PDA

View Full Version : What if we beat Miami & New England?

thunderkyss
12-09-2009, 09:52 PM
If Miami & New England put their best on the field. If they are both trying to win a spot in the post season... & we beat them, playing a mistake free, clean football game...

would you change your mind?

redwhiteANDblue
12-09-2009, 09:58 PM
Whats the point? Kubes had his chance and even if he decides to clean up the mess, it's too late now.

gg no re
12-09-2009, 09:58 PM
I'd be mad that we haven't exerted the same effort and concentration throughout the season

J_R
12-09-2009, 10:08 PM
Doubtful. What pressure is there? There is none. So if they do play 60 minutes? Congrats. Why couldnt they do it for even half the season?

steelbtexan
12-09-2009, 10:13 PM
If Miami & New England put their best on the field. If they are both trying to win a spot in the post season... & we beat them, playing a mistake free, clean football game...

What if a frog jumped up the Texans org. a**

Mr. White
12-09-2009, 10:14 PM
I'll be glad if we win because I'm always glad when we win.

Having said that, I was skeptical before the season started.

Nothing has happened this season to change that.

If we beat Miami and New England, it still won't matter to me because the must-win stretch is over.

steelbtexan
12-09-2009, 10:17 PM
I'll be glad if we win because I'm always glad when we win.

Having said that, I was skeptical before the season started.

Nothing has happened this season to change that.

If we beat Miami and New England, it still won't matter to me because the must-win stretch is over.

Yep

What happens the rest of the year really doesn't matter.

m5kwatts
12-09-2009, 10:35 PM
New England is 1-5 on the road

Miami is 2-4 on the road

Beating either of those teams in Reliant would be no massive achievement by any stretch

Vinny
12-09-2009, 11:01 PM

change our minds about what? 8 years of no playoffs, working on 9. Beating those two teams with nothing on the line, means that nothing was on the line...so I'm back to not understanding the question.

Hervoyel
12-09-2009, 11:06 PM

No, it really wouldn't. Every year in the last month or so of the season a few teams going nowhere upset other teams trying to get into the playoffs. It doesn't happen because the teams playing out the string are better, it happens because they've got nothing to lose.

It doesn't matter though. Andre Johnson wants Kubiak back so that's pretty much the end of that. I believe they could finish 5-11 and McNair would defer to Andre Johnson and tell us all that the injuries killed our season. We won't see the end of this until the end of next year.

DiehardChris
12-09-2009, 11:29 PM
Unless Vince Wilfork doesn't play, we're not going to beat New England.

(Originally I wrote 'unless Vince Wilfork dies in a fire', but that seemed a bit over the top.)

RTP2110
12-09-2009, 11:49 PM
I'd be mad that we haven't exerted the same effort and concentration throughout the season

Same here. I'd be glad they won, but more angry that they didn't do that in the other losses.

houstonspartan
12-09-2009, 11:53 PM
Actually, it would make me angrier.

We just finished what was probably the most important stretch in this teams history, and we blew it. Where was all that supposed fire then?

Nope. Too late.

DexmanC
12-09-2009, 11:58 PM

Umm... I haven't seen any of those all season. Have any of you?

LMAO!!!

m5kwatts
12-09-2009, 11:59 PM

(Originally I wrote 'unless Vince Wilfork dies in a fire', but that seemed a bit over the top.)

Save 'dies in a fire' for Titans players

Plus Wilfork is a potential free agent and one I wouldn't mind the Texans pursuing

DexmanC
12-10-2009, 12:00 AM
No, it really wouldn't. Every year in the last month or so of the season a few teams going nowhere upset other teams trying to get into the playoffs. It doesn't happen because the teams playing out the string are better, it happens because they've got nothing to lose.

It doesn't matter though. Andre Johnson wants Kubiak back so that's pretty much the end of that. I believe they could finish 5-11 and McNair would defer to Andre Johnson and tell us all that the injuries killed our season. We won't see the end of this until the end of next year.

