PDA

View Full Version : How Some Are Happy I Do Not Know

gary
12-20-2009, 05:03 PM
I mean come on a three point win against the wrost team in the NFL. The Texans are just getting laughed at. AJ and Matt played pitch and catch all game long. They picked on D Rob the whole game. They just played down to the Rams level of play and are very lucky to have won this game. Just no real fire or sparkle with this team it is like alright, we win yay who cares. The Rams should been blown out today peeing and craping in their pants and they were not. Sixteen points is very sad against the Rams I am just being honest here folks. Our team is pretty bad when as are all excited about a three point win over a one win team when the game ended I was thankful of course but then I just laughed, roared and then just shook my head.

powerfuldragon
12-20-2009, 05:06 PM
D Rob's been picked on all season. nothing new there. we won't be able to consistently blow out bad teams until we do something about our running game.

houstonspartan
12-20-2009, 05:07 PM
They clearly did not prepare for this team. They probably thought they didn't have to because it's the Rams. It's kind of like the Oakland game last year. We went in after a big win and took it too easy.

Of course, I'll take the W, but this team still has mucho problemo.

gary
12-20-2009, 05:12 PM
D Rob's been picked on all season. nothing new there. we won't be able to consistently blow out bad teams until we do something about our running game.DRob is not anything new you are right but they were just craping in their boots all game long.

J_R
12-20-2009, 05:14 PM
Yay, we won 2 games in a row!
Yay, we are back to .500!

I mean, what's there not to be happy about?

:sarcasm:

TexCanada
12-20-2009, 05:18 PM
It amazes me that the "no moral victories" crowd, who will say that our losses by 3 points are inexcusable, are largely the same crowd who won't accept a win by 3 points!! Its a freakin win!! Just like when you guys say a loss is a loss, wins work the same way.

Wolf
12-20-2009, 05:24 PM

don't forget

Matt over 4000 yards passing
team record 4th win on the road

:truck:

Mailman
12-20-2009, 05:28 PM
I mean come on a three point win against the wrost team in the NFL. The Texans are just getting laughed at.

They may be getting laughed at, but it's not for this game and if it is, it's by two camps-- the sick-of-it-all Texans fans OR the VY fanboiz.

Nobody is laughing at the Texans for not blowing out the Rams any more than they are laughing at the defending NFC champs for not blowing out the Detroit Lions.

Yes, they played uninspired, sloppy football and were fortunate to get the win...but they won, and that's all that really matters. That is the only thing the rest of the league notices. We gnash our teeth regardless because that is what Texans fans are good at. Just don't mistake your frustration for anyone else's.

J_R
12-20-2009, 05:29 PM
don't forget

Matt over 4000 yards passing
team record 4th win on the road

:truck:

Haha right.

In all seriousness, yeah we won which is good. However, I wont be celebrating or anything like that. It was an ugly win if there was such a thing. You beat a lowly Rams team by 3 points. Nothing to get excited about(even if you did win by 30 points). The mistakes, flaws, etc are still there.

Mailman
12-20-2009, 05:29 PM
It amazes me that the "no moral victories" crowd, who will say that our losses by 3 points are inexcusable, are largely the same crowd who won't accept a win by 3 points!! Its a freakin win!! Just like when you guys say a loss is a loss, wins work the same way.

AFREAKINMEN

treduke
12-20-2009, 05:30 PM
a win is a win
i could only imagine what the boards would be like if they lost
at this point i would be happy with 9-7 while i think change is needed
kubes probably will get one more year

Ghostform
12-20-2009, 05:33 PM
its amazing how ppl get excited over 2 games we are suppose to win easy...this will never make up for the 4 straight division losses. Definately nothing to be proud of these past 2 weeks...

Livid13
12-20-2009, 05:33 PM
I know I'm going to get ostracized about this, so have at it . What in the WORLD are you complaining about ? They WON the freaking game ! It's a road game and sometimes they end up ugly. The point is BEYOND valid about LOSING a game(s) by a field goal. I'll take a win anytime. WHOM in their collective right mind(s) would laugh at the Texans ? Tell me, I want to know. Is there some cadre of NFL fans that live to see the Texans play "ugly", or blow a game at the end. This team isn't NEAR the center of the NFL universe. "Laughed at", give me a break.....

Silver Oak
12-20-2009, 05:38 PM
that win/loss column is way too small to add all the thoughts that fans and critics would want to put in there, but just big enough to place a "W".

Rams came to play, and we made almost enough mistakes to let them get away with a win...key word is almost.

new week...new opponent in the Dolphins.

:fans:

Goldensilence
12-20-2009, 05:39 PM

Oh no we'll take the win, just not too happy about what should've been an easy win over one of the worst teams in the league.

If this was a game vs Miami or N.E this would not have been a win. I just really want to believe that Kubiak will have the team better prepared next week, but I can just never count on it.

sportfan73
12-20-2009, 05:47 PM
who cares if it was by 3 or 30, a win is a win

It's going down as a win in the record book, I think Popovich had a great line last night after the Spurs barely beat the Pacers, "That was a win that you would categorize as an ugly win. But, we don't give them back and we're happy to have this one"

thunderkyss
12-20-2009, 05:47 PM

That's not too bad.

Only the Ravens have moved to 8-6. We're at 7-7 along with Miami, Jacksonvile, NYJets, Tennessee & Pittsburgh.

worldlyman
12-20-2009, 05:50 PM
The Steelers, Super Bowl Champions currently, dropped games to the lowly Browns, Raiders and Chiefs in a stretch, yet the Texans are so-called laughingstocks?

No Texan fan should be thrilled or overjoyed, but to pull out a win in a hostile environment is still something to be happy about. I don't care if the Rams are a 1 win team so far. They're still an NFL team, with a dangerous weapon in Stephen Jackson.

In the hardest hitting division, it's not exactly a shame to lose to the Titans, Jags and Colts in a stretch. The Texans simply need to learn from those and move on.

But "laughingstock?" Why not root for some other team if that's what your perspective has come to?

For pretty much the whole year, how can the Texans be a "laughingstock" when they've contested losses that were 8 points or less (aside from opening day)?

So-called snarky "fans" always moaning about something.

Honoring Earl 34
12-20-2009, 05:55 PM
Gary I look at like being real hungry and going to the only restaurant that's open . You eat a lot and get full but it wasn't really very good . At the end of the day you did get full and you didn't get sick so it's a win .

Heath Shuler
12-20-2009, 06:07 PM
would you rather be this guy?
http://images.chron.com/photos/2009/12/20/19682453/600xPopupGallery.jpg

gtexan02
12-20-2009, 06:18 PM
I thought all that mattered was W's and L's?
We won today

This fan base is the biggest group of complainers I know. Our team just won, and we're already bitching?

MannyFresh
12-20-2009, 06:19 PM
would you rather be this guy?
http://images.chron.com/photos/2009/12/20/19682453/600xPopupGallery.jpg

In a way, we kind of are.

Livid13
12-20-2009, 06:22 PM
We won today

This fan base is the biggest group of complainers I know. Our team just won, and we're already bitching?

THE post of the day.....

Showtime100
12-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Gary I look at like being real hungry and going to the only restaurant that's open . You eat a lot and get full but it wasn't really very good . At the end of the day you did get full and you didn't get sick so it's a win .

This one gets my vote. :worldpeace:

DexmanC
12-20-2009, 06:34 PM
The Steelers, Super Bowl Champions currently, dropped games to the lowly Browns, Raiders and Chiefs in a stretch, yet the Texans are so-called laughingstocks?
(The Texans are called "laughingstocks" because they CONSISTENLY
play down to bad teams. The Texans have had how many winning
seasons?)

No Texan fan should be thrilled or overjoyed, but to pull out a win in a hostile environment is still something to be happy about. I don't care if the Rams are a 1 win team so far. They're still an NFL team, with a dangerous weapon in Stephen Jackson.
(Fair Enough.)

In the hardest hitting division, it's not exactly a shame to lose to the Titans, Jags and Colts in a stretch. The Texans simply need to learn from those and move on.
(The Texans have finished out of last place maybe once or twice. When
are THEY gonna start competing in the division LIKE the Colts, Titans and
Jags do?)

But "laughingstock?" Why not root for some other team if that's what your perspective has come to?
(Again. Each of those teams you've mentioned have finished a season
greater than .500, including those "lowly" Browns. The Seahawks
were in the Superbowl just a handful of years ago. We've finished
greater than .500 how many times now?)

For pretty much the whole year, how can the Texans be a "laughingstock" when they've contested losses that were 8 points or less (aside from opening day)?
(They have yet to turn the corner in EIGHT YEARS. THIS year
was supposed to be "The Year," but with this franchise it's always
"Next Year.)

(We're not snarky. Just tired. But we'll keep watchin' them run in place!)

My comments in Bold.

Goldensilence
12-20-2009, 06:38 PM
We won today

Not complaining as much pointing out if we come out with that kind of intensity or preparedness, or lack of both against the Dolphins or Patriots, we're not going to be as lucky to get a win.

I guess if you're happy scraping by a one win Rams team, by all means, but just food for thought last week the Titans put up 47 on this team. We manage a meager 16.

This game reminds me of a kid coming home late. Are you glad they didn't get hurt, kidnapped, or are in jail? Yes. Are you still mad though? Oh yeah.

DexmanC
12-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Not complaining as much pointing out if we come out with that kind of intensity or preparedness, or lack of both against the Dolphins or Patriots, we're not going to be as lucky to get a win.

I guess if you're happy scraping by a one win Rams team, by all means, but just food for thought last week the Titans put up 47 on this team. We manage a meager 16.

This game reminds me of a kid coming home late. Are you glad they didn't get hurt, kidnapped, or are in jail? Yes. Are you still mad though? Oh yeah.

N.D. Kalu did mention that if they'd played a game like this in Philly, Andy Reed
would accentuate ALL THE NEGATIVE PLAYS in the game. They'd leave that
meeting room feeling like they'd LOST. This encouraged them to focus on
THEIR MISTAKES, and they ended up going to the NFC Title game 4 years
in a row. Kalu said that here in Houston, it's not quite like that. The coaches
show the players the positive plays, and they leave the meeting room feeling
good.

The coaches can't even use a win to focus this team. I KNOW that if
Peyton Manning and the Colts came off a game like this, they'd be
PISSED.

Silver Oak
12-20-2009, 07:36 PM
can you ever recall the Texans being mentioned as playoff contenders this late in the season? long shot, yes...but still nice to see the team when they show the playoff graphics on the screen.

satisfied, heck no...but a small sign of progress IMO.

