PDA

View Full Version : Rashod Butler! oh yeah!

dalemurphy
12-20-2009, 09:18 PM
I told you so! Man, the guy looked good. I hope Brown is on the bench next week so we can see him go against Jason Taylor/Joey Porter.

TheRealJoker
12-20-2009, 09:19 PM
Maybe he can convince the coaches to move Winston inside to RG and let him be our RT...

I have a hard time believing he isn't one of our 5 best OL.

mariowillshine15
12-20-2009, 09:20 PM
Put Caldwell at Center and Butler at guard or move Winston in like Joker said. Anything to get Chris Myers or Chris White out of there.

Vinny
12-20-2009, 09:21 PM
I told you so! Man, the guy looked good. I hope Brown is on the bench next week so we can see him go against Jason Taylor/Joey Porter.
we'll keep an eye on your mancrush...for your sake.

blitz90
12-20-2009, 10:09 PM

Ummm no thanks. Taylor/Porter will eat that fool alive.

Brisco_County
12-20-2009, 10:13 PM
You're basing your case on how he looked against the Rams?

steelbtexan
12-20-2009, 11:21 PM
I have said before that Winston needs to be moved to G and Butler needs to start at RT.

This would allow the best 5 o-lineman on the field.

Winston has this bad little habit of almost getting Schaub killed once a game.

dalemurphy
12-21-2009, 12:45 AM
we'll keep an eye on your mancrush...for your sake.

Thank You!

dalemurphy
12-21-2009, 12:47 AM
Maybe he can convince the coaches to move Winston inside to RG and let him be our RT...

I have a hard time believing he isn't one of our 5 best OL.

Yes! of course that is what should've happened after we lost Pitts and Briesel. I can understand why this wasn't even a topic to consider? Especially after weeks of not being able to run the ball.

dalemurphy
12-21-2009, 12:47 AM
Ummm no thanks. Taylor/Porter will eat that fool alive.

I don't think so.

Norg
12-21-2009, 12:48 AM
i agree with everything said other then does cladwell know how to play Center ????

Chris Myers abit yes he sucks and is one of the key reasons why our running game and pass protection sucks .... came from Denver and is the ZBS run sceme player 100%

but what iam i saying he sucks and white does to and Kasey has well cut them ALLL our Interior of the Oline needed to be gutted a long time ago !!!

mussop
12-21-2009, 01:48 AM
Yes! of course that is what should've happened after we lost Pitts and Briesel. I can understand why this wasn't even a topic to consider? Especially after weeks of not being able to run the ball.

Just another example of one of Kuiaks poor personell decisions.

Goldensilence
12-21-2009, 02:16 AM

Kubiak's slow to make personnel decisions and sticks with some guys until there is no shadow of a doubt they can't get the job done, and in the case of Brown continue to do so even beyond that point.

If we do see a regime change it wouldn't surprise me if they made that move as part of moving towards a more power running scheme.

If Pitts came back healthy a line of Butler- Winston- Caldwell- Pitts- Brown wouldn't look too bad and it gets some guys that need to be backups on the bench.

dalemurphy
12-21-2009, 07:34 AM
Just another example of one of Kuiaks poor personell decisions.

yeah, I know. Dang it!

And, for those that didn't notice: Deljuan Robinson looked great in his limited snaps again but Okoye is still getting 3 times as many.

Mr. White
12-21-2009, 08:08 AM
Anyone else remember that game where Charles Spencer came out and Ephraim Salaam came in for him?

Salaam played a pretty good game in relief FWIW.

Goatcheese
12-21-2009, 08:14 AM
If any of our tackles get moved inside to guard it will be D.Brown. He's been beaten almost 50 times this year.

dalemurphy
12-21-2009, 08:16 AM
Anyone else remember that game where Charles Spencer came out and Ephraim Salaam came in for him?

Salaam played a pretty good game in relief FWIW.

"anyone remember the time that Bobby Boucher showed up a halftime and the Muddogs won the Bourbon Bowl?"

Mr. White
12-21-2009, 08:26 AM
"anyone remember the time that Bobby Boucher showed up a halftime and the Muddogs won the Bourbon Bowl?"

I'm not sure what this means, but I'm thinking you've missed my point.

Ephraim came in for Spencer and played a good game. We all know how well he panned out at LT.

1 1/2 quarters isn't much of a body of work.

TimeKiller
12-21-2009, 08:59 AM
He looked alright. I would be hard pressed to name 5 guys on the team better than him but what do I really know about it?

CloakNNNdagger
12-21-2009, 09:06 AM
i agree with everything said other then does cladwell know how to play Center ????

Chris Myers abit yes he sucks and is one of the key reasons why our running game and pass protection sucks .... came from Denver and is the ZBS run sceme player 100%

but what iam i saying he sucks and white does to and Kasey has well cut them ALLL our Interior of the Oline needed to be gutted a long time ago !!!

He's played both guard and center. Earlier, Kubiak was considering him as a Meyers sub and possibly eventual replacement. But, because of performance questions, his utility went by the wayside.

mussop
12-21-2009, 09:29 AM
Kubiak's slow to make personnel decisions and sticks with some guys until there is no shadow of a doubt they can't get the job done, and in the case of Brown continue to do so even beyond that point.

If we do see a regime change it wouldn't surprise me if they made that move as part of moving towards a more power running scheme.

If Pitts came back healthy a line of Butler- Winston- Caldwell- Pitts- Brown wouldn't look too bad and it gets some guys that need to be backups on the bench.

I cant for the life of me figure out what Caldwell has done to garner so much love on this board. The only thing I can think of is he has size and has played center so people want to pencil him into Myers spot because they hate him so much.

dalemurphy
12-21-2009, 09:39 AM
I cant for the life of me figure out what Caldwell has done to garner so much love on this board. The only thing I can think of is he has size and has played center so people want to pencil him into Myers spot because they hate him so much.

Potential! Chris Myers and Chris White aren't getting any better. So, when you have a 3rd round rookie that looks as good as the vets starting ahead of him, naturally fans are going to gravitate towards the rookie's potential.

Vinny
12-21-2009, 12:20 PM
If any of our tackles get moved inside to guard it will be D.Brown. He's been beaten almost 50 times this year.

I think both of our tackles are overrated by our fans. I don't think they are awful but they are mediocre.

Goldensilence
12-21-2009, 04:04 PM

More prototypical center as opposed to Myers and could probably work out better in a power scheme.

I think Dale summed it up well, it's not so much love as looking for something that has more potential then what some of the guys behind him have shown.

Goatcheese
12-21-2009, 08:25 PM
I think both of our tackles are overrated by our fans. I don't think they are awful but they are mediocre.

I don't think of Winston as a fringe probowler anymore, but I think he's still above average. He's allowed 5 sacks this year, but for only 9 yards lost.

Brown has allowed 8 for 50 yards lost, and is a clear liability on the edge.