PDA

View Full Version : Funny Caller To Eric Winston Show

DexmanC
12-17-2009, 11:54 AM
The call starts at 25:00

Caller: Hi. I wanna ask Eric Winston about the offense in the second half. 'Cause
if they play like that in the second half against the Rams their gonna LOSE.

610 Apologist Host: Well, how much of that was shutting the offense down?

Winston:Yeah, we coulda scored more points. We coulda come out
in the fourth quarter and thrown downfield more. We coulda--

Caller: Hey! WOULDACOULDASHOULDA!!!!!

http://podcast.sportsradio610.com/kilt2/2112118.mp3

The fans are getting tougher on this team. It may be the kick-in-the-ass
they need to make 'em great.

BigBull17
12-17-2009, 12:01 PM
That's just a guy being a dick. These guys don't HAVE to do these radio shows. They take time out of their busy week to chat it up with the fans.

Malloy
12-17-2009, 12:02 PM
I agree, but I think the problem is the playcalling in these 'ahead' games. I'm sure the player WANT to score more points, and if the RB had the chance to break one for a TD they would do so too. Problem is everyone know we'll run it, and we're not that strong of a running team :)

DexmanC
12-17-2009, 12:17 PM
He was being dick, but I chuckled. I guess I have a little evil in me somehow.
Kubiak has been getting tough callers, too. Even after wins!

Yankee_In_TX
12-17-2009, 12:21 PM
He was being dick, but I chuckled. I guess I have a little evil in me somehow.
Kubiak has been getting tough callers, too. Even after wins!

Someone asked where the anrgy anti Kubiak callers when Kubiak was on. The hosts pointed out that what coach would do a show if they let no one on but callers telling him he sucks?

DeMarCushPoll
12-17-2009, 12:45 PM
There's just some people that will never be satisfied no matter what the outcome is. The players and coaches understand that it's just the nature of the business.

Texan_Bill
12-17-2009, 12:47 PM
That's just a guy being a dick. These guys don't HAVE to do these radio shows. They take time out of their busy week to chat it up with the fans.

This^^^^

BigBull17
12-17-2009, 01:07 PM
I agree, but I think the problem is the playcalling in these 'ahead' games. I'm sure the player WANT to score more points, and if the RB had the chance to break one for a TD they would do so too. Problem is everyone know we'll run it, and we're not that strong of a running team :)

Yeah, our offense isn't built to play with a lead late.

Malloy
12-17-2009, 01:14 PM
Yeah, our offense isn't built to play with a lead late.

If we're build to score in the first half I cant for the love of beer see why we just couldnt keep going in the second half to land the W?

mussop
12-17-2009, 01:18 PM

You dont think they are being compensated for it or like the attention?

TimeKiller
12-17-2009, 01:32 PM

There's just some people that will never be satisfied no matter what the outcome is. The players and coaches understand that it's just the nature of the business.

Fans take time to be fans. If they're disappointed who is really at fault?

eriadoc
12-17-2009, 01:37 PM
That's just a guy being a dick.

Absolutely it is. But I ask you in all honesty, is he wrong?

disaacks3
12-17-2009, 01:40 PM
Absolutely it is. But I ask you in all honesty, is he wrong?
QFT - I mean, how was it different than the Colts game? (other than the end result obviously) Texans go into a shell, can't seem to come out of it later. Result in Colts game = loss Result in 'Hawks game = win

BigBull17
12-17-2009, 01:47 PM
If we're build to score in the first half I cant for the love of beer see why we just couldnt keep going in the second half to land the W?

You don't sling it around up 27.

Goldensilence
12-17-2009, 01:53 PM

Is that with or without a lead?

nero THE zero
12-17-2009, 02:06 PM

Tell that to Jeff Fisher who was throwing it on 4th down up by more.

El Tejano
12-17-2009, 02:21 PM

Trying to get Collins to look good again so Vince doesn't have to play for him?

BigBull17
12-17-2009, 02:21 PM

Fisher is an Ass hat, whats your point.

Porky
12-17-2009, 02:35 PM
The Colts keep the pedal to the metal the whole game regardless of the score. Teams rarely come back on them because of that. They don't just shut it down and go to the single wing. This team lacks a killer instinct and that's becaue Kubiak is too damn nice to the oppostion.

Yankee_In_TX
12-17-2009, 02:40 PM

When your history has a current history of blowing 21+ leads in the second half due to an inabilityt to run the ball - and giving the ball up on a lot of 3 and outs? You suuuuure?

