PDA

View Full Version : Radio Pregame Show comments

nut
12-20-2009, 01:50 PM
The talking heads on the Texans radio show (not Mark & Andre, the pregame guys) were giggling about how much we were going to beat the worst team in football right before the game. One of them said 38-0 and another said 30-0. Wonder if the team had the same attitude. We could use a little emotion out there.

Ryan
12-20-2009, 01:54 PM
I miss Adam Wexler and Matt Jackson. They were realists for the most part.

datchapin
12-20-2009, 07:18 PM
I miss Adam Wexler and Matt Jackson. They were realists for the most part.

They do the 790 morning show now.

Vinny
12-20-2009, 07:31 PM
anyone know how long the Texans radio agreement is? Currently the telecast is kinda awful imo of course. I used to look forward to it but I'd rather watch the nfl network nowdays as I lead into the away games.

J_R
12-20-2009, 07:44 PM
anyone know how long the Texans radio agreement is? Currently the telecast is kinda awful imo of course. I used to look forward to it but I'd rather watch the nfl network nowdays as I lead into the away games.

CBS Radio signed a 10-year agreement with the Houston Texans in September 2000. This agreement gave CBS Radio the exclusive right to broadcast Houston Texans Football games through the 2012 season and produce numerous ancillary programs featuring the team.

http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday/radio_network.asp

Vinny
12-20-2009, 07:47 PM
CBS Radio signed a 10-year agreement with the Houston Texans in September 2000. This agreement gave CBS Radio the exclusive right to broadcast Houston Texans Football games through the 2012 season and produce numerous ancillary programs featuring the team.Brutal...I hope they re-evaluate what they are doing this off season.

thanks

J_R
12-20-2009, 08:12 PM
Brutal...I hope they re-evaluate what they are doing this off season.

thanks

Haha I agree. That station has http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-toilet06.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

And np

Mean Machine
12-20-2009, 08:22 PM
Hopefully 1560 will get the next Texans Game contract!
Double Rods!!!

DexmanC
12-20-2009, 10:22 PM
Hopefully 1560 will get the next Texans Game contract!
Double Rods!!!

That station has the signal strength of a HAM radio. They'll be the LAST
station to get a contract. Most people who listen are relegated to doing
so either online, or in the car. I can't even pick them up in my office, where
every other station comes in clear.

Maybe La Tremenda will get the contract. You can always pick them up,
even if you're trying to listen to 950.

TheIronDuke
12-20-2009, 10:39 PM
Yeah, 1560 is a complete joke when it comes to actually being able to listen to them, no signal anywhere. Besides the fact that LZ is the only listenable member of the entire station.

790 on the other hand is much better nowadays and I can see them taking over the market, solid in the AM and PM IMO. 610 blows.

IlliniJen
12-20-2009, 10:54 PM
That station has the signal strength of a HAM radio. They'll be the LAST
station to get a contract. Most people who listen are relegated to doing
so either online, or in the car. I can't even pick them up in my office, where
every other station comes in clear.

Maybe La Tremenda will get the contract. You can always pick them up,
even if you're trying to listen to 950.

Yeah, what's up with their signal? I can't drive in Midtown/Downtown/Montrose and get it without a shit load of static. It's a shame.

Norg
12-20-2009, 11:43 PM
I called into 610 :P i like there show IMO

thats the only one i know off really i didnt know there were other texans SHows ???