PDA

View Full Version : Locker Room Wall Quote..

Texans_bull
12-09-2009, 05:37 PM
This should be in the locker room of the Texans..

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -- Tom Landry

Mr. White
12-09-2009, 05:39 PM
That would be a better quote for the coaches' office.

TheRealJoker
12-09-2009, 06:04 PM

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -- Tom Landry

I don't think that's the problem.

See: Schaub not being allowed to call audibles, the coaches staying with the script when Rex Grossman came into the game.

If anything, this coaching staff is all too insistent on staying the course. Problem is, their initial course is quite often headed towards a dead end.

m5kwatts
12-09-2009, 06:06 PM
How about a wall quote that says "We're no longer posting stupid wall quotes because this hasn't worked the past 3 seasons"

brakos82
12-09-2009, 06:07 PM
I don't think that's the problem.

See: Schaub not being allowed to call audibles, the coaches staying with the script when Rex Grossman came into the game.

If anything, this coaching staff is all too insistent on staying the course. Problem is, their initial course is quite often headed towards a dead end.
"Now, you can't do that! If you do it, I'm telling you you'll have more hell over it than a little bit."

Vinny
12-09-2009, 06:12 PM
I've got a better one

If you don't know where you are going, you will wind up somewhere else - Yogi Berra.

Joe Texan
12-09-2009, 06:18 PM
victory is sweetest when you've known defeat.
malcom forbes

Porky
12-09-2009, 06:32 PM
http://legallyblunt.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/mediocrity-lollipop3.jpg

Goldensilence
12-09-2009, 06:35 PM
How about the Tennessee Titans started 0-6 and now have the same record as us.

IlliniJen
12-09-2009, 06:46 PM
http://site.despair.com/images/dpage/ineptitude03.jpg

False Start
12-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Gosh darnit kids, we need to get out there and bust our tails on every play....BATTLE DAG NABBIT!

Gary Kubiak

Nawzer
12-09-2009, 07:16 PM
My sig is perfect. Although, I think it would apply specifically to Kubiak. Maybe he can hang it in his office...

Norg
12-09-2009, 07:24 PM
i dont see why yall people think these players need motives or funny signs to win games

when have u seen Jeff zogina get over bent out of shape after a tough loss and hes been doing this for years

This is there job if they dont play well they might not have a job anymore thats motive enough

Livid13
12-09-2009, 07:30 