HJam72
12-17-2009, 03:07 PM
When you're up by 27, you should use the half-back pass a lot. :secret:

DexmanC
12-17-2009, 03:09 PM
The Texans aren't good enough to score 3 points or less in ANY half,
regardless of score. The good teams find ways to punish you for
going 3-and-out, throwing interceptions, and fumbling snaps at
the 5-yardline. The caller was being a jerk, but he had a point.

BigBull17
12-17-2009, 03:09 PM
When your history has a current history of blowing 21+ leads in the second half due to an inabilityt to run the ball - and giving the ball up on a lot of 3 and outs? You suuuuure?

Not saying 3 runs and a punt, but not an all out attack. Our O is built on the all out attack without OD. He was our possession grinder.

houstonspartan
12-17-2009, 05:02 PM
Well, yes, it's cool that these guys do these shows, but they have to take the good with the bad. That guy who called was being a jerk, but he wasn't necessarily wrong.

It's very important for Winston to know that there are unhappy fans. The hosts of the show blow smoke up his rear when he's on there, and they're not going to challenge him. Most of the callers kiss is behind, so it's good to have one or two bring the heat.

I actually like Eric Winston. I think he's very smart and has a very sharp football mind. But he needs to know that not all calls to the show are going to be sunshine and roses. People are pissed.

Goatcheese
12-17-2009, 05:37 PM
We were two bad kicks away from a 40-burger, and people are bitching?

Seriously?

DeMarCushPoll
12-17-2009, 05:56 PM

Seriously?

thank you

DexmanC
12-17-2009, 06:13 PM

Seriously?

Most people who're "bitching" know that this team will lose EVEN IF
they played the way they did in the second half of the Hawks game
against a good team. They face two of them in weeks 16 and 17.

It's all about advance scouting. There's no need to pump these two weeks
up more than necessary. They throw unnecessary interceptions, fumble
for no reason, fumble a snap in at the 5-yardline, go 3-and-out for
four possessions in a row, etc.; the Dolphins and Patriots will beat this
team.

They face two sorry-ass excuses for NFL teams. I'm sorry, but I don't
measure the progress of the Texans against how they fare against
such teams. I measure them against where they fare against the
"real" teams they face on their schedule. So far, they've only got ONE
win against such a team. They face two more to close the year, and
we'll see how they do. They'd BETTER beat both of them.

Texan_Bill
12-17-2009, 06:13 PM

Seriously?

Apparently it's all the rage nowadays!! :gun:

Malloy
12-18-2009, 07:05 AM

If I had my way we would be firing away even after the opposing team had hit the locker room, you know, pretend there's a fifth quarter! :)

IMO it is this exact attitude that have landed us several close loses this season.

BuffaloglennTX
12-18-2009, 08:26 AM
Well, yes, it's cool that these guys do these shows, but they have to take the good with the bad. That guy who called was being a jerk, but he wasn't necessarily wrong.

It's very important for Winston to know that there are unhappy fans. The hosts of the show blow smoke up his rear when he's on there, and they're not going to challenge him. Most of the callers kiss is behind, so it's good to have one or two bring the heat.

I actually like Eric Winston. I think he's very smart and has a very sharp football mind. But he needs to know that not all calls to the show are going to be sunshine and roses. People are pissed.

Realistically, they don't have to take the good with the bad, and they are not our employees that have to perform as we ask them or they're fired. Sure we buy tickets and merchandise, but there are plenty of others who will also do it if we don't. The bottom line is that if they play well they will get paid, regardless of whether they do the radio shows or not.

chicagotexan2
12-18-2009, 09:06 AM

Nice avatar. What was this thread about? Nice avatar.

Texan_Bill
12-18-2009, 09:08 AM
Nice avatar. What was this thread about? Nice avatar.

:slapfight: FOCUS!!!

BigBull17
12-18-2009, 09:24 AM

There is a line between being upset and being a dick.

houstonspartan
12-18-2009, 10:37 AM
There is a line between being upset and being a dick.

It doesn't sound like this guy was all THAT bad. He gave Winston a hard time. It happens. Being a dick is heckling from the sidelines making comments about a players wife, parents and kids.

houstonspartan
12-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Realistically, they don't have to take the good with the bad, and they are not our employees that have to perform as we ask them or they're fired. Sure we buy tickets and merchandise, but there are plenty of others who will also do it if we don't. The bottom line is that if they play well they will get paid, regardless of whether they do the radio shows or not.

Yes, they DO have to take the good with the bad. By that I mean they have to take fans getting upset with them as well as praising them. It comes with the territory.

And don't be so flippant about buying tickets to the game. They are not cheap, believe me.