Right on, Hervoyel. If Kubiak is back, the fans at Reliant won't wait
four quarters to boo this team off the field for sloppy play. Nothing
made me prouder of Houston, than the fans staying the ENTIRE GAME
against the Jets, just to boo the shit out of them when the clock struck
0:00

theanswer000
12-10-2009, 12:05 AM
It is much to late to have a great finish. Depending on how well we play against Seattle and St.Louis will determine Kubes career in Houston. I would much rather sign some big name players and have Kubes in here for another year to see what happens. O.J. Atogwe and Vince Wilfork would be something and than drafting Joe Haden. Just thinking if we did that this off-season the team would change drastically. :texflag:

Kaiser Toro
12-10-2009, 12:14 AM
What if we lose to Seattle and St. Louis?

What is the air velocity of an unladen swallow?

Why was Kennedy killed? Who benefited? Who has the power to cover it up? Who?

:kitten:

houstonspartan
12-10-2009, 12:17 AM

That kind of bothered me. I'm hard on the team, but it's always been hard for me to boo them when I'm at the games. I yell, scream, cuss, beat the seat in front of me, but booing the home team seems a bit harsh.

Having said that, if Kubes returns next year I'ma be on his ass like white on rice.

houstonspartan
12-10-2009, 12:19 AM
what if we lose to seattle and st. Louis?

Why was kennedy killed? Who benefited? Who has the power to cover it up? Who?

lmao!!!!!

DexmanC
12-10-2009, 12:28 AM
That kind of bothered me. I'm hard on the team, but it's always been hard for me to boo them when I'm at the games. I yell, scream, cuss, beat the seat in front of me, but booing the home team seems a bit harsh.

Having said that, if Kubes returns next year I'ma be on his ass like white on rice.

They did it after four quarters of crap ball. This team needed a kick in the
ass, and we gave it to 'em. It's gonna be 10 times worse if they do it again
next year. No fan wants to boo its team, but we can't let our dogs shit
on the rug and be comfortable with it.

TxDavid
12-10-2009, 12:30 AM
The past 2 years we've finished the season 3-1 ending 8-8. If we're lucky enough to manage 3 wins, we'll break even again. Consider, though, that teams looking towards the playoffs won't risk their players near the end of the season if they've clinched their division/etc....

Here's our records for the past 3 years as of "today":

2009 - Week 13 - 5-7
2008 - Week 13 - 5-7
2007 - Week 13 - 5-7

:rake:"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Texecutioner
12-10-2009, 12:43 AM

I am loving this new DexmanC. He is awsome!

m5kwatts
12-10-2009, 12:58 AM

Why wait til next year? If they lose to the Seahawks its gonna get REALLY ugly

DexmanC
12-10-2009, 01:58 AM
I am loving this new DexmanC. He is awsome!

Well, Tex. That damn HB Option made me look inside the consecutive
8-8 records, and what I found pissed me the hell off! It's gotta be
the most empty 8-8 record I've ever seen, cause even if the 6th seed
in the AFC had that record, the Texans wouldn't even qualify for the
playoffs by consistently sucking in the AFC South.

You were right the whole time, I just couldn't see past "He went 8-8,
just give him another draft class and we'll get over the top!" The talent
is clearly better, yet the result is still the same. Damn. I wish I had seen
it sooner.

Thunderkyss loves his 8-8 seasons. At least we ain't Detroit!

:jogger:

CDNTexansFan
12-10-2009, 03:36 AM
It's all about the draft pick now.

sportfan73
12-10-2009, 03:44 AM
better question is what if we lose to SEA at home, I'd think McNair needs to can Kubiak on the spot.

imatexan
12-10-2009, 03:46 AM
New England is 1-5 on the road

Miami is 2-4 on the road

Beating either of those teams in Reliant would be no massive achievement by any stretch

We are playing the dolphins at thier house.

