs next season, that would make me happy. :)

BigTimeTexanFan
12-21-2009, 10:55 AM
FWIW, the guys on the 1560 morning show were saying that David Gibbs changed the coverage technique and that Dunta isn't adapting well.

Kind of obvious I guess.

That must explain receivers running by him as if he's on a leisurely jog and him taking the Matt Stevens tackling approach this year. I have been very unimpressed with his play this year. I can see from a players point of view in a contract year trying to protect yourself from injury, but not at the expense of costing yourself money by not playing well at all. I don't think he has it anymore.

DeMarCushPoll
12-21-2009, 11:13 AM
That must explain receivers running by him as if he's on a leisurely jog and him taking the Matt Stevens tackling approach this year. I have been very unimpressed with his play this year. I can see from a players point of view in a contract year trying to protect yourself from injury, but not at the expense of costing yourself money by not playing well at all. I don't think he has it anymore.

Maybe he's doing his best to make the Texans won't franchise him again. If so, it's working.

Texecutioner
12-21-2009, 11:19 AM
I remember a certain bunch in here constantly defending Dunta before the season started saying that his hold out wasn't going to effect anything and that he would be fine once the season started and he was simply doing what was best for him to all of us that were so pissed at the way he acted during training camp and pre season. Boy did that blow up in their faces and spew all over ours. Dunta has sucked this year and he won't be getting any great contract next year with anyone. Holding out did you a lot of good didn't it Dunta? After this year you'll have no contract and you won't get anywhere near what you could have gotten. :roast:

BigTimeTexanFan
12-21-2009, 11:27 AM
Maybe he's doing his best to make the Texans won't franchise him again. If so, it's working.

If so, he needs to look at who is consulting him.

"Dunta, here's what were gonna do. This year you are going to play very poorly, I mean poor like pissing off your coaches, holding penalties, allowing receivers to run by you, not tackling, you get the picture. This way the Texans won't franchise you again. Now you will not see a contract anywhere close to what you turned down, but at least you won't be making 10 mil a year."

Malloy
12-21-2009, 11:37 AM
Im just real happy that RS did not bend on this one, franshise his ass and let him prove his worth. He didnt and we'll be better of player- and money-wise.

bye bye D-robber...

Vinny
12-21-2009, 11:38 AM
some tampa2 team will end up signing him I'd bet. Too bad we won't get anything for him if we let him walk.

TexCanada
12-21-2009, 11:42 AM
The strange thing is that D-Burnt is still highly rated by the media and even by a lot of knowledgeable NFL guys. I think that with our lack of exposure at the national level, everyone just still assumes that D-Rob is as good as he used to be. I wouldn't be surprised is some stupid GM out there tries to make a big FA signing and throws more money at him than he deserves just to please fans.

Malloy
12-21-2009, 11:53 AM
some tampa2 team will end up signing him I'd bet. Too bad we won't get anything for him if we let him walk.

What about a compensatory pick?

Malloy
12-21-2009, 11:54 AM
The strange thing is that D-Burnt is still highly rated by the media and even by a lot of knowledgeable NFL guys. I think that with our lack of exposure at the national level, everyone just still assumes that D-Rob is as good as he used to be. I wouldn't be surprised is some stupid GM out there tries to make a big FA signing and throws more money at him than he deserves just to please fans.

If they watched a single game from this season they would be running away screaming. If a GM signs him for big money that's a GM that should be unimployed :)

infantrycak
12-21-2009, 12:10 PM

It's a possibility but it depends on net losses or gains.

TexansSeminole
12-21-2009, 12:13 PM
How does everyone feel about our group of corners outside of D-Rob?

Quin, Reeves, McCain, Bennett, Molden.

It would be nice to pick up a vet or a high draft pick to play the nickel. Bennett is probably not going to break out again, and Molden is always hurt. While they will probably be on the roster next year, they aren't really a part of our future at CB IMO.

I know it's weird. It's like they just picked up from the point where he was injured and assumed his play was the same. He was no lockdown corner back then, but he was atleast solid and improving.

Anybody else think Solomon Wilcots or whatever, the analyst from NFL Network and the Texans game commentator yesterday, is really bad? That guy had me laughing the whole game. He called Arian Foster, Adrian Foster. When Pollard got the interception, even after the other commentator said "Pollard gets the interception", he called Pollard Barber. When Pollard and Jackson got into it he sounded confused on what to say. "Thats....not...the right behavior...we want to see in....the national football league.." Dude needs to stick to the teleprompter at NFL Network. Seems like the commentating gets worse every year.