Vinny
12-20-2009, 07:38 PM
can you ever recall the Texans being mentioned as playoff contenders this late in the season? long shot, yes...but still nice to see the team when they show the playoff graphics on the screen.

satisfied, heck no...but a small sign of progress IMO.its like this nearly every year now.

treduke
12-20-2009, 07:39 PM

i agree it is kinda cool being in that "in the hunt" graphic

Khari
12-20-2009, 07:41 PM
we wonz, i just had a turkey sammich, and i only hafta work 2 days this week........i'm a happy girl :runaway:

TheRealJoker
12-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Knowing this team's history its more likely they play better after a lackluster performance than if they were to blow out a less talented team (see the difference between this week and last week).

Although usually we play our best after we lose a game against a team we were supposed to beat. We didn't lose this game though so who knows how we'll play against Miami...

BattleRedRaider
12-20-2009, 07:43 PM
its like this nearly every year now.

That's what I like to see......CONSISTENCY!

HoustonFrog
12-20-2009, 07:43 PM
We won today

It isn't complaining. You have a 1 in 10000 shot at the playoffs. You have a team that is horrible, has one win and is getting over the swine flu and AGAIN you come out flat, aren't prepared and look like you don't care. And people wonder why there are questions about Kubiak?How hard is that?

As far as the "in the hunt graphic"..maybe a higher goal is needed than just hoping to be mentioned. Therein lies the mentality that gets teams to .500. It amazes me the crap people put up with.

Ugly wins are fine...when you are a team that doesn"t have an identity issue

thunderkyss
12-20-2009, 07:49 PM

truth is that something is happening in the AFC. I don't know what it is just yet.

But either a handful of teams got better, or a handful got worse. or (and most likely) both.

But no one was talking about any 7-7 team in the play off hunt last year.

So I don't think it says anyting about the Texans specifically.

euro-Texan
12-20-2009, 07:52 PM
I need to do a little research and find out if New Orleans was glad they beat the Rams in OVERTIME.

The "Fire Kubiak Club" is wearing on my nerves. They were not really happy when we beat a team we were supposed to beat by a lot last week. I'm sure if we somehow get a wildcard birth, it won't be good enough either. Why don't we put away our childlike soap bars until the season is over and just support our ******** team for the next two weeks!

Honoring Earl 34
12-20-2009, 07:54 PM
we wonz, i just had a turkey sammich, and i only hafta work 2 days this week........i'm a happy girl :runaway:

We wonz and I had spaghetti and meatballs , plus a neighbor brought us cookies ... I'm happy also . :snowday:

Khari
12-20-2009, 07:55 PM
We wonz and I had spaghetti and meatballs , plus a neighbor brought us cookies ... I'm happy also . :snowday:

u could share some of your cookies :kitten:

DexmanC
12-20-2009, 07:56 PM
I need to do a little research and find out if New Orleans was glad they beat the Rams in OVERTIME.

The "Fire Kubiak Club" is wearing on my nerves. They were not really happy when we beat a team we were supposed to beat by a lot last week. I'm sure if we somehow get a wildcard birth, it won't be good enough either. Why don't we put away our childlike soap bars until the season is over and just support our ******** team for the next two weeks!

It's hard to be happy when you take these last two games in the context
of the 2009 season. The reason they've only beaten ONE good team this
year, and less than 10 of them in FOUR years, is because they have yet
to prepare for games like most other teams do. When you don't play bad
every week, and you don't play well every week, what does that get you?

8-8. Keep those excuses coming.

Honoring Earl 34
12-20-2009, 07:58 PM
u could share some of your cookies :kitten:

I'll share my cookies , I ain't stingy . :cookie::cookie:

HoustonFrog
12-20-2009, 08:02 PM

There is nothing childish about wanting a team to come out and play hard from start to finish against an inferior team. It is a simple request when you have never been a winning team. Accepting inferior play and the same issues is like accepting .500 every year. People need a new standard of excellence...not just being average.

Pantherstang84
12-20-2009, 08:08 PM
Oh man. This thread is getting down right hilarious just like last week.

Second Honeymoon
12-20-2009, 08:12 PM
i agree it is kinda cool being in that "in the hunt" graphic

wow. that is some low expectations there.

'at least we weren't mathematically eliminated until Week 16' hoo-freakin-ray

the Texans have learned nothing...they got a win but it rings a little hollow

gary
12-20-2009, 08:12 PM
I don't care about the bashing I knew it was bound to come. Why is everything on this board complaining anyway? They were not into the much. Even though the Tacks have been coming on as of late the Texans still should have scored more. It's called thoughts not complaining before I joined this board I talked sports after a win or loss and just stated how I felt and what I thought the bottom line it wasn't ever considered complaining by anyone. I will take the win no doubt but you all go right ahead and be gaga over a par win to a very sub par team I know what I saw and it is not the way a team gets to the next level period.

Hottoddie
12-20-2009, 08:20 PM
If Houston can manage to knock off Miami next week, it could get real interesting. All the teams fighting for the 2 wild card slots have real tough games next week. Their opponents won't be laying down. So, quit yer' whining & start dreaming. we still have a shot at the playoffs. :fans:

WILD CARD TEAMS

Baltimore (8-6) - at Pittsburgh (fighting for wild card)
Denver (8-6) - at Philadelphia (still fighting for division)

IN THE HUNT

Jacksonville (7-7) - at New England (still fighting for division)
Miami (7-7) - Home against Houston (both fighting for a wild card slot)
New York Jets (7-7) - at Indianapolis (still undefeated & looking to make history)
Pittsburgh (7-7) - Home against Baltimore (still fighting for wild card)
Tennessee (7-7) - Home against San Diego (1 more win & they clinch the bye week)
Houston (7-7) - at Miami (both fighting for a wild card slot)

Vinny
12-20-2009, 08:20 PM
We won today

This fan base is the biggest group of complainers I know. Our team just won, and we're already bitching?you should see how other fan bases react to 8-8 or less seasons, much less perpetual 8-8 or less seasons. It's uglier than this will ever get. We have a real classy and super patient fan base compared to others I've been around.

Showtime100
12-20-2009, 08:29 PM
you should see how other fan bases react to 8-8 or less seasons, much less perpetual 8-8 or less seasons. It's uglier than this will ever get. We have a real classy and super patient fan base compared to others I've been around.

I would agree. As a life-long Houston fan I can remember being happy with .500. The year was 1974, Houston had just come off one....no, two 1-13 seasons and were 2-5 as they went to Cincinnati for another beating. Somehow Houston won that game. By the time Houston played their next game in the Dome they had won a couple more and my dad was so happy about it he took me to that game vs Cincinnati and Houston won that one too. Houston ended up 7-7 and the town was talkin' Oilers all off season.

"Turnaround '74" was a long time ago. Five-hundred just hasn't cut it since.

J_R
12-20-2009, 08:31 PM

Right

There is nothing childish about wanting a team to come out and play hard from start to finish against an inferior team. It is a simple request when you have never been a winning team. Accepting inferior play and the same issues is like accepting .500 every year. People need a new standard of excellence...not just being average.

Right

wow. that is some low expectations there.

'at least we weren't mathematically eliminated until Week 16' hoo-freakin-ray

the Texans have learned nothing...they got a win but it rings a little hollow

Right

I don't care about the bashing I knew it was bound to come. Why is everything on this board complaining anyway? They were not into the much. Even though the Tacks have been coming on as of late the Texans still should have scored more. It's called thoughts not complaining before I joined this board I talked sports after a win or loss and just stated how I felt and what I thought the bottom line it wasn't ever considered complaining by anyone. I will take the win no doubt but you all go right ahead and be gaga over a par win to a very sub par team I know what I saw and it is not the way a team gets to the next level period.

And right.

Are those who are saying these above are complaining saying the play today is acceptable? C'MON MAN!! No way is today's play acceptable. You barely beat a 1 win team. There is nothing to be proud of there. This kind of play wont get you wins against the better teams in the league and wont get you to the next level as Gary(not Kubiak) pointed out. Raise your expectations a little. Sure, you take the win, so will I. However, that doesnt mean all is well and good and we're on our way. There are still mistakes to be corrected and flaws to be fixed all around(players and coaches). I'm still waiting for this team to play 60 minutes of good, consistent football. Is that too much to ask? Well probably of course it is, because there is always next year and next season. :rolleyes:

euro-Texan
12-20-2009, 08:51 PM

So you think the thing that has plagued us for the last 4 years is that we don't prepare correctly? Is that what you really believe? Seriously? Tell me again how to inspire to field goals or injuries. I'm not trying to say everything is rosey and bad desicions haven't been made, but come on. There are two games left, y'all can ***** and moan all you want but it's you who are giving up on your team. They are still out there busting their asses and I choose to support them, from the head coach down. Once the season is over decisions will be made apeople will move, but I want to puke everytime I hear someone say that these guys don't care or they aren't doing everything they can. I seriously doubt they looked past this team. I think Kubes realized he was going against one of the best running backs in the league. We won.

Showtime100
12-20-2009, 08:55 PM
So you think the thing that has plagued us for the last 4 years is that we don't prepare correctly? Is that what you really believe? Seriously? Tell me again how to inspire to field goals or injuries. I'm not trying to say everything is rosey and bad desicions haven't been made, but come on. There are two games left, y'all can ***** and moan all you want but it's you who are giving up on your team. They are still out there busting their asses and I choose to support them, from the head coach down. Once the season is over decisions will be made apeople will move, but I want to puke everytime I hear someone say that these guys don't care or they aren't doing everything they can. I seriously doubt they looked past this team. I think Kubes realized he was going against one of the best running backs in the league. We won.

See, this is where you need you stop. You infer some don't. We all support the Texans as has been said. As long as Kubiak is HC I hope nothing but the best for him, we all do. I just hope next year I wish him well. :barman:

thunderkyss
12-20-2009, 08:57 PM
If Houston can manage to knock off Miami next week, it could get real interesting. All the teams fighting for the 2 wild card slots have real tough games next week. Their opponents won't be laying down. So, quit yer' whining & start dreaming. we still have a shot at the playoffs. :fans:

WILD CARD TEAMS

& nothing is gauranteed for Denver or Baltimore. If they both lose next week, two completely different teams could be sitting in the drivers seat next week.

euro-Texan
12-20-2009, 08:59 PM
See, this is where you need you stop. You infer some don't. We all support the Texans as has been said. As long as Kubiak is HC I hope nothing but the best for him, we all do. I just hope next year I wish him well. :barman:

You have a hell of a way of showing support. That's not much better than hoping your team tanks for a better draft pic.

thunderkyss
12-20-2009, 09:01 PM
You barely beat a 1 win team. There is nothing to be proud of there. :rolleyes:

What's really bad, is that 1 win team didn't even get a full week of practice & their offensive stud was playing with a bad back.