Which if my math is correct leaves them at a 4-2 home record at this point.

axman40
12-10-2009, 05:48 AM
What if we lose to Seattle and St. Louis?
That would be bad!
European or African?
Why was Kennedy killed? Who benefited? Who has the power to cover it up? Who?

That is all

BattleRedToro
12-10-2009, 07:24 AM
What if the Texans finish the season by losing their last 8 games? That is still a real possibility.

Thorn
12-10-2009, 07:28 AM
I would love to see the Texans win out the rest of the season and go 9-7. I would really like to see that.

During the off season McNair will do what he thinks is best. Whatever that is, some of us will like it and some won't. What else is new?

BigBull17
12-10-2009, 07:30 AM

Just another in a long line of pointless wins. He had his chance to win meaningful games and blew it. Nothing he does going foward saves his job, IMO. To bad I'm not making that call.

Leahmic223
12-10-2009, 07:38 AM
LOL!

Change my mind? Nope.

We can't even finish 2nd in our division, and how it is looking we might finish last again.

If we would have won 2 of our last 3 games or even one..

HoustonFrog
12-10-2009, 08:20 AM
The White House updated their list of Banned Torture Techniques

1) Waterboarding

2) Accepting Mediocore Coaches For Another Season

3) Attention Slap

4) The Cold Cell

5) Long Time Standing

False Start
12-10-2009, 08:34 AM

Chris Myers has nightmares about Wilfork.

If we win the games, cool, but it still doesn't change the fact that this team has not met the expectations, and gotten the results that they should have under Kubes (IMO).

El Tejano
12-10-2009, 09:17 AM
I would love to see the Texans win out the rest of the season and go 9-7. I would really like to see that.

During the off season McNair will do what he thinks is best. Whatever that is, some of us will like it and some won't. What else is new?

I will be glad to see that we finally had a winning season. I believe that day will be a good day nonetheless to forget the disappointment this season was. In other words, a consolation prize.

That being, said I will be a disappointed because everyone from top to bottom on that team said it would be a disappointment if they didn't reach the playoffs.

HOU-TEX
12-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Burp!

GP
12-10-2009, 09:25 AM
What if we beat the last four teams we have played in the past four games?

This is silly.

Round and round we go.....just like always!

I could care if we win all our games now.

(Makes a wet fart noise by placing hand over mouth)

"What if we beat Miami and New England?"

LOL.

:clown:

disaacks3
12-10-2009, 09:48 AM
The past 2 years we've finished the season 3-1 ending 8-8. If we're lucky enough to manage 3 wins, we'll break even again. Consider, though, that teams looking towards the playoffs won't risk their players near the end of the season if they've clinched their division/etc....

2009 - Week 13 - 5-7
2008 - Week 13 - 5-7
2007 - Week 13 - 5-7

:rake:"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein Damn, that IS depressing!

Between that and the 'local media' (aka McLame) saying this morning that he was "tired" of seeing Moats / Brown, it's enough to make you really ill. Well, gee John, as Ryan Moats is our only 100yd rusher this year, (not the IR'd Slaton) why would you be TIRED of seeing him? As P. Manning would say...he sounds like an "***** kicker".

Thorn
12-10-2009, 10:02 AM
I will be glad to see that we finally had a winning season. I believe that day will be a good day nonetheless to forget the disappointment this season was. In other words, a consolation prize.

That being, said I will be a disappointed because everyone from top to bottom on that team said it would be a disappointment if they didn't reach the playoffs.

Exactly. Being disappointed in not reaching the playoffs is totally justified. It's also being a good fan to wish your team good luck and hope for the best record possible anyway.

Rep to you Sir.

thunderkyss
12-10-2009, 11:27 AM
change our minds about what? 8 years of no playoffs, working on 9. Beating those two teams with nothing on the line, means that nothing was on the line...so I'm back to not understanding the question.

First, I'm thinking that those teams would have something to play for. If we beat them, when they have got something to lose, I think it says something.

Secondly, what if we could secure a wildcard with a win against New England, and a loss or two somewhere else? If we at least do our part.