Blake
12-21-2009, 12:15 PM
We should use the transition tag on him. This way he can go out and try to get a contract from another club.

If he gets a low offer we can match and keep him.

If he gets a high offer we can let him go.

TheIronDuke
12-21-2009, 12:35 PM
When Pollard got the interception, even after the other commentator said "Pollard gets the interception", he called Pollard Barber.

Ummm, Barber got the interception.

Houston_Fanatic
12-21-2009, 12:41 PM
Bye-bye DONE-ta Robinson......... Can't say I will miss ya after the way you played this season.

Goatcheese
12-21-2009, 01:27 PM
How does everyone feel about our group of corners outside of D-Rob?

Quin, Reeves, McCain, Bennett, Molden.

Quin is a bellow average starter, or quality nickle guy.
Reeves has been up and down, but overall has been a quality player.
McCain has shown some flashes, but overall has been fair to poor.
Bennett won't be in the NFL next year.
Molden is held together by hope and duct tape.

Mr teX
12-21-2009, 01:40 PM
Quin is a bellow average starter, or quality nickle guy.
Reeves has been up and down, but overall has been a quality player.
McCain has shown some flashes, but overall has been fair to poor.
Bennett won't be in the NFL next year.
Molden is held together by hope and duct tape.

Exactly, McCain is the only real prospect & he's no more than a nickel guy. We need a complete overhaul back there.

I remember alot of this same stuff being said about Charles Woodson when he was released by the raiders, now the guy is one of the premier CB's in the game & vying for defensive player of the year. It's funny what a little pass rush will do for ya.

Stemp
12-21-2009, 01:44 PM
Exactly, McCain is the only real prospect & he's no more than a nickel guy. We need a complete overhaul back there.

I remember alot of this same stuff being said about Charles Woodson when he was released by the raiders, now the guy is one of the premier CB's in the game & vying for defensive player of the year. It's funny what a little pass rush will do for ya.

It's also funny how learning how not to whiff on tackles will help a player become better and a defense get off the field faster.

Big Lou
12-21-2009, 02:20 PM

And Dunta had the cajones to joke about Pollards speed last week!!!!

I used to love #23, now can't wait till the door hits him on the way out. I just can't stand that he's starting, I'd rather have Petey out there again!!!!!

About the only thing I see out of Dunta anymore is one good stick every other game if he doesn't whiff. Any other time he waits until someone else makes first contact and then he jumps in. And he's so far off the LOS he has to dodge traffic in the parking lot!!!!

Mr teX
12-21-2009, 02:40 PM
It's also funny how learning how not to whiff on tackles will help a player become better and a defense get off the field faster.

yeah, b/c him whiffing on tackles is the sole reason we can't get off the field on 3rd down. Every single defensive player in the league does that, singling him out as the reason why our secondary is trash is a stretch.

Goatcheese
12-21-2009, 07:17 PM
yeah, b/c him whiffing on tackles is the sole reason we can't get off the field on 3rd down. Every single defensive player in the league does that, singling him out as the reason why our secondary is trash is a stretch.

Our secondary is actually quite solid. We have the 13th ranked passing defense despite a bellow average pass rush. If Wilson wasn't hurt 10 games every year they would be even better.

mexican_texan
12-21-2009, 07:22 PM
I think he'll end up with the Eagles next year.

Big Lou
12-21-2009, 08:21 PM

Our compensation will be a pair of custom pay me rick shoes, and 10 yellow flags for everyone of his 15 yards penalties this year.

buddyboy
12-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Our secondary is actually quite solid. We have the 13th ranked passing defense despite a bellow average pass rush. If Wilson wasn't hurt 10 games every year they would be even better.

Wilson missed 4 games last year. Every week you've been the lead apologist for D-Rob's coverage, despite his poor play. And I don't care about what his DVOA and what his coverage statistics are. He's been playing badly. As Bill Belichick said recently, "Stats are for losers."

Goatcheese
12-21-2009, 08:59 PM
Wilson missed 4 games last year.

Hyperbole. :tiphat:

Every week you've been the lead apologist for D-Rob's coverage, despite his poor play. And I don't care about what his DVOA and what his coverage statistics are. He's been playing badly. As Bill Belichick said recently, "Stats are for losers."