He was doubtful for the game.

Showtime100
12-20-2009, 09:08 PM
You have a hell of a way of showing support. That's not much better than hoping your team tanks for a better draft pic.

That's BS and you know it.

Here you go.

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Emoticons/thcheerleader.gif http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Emoticons/thcheerleader.gif We're mediocre, rah, rah rah!!. http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Emoticons/thcheerleader.gif http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Emoticons/thcheerleader.gif Better now?

CloakNNNdagger
12-20-2009, 09:13 PM
D-Rob was heard to say that his play has suffered greatly ever since he was not allowed to wear his "lucky" shoes.:cry2:

gtexan02
12-20-2009, 09:17 PM
you should see how other fan bases react to 8-8 or less seasons, much less perpetual 8-8 or less seasons. It's uglier than this will ever get. We have a real classy and super patient fan base compared to others I've been around.

And all of those fan bases have had better than 8-8 before and want it back. We've never had a winning season, so all we can do is take some consolation in every win we get this year because it could result in our first non-losing season ever. Does it suck that thats all we have left? Absolutely, but it is what it is.

I realize that we have a patient fan base, but like all fan bases, the knee jerking after every game sometimes gets in the way of the fun that pro sports are supposed to bring. I mean, seriously, no joy at all after our future HOFer puts up 200 yards and we get a win? C'mon, now.

Unless Im mistaken, this thread was about being disappointed after todays win. My comments were never intended to be broadened to being happy with the season so far.

The Texans have never won more games than they've lost. Today, we won a game. I celebrate EVERY win, no matter how ugly, because they are rare and have always been rare as a Texan fan.

We get 17 weeks of football + playoffs a year, and the Texans are only on for 16 of those. Every time they win, I see it as success. Im happy.

Winning begets winning. Everyone who thinks we should tank games to get a new coach or a higher draft pick doesn't remember the loser mentality that permeated thsi club in the 2-14 incident

This thread was titled "How some are happy I do not know"

Well heres how Im happy:
1. The Texans played and won today
2. We are still mathematically in the playoff hunt
3. AJ had almost 200 yards, and was a pleasure to watch

Do I wish we had put up 50+ on them? Yeah, but this is the NFL, and the phrase "any given Sunday" means something to me.
Do I wish we were undefeated and headed for a playoff birth? Yes, but we aren't so I take what victories we have for what they are--progress.

Im sorry that some of you are so serious about this game that you can't see today for what it was. A fun football game that resulted in a hometown WIN and keeping our slim playoff hopes alive.

Its fine to be critical, but theres a point where the criticalness starts to get in the way of enjoying the few wins we get every year

IlliniJen
12-20-2009, 09:17 PM
Where's our trophy for winning this game?

CloakNNNdagger
12-20-2009, 09:19 PM
One of the 610 announcers stated that as professionals, both the Rams and Texans players were playing their hardest..........many were playing for their jobs.

I bet more Rams players wrapped up their 2010 jobs than did the Texans.

houstonspartan
12-20-2009, 09:21 PM

So basically you are saying that if we complain about the team or Gary, we are not real fans. Calling out someone's fanhood is a bit much.

I am a season ticket holder. Are you? If you're not, then you're not a real fan.

See how ridiculus that sounds? We are all fans. We are all happy with the W. But we were disappointed that we came out so flat - against a really bad team, no less.

Why is that so hard for people to understand?

J_R
12-20-2009, 09:22 PM
What's really bad, is that 1 win team didn't even get a full week of practice & their offensive stud was playing with a bad back.

He was doubtful for the game.

Hey, dont put my smiley in the wrong place! ;)

But yes, you are right.

gtexan02
12-20-2009, 09:23 PM
So basically you are saying that if we complain about the team or Gary, we are not real fans. Calling out someone's fanhood is a bit much.

I am a season ticket holder. Are you? If you're not, then you're not a real fan.

See how ridiculus that sounds? We are all fans. We are all happy with the W. But we were disappointed that we came out so flat - against a really bad team, no less.

Why is that so hard for people to understand?

Did you read the thread? Definitely not everyone is happy we won

mariowillshine15
12-20-2009, 09:24 PM

WILD CARD TEAMS

IN THE HUNT

Jacksonville (7-7) - at New England (still fighting for division)
Miami (7-7) - Home against Houston (both fighting for a wild card slot)
New York Jets (7-7) - at Indianapolis (still undefeated & looking to make history)
Pittsburgh (7-7) - Home against Baltimore (still fighting for wild card)
Tennessee (7-7) - Home against San Diego (1 more win & they clinch the bye week)
Houston (7-7) - at Miami (both fighting for a wild card slot)

There's also the scenario that someone here pointed out that if Cinci loses their last 2 and Baltimore wins there 2 we'd be tied with Cinci and would win the head to head tiebreaker.

We have some chances we just have to take care of business and hope other teams dont take care of theirs.

houstonspartan
12-20-2009, 09:25 PM
Did you read the thread? Definitely not everyone is happy we won

No, did YOU read it. Everyone has said that we're pretty much happy with the W, but unhappy with the sloppiness. No one here wanted us to lose.

Jesus, people.

gtexan02
12-20-2009, 09:27 PM
No, did YOU read it. Everyone has said that we're pretty much happy with the W, but unhappy with the sloppiness. No one here wanted us to lose.

Jesus, people.

When did I say people wanted us to lose?
All I said is that some people weren't happy with a win. The thread is Titled "How some are happy I do not konw"

My answer is "We won"

thats it.

There seems to be a permeating feeling that if we don't play up to whatever expectation people have set, that its a disappointing sunday no matter the outcome. Obviously people don't want to lose, but its something different entirely to be happy with a win. I really believe that there are some people on here who found no happiness today, even though we won

Vinny
12-20-2009, 09:31 PM
When did I say people wanted us to lose?
All I said is that some people weren't happy with a win. The thread is Titled "How some are happy I do not konw"

My answer is "We won"

thats it.

There seems to be a permeating feeling that if we don't play up to whatever expectation people have set, that its a disappointing sunday no matter the outcome. Obviously people don't want to lose, but its something different entirely to be happy with a win. I really believe that there are some people on here who found no happiness today, even though we wonI think people are just unhappy about how irrelevant the Texans are on the National landscape. For the 3rd year in a row the team is winning when it really doesn't matter and I think the fans are tired of most of the league enjoying their teams play in games that matter year in, year out. To me most of the reaction is a general reaction to a much larger playoff picture that we do not control, once again. All we can do is hope other teams fail as miserably as we did when it counts the most for them.

mussop
12-20-2009, 09:33 PM

No one (that I know) has givin up on the team. We gave up on the Coach. Thats the thing we (the fire Kubiak group) think this team has the talent and is capable of performimg better and more consistently than Kubiak has them playing.

To us its not unrealitic that a coach who is a better game manager, motivator, personell manager and better at in game adjustments could take what talent this team currently has (even with the injuries) and do more with it. We have had enough of the excuses and want to move forward and take the next step. Thats a big difference from giving up on this team.

GP
12-20-2009, 09:39 PM
I was just "indifferent" about today's game.

I had some crappy chores to complete around the house today, and at halftime I began those chores...leaving the TV and feeling utterly apathetic towards even trying to check on the score.

I came back to the TV after finishing the chores and it had already gone to the Titans/Dolphins game.

I learned that we had won by seeing the score updates scroll across the bottom of the TV screen. I saw it was 16-13, and I literally LAUGHED OUT LOUD.

16-13.

What a freaking joke.

I feel the same way right now that I would have felt had it been 16-13 in favor of the Rams: "Meh." We're hoping the next two weeks provides our team with two straight wins and several combinations of losses and wins by about 4 or 5 other matchups each week.

It already feels like the off-season from where I'm sitting.

IlliniJen
12-20-2009, 09:49 PM
I mean come on a three point win against the wrost team in the NFL. The Texans are just getting laughed at. AJ and Matt played pitch and catch all game long. They picked on D Rob the whole game. They just played down to the Rams level of play and are very lucky to have won this game. Just no real fire or sparkle with this team it is like alright, we win yay who cares. The Rams should been blown out today peeing and craping in their pants and they were not. Sixteen points is very sad against the Rams I am just being honest here folks. Our team is pretty bad when as are all excited about a three point win over a one win team when the game ended I was thankful of course but then I just laughed, roared and then just shook my head.

You know what, Gary? The issue with this win is that it is indicative of the issues that have faced the Texans all season. These same issues have COST the Texans wins and a shot at the playoffs.

There are people who say "a win is a win is a win," but that's only for right now. The manner in which this game was played, prepared for and coached is troubling. It's just more of the same that has seemingly defined this season. Playing down to your opponents is dangerous and points to a larger issue of mentality and attitude. You can NEVER underestimate any team in this league, and the Texans have to play every game at a high standard. Playing down to the Rams is an attitude that comes from the top. No way can you overlook that game today, but the Texans seemed to do so. They come out flat in these "trap" games (see Oakland last season) and perform like you'd expect an unprepared team to do: poorly.

There is nothing wrong with expecting more from your team, even if they get a win. This win should scare people today, as these types of games have happened before and will happen again if changes aren't made.

When you come into a contest thinking you're facing a mediocre opponent, you're going to get a mediocre effort if you've got the type of mentality that plagues this team.

Goatcheese
12-20-2009, 09:51 PM
Some of you are getting rediculous.

This game wasn't some miserable performance where they went out and couldn't do anything. They had all of 2 punts, and held their opponent to 261 yards of offense.

A few players screwed the rest of the team.

Foster dropped the rock on the opening drive as the Texans marched down the field 60 yards in 8 plays.

-3 to -7 points

Brown missed another field goal

-3 points

Dreesen dropped a sure TD and we had to settle for a field goal

-4 points

Other than those bad plays they had a solid game, moved the ball well, and got plenty of stops on defense.

Lucky
12-20-2009, 10:00 PM
This current regime has had 4 years. What are thy going to learn in year 5 that's going to make a difference?

We won today
I agree. It is about scoreboard. Which is why when the season to date is looked back upon, so many are disappointed.

We've already played the "If" game to death. So what if the Texans lost at home on MNF? If they go 6-0 the rest of they way, they're in the playoffs. So what if the Texans choked on a big lead versus the Colts. If they go 5-0 the rest of the way, they still have a shot at the playoffs. So what if the Texans lost to the Jags, if...

If the Texans do go 2-0 over the next couple of weeks, maybe some of the soapers will change their tune. And stop complaining about sloppy, uninspired football. If. Until then, there's not a damn thing about the Houston Texans to be happy about.

can you ever recall the Texans being mentioned as playoff contenders this late in the season?
Mentioned as in, "And the Texans have to win out while everyone else loses."