I understand doing our part meant not going 0-4 the last 4 games..... but that's done.

Vinny
12-10-2009, 11:56 AM
First, I'm thinking that those teams would have something to play for. If we beat them, when they have got something to lose, I think it says something.

It says your team is a loser since only the losers have nothing to play for.

Vinny
12-10-2009, 11:59 AM

2009 - Week 13 - 5-7
2008 - Week 13 - 5-7
2007 - Week 13 - 5-7

:rake:"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein People call this team more improved, but I'll just call them "more entertaining". Same results from a much improved team? Only the Texans.

badboy
12-10-2009, 12:00 PM
8-8,8-8, 9-7 keep that up and we can have 12 win season in like maybe 5 more years? I am conflicted when I see a missed field goal impacting games or a power back fumbling in Red Zone. Yes a coach can make difference but those are player errors. What if we have a Haden next season. Is he that much better first year than DR? Does he increase the Ws? In my mock I get a ZBS OG Jon Asamoah to replace Studdard but does that fix the weak line even if my guy Gerhart is running behind him?

Vinny
12-10-2009, 12:03 PM
8-8,8-8, 9-7
we'd have to do something rare....win 4 in a row to be 9-7.

DexmanC
12-10-2009, 12:10 PM
we'd have to do something rare....win 4 in a row to be 9-7.

It'd be the most hilarious 9-7 ever.

8-2 over the NFL.
1-5 against the AFC South

I'm PRAYING for 9-7, just so I can add those records to my bag of
hilarious statistics!

Vinny
12-10-2009, 12:12 PM
It'd be the most hilarious 9-7 ever.

8-2 over the NFL.
1-5 against the AFC South

I'm PRAYING for 9-7, just so I can add those records to my bag of
hilarious statistics!and 4-0 when the games don't count although I had a hard time quoting you since you are being uber redundant. May want to just leave that in your sig.

DexmanC
12-10-2009, 12:14 PM
and 4-0 when the games don't count although I had a hard time quoting you since you are being uber redundant. May want to just leave that in your sig.

I'm being as redundant as this team has been. So, as long as they keep
stinking it up, I'll keep singin' it up!

:whip:

imatexan
12-10-2009, 12:38 PM
LOL!

Change my mind? Nope.

We can't even finish 2nd in our division, and how it is looking we might finish last again.

If we would have won 2 of our last 3 games or even one..

We can still finish 2nd in our division.

Look at the Jags next 3 opponents:

Dophins
Colts
Patriots.

All in a row, they still have a good chance of crumbling.

BigBull17
12-10-2009, 01:22 PM
We can still finish 2nd in our division.

Look at the Jags next 3 opponents:

Dophins
Colts
Patriots.

All in a row, they still have a good chance of crumbling.

Woohoo... If Jville crumbles we can be 2nd, and it STILL doesn't matter, cause we sit at home during the play-offs. Not good enough. Besides, they swept us. We give away WAY too many divisional games.

m5kwatts
12-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Not that I'm holding out any hope but have the Texans been mathematically eliminated yet? There is a miracle's chance of making the playoffs if the stars aligned perfectly?

barrett
12-10-2009, 01:51 PM

classy. real classy. you're my kind of guy. here's hoping we loose out so guys like you give up. it'd be worth it to trim some of the fat.

DexmanC
12-10-2009, 01:55 PM
Not that I'm holding out any hope but have the Texans been mathematically eliminated yet? There is a miracle's chance of making the playoffs if the stars aligned perfectly?

The Texans would have to finish 9-7, and the Ravens, Jags, Dolphins,
Patriots, AND Steelers, Jets, Titans would have to finish 8-8 or worse.

Good luck with that!
:goodluck:

Double Barrel
12-10-2009, 01:58 PM

Let me turn the tables on you:

If we lose three or four out of four, will you change your mind?

jshabang
12-10-2009, 02:03 PM
Actually, it would make me angrier.

We just finished what was probably the most important stretch in this teams history, and we blew it. Where was all that supposed fire then?