Don't let the facts get in the way of your opinion. Then your opinion would make sense, and we can't have people making sense around here. :worldpeace:

TexanBacker93
12-21-2009, 09:52 PM
I remember a certain bunch in here constantly defending Dunta before the season started saying that his hold out wasn't going to effect anything and that he would be fine once the season started and he was simply doing what was best for him to all of us that were so pissed at the way he acted during training camp and pre season. Boy did that blow up in their faces and spew all over ours. Dunta has sucked this year and he won't be getting any great contract next year with anyone. Holding out did you a lot of good didn't it Dunta? After this year you'll have no contract and you won't get anywhere near what you could have gotten. :roast:

I never defended him and I didn't like what he did. I thought it would work out in our benefit because I honestly thought we would see the best he had to give. I figured it would be like it was with Haynesworth in Titsland. I didn't see him coming up with lackluster efforts each week. He could have played himself into a fat contract on par with what he expected. Too bad for him.

SheTexan
12-22-2009, 12:20 AM
Can't wait to see the look on his face once he's no longer a TEXAN and we finally get our heads straight and make the playoffs, and he's sitting on a bench somewhere up north, without a dome stadium!! OH wait!!! My bad! He has his hair to keep him warm!

buddyboy
12-22-2009, 12:38 AM
Hyperbole. :tiphat:

Don't let the facts get in the way of your opinion. Then your opinion would make sense, and we can't have people making sense around here. :worldpeace:

I agree that facts should be heeded when making an opinion. And yes, stats are "facts". But stats can be misleading, i.e. Shane Battier having one of the worst +/- statistics in basketball, regardless of his actual defensive prowess.

Malloy
12-22-2009, 02:33 AM
Our compensation will be a pair of custom pay me rick shoes, and 10 yellow flags for everyone of his 15 yards penalties this year.

So you're telling me he's worth something ? :)

TimeKiller
12-22-2009, 10:02 AM
Does he even have more deflections than personal fouls at this point? It's close if not.

0 ints. 44 tackles and somehow I think I only remember one because Peyton "mentioned it". The guy hasn't been disgusting awful but he hasn't been anywhere near the status he gives himself.

I mean stats don't tell the whole story but they sure can throw a monkey wrench into some of these stories....

Mr teX
12-22-2009, 03:39 PM
He certainly hasn't played up to what he thinks he's worth, but he hasn't been as horrible as some are making him out to be.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side folks....

Mr. White
12-22-2009, 03:54 PM
Decent DB's aren't exactly easy to come by.

It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up back here next year.

imatexan
12-22-2009, 04:05 PM

I find it funny that the only people who think he is just AWFUL are the Texans fans.

Everyone else seems to view him fairly.

The truth is that he is not as good as he used to be or even good but he is not terrible.

Many Texans fans do not like him personally for the "pay me rick" thing and how much money he is making compared to his production..which I am frustrated with as well.

Some of y'all do need to realize that he is not the worst CB in the league, just the most overpaid.

12-22-2009, 04:12 PM

really? i'd be shocked.

Vinny
12-22-2009, 04:16 PM

that's why we shouldn't have passed on Reevis. Top corners are not fully appreciated until you don't have one. Right now we don't have one.

Mr. White
12-22-2009, 04:21 PM
really? i'd be shocked.

Are there any better CB's in free agency?

Is a franchise CB coming out in the draft?