The Texans won today, but still somehow managed to go from 11th in the AFC to 12th (http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=conf). Go Texans.

I think people are just unhappy about how irrelevant the Texans are on the National landscape. For the 3rd year in a row the team is winning when it really doesn't matter and I think the fans are tired of most of the league enjoying their teams play in games that matter year in, year out. To me most of the reaction is a general reaction to a much larger playoff picture that we do not control, once again. All we can do is hope other teams fail as miserably as we did when it counts the most for them.
Guess I should have just read the entire thread before responding. What he said. Must spread rep yada yada...

utahmark
12-20-2009, 10:01 PM
i love it. if we lose a close game it does'nt matter how well we played, how close we were, or how many bad breaks we had. the only thing that matters is wins and losses. yet the same people come in here after a win and complain that it was'nt convincing enough.

TheRealJoker
12-20-2009, 10:02 PM
This is the 8th worst feeling I have had after a Texans game this season... :)

CloakNNNdagger
12-20-2009, 10:03 PM

This game wasn't some miserable performance where they went out and couldn't do anything. They had all of 2 punts, and held their opponent to 261 yards of offense.

Foster dropped the rock on the opening drive as the Texans marched down the field 60 yards in 8 plays.

-3 to -7 points

-3 points

-4 points

Other than those bad plays they had a solid game, moved the ball well, and got plenty of stops on defense.

This has gotten very old. A variation of this could unfortunately be said for almost every game that we have played......................"Besides that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the theatre?"

Goatcheese
12-20-2009, 10:06 PM
This has gotten very old. A variation of this could unfortunately be said for almost every game that we have played......................"Besides that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the theatre?"

What's gotten old is the whiners.

Lucky
12-20-2009, 10:10 PM
the only thing that matters is wins and losses.
The only thing that matters is wins and losses. It's the previous losses compiled which makes this win virtually meaningless. The 4 consecutive AFC South losses made this garbage time. It's hard to get real excited when your team is in garbage time.

utahmark
12-20-2009, 10:13 PM
The only thing that matters is wins and losses. It's the previous losses compiled which makes this win virtually meaningless. The 4 consecutive AFC South losses made this garbage time. It's hard to get real excited when your team is in garbage time.

i'm not that excited. i'm not complaining about a win either.

steelbtexan
12-20-2009, 10:14 PM
It's about win/loss record.

However seeing an unprepared,unmotivated team making the same mistakes game after game, year after year is getting a bit disconcerting.

There needs to be some major changes in the way the Texans go about there business. Regardless of wether Kubes stays or is fired.

DexmanC
12-20-2009, 10:17 PM

If you take into account where "Doo-Doo" Brown fumbled at the 1-yardline
in Jacksonville, the Texans have actually lost FIVE straight division games.
Their only win in the AFC South was the first one at Tennessee. 12 weeks
later, Tennessee is laughing at US.

Watching the highlights on NFL Network, the Texans are a joke. When
they were reviewing the game, one of the commentators said, "That's
normally where the Texans do their best work, when the playoffs are out
of the picture." THIS is why the "whiners" are pissed. Maybe you're
comfortable with the constant underachieving this head coach has
led this squad to.

"Wins and losses are all that matter."

To bad we have not enough wins, and too many losses to matter in 2009.

CloakNNNdagger
12-20-2009, 10:20 PM
Our OL have basically looked like light-weight Twinkies..............they've got to be about the physically weakest OL in the NFL...............They need help desparately.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/nursetpd/TSB/Tebow_looks_Terrific.jpg

worldlyman
12-20-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by worldlyman View Post
(The Texans are called "laughingstocks" because they CONSISTENLY
play down to bad teams. The Texans have had how many winning
seasons?)

(Fair Enough.)

(The Texans have finished out of last place maybe once or twice. When
are THEY gonna start competing in the division LIKE the Colts, Titans and
Jags do?)

(Again. Each of those teams you've mentioned have finished a season
greater than .500, including those "lowly" Browns. The Seahawks
were in the Superbowl just a handful of years ago. We've finished
greater than .500 how many times now?)

(They have yet to turn the corner in EIGHT YEARS. THIS year
was supposed to be "The Year," but with this franchise it's always
"Next Year.)

(We're not snarky. Just tired. But we'll keep watchin' them run in place!)

My comments in Bold.

Let's leave the discussion for this season, Dexman. After all, sports is about "what have you done lately", eh?

In 2009, the Pittsburgh Steelers, defending champs, have blown some games against really bad teams. Like 3 of them. There's really no getting around that. Statistically, that rarely happens to defending champs. And the Steelers are still a team with a potent offense, had it going at 6-2 at the midpoint. But losing to the lowly Browns, Chiefs and Raiders...that's pretty bad.

The Texans have won the games they really were supposed to win (Rams, Bills, Raiders, Seahawks and 49ers). But against the Colts, no way when no one else has beaten them. Resurgent Titans in the 2nd meeting, Cardinals, and fairly tough Jags were toss ups, realistically.

Like I said, the Texans simply have to load up, get healthy and make a couple last second field goals. The Texans were in position to tie those lost games against their AFC South rivals this year.

But it is rather silly to complain about a win in the freaking NFL where anything can happen on a given Sunday. I still laugh at the negative morons WHO STILL COMPLAINED about a Texans 34-7 win over a Seahawks team last week!

See, people will will ***** and moan. Whether the Texans win by blowout at home or win a squeaker on the road...what's the use. The Negative Nancies will still moan and *****.

You can complain about the WHOPPING eight years the Texans have been in existence (by all rights, this is a current staff and different direction coming from 2006) but all I see is a Texans team that:

1) has now a 4,000 yd passer in franchise history.

2) achieved a landmark 5-3 mark at midpoint before a Colts 2-times-in-3-weeks barrier pretty much poured on some rain...and that doesn't diminish what the Texans had accomplished. They're simply not better than the Colts at this point. But remember they smacked Indy a few good times before going down this year! Years past, all the Colts had to do was throw their helmets on the field.

3) now has a defense in the top 15 for the first time in franchise history, or at least in the Kubiak era.

4) is STILL playing in games that will affect the outcome of the AFC Wild Card race...first time ever the Texans have been in relevant contests in mid-December!

So it is definitely NOT the same old Texans heading into next year.

So if you want the same ol', same ol' mindset...then simply jump off the bandwagon.

I see a Texans team that is going to take the next step next year. My expectations for this team this season were realistic (7-9 to 9-7), considering all the question marks from last year...but no one can deny the tangible improvements I just spelled out.

imatexan
12-20-2009, 10:24 PM
I can't even begin to start responding to this thread.

The question should be:

How could someone be unhappy with a Texans WIN that keeps them alive in the playoff race!?

thunderkyss
12-20-2009, 10:29 PM
Playing down to your opponents is dangerous and points to a larger issue of mentality and attitude.

Playing down to the Rams is an attitude that comes from the top.

Did we play down to the Rams, or did the Rams play up to the Texans?

If I'm the Rams, this would have been a "should win" game for them, after all, two back to back 8-8 seasons, it's not like we're the Colts or anything. All week long, I'd be telling my team mates, "we will not lose this game."

We put up over 400 yards of offense, and only gave up 237. & Chris brown made 3 field goals. True we struggled translating those yards into points.

I'm not saying we played a great game. Definitely not saying we didn't make some mistakes.... that we shouldn't have.

But the Rams looked better than what I expected.

Mailman
12-20-2009, 10:29 PM
Reading this thread makes me really dislike this place right now. Did any of you just watch the buttpounding the Vikings took against the Carolina Panthers and Matt Moore? Or the Broncos losing to the lowly Raiders? Or the Cards doing their best to keep the Lions in a game that should've been over at halftime?

You guys are a bunch of whiny ****ing titty babies bitching incessantly about things out of your control.

"Waaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!! It's UNACCEPTABLE!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!! Somebody's gotta pay for this mediocrity!!!"

Or what, exactly? Hahaha.

Fine. Don't watch them play. Don't buy any merchandise. Don't email KEYE. And don't go to any games, but please just give it a rest already. We get it, you think the Texans suck. Guess what? Other fans in other cities actually don't think they're nearly as terrible as you do. You know, the ones who aren't conditioned to reflexively ***** every time the Houston Texans don't play up to your expectations.

If I wanted to subject myself to petulant rantings directed at Houston's only pro football franchise, I'd hang out at that Shaggy Bevo ****hole.

worldlyman
12-20-2009, 10:32 PM
I can't even begin to start responding to this thread.

The question should be:

How could someone be unhappy with a Texans WIN that keeps them alive in the playoff race!?

Indeed. The Texans are STILL PLAYING RELEVANT GAMES in mid-December as they are still alive yet some sourpusses are complaining about the Texans' victory style points!

The Texans are still in the race. Especially if the Ravens beat the Steelers, Chargers beat the Titans, Colts beat the Jets among other favorable scenarios and Houston takes care of business...it's still there!

DexmanC
12-20-2009, 10:36 PM
Reading this thread makes me really dislike this place right now. Did any of you just watch the buttpounding the Vikings took against the Carolina Panthers and Matt Moore? Or the Broncos losing to the lowly Raiders? Or the Cards doing their best to keep the Lions in a game that should've been over at halftime?

You guys are a bunch of whiny ****ing titty babies bitching incessantly about things out of your control.

"Waaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!! It's UNACCEPTABLE!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!! Somebody's gotta pay for this mediocrity!!!"

Or what, exactly? Hahaha.

Fine. Don't watch them play. Don't buy any merchandise. Don't email KEYE. And don't go to any games, but please just give it a rest already. We get it, you think the Texans suck. Guess what? Other fans don't. You know, the ones who aren't conditioned to reflexively ***** every time the Houston Texans don't play up to your expectations.

Neither of those two teams lost FIVE STRAIGHT division games, and are
only viable in the playoff race by a TI-87 calculator. They lost a game,
but still control their own destinies. You know, like the Texans did when
they were 5-3? They won today WOO HOO!! Break out the Battle Red
Kool-Aid! But they are 7-7 for no good reason at all!

If you want to be a pollyanna, and not talk about the SEASON, fine. They
won against the worst team in the NFL by 3 points. WHOO HOO!!!
All I see is a team that is 7-7 by consistently coming out flat to dang
near every good team they've faced this season. Do I expect them to
win at Miami next week? No, I don't. That seems when this team plays
best, when people don't expect them to win. You'll NEVER get to postseason
by beating up on crappy teams, and playing sloppy against good teams.

We "whiners" want postseason. As Lesbian Craig said on the radio last
week..