Nope. Too late.

ding, ding, ding,

we have a winner

thunderkyss
12-10-2009, 02:20 PM

It depends on how we play. If they lay down, & don't put out the effort they have been, then yes I would change my mind.

If we give up over a hundred yards rushing. yes I will change my mind

If we can't score more than 20 points, I will change my mind (that's with Schaub & AJ for 4 Qtrs)

If the players continue to make mistakes.... no.

I understand it is the coaches job to get that out of them. But I'm willing to give him a little more time to instill a winning mindset on this franchise.

Big Lou
12-10-2009, 02:32 PM

Chris you're getting soft my friend!!!! JK

No More 8-8's
12-10-2009, 02:48 PM
BFD; This will be nothing new, Kubiak has been pretty successful in December when its already too late.

Double Barrel
12-10-2009, 02:57 PM
It depends on how we play. If they lay down, & don't put out the effort they have been, then yes I would change my mind.

If we can't score more than 20 points, I will change my mind (that's with Schaub & AJ for 4 Qtrs)

I understand it is the coaches job to get that out of them. But I'm willing to give him a little more time to instill a winning mindset on this franchise.

Fair enough. :)

DexmanC
12-10-2009, 03:06 PM
classy. real classy. you're my kind of guy. here's hoping we loose out so guys like you give up. it'd be worth it to trim some of the fat.

I don't want Kubiak gone for my own benefit. I honestly believe he's
done all he could, and he'll be 5-7 next season at week 13. With this
team, under this coach...

If it ain't one thing, it's another....

....to land us at 8-8.

thunderkyss
12-10-2009, 04:30 PM
BFD; This will be nothing new, Kubiak has been pretty successful in December when its already too late.

The only Quality win I remember in the second half of the season, was Chicago last year, when they were trying to sneak into the play-offs.

I see quality in the Patriots, & in Miami. If we can beat those teams, playing their best games....... I would be happy.

TheRealJoker
12-10-2009, 04:34 PM

Then depending on how the 2 games before that go we would finish anywhere between 7-9 and 9-7. Either way, this season is a disappointment and the team needs to be held accountable.

imatexan
12-10-2009, 04:49 PM
Woohoo... If Jville crumbles we can be 2nd, and it STILL doesn't matter, cause we sit at home during the play-offs. Not good enough. Besides, they swept us. We give away WAY too many divisional games.

Never said anything else about what you posted.

All I said is we can still finish 2nd.

thunderkyss
12-10-2009, 05:24 PM
Then depending on how the 2 games before that go we would finish anywhere between 7-9 and 9-7. Either way, this season is a disappointment and the team needs to be held accountable.

I don't disagree with this in the slightest.

Last year, our offense was the pearl of this team. Defense didn't even resemble a pro outfit.

Kubiak took his attention away from the offense, & focused on the Defense. That defense has shown drastic improvement over the course of the year.

The offense has taken a step back in some areas, but we're still 13th in scoring...... which ain't bad considering the lack of a running game. We also turn red zone possessions into scores more often than we used to, & we convert third downs like nobody's business.

Now that GK has his defense "in order" & his offense "in order" he can be a head coach next year.

Yes, it's his fault he didn't have his defense in order last year. But going forward, he's doing too many right things.

If McNair was to say, "yeah he's turning it around, but it's going way to slowly." I can understand that.

But most fans here, as saying it's not going anywhere at all, & I just don't see that.

I won't ever believe that GK has taken this team as far as he possibly could.

SICLICK
12-10-2009, 05:39 PM
We could win out and Kubiak still has to go.

TimeKiller
12-10-2009, 05:39 PM
We won't make the playoffs so who cares about wins and losses?

I'll watch football because I like football and I'll watch the Texans because I'm from Houston. Other than that I won't give a shit less than two about the score or records until next year.

Vinny
12-10-2009, 05:46 PM

Why would you change your mind now? All the games that matter are over. If you haven't made a firm opinion about what you think of Kubiak's job, I think it is folly to frame your opinion around 4 worthless games at the end of the year.