Texan_Bill
12-22-2009, 04:50 PM
Have fun:
Pos Player Name FA Status Previous Team
SS Will Allen UFA Tampa Bay Buccaneers
CB Will D. Allen UFA Miami Dolphins
CB Alan Ball RFA Dallas Cowboys
FS Antoine Bethea UFA Indianapolis Colts
SS Atari Bigby UFA Green Bay Packers
CB Will Blackmon UFA Green Bay Packers
CB Dre' Bly UFA San Francisco 49ers
CB Leigh Bodden UFA New England Patriots
FS C.C. Brown UFA New York Giants
SS Melvin Bullitt RFA Indianapolis Colts
FS Daniel Bullocks UFA Detroit Lions
FS Josh Bullocks UFA Chicago Bears
SS Tyrone Carter UFA Pittsburgh Steelers
FS Ryan Clark UFA Pittsburgh Steelers
CB Drew Coleman UFA New York Jets
FS Nick Collins UFA Green Bay Packers
FS Craig Dahl RFA New York Giants
CB Kevin Dockery UFA New York Giants
SS Reed Doughty UFA Washington Redskins
SS Abram Elam UFA New York Jets
CB Therrian Fontenot UFA Philadelphia Eagles
FS Eric Frampton RFA Minnesota Vikings
FS Vincent Fuller UFA Tennessee Titans
CB William Gay RFA Pittsburgh Steelers
CB Charles Gordon UFA Minnesota Vikings
CB Cedric Griffin UFA Minnesota Vikings
CB Brent Grimes RFA Atlanta Falcons
CB Nick Harper UFA Tennessee Titans
SS Roman Harper UFA New Orleans Saints
FS Antoine Harris RFA Atlanta Falcons
CB Walt Harris UFA San Francisco 49ers
CB Anthony Henry UFA Detroit Lions
CB Ellis Hobbs UFA Philadelphia Eagles
CB Marcus Hudson UFA San Francisco 49ers
CB Marlin Jackson UFA Indianapolis Colts
CB Tim Jennings UFA Indianapolis Colts
CB David Jones RFA Cincinnati Bengals
FS Sean Jones UFA Philadelphia Eagles
SS Kenoy Kennedy UFA Detroit Lions
SS Dawan Landry UFA Baltimore Ravens
FS Danieal Manning UFA Chicago Bears
CB Richard Marshall UFA Carolina Panthers
FS Derrick Martin RFA Green Bay Packers
CB Terrence McGee UFA Buffalo Bills
CB Terence Newman UFA Dallas Cowboys
CB Karl Paymah UFA Minnesota Vikings
SS Charlie Peprah UFA Green Bay Packers
SS Brodney Pool UFA Cleveland Browns
SS Pierson Prioleau UFA New Orleans Saints
CB Keiwan Ratliff UFA Pittsburgh Steelers
FS Mark Roman UFA San Francisco 49ers
CB Stanford Routt UFA Oakland Raiders
CB Benny Sapp UFA Minnesota Vikings
SS Gerald Sensabaugh UFA Dallas Cowboys
FS Darren Sharper UFA New Orleans Saints
FS Ko Simpson UFA Detroit Lions
FS Eric Smith UFA New York Jets
FS Quinton Teal RFA Carolina Panthers
CB Leigh Torrence UFA New Orleans Saints
CB Deshea Townsend UFA Pittsburgh Steelers
CB Jonathan Wade RFA St. Louis Rams
CB Fabian Washington UFA Oakland Raiders
SS Pat Watkins UFA Dallas Cowboys
CB Corey Webster UFA New York Giants
CB Antoine Winfield UFA Minnesota Vikings
CB Ashton Youboty UFA Buffalo Bills
FS Usama Young RFA New Orleans Saints

Big Lou
12-22-2009, 06:53 PM

If you mean decent, do you mean as in a decent back up? DR has clearly lost a step, he has been extremely lucky this year that he hasn't been torched every game.

I don't know how is recieved by his team mates after the crap he pulled, but I know there are a lot of fans that will be thrilled the day he's cut, when ever that may be. as for the team I can't imagine they love him. Had he not been franchised we may have been able to work out deals with OD, Ryans, and maybe event extended Pitts or Walters (Pure speculation). As many have said thank goodness that Dunta was too proud to take that 23 million dollar deal if it really existed, because that cap hit would have sucked.

Maybe Rick can resign him for what he really is worth and then trade him for a 4th or 5th or maybe a used Plasma TV or something.

Mr. White
12-22-2009, 07:34 PM
If you mean decent, do you mean as in a decent back up? DR has clearly lost a step, he has been extremely lucky this year that he hasn't been torched every game.

Is anybody really charting his plays to quantify how much he sucks now? Maybe that's a question for the video guys or the X's and O's guys.

It's an honest question.

I never really thought the guy was Deion Sanders or Rod Woodson before this offseason, but I also don't think he's Petey Reeves or Matt Stevens either.

I don't know how is recieved by his team mates after the crap he pulled, but I know there are a lot of fans that will be thrilled the day he's cut, when ever that may be. as for the team I can't imagine they love him.

His teammates could give a rat's ass about any of that. It's a job to them. They want to get paid too. I know we like to think that they play for the fans or for the love of the game, but the fact is these guys play for checks.

It's the fans that are up in arms. I honestly don't get all the outrage. Didn't show up for camp when he wasn't under contract...the shoes....how dare he.

I honestly haven't seen one good reason why the shoes are such a big deal.

Had he not been franchised we may have been able to work out deals with OD, Ryans, and maybe event extended Pitts or Walters (Pure speculation). As many have said thank goodness that Dunta was too proud to take that 23 million dollar deal if it really existed, because that cap hit would have sucked.

Maybe Rick can resign him for what he really is worth and then trade him for a 4th or 5th or maybe a used Plasma TV or something.

Back to your regularly scheduled Dunta Robinson Celebrity Roast now. Who's our next roaster?

12-24-2009, 05:14 PM
Are there any better CB's in free agency?

Is a franchise CB coming out in the draft?

i'm sure there's decent prospects out there.