"8-8 AIN'T CUTE ANYMORE!!"

mussop
12-20-2009, 10:43 PM
Let's leave the discussion for this season, Dexman. After all, sports is about "what have you done lately", eh?

In 2009, the Pittsburgh Steelers, defending champs, have blown some games against really bad teams. Like 3 of them. There's really no getting around that. Statistically, that rarely happens to defending champs. And the Steelers are still a team with a potent offense, had it going at 6-2 at the midpoint. But losing to the lowly Browns, Chiefs and Raiders...that's pretty bad.

The Texans have won the games they really were supposed to win (Rams, Bills, Raiders, Seahawks and 49ers). But against the Colts, no way when no one else has beaten them. Resurgent Titans in the 2nd meeting, Cardinals, and fairly tough Jags were toss ups, realistically.

Like I said, the Texans simply have to load up, get healthy and make a couple last second field goals. The Texans were in position to tie those lost games against their AFC South rivals this year.

But it is rather silly to complain about a win in the freaking NFL where anything can happen on a given Sunday. I still laugh at the negative morons WHO STILL COMPLAINED about a Texans 34-7 win over a Seahawks team last week!

See, people will will ***** and moan. Whether the Texans win by blowout at home or win a squeaker on the road...what's the use. The Negative Nancies will still moan and *****.

You can complain about the WHOPPING eight years the Texans have been in existence (by all rights, this is a current staff and different direction coming from 2006) but all I see is a Texans team that:

1) has now a 4,000 yd passer in franchise history

2) achieved a landmark 5-3 mark at midpoint before a Colts 2-times-in-3-weeks barrier pretty much poured on some rain...and that doesn't diminish what the Texans had accomplished. They're simply not better than the Colts at this point. But remember they smacked Indy a few good times before going down this year! Years past, all the Colts had to do was throw their helmets on the field.

3) now has a defense in the top 15 for the first time in franchise history, or at least in the Kubiak era.

So it is definitely NOT the same old Texans heading into next year.
So if you want the same ol', same ol' mindset...then simply jump off the bandwagon.

I see a Texans team that is going to take the next step next year. My expectations for this team this season were realistic (7-9 to 9-7), considering all the question marks from last year...but no one can deny the tangible improvements I just spelled out.

The prolem is that its the same old Kubiak heading into next year. A coach that hasnt proved anything in 4 years.

This team is just as or more incosistent than last year. While they have improved stats wise they still cant play solid football for 60 minutes. What happened today or at any point this year to make you think its going to be different next year? In each of the last 3 years we have added more talent and each year has had the same result. One minute we look great the next we are in a dogfight with a what is probably the least talented team in the NFL.

worldlyman
12-20-2009, 10:43 PM
Neither of those two teams lost FIVE STRAIGHT division games, and are
only viable in the playoff race by a TI-87 calculator. They lost a game,
but still control their own destinies. You know, like the Texans did when
they were 5-3? They won today WOO HOO!! Break out the Battle Red
Kool-Aid! But they are 7-7 for no good reason at all!

If you want to be a pollyanna, and not talk about the SEASON, fine. They
won against the worst team in the NFL by 3 points. WHOO HOO!!!
All I see is a team that is 7-7 by consistently coming out flat to dang
near every good team they've faced this season. Do I expect them to
win at Miami next week? No, I don't. That seems when this team plays
best, when people don't expect them to win. You'll NEVER get to postseason
by beating up on crappy teams, and playing sloppy against good teams.

We "whiners" want postseason. As Lesbian Craig said on the radio last
week..

"8-8 AIN'T CUTE ANYMORE!!"

Like it's been said, dude. The Texans won a tough game in St. Louis that keeps them alive. When have the Texans ever still been alive for a playoff spot in mid-December?

The point is, the Vikings could really have used that win in Carolina in order to catch up to the Saints for HFA. But they choked to a bad, bad team they should have blown out. It's the NFL, bud. Anything happens on any given Sunday.

The Texans beat the Rams. Period. End of story. Next game...

Lucky
12-20-2009, 10:44 PM
Did any of you just watch the buttpounding the Vikings took against the Carolina Panthers and Matt Moore?
Clinching the division probably takes some of the sting out of this loss, don't ya think?

Fine. Don't watch them play. Don't buy any merchandise. Don't email KEYE. And don't go to any games, but please just give it a rest already.
Nah. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. But, you can "lay back and enjoy it", as Bobby Knight might say.

I'm watching the Channel 13 Inside the Texans show, and the Texan players are blaming the lack of fans in St. Louis for their weak play. Good lord.

houstonspartan
12-20-2009, 10:50 PM
What's weird about this team is that when they click, THEY CLICK. I mean, they are unstoppable. This can actually be an exciting team to watch. Clearly, the talent is there.

worldlyman
12-20-2009, 10:51 PM
The prolem is that its the same old Kubiak heading into next year. A coach that hasnt proved anything in 4 years.

This team is just as or more incosistent than last year. While they have improved stats wise they still cant play solid football for 60 minutes. What happened today or at any point this year to make you think its going to be different next year? In each of the last 3 years we have added more talent and each year has had the same result. One minute we look great the next we are in a dogfight with a what is probably the least talented team in the NFL.

Kubiak didn't miss two game tying field goals, or fumble at the end zone in game-waning moments.

He's had this team competing all year save for Opening Day.

The Texans were 5-3 and this curse word called C-O-L-T-S happened. Two times in three weeks. Jags and Titans were just the cherry on top... tough cherries, I might add.

But I'm not going to want Kubiak fired over them. It's not easy to win some games when a stud tight end is gone for the season, a stud tight end that affected the field dynamics for sure.

Why won't it be different next year? Their tangible and DRAMATIC improvement in many questioned areas, despite said inconsistencies, certainly points to a playoff possibility next season. The Colts are bound to slip. I don't see the Jags being all that next season...though the AFC South in general has been hard hitting the past few seasons.

worldlyman
12-20-2009, 10:54 PM
Clinching the division probably takes some of the sting out of this loss, don't ya think?

Nah. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing. But, you can "lay back and enjoy it", as Bobby Knight might say.

I'm watching the Channel 13 Inside the Texans show, and the Texan players are blaming the lack of fans in St. Louis for their weak play. Good lord.

I'm pretty sure the Vikings would like to have kept up with or overtaken the Saints for HFA. And those lowly Panthers stopped them from that tonight.

But the lowly Rams couldn't stop the Texans from staying alive for a Wild Card at this time.

J_R
12-20-2009, 10:55 PM
Yup, coaches coach and players play. However, the coaches do keep sending out Chris Brown when he isnt the best back, let alone the 2nd best back. They do keep sending out Kris Brown, despite missing FGs left and right the past few weeks.(Not to mention, they refuse to bring any other kicker in for a "tryout" or competition). Dunta continues to get burned week after week, but they feel they need to continue to play him. I guess because he is their "franchise" player?

And Colts are bound to slip? Says who? Is Peyton retiring? Many said they were going to slip this year. New coach, new DC, they were going to have a "off" year from their standards. Dungy was gone. Guess not.

Lucky
12-20-2009, 10:55 PM
Their tangible and DRAMATIC improvement in many questioned areas, despite said inconsistencies, certainly points to a playoff possibility next season.
How many times have we heard this one? Hell, I used to say it.

thunderkyss
12-20-2009, 10:58 PM
Guess what? Other fans in other cities actually don't think they're nearly as terrible as you do. You know, the ones who aren't conditioned to reflexively ***** every time the Houston Texans don't play up to your expectations.

You know. I'm still excited that we might actually have a winning season. & I'm thrilled with the possibility that we might sneak into a play-off berth.

But it hurt, when Rich Eisen said, "We'll show you the Texans & Rams... because we have to."

Showtime100
12-20-2009, 11:00 PM

Lack of Houston fans? Are you saying they are blaming Houston fans for their play? All due respect and no offense intended, but did you hear that right? If so I think I've heard it all. (goes to abc13.com)

J_R
12-20-2009, 11:01 PM
Let me add my one positive thing to this thread: Our first dome win under the Gary Kubiak era! Go celebrate!!:smiliedance:

J_R
12-20-2009, 11:03 PM
Lack of Houston fans? Are you saying they are blaming Houston fans for their play? All due respect and no offense intended, but did you hear that right? If so I think I've heard it all. (goes to abc13.com)

I dont think Houston fans but I heard on the postgame show on 610, I think it was A. Smith that said because it was so quiet there and wasnt really anyone in the stands that it was hard for them to get fired up or something along those lines. I'll see if I can find the audio.

dtran04
12-20-2009, 11:04 PM
The real question is: is there ANYTHING that would make the whiners happy? I'm thinkin the only thing is a Kubiak firing. Other than that, there will be negative threads and posts everyday until that day. Just come to accept it.

Showtime100
12-20-2009, 11:05 PM
I dont think Houston fans but I heard on the postgame show on 610, I think it was A. Smith that said because it was so quiet there and wasnt really anyone in the stands that it was hard for them to get fired up or something along those lines. I'll see if I can find the audio.

Cool, thanks. Even if THAT'S true I find it disturbing.

Lucky
12-20-2009, 11:05 PM
I'm thinkin the only thing is a Kubiak firing.
I'm think you're right. I can sleep good tonight, dreaming of that presser.

Lucky
12-20-2009, 11:08 PM
No, that there were so few people who attended the game. A quiet atmosphere made the the Texans jump offsides, fumble, and drop passes.

worldlyman
12-20-2009, 11:10 PM
How many times have we heard this one? Hell, I used to say it.

All I see are so-called fans who gripe profusely yet be sparse with positive recommendations on how to further improve the team other than "FIRE HIM, AND FIRE HIM and FIRE HIM and HIM and HIM."

Signs do point, optimistically, for this team next year.

I had this team pegged at 7-9 to 9-7 when this season began.

What exactly were your expectations, since they seem more optimistic than mine. 13-3? 12-4? And when that didn't happen, it's all that "how many times have we heard this one" mindset?

As stated, the tangible improvements on the field do provide an impetus for a BETTER result next season.

And...the Texans are still alive for the playoffs. Yet we have all this fluff. It's amazing how the sourpusses are spouting as if the Texans lost the crucial Rams game.

thunderkyss
12-20-2009, 11:11 PM
Why won't it be different next year? Their tangible and DRAMATIC improvement in many questioned areas, despite said inconsistencies, certainly points to a playoff possibility next season.

Did you hear Kubiak say we were top ten in red zone efficiency? I bet he pulled that out of his arse.

Showtime100
12-20-2009, 11:13 PM
No, that there were so few people who attended the game. A quiet atmosphere made the the Texans jump offsides, fumble, and drop passes.

