PDA

View Full Version : The Great Debate

JB
12-12-2009, 06:40 PM
This whole Pro/Anti Kubiak debate is getting more and more like the Chocolate/Vanilla debate.

There is no way you will ever convince a chocolate lover that vanilla is best and visa/versa.

Don't you ever get tired of :brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall:brickw all::brickwall:

Can't we all just get along?

FirstTexansFan
12-12-2009, 06:44 PM
I don't perceive it that way, I see it as nothing more than one side envisions a future of football without the same sense of dread, the other side is more dedicated to the status quo. I don't begrudge them their dreams, no more than I feel they begrudge mine. And I surely don't grow tired of the debate, it's why I come here to post :)

m5kwatts
12-12-2009, 06:50 PM
This isn't a matter of preference, its a matter of necessity. There's no inherent wrong choice if one prefers a flavor of ice cream to another. When McNair hired Kubiak he decided he hired a coach who he feels is most necessary for the program to be a winning one. That is the decision he'll have to re-affirm in the off-season. Should Kubiak be allowed to finish his last season on his contract because it is necessary for the Texans to be a winning franchise?

[/abnoxiously overanalyzed topic from every thread recently]

Vinny
12-12-2009, 06:59 PM
This whole Pro/Anti Kubiak debate is getting more and more like the Chocolate/Vanilla debate.

There is no way you will ever convince a chocolate lover that vanilla is best and visa/versa.

Don't you ever get tired of :brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall:brickw all::brickwall:

Can't we all just get along?I learn quite a bit in some of the better arguments here. Let the arguments roll on...less crybaby stuff must die though. I have spoken!

:snowday:

Khari
12-12-2009, 07:02 PM
chocolate vanilla swirl is da best!

Wolf
12-12-2009, 07:02 PM
too bad it couldn't be a peanut butter/chocolate debate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYKx8ANaQ0U

:specnatz: :joker:

treduke
12-12-2009, 07:09 PM
i think the debate is great you have two groups who want the best for their team
as a member of the pink soap club i think kubiak has taken this team as far as he can and a change is needed
and while i understand why people support kubes i don't agree
and honestly with the way this team has played i need something else to talk about

Grams
12-12-2009, 07:33 PM
After Tuesday when people started to think straight again, it has actually be very interesting reading both sides of the debate. Althought there are a few that get upset when others do no agree with them.

But chocolate is always better than vanilla.

eriadoc
12-12-2009, 07:41 PM
i think the debate is great you have two groups who want the best for their team
as a member of the pink soap club i think kubiak has taken this team as far as he can and a change is needed
and while i understand why people support kubes i don't agree
and honestly with the way this team has played i need something else to talk about

Wow. You really felt the need for that apostrophe?

treduke
12-12-2009, 08:03 PM
Wow. You really felt the need for that apostrophe? yes i did problem?

TexanBacker93
12-12-2009, 08:12 PM

Can't we all just get along?

I like it when they swirl the 2 together.

Mr. White
12-12-2009, 08:27 PM
The problem with the chocolate or vanilla parallel is that more minds change as losses accrue.

mussop
12-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Its December in Houston, what else are football fans going to do? Its not like theres any meeningfull football to watch.:kitten:

CloakNNNdagger
12-12-2009, 09:07 PM
What I enjoy the most about the "Great Debate" is how wrong the right can be and how right the wrong can be............both help me form MY opinions.:hmmm:

GP
12-12-2009, 09:17 PM
I like it when they swirl the 2 together.

Kubiak is swirling...

:flushtoilet:

dalemurphy
12-13-2009, 12:46 AM
After Tuesday when people started to think straight again, it has actually be very interesting reading both sides of the debate. Althought there are a few that get upset when others do no agree with them.

Considering the fact that in the span of two days, I actually argued both sides of the debate, it will be very interesting to see how this plays out...

And yes, Monday Me was very angry with Tuesday Me because Tuesday Me simply wouldn't come around to my brilliant argument!!

GP
12-13-2009, 12:53 AM
I am here to see who can produce the funniest posts. Period.

This place is not a place where anybody is going to win anything, by trying to persuade others to "see the light, and convert" to their viewpoint.

At some point, each person just has to let go of that mindset.

Argue the points, throw a dirty sucker-punch or some sand in someone's eyes every now and then (to vent and get things off the chest), but I personally feel that this is a better board when we all find a way to put down the long knives and keep it real.

Each thread seems to have that tipping point where it stops being about the topic and becomes about factions of people meeting behind the bus barn for an after-school fight.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/lovelostinahailofgunfire/Anchorman-BrickTrident.gif

treduke
12-13-2009, 01:19 AM
maybe we should start a fight club thread
a thread where if two members have a problem they go to the fight club thread to settle the beef
just a thought

Scooter
12-13-2009, 01:39 AM
anybody that thinks vanilla is better doesnt know what they're talking about. they're just wrong and arent real fans of ice cream. a real fan only eats chocolate ice cream and only in a cone. in this league, going in with a vanilla gameplan is going to get you destroyed. until we get everyone on the same page, we're going to continue to sit through another season of mediocre sundaes (see what i did there?)

i'm ron burgandy?

Malloy
12-13-2009, 04:23 AM
Chocolate!

Only a loser would perfer vanilla!

Thorn
12-13-2009, 06:39 AM
Sometimes there is a misconception of what folks actually feel. After all, itís the internet. While Iíve always, and still do, want Kubiak to be successful with the Texans, itís hard to ignore his shortcomings. If he does get replaced this offseason, I sure as hell hope itís not another damn rookie head coach. If McNair and Smith canít find a good head coach with experience, I say let Kubiac finish out his last year.

But whatever. Itís all debating in a vacuum anyway. In the end, all any of us want is for the Texans to win a Super Bowl. Itís how we get there is what we are arguing about.

barrett
12-13-2009, 06:45 AM
I can assure you, we're getting there with vanilla!

Big Lou
12-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Hey another should he stay or should he go related thread. Yippee!

eriadoc
12-13-2009, 03:47 PM

Actually, it had a chance to die until you bumped it. Oops, did it myself.

JB
12-13-2009, 03:52 PM

Sure did not start that way. I was just saying that there was no reason for the debate to continue.

Thank you for your wonderful contribution.

brakos82
12-13-2009, 03:55 PM
Screw Vanilla and Chocolate... Strawberry FTW! :woot2:

JB
12-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Screw Vanilla and Chocolate... Strawberry FTW! :woot2:

Strawberry is my choice also...unless I have Banana!