Tell me, winning out at the end of the last 2 seasons did exactly what for this team in the subsequent year? The last 3 years the Kubiak coached teams have had 5 wins going into week 14. FIVE. All two previous years this team has played well when the games don't matter. Why change your opinion based on games by a team playing out the string?

Texans80
12-10-2009, 07:03 PM
We still have a chance however slim it may be if we win out. We need the Jags to lose 3 games, then everything else seems possible (if we are destined for the playoffs). We win and go 9-7 and the following happens. (I know Im dreaming, but until we are out - I can still pray!)

Jags: 8-8 (MUST LOSE 3)
L Dolphins
L Colts
L Pats
W Browns

Dolphins: 8-8
W Jags
L Titans
L Texans
W Steelers

Steelers: 8-8
W Browns (maybe we can get lucky)
L Packers
W Ravens
L Dolphins

Ravens: 8-8 (worried about them going 9-7)
W Lions
L Chicago
L Pitt
W Oakland

Titans:8-8
W Rams
W Dolphins
L Chargers
W Seahawks

Jets 7-9
W TB
L Colts
L Atl
L Cinci

DexmanC
12-10-2009, 08:14 PM
We still have a chance however slim it may be if we win out. We need the Jags to lose 3 games, then everything else seems possible (if we are destined for the playoffs). We win and go 9-7 and the following happens. (I know Im dreaming, but until we are out - I can still pray!)

Jags: 8-8 (MUST LOSE 3)
L Dolphins
L Colts
L Pats
W Browns

Dolphins: 8-8
W Jags
L Titans
L Texans
W Steelers

Steelers: 8-8
W Browns (maybe we can get lucky)
L Packers
W Ravens
L Dolphins

Ravens: 8-8 (worried about them going 9-7)
W Lions
L Chicago
L Pitt
W Oakland

Titans:8-8
W Rams
W Dolphins
L Chargers
W Seahawks

Jets 7-9
W TB
L Colts
L Atl
L Cinci

That means if the Dolphins, Steelers, Ravens or Titans get their 9th win, we're
screwed. If the Texans lose just ONCE, we're screwed, and if the Jets or
Titans win their 8th game, we're screwed.

That's a LOT of hoping, pal.

Redtexan#34
12-10-2009, 08:41 PM
Watching this Steelers vrs Browns game and thinking how the AFC is looking it just makes me Angry. If we had one just 2 of the last 4 games we would be right in the hunt for the playoffs.

Vinny
12-10-2009, 08:42 PM
That means if the Dolphins, Steelers, Ravens or Titans get their 9th win, we're
screwed. If the Texans lose just ONCE, we're screwed, and if the Jets or
Titans win their 8th game, we're screwed.

That's a LOT of hoping, pal.I think he is assuming every team folds down the stretch like we do.

thunderkyss
12-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Why would you change your mind now? All the games that matter are over. If you haven't made a firm opinion about what you think of Kubiak's job, I think it is folly to frame your opinion around 4 worthless games at the end of the year.

If the players quit on Kubiak in the last 4 games, I will change my mind. If the players are still buying into the system they've been buying into all year long, I see no reason to get rid of Kubiak.

It's not about winning or losing. It's not about the last 4 games of a meaningless season.

It's about how they play. If they continue to get better as they have all year long.... I'm with them, & I'm with Kubiak.

If they don't.... I'm with them, & I'm laying down on Kubiak.

Tell me, winning out at the end of the last 2 seasons did exactly what for this team in the subsequent year?

They've got to get used to winning. Doesn't matter how or when. When they get used to winning, they'll start expecting to win.

The last 3 years the Kubiak coached teams have had 5 wins going into week 14. FIVE. All two previous years this team has played well when the games don't matter. Why change your opinion based on games by a team playing out the string?

I'm not changing my opinion, unless they quit. I'm pleased with the way they've been playing. I just think they need to clean up a few mistakes.