Yeah, thanks.

I did catch this little tidbit while looking around over there. Thought it was worth a chuckle...

TALENT WASTED

Feels silly to say the Texans have the talent they need to be a playoff team, but it's true. What they don't have is what it takes between the ears, and today, that includes the head coach. Gary Kubiak is a good man, a good coach, a bright man, but today he blew it. Chris Brown throwing a halfback pass inside the Jacksonville 10 when the game could still be won, only to have it intercepted, is inexcusable. It also shows a lack of faith in his team when it matters most. If you believe in your guys, you do what you do best and Chris Brown throwing the football shouldn't even be on the playlist. In addition, Kubiak may have forced Bob McNair's hand. The Texans owner doesn't want to fire Gary but you can't continue watching your talent wasted and your fans losing what faith they have left.

Tim Melton 12/6

J_R
12-20-2009, 11:16 PM
Audio of Antonio Smith:

http://www.sportsradio610.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=4244935

"They were like...uhhh and we were like...uhhh"

IlliniJen
12-20-2009, 11:17 PM
Did we play down to the Rams, or did the Rams play up to the Texans?

If I'm the Rams, this would have been a "should win" game for them, after all, two back to back 8-8 seasons, it's not like we're the Colts or anything. All week long, I'd be telling my team mates, "we will not lose this game."

We put up over 400 yards of offense, and only gave up 237. & Chris brown made 3 field goals. True we struggled translating those yards into points.

I'm not saying we played a great game. Definitely not saying we didn't make some mistakes.... that we shouldn't have.

But the Rams looked better than what I expected.

You can cite the stats from this game all you want, but 400+ yards of total offense doesn't relate the fact that inside the red zone, the coaches' collective sphincters close up tighter than Porky's in a Turkish bathhouse. They feed Chris Brown the ball and use their best playmaker as a decoy? Does that make any sense in the universe? If moving the ball between the 20s was the point of the game, we'd be champs.

You have to give credit to Schaub and AJ for putting the team in a good position to put points up on the board, but the clenching up in the RZ is a hard pill to swallow.

Showtime100
12-20-2009, 11:17 PM
All I see are so-called fans who gripe profusely yet be sparse with positive recommendations on how to further improve the team other than "FIRE HIM, AND FIRE HIM and FIRE HIM and HIM and HIM."

What exactly were your expectations, since they seem more optimistic than mine. 13-3? 12-4? And when that didn't happen, it's all that "how many times have we heard this one" mindset?

As stated, the tangible improvements on the field do provide an impetus for a BETTER result next season.

And...the Texans are still alive for the playoffs. Yet we have all this fluff. It's amazing how the sourpusses are spouting as if the Texans lost the crucial Rams game.

The "so-called fans" talk is what is getting old. I, for one, think this place gets a little interesting when us real diehard fans split so evenly on a topic. It make for great discussion.

Lucky
12-20-2009, 11:19 PM
Well, if you had them pegged, that's great. I have them pegged for 2010, if Kubiak is in charge. A big, fat fail. Because that's what we have gotten in 4 seasons.

Wasn't it said that the Texans late season run in 2008 setup a playoff season in 2009? Wasn't it said that the Texans late season run in 2007 setup a playoff season in 2008? Wasn't it said that the Texans late season run in 2006 setup a playoff season in 2007?

Like I said, I've heard it before.

Showtime100
12-20-2009, 11:21 PM
Audio of Antonio Smith:

http://www.sportsradio610.com/topic/play_window.php?audioType=Episode&audioId=4244935

"They were like...uhhh and we were like...uhhh"

Appreciate that, I owe you one. :)

Norg
12-20-2009, 11:26 PM
uhh the rams are not a push over team iam sorry this is a team who almost beat the previous undeafted Saints

took the Jags who swept us to OT !!!!!

I dont care what yall say in a few years the rams will be legit

anywayz did yall see there stadinum in the 1st half that was scary i NEVER wanna see our home games like that NEVER i dont care if we have another 2-14 season I hope that neve happens to us

imatexan
12-20-2009, 11:27 PM
Well, if you had them pegged, that's great. I have them pegged for 2010, if Kubiak is in charge. A big, fat fail. Because that's what we have gotten in 4 seasons.

Wasn't it said that the Texans late season run in 2008 setup a playoff season in 2009? Wasn't it said that the Texans late season run in 2007 setup a playoff season in 2008? Wasn't it said that the Texans late season run in 2006 setup a playoff season in 2007?

Like I said, I've heard it before.

If the past 4 seasons have been a fail to you then there is nothing any of us can tell you because you plain just don't know football.

houstonspartan
12-20-2009, 11:28 PM

So-called fans my ass. I am a season ticket holder, my friend. I am a fan. A big one. That doesn't mean I can't point out things that are wrong with the team.

mussop
12-21-2009, 12:34 AM
Kubiak didn't miss two game tying field goals, or fumble at the end zone in game-waning moments.

Rough!!!!! When does that no longer become a legitamate excuse? After 2 years? 3? If the same thing is happenning next year is Kubiak still innocent of fault?

He's had this team competing all year save for Opening Day.

Do you really think he is the reason the players go out and play hard? These guys want to win as much as we want them too. Besides its not about their intensity level, its about their inconsistency. This is the most inconsistent team I have ever seen. That is a reflection of coaching. I dont want to hear crap about injuries either. Every team goes through injuries that excuse only goes so far. Kubiak is sub par in every major aspect of coaching, Game planning, game management and personell decisions are his achillies heal. If he had improved in any of those areas over the last 4 years this teams playoff hopes wouldnt be in someone elses hands. The talent is here it just needs better direction.

The Texans were 5-3 and this curse word called C-O-L-T-S happened. Two times in three weeks. Jags and Titans were just the cherry on top... tough cherries, I might add.

You do realize unless we can compete in our own division we might as well not even think of the playoffs right? 1 and 5 in our division with the only win coming against a struggling Titans team.

But I'm not going to want Kubiak fired over them. It's not easy to win some games when a stud tight end is gone for the season, a stud tight end that affected the field dynamics for sure.

Oh there it is, the EXCUSE! If OD was the reason we lost those 4 games in a row what happened the last 2 weeks? Even in the games we lost the offense had spurts of excellent play. That shows they are capable of doing it without OD. Injuries happen. A good coach knows how to make adjustments and work around that kind of situation.

Kubiak starts Chriss Brown and throws half back passes and throws balls in the endzone to everyone but our best player AJ. When he finally decides to make Johnson the focal point we take off. Too bad we had to loose four games in a row for him to figure it out. Now one week later he feeds AJ the ball and its working great and moving the chains so what does he do when we get in the redzone? Tries to run up the middle (our biggest weakness) then pass to our backup TE.

That is how Kubiak coaches. He doesnt pay attention to the situation. He puts the ball in the wrong players hands at the wrong time. Its as if he doesnt even consider whos playing the postion he intends the ball to go to. You have to get the ball in your best players hands when it matters the most.

Its been four years and he still hasnt figured that out yet. So you see its not the players faults for making mistakes at criticle times costing the team, its Kubiaks for putting the ball the wrong players hands in those situations.

Until I see Kubiak stop making the same mistakes over and over you'll never convince me he is a good coach. Im not falling for the excuses.

Why won't it be different next year? Their tangible and DRAMATIC improvement in many questioned areas, despite said inconsistencies, certainly points to a playoff possibility next season. The Colts are bound to slip. I don't see the Jags being all that next season...though the AFC South in general has been hard hitting the past few seasons.

Thats what everyone said last year. And why didnt those tangible and DRAMATIC improvement in many questioned areas help us get a better record this year? I'll tell you why, Kubiak. He just doesnt have the ability get this team playing consistent football or we wouldnt be this bad at the end of 4 years of his coaching.

Lucky
12-21-2009, 12:55 AM
If the past 4 seasons have been a fail to you then there is nothing any of us can tell you because you plain just don't know football.
Nice comeback, going to the "you don't know football" card.

Maybe so. But I do know Magic 8-Ball. And Magic 8-Ball says that all signs point to...

http://fantomplanet.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/esrieightball1.png?w=375

Goldensilence
12-21-2009, 01:11 AM

Might as well pull out the immortal quote of at least we aren't the Lions, Raiders, etc, etc.

Actually hell the Raiders have beat more winning teams then we have this year.

Oh good lord, how many times has that been said around here?

I guess you haven't read many of the "gripers" posts, because there's a lot of a suggestions in them and yes, some of them are addition by subtraction.

I guess calling anyone who doesn't think Kubiak deserves to be back next year gets labelled a whiner to make it easier so you don't have to prove anything or put forth any real reasons Kubiak should be back next year then he makes you all warm and fuzzy inside.

Ok yay two wins over two struggling teams. One team's HC calls them out as soft. Another is a one win team who got 47 points hung on them last week by a division rival, who is battling for a playoff spot after starting the season 0-6. THAT is coaching.

Point is if this team comes out like that against the Dolphins or Pats they're going to lose.

Ghostform
12-21-2009, 01:55 AM
omg we're 7-7 this is the best season ever we are so good. maybe we'll have homefield advantage in the playoffs too.

DexmanC
12-21-2009, 06:35 AM
The real question is: is there ANYTHING that would make the whiners happy? I'm thinkin the only thing is a Kubiak firing. Other than that, there will be negative threads and posts everyday until that day. Just come to accept it.

Yes, there is! We'd like to see this team play up to its ability for 60 MINUTES,
EVERY WEEK! They play with pep in their step, for one half of football, every
other week. We'd like them to start out like they did against Seattle, and
maintain that effort level for an entire game, an entire season. To quote
Mike Singletary: "We execute, from the START of the game to the very
END of the game. That DID NOT happen."

We'd like to see this team NOT try to hand the opponent the game time
after time. The Rams are just soo bad, they couldn't accept the game
from the Texans. There was another team that went into the "dead air"
of St. Louis, and executed for 60 minutes.

The Colts destroyed the Rams 42-6 AT St. Louis. If you're complaining about
us "whiners," I ask you, who are the Texans' peers? Is it the Jags, Colts,
and Titans? Or is it the Rams, Seahawks, and Raiders?

Answer that question, and I'll know how to address you for the rest of this
season.

Pantherstang84
12-21-2009, 09:21 AM
Did you hear Kubiak say we were top ten in red zone efficiency? I bet he pulled that out of his arse.

Actually he didn't. However, the Texans did drop out of the top ten after yesterday's stinker. I know this is an emotional board but a few facts mixed in won't hurt. Your linkage...

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/red-zone-scoring-pct

SheTexan
12-21-2009, 09:33 AM
Reading this entire thread = HUGE headache! Where's my coffee???

Bottom line! What's done is done! Blame falls on the PERSON who did not do his job well enough to win games. That my dear Texan friends lies with every man on our football team, coach on down to the waterboy who just might have been hired by VY to put ambien in the h20! :spy::zzz: IMHO, fans are suppose to have an opinion, and thats why we are HERE, voicing opinions. It's a GOOD thing! None of us would be here every damn Monday morning reading this board, reaching out for a Texan connection, if we didn't care about our team! As for me, I'll just keep the faith, have a little sense of humor, hang in there until my time is done on this earth, then I'll try my best to convience the Man upstairs that the Texans need some devine intervention!! YES, I am TIRED of losing, wish things had turned out differently, sorry VY has led the meatballs to the same status we are, hate that the "girls" beat the Saints, pissed that the Eagles beat the Niners, glad the Texans beat the Rams, happy that if a team THIS YEAR can possibly go undefeated, it is the Colts, happy that I woke up this morning and was able to log on to TT and read what my fellow TEXANS had to say, happy I kicked some ass last night in NFL monopoly, but most of all, was able to look in the mirror this morning and still see a TEXAN fan! Life is good!!

Texan_Bill
12-21-2009, 09:37 AM

Actually he didn't. However, the Texans did drop out of the top ten after yesterday's stinker. I know this is an emotional board but a few facts mixed in won't hurt. Your linkage...

http://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/red-zone-scoring-pct

Yup... Ranked 12th now.

HOU-TEX
12-21-2009, 09:40 AM
Yup... Ranked 12th now.

We should've got the ball to Chris Brown more in the redzone yesterday......:hauls ass for cover: :hides:

Texan_Bill
12-21-2009, 09:41 AM
We should've got the ball to Chris Brown more in the redzone yesterday......:hauls ass for cover: :hides:

Dude, I busted out the :popcorn: and beer hoping for the 'ol half back pass. :gun:

HOU-TEX
12-21-2009, 09:44 AM
Dude, I busted out the :popcorn: and beer hoping for the 'ol half back pass. :gun:

Or maybe a direct snap to Brown? :bubbles:

DeMarCushPoll
12-21-2009, 09:46 AM
Even the best of the best have to win ugly sometimes. This is the freakin NFL ppl! ANYGIVENSUNDAY!

Texan_Bill
12-21-2009, 09:47 AM

Stagger Lee, FTW!! :runaway:

OzzO
12-21-2009, 12:31 PM

Ah yes. The WTFcat formation.

Runner
12-21-2009, 03:58 PM
The question should be:

I would also put that question to the pessimists* who say that "how they played" is more important than the wins and losses. I would have thought they'd be upset with the Rams game, but they seem to have jumped on the thought that the win is the only thing that matters.

The more I think about it though, this is much less of an inconsistency than praising Kubiak for the great talent he has acquired and then blaming the lousy talent for every loss.

*this might be confusing since they use the term "optimism" to describe their brand of "it couldn't be any better than this, so why try" pessimism.

FILO_girl
12-21-2009, 04:34 PM
I am responding to this thread without even reading the 7 pages of replies ahead of me. Don't matter what is said anyway.

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Thank you for the win, Texans...I appreciate your Christmas present. Please try to win again on 12/27.

Thats all.

DexmanC
12-21-2009, 04:52 PM
I would also put that question to the pessimists* who say that "how they played" is more important than the wins and losses. I would have thought they'd be upset with the Rams game, but they seem to have jumped on the thought that the win is the only thing that matters.

The more I think about it though, this is much less of an inconsistency than praising Kubiak for the great talent he has acquired and then blaming the lousy talent for every loss.

*this might be confusing since they use the term "optimism" to describe their brand of "it couldn't be any better than this, so why try" pessimism.

Why the "pessimists/complainers/whiners/pink soapers/Kubiak-Haters" are furious
at Kubiak's regime this year is quite simple. It's the fourth year of the
same mediocrity. Going from horrible to mediocre is an improvement.
Staying mediocre for two more seasons is unacceptable. Take this year's
record, break it down, and you get some numbers that should piss any
championship-seeking fan off:

Overall record in 2009: 7-7
Record vs. Teams .500 or below: 6-1
Record vs. vs Teams with winning records: 1-6

It's really that simple, folks. Even the Raiders have more wins
against winning teams than the Texans do this year.

MadBurgerMaker
12-21-2009, 05:23 PM
Edit: No, nevermind, I don't want to get involved in this ****.

Showtime100
12-21-2009, 05:28 PM
I am responding to this thread without even seeing the 14 games behind me. Don't matter what is said anyway.

(fixed it for ya - ST100)

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.

Thank you for the win, Texans...I appreciate your Christmas present. Please try to win again on 12/27.

Thats all.

Gift horse...lol. Had you read the thread you would know many of us are not happy with the jockey.

You people need to keep these threads small so Filo doesn't have to ***** without knowing what she's bitching about. :kitten:

Double Barrel
12-21-2009, 06:03 PM
Who gives a horse as a gift anyway? I've never understood that saying.

However, someone did give me a car last year. I checked out the engine, brakes, tires, and other important aspects. I'm not sure if I should have looked at all of that since it was a gift and all, but still, I had to make sure it was safe to drive with my kids in it.

But who wants a horse with bad teeth, even if it's free? Equine dental work can costs lots of moolah, often much more than the horse is worth. So yeah, I'd look a gift horse in the mouth....provided someone wanted to give me a horse...but I'd want to make sure that I'm not being given a rotten-toothed horse that's about to break my bank account. Seriously, do you want to ride a horse that is suffering from dental problems?!

[/rambling...because it's more exciting than talking about yesterday's game]

houstonspartan
12-21-2009, 06:11 PM

However, someone did give me a car last year. I checked out the engine, brakes, tires, and other important aspects. I'm not sure if I should have looked at all of that since it was a gift and all, but still, I had to make sure it was safe to drive with my kids in it.

But who wants a horse with bad teeth, even if it's free? Equine dental work can costs lots of moolah, often much more than the horse is worth. So yeah, I'd look a gift horse in the mouth....provided someone wanted to give me a horse...but I'd want to make sure that I'm not being given a rotten-toothed horse that's about to break my bank account. Seriously, do you want to ride a horse that is suffering from dental problems?!

LOL. It's like a Seinfeld episode.

TexCanada
12-21-2009, 06:32 PM
Why the "pessimists/complainers/whiners/pink soapers/Kubiak-Haters" are furious
at Kubiak's regime this year is quite simple. It's the fourth year of the
same mediocrity. Going from horrible to mediocre is an improvement.
Staying mediocre for two more seasons is unacceptable. Take this year's
record, break it down, and you get some numbers that should piss any
championship-seeking fan off:

Overall record in 2009: 7-7
Record vs. Teams .500 or below: 6-1
Record vs. vs Teams with winning records: 1-6

It's really that simple, folks. Even the Raiders have more wins
against winning teams than the Texans do this year.

Nobody is asking people to be happy with the overall picture, just to be happy with the win against the Rams. I feel just as let down as anyone, but I'm not going to sit here and cry about a win because it wasn't dominant enough.

DexmanC
12-21-2009, 07:50 PM
Nobody is asking people to be happy with the overall picture, just to be happy with the win against the Rams. I feel just as let down as anyone, but I'm not going to sit here and cry about a win because it wasn't dominant enough.

I just hope that Kubiak is JUDGED on the "overrall picture" at the end
of the year. After all, I'd like to see a championship in Houston. We need
the right leader to take us there. A win against the Rams is nice, but they
were SUPPOSED to beat the Rams. It's like giving a parent The Medal of Honor
for feeding his kids. I'd just not like them to go 1-6 against winning teams.
That's consistency, but in the wrong direction.

Hottoddie
12-21-2009, 08:20 PM
Reading this entire thread = HUGE headache! Where's my coffee???

Bottom line! What's done is done! Blame falls on the PERSON who did not do his job well enough to win games. That my dear Texan friends lies with every man on our football team, coach on down to the waterboy who just might have been hired by VY to put ambien in the h20! :spy::zzz: IMHO, fans are suppose to have an opinion, and thats why we are HERE, voicing opinions. It's a GOOD thing! None of us would be here every damn Monday morning reading this board, reaching out for a Texan connection, if we didn't care about our team! As for me, I'll just keep the faith, have a little sense of humor, hang in there until my time is done on this earth, then I'll try my best to convience the Man upstairs that the Texans need some devine intervention!! YES, I am TIRED of losing, wish things had turned out differently, sorry VY has led the meatballs to the same status we are, hate that the "girls" beat the Saints, pissed that the Eagles beat the Niners, glad the Texans beat the Rams, happy that if a team THIS YEAR can possibly go undefeated, it is the Colts, happy that I woke up this morning and was able to log on to TT and read what my fellow TEXANS had to say, happy I kicked some ass last night in NFL monopoly, but most of all, was able to look in the mirror this morning and still see a TEXAN fan! Life is good!!

Amen, sister.

Hottoddie
12-21-2009, 08:22 PM

Have ya' looked into getting false teeth for that horse? :lol:

Giant Tiger
12-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Even the best of the best have to win ugly sometimes. This is the freakin NFL ppl! ANYGIVENSUNDAY!

I like ugly wins. I'll take one over a heartbreaking loss every time :)

gary
12-21-2009, 08:46 PM

-3 to -7 points

-3 points

-4 points

Other than those bad plays they had a solid game, moved the ball well, and got plenty of stops on defense.Great job homie you just helped me out good most of the time do not do these things. This is even more true against a one win team. Against a better team it would have been a loss but everyone just stay happy with 8-8 once again or below. They won't beat the Pats or the Fins that way.

powerfuldragon
12-21-2009, 08:49 PM

i get the De Mar and Cush in your handle but Pall?

GlassHalfFull
12-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Great job homie you just helped me out good most of the time do not do these things. This is even more true against a one win team. Against a better team it would have been a loss but everyone just stay happy with 8-8 once again or below. They won't beat the Pats or the Fins that way.

Wow Gary. I am disappointed with the season also, and have been heartbroken over some of our loses. But I see no reason to be belligerent and attack fellow fans.

I am getting no pleasure whatsoever out of reading the football threads these days. I do not see the attraction of berating fellow fans who have a different perspective or attitude. It seems like it is very important to sway others to see things your way. This is not black and white and everyone here is entitled to present his own ideas and opinions without ridicule.

Goldensilence
12-21-2009, 08:55 PM

Is that Chris or Ronnie?

gary
12-21-2009, 09:06 PM
Wow Gary. I am disappointed with the season also, and have been heartbroken over some of our loses. But I see no reason to be belligerent and attack fellow fans.

I am getting no pleasure whatsoever out of reading the football threads these days. I do not see the attraction of berating fellow fans who have a different perspective or attitude. It seems like it is very important to sway others to see things your way. This is not black and white and everyone here is entitled to present his own ideas and opinions without ridicule.Sorry if it came off as being personal it was not ment to be at all just wanted to make a point.

Goldensilence
12-21-2009, 09:15 PM
Sorry if it came off as being personal it was not ment to be at at all just wanted to make a point.

I guess Gary it's ok to call people whiners and bitchers but, homie is a bit over the top. :rolleyes:

thunderkyss
12-21-2009, 09:52 PM
Great job homie you just helped me out good most of the time do not do these things.

Are you trying to say good teams don't have those mistakes most of the time?

I think we all know this.

This is even more true against a one win team. Against a better team it would have been a loss but everyone just stay happy with 8-8 once again or below. They won't beat the Pats or the Fins that way.

Again, I think we all know this as well. I can't think of anyone on this board who would not be disappointed if this team does go 8-8.

bigpun91
12-22-2009, 07:08 AM
If we would have blown them out, some of you would have been saying "whats the big deal its just the rams"...just like some said with the oakland game.

bckey
12-22-2009, 08:17 AM
I was reading the comments to John McClain's article this morning and I came across this gem from Breaze. Check it out.

If we get knocked out of the playoffs next week the Pat's are toast. That's when Kubes gets serious...history approved. Start slow, finish strong... consistently inconsistent; Jekyll & Hyde. If Kubes gets his way and stays, we could be staring at Groundhog's Day. Yes this is hating as some of you labeling types like to point out, but its hating to lose...hating to underachieve, hating more of the same while talent rots on the vine. Kind of true fan'ish don't you think? Why get so wrapped up in labels? Its ok for a true fan to demand more given the talent. Maybe we should add new label to the so called true fan..."settlers". The passive types that enjoy getting lunch money taken from them every year, living in the land of what if's, are incapable of seeing what's in front of them, and who can't accept things for what they are... bottom line, we are all fans so we are all..."gulp", the same. Now flip this season and hire some "proven" winners McNair...no more experiments, no more excuses, its time to take the big leap before its too late...

Gotta love it. Settlers.:lol:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6781952.html

Texan_Bill
12-22-2009, 08:36 AM

I am getting no pleasure whatsoever out of reading the football threads these days. I do not see the attraction of berating fellow fans who have a different perspective or attitude. It seems like it is very important to sway others to see things your way. This is not black and white and everyone here is entitled to present his own ideas and opinions without ridicule.

Repped and Qft.

"Learn it, know it, live it!"

HoustonFrog
12-22-2009, 08:41 AM
Sorry if it came off as being personal it was not ment to be at all just wanted to make a point.

Gary, maybe you should come in and cuss and tell people where to stick things, etc. :dontknowa: If you are a long timer, those things are accepted. If you are just debating normal football points you are crossing the "crazy" line of trying to prove your point in a sports debate....ohhhh scary. Keep up the fight my man!I'm a proponent of using message boards to speak your mind. If you think people are irrational in their mindset, then be rational and prove your point.

HOU-TEX
12-22-2009, 08:44 AM
i get the De Mar and Cush in your handle but Pall?

I reckon it was meant to be Pollard.

:includeme:

Grams
12-22-2009, 08:47 AM

Exactly.

All it seems here lately is those that want to fire Kubiak and those that want to keep him. With some on both sides taking pot-shots at those that disagree.

As has been posted more than once, a loss is still a L - no matter how close or that one person screwed it up. So a win is still a W - no matter how ugly.

:fans:

Texan_Bill
12-22-2009, 08:48 AM
Gary, maybe you should come in and cuss and tell people where to stick things, etc. :dontknowa: If you are a long timer, those things are accepted. If you are just debating normal football points you are crossing the "crazy" line of trying to prove your point in a sports debate....ohhhh scary. Keep up the fight my man!I'm a proponent of using message boards to speak your mind. If you think people are irrational in their mindset, then be rational and prove your point.

You are proponent of speaking your mind on message boards, fine. Are you a proponent of saying things on the message boards that you wouldn't say to someone face to face?? This board has some members that are douches like that.

HoustonFrog
12-22-2009, 08:54 AM
You are proponent of speaking your mind on message boards, fine. Are you a proponent of saying things on the message boards that you wouldn't say to someone face to face?? This board has some members that are douches like that.

TB, you and I are in agreement here.Exactly!!Without naming names there have been some posters attacking non-stop..personal and hardcore. And as I said above I've been disappointed that they seem to get a free pass like "oh ignore him, he is the crazy old uncle at Christmas and has been here awhile." Yet if people are just passionate and make points they get ripped. I just don't like the double standard. I didn't think "homie" was that far out of bounds compared to anal soap play and other stuff I've read from all sides. Again, if people want to post 50 posts in a thread and they do it respectfully...fine by me. "Respectfully" is the key.

Texan_Bill
12-22-2009, 09:02 AM
TB, you and I are in agreement here.Exactly!!Without naming names there have been some posters attacking non-stop..personal and hardcore. And as I said above I've been disappointed that they seem to get a free pass like "oh ignore him, he is the crazy old uncle at Christmas and has been here awhile." Yet if people are just passionate and make points they get ripped. I just don't like the double standard. I didn't think "homie" was that far out of bounds compared to anal soap play and other stuff I've read from all sides. Again, if people want to post 50 posts in a thread and they do it respectfully...fine by me. "Respectfully" is the key.

We're definitely on the same page here, but I have to ask; Was it Hobie :hobie: or HOU-TEX that brought up the anal soap??...... OTOH, nevermind, I really don't want to know.

HOU-TEX
12-22-2009, 09:04 AM
We're definitely on the same page here, but I have to ask; Was it Hobie :hobie: or HOU-TEX that brought up the anal soap??...... OTOH, nevermind, I really don't want to know.

Not sure, but I think I could use some at the moment. I believe I sharted

Texan_Bill
12-22-2009, 09:06 AM
Not sure, but I think I could use some at the moment. I believe I sharted

:spit: Dude, I spit my coffee and shot a snot rocket all at the same time.

HoustonFrog
12-22-2009, 09:10 AM

They were wrestling over the soap :pursefight:

HOU-TEX
12-22-2009, 09:11 AM
:spit: Dude, I spit my coffee and shot a snot rocket all at the same time.

Must be nice to have "rockets". I've been all runny snotty for the past couple days. I got a giggle a few minutes ago and blew a snot bubble. It was special

GlassHalfFull
12-22-2009, 09:16 AM
The "homie" kind of got to me as an insult, because I would hope the majority of the fans on this message board would be "homer" fans.

The bulk of my message was not directed at Gary, and it was my mistake for not making that clear.

If you take this part of my post, you can direct it at either side of this.

Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull View Post

Texan_Bill
12-22-2009, 09:16 AM
They were wrestling over the soap :pursefight:
:lol:

Must be nice to have "rockets". I've been all runny snotty for the past couple days. I got a giggle a few minutes ago and blew a snot bubble. It was special

Worst part of the snot rocket was that it landed on my sleeve. Now I have a snot rocket stain on my sleeve. :cool:

Thorn
12-22-2009, 09:18 AM
TMI alert!!!!

HOU-TEX
12-22-2009, 09:33 AM
:lol:

Worst part of the snot rocket was that it landed on my sleeve. Now I have a snot rocket stain on my sleeve. :cool:

Sweet! Now you've got yourself a nice little snack for later.

Texan_Bill
12-22-2009, 09:40 AM
Sweet! Now you've got yourself a nice little snack for later.

It's gone. Yummy!! *rubs belly*

HOU-TEX
12-22-2009, 09:50 AM
It's gone. Yummy!! *rubs belly*

Dadgum! Couldn't wait huh?

Texan_Bill
12-22-2009, 09:52 AM
Dadgum! Couldn't wait huh?

I woke up hungry today. I've already had a couple of breakfast bars and the snot. I'm good now, tho.

HOU-TEX
12-22-2009, 09:55 AM
I woke up hungry today. I've already had a couple of breakfast bars and the snot. I'm good now, tho.

:spit: Breakfast of champions!

HoustonFrog
12-22-2009, 09:56 AM
The "homie" kind of got to me as an insult, because I would hope the majority of the fans on this message board would be "homer" fans.

The bulk of my message was not directed at Gary, and it was my mistake for not making that clear.

I just took "homie" as homeboy...like Homie the Clown :clown:

Texan_Bill
12-22-2009, 10:34 AM

I knew exactly what and who you were directing your post to. I also knew it wasn't directed at Gary.

gary
12-22-2009, 02:42 PM
I try and watch what I post but I'll try and do a better job. Compared to whinner and complaining I had not thought about homie as a bad word. It's just time for Gary to go you may blame this that or the other but many teams go through hard times and yet still find ways to win. The ugentcy just is not there with this team and everything starts with the HC.

GlassHalfFull
12-22-2009, 03:17 PM
I try and watch what I post but I'll try and do a better job. Compared to whinner and complaining I had not thought about homie as a bad word. It's just time for Gary to go you may blame this that or the other but many teams go through hard times and yet still find ways to win. The ugentcy just is not there with this team and everything starts with the HC.

Gary, you know I love you and you do a great job.

Let me try and express my feelings in a positive way. I celebrate the fact that I live in a time and place that allows me to form my own opinions and express those feelings openly. What has disturbed me, it the way people are being criticized for having a different take on a subject. It would be a boring world if we all thought the same way and had the same opinion on each subject.

I would love to see us agree to disagree and move forward from here. Two games left (most likely) and then a long offseason. Yikes. I hate how quickly the fall goes by.

gary
12-22-2009, 03:24 PM
Gary, you know I love you and you do a great job.

Let me try and express my feelings in a positive way. I celebrate the fact that I live in a time and place that allows me to form my own opinions and express those feelings openly. What has disturbed me, it the way people are being criticized for having a different take on a subject. It would be a boring world if we all thought the same way and had the same opinion on each subject.

I would love to see us agree to disagree and move forward from here. Two games left (most likely) and then a long offseason. Yikes. I hate how quickly the fall goes by.Thanks so much Katie you know I feel the same way about you. I agree with everything in this post rep for you.

FILO_girl
12-23-2009, 04:43 PM
Gift horse...lol. Had you read the thread you would know many of us are not happy with the jockey.

You people need to keep these threads small so Filo doesn't have to ***** without knowing what she's bitching about. :kitten:

I don't have to read the thread entirely...same posts/different day.
I know what the general consensus is here.

And who is bitching...? This is reinforcement of why I do not come around here much anymore....my lord....