Vinny
12-10-2009, 08:52 PM
so basically the only criterion you have for desiring change is the team quitting on him right?

DexmanC
12-10-2009, 09:15 PM
They buy into his system for half a game, and crap on it the other half.

When are they gonna buy in FULLY???

Let's see.
They haven't won a game since the HALFway mark of the season.
They play exactly one HALF of a game.

I thought this season was "A Tale of TWO Halves."

It's far worse than that. What was funny, was that they got beat with
"Play 60" painted on the field. Talk about a "comedy" of errors.

J_R
12-10-2009, 09:27 PM
That's because they relax. Well according to Amobi "THE Bust" Okoye they do. And because they thought the game was going to be handed to them(according to Eric Winston).

redwhiteANDblue
12-10-2009, 09:35 PM
. What was funny, was that they got beat with
"Play 60" painted on the field. Talk about a "comedy" of errors.

How ironic lol

DexmanC
12-10-2009, 09:37 PM
If the players quit on Kubiak in the last 4 games, I will change my mind. If the players are still buying into the system they've been buying into all year long, I see no reason to get rid of Kubiak.

It's not about winning or losing. It's not about the last 4 games of a meaningless season.

It's about how they play. If they continue to get better as they have all year long.... I'm with them, & I'm with Kubiak.

They've got to get used to winning. Doesn't matter how or when. When they get used to winning, they'll start expecting to win.

I'm not changing my opinion, unless they quit. I'm pleased with the way they've been playing. I just think they need to clean up a few mistakes.

The fact that you've just uttered this phrase lets us all know where you
stand. You don't care about championships. They'd be "nice," just like
wins would be "o.k.," so long as they look good when they cough up a lead.

You weren't the LEAST bit embarrassed at that Colts game? They dominated
a full half against the undefeated Colts, only to shit away a sure win. This
didn't cause you the least bit of humiliation? At my job, I openly claim
to be a Texans fan. The way they consistently finish games the way
they did against the Colts gets us laughed at. There are more than a
few on this board who can relate to what I just said.

It's HAAAARRRDD to be a known Texans fan. This team just FINDS new ways to
stink it up!

Vinny
12-10-2009, 09:38 PM

actually, that's nearly one of Carr's more famous quotes. He was asked about the game being a 'must win' game and I'm paraphrasing here but he said, "This isn't a must win game, it's a must play well game".

thunderkyss
12-10-2009, 10:31 PM
so basically the only criterion you have for desiring change is the team quitting on him right?

Has this defense improved over the course of the year, or haven't they?

I think Cushing is a stud, & so is Quinn they have both been getting better & better by leaps & bounds.

I'm seeing LBs contribute to pass defense. DBs hitting people as they catch the ball, knocking some of them lose, or causing the pass to be incomplete.

I believe the offensive line is playing better with Caldwell, White & Studdard in the starting Line-up, than they were when they were originally thrown into the starting line-up thanks to injury.

I think everyone will get there wish soon, & Myers will be replaced by Caldwell. Chris White & Casey Studdard are doing very well, with the occasional bone-headed (WTFWTT) moments.

AJ is on a totally different level now. Beast mode took on a new meaning this year.

& Matt is finally (over the last 3 weeks) effectively extending plays.

Consistency is the biggest issue right now, & it's gotten (is that a word?) better every week.

When I project this team into the future with Gary Kubiak, I see the end result we all want to see, & it will be soon.

I do not see the stagnant football team that others are talking about.

thunderkyss
12-10-2009, 10:49 PM

There are several teams in this league, IMHO that need to worry more about learning how to play the game, than winning. Especially a team with out an identity. They'll do this one week, & that the next week, & wins just happen...... they beat really, really bad teams simply because they are more talented. But when they face a real team. An organized offense that methodically accomplishes a game plan... & picks you apart defensively.... they look like we did against the Steelers two years back, or the Jets Earlier this year.

I don't mean that crazy crap GK would try, where we would run the ball again & again, & again, to pick up 2 yards. I mean that we learn how to play this game, at this level so that when we do decide to run... we pick up good gains more often than not. Even with Chris Brown in the back field.

& that's where we are at now. We weren't there in September. & regardless what everyone thought, we weren't there last year.

stink it up!

Everybody knows what this team & these games mean to me. I get sympathy... which I think is worse than the ribbing you get. But even they know we're playing better football than we have at any point in this franchises history.

Norg
12-10-2009, 11:39 PM
iam telling u if kubes at least win 2 games outta 4 i think hes safe ... but i could be wrong

houstonspartan
12-11-2009, 12:09 AM

stink it up!

Dex,

Come on, man. Let's be fair here for a minute. Three weeks ago, you were in the same boat and we were all calling you out.

I get that you've "seen the light," but let's hold off on being too harsh on other posters, because you damn sure wasn't saying that a few weeks ago.

I'm just saying...

Goldensilence
12-11-2009, 12:34 AM

Then...what is it about?

So even if they give monster effort..but trip over their own toes and find a way to lose all 4 of the rest of the games....you're still ok with Kubiak staying. Even after regressing to a 5-11 season?

thunderkyss
12-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Then...what is it about?

So even if they give monster effort..but trip over their own toes and find a way to lose all 4 of the rest of the games....you're still ok with Kubiak staying. Even after regressing to a 5-11 season?

Yes.

Look we can be like the Cowboys. Change coaches, change systems, change everything about the franchise midseason, & only get to the play-offs because of the weakness of the conference they play in. They lose in the first round if they are LUCKY enough to make it to the post season, & lose in the same WTF fashion you're describing right now.

Or we can be the Colts. Learn to do something well... be the best at it, and dominate for years.

You know I'm speaking the truth. The only reason the Cowboys win, is because they are more talented than the other team. They play sloppy football, & will lose against any team that has their ducks in a row.

That's not what I want for this organization.

DexmanC
12-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Dex,

Come on, man. Let's be fair here for a minute. Three weeks ago, you were in the same boat and we were all calling you out.

I get that you've "seen the light," but let's hold off on being too harsh on other posters, because you damn sure wasn't saying that a few weeks ago.

I'm just saying...

A few weeks ago, we were 5-3, and it was easier to stay in the dark. The
evidence has CLEARLY risen to the surface now. 5 straight division losses
in a row, and our consistent 6-4, 7-3, finishes on our 8-8 seasons have
come to light. I'll try to back off, but the evidence is glaring now. It's
so strong, that I have to squint when I look at Kubiak's pressers.

...but I feel ya though.

houstonspartan
12-11-2009, 09:16 PM
Yes.

Look we can be like the Cowboys. Change coaches, change systems, change everything about the franchise midseason, & only get to the play-offs because of the weakness of the conference they play in. They lose in the first round if they are LUCKY enough to make it to the post season, & lose in the same WTF fashion you're describing right now.

Or we can be the Colts. Learn to do something well... be the best at it, and dominate for years.

You know I'm speaking the truth. The only reason the Cowboys win, is because they are more talented than the other team. They play sloppy football, & will lose against any team that has their ducks in a row.

That's not what I want for this organization.

Are you kidding me?

Ok, so what DO you want for this organization? 8-8?

You're right about the Cowboys. But, so what? What the hell does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

I agree that the Cowboys blew it when they fired Jimmy Johnson, because he was building a solid foundation. But, Jimmy Johnson was a BALL BUSTER. He did not play. THAT is why they won with him.

We don't have that kind of coach.

TxDavid
12-11-2009, 09:57 PM
What if the Texans finish the season by losing their last 8 games? That is still a real possibility.

Now there's a thought that's gonna fester......:eek:

Houston_Fanatic
12-11-2009, 11:01 PM
Read my soap. The answer is NO.

We are 1-5 against our division opponents and no reasonable hopes for a playoff spot. I am tired of having nothing to play for in December so these last games don't mean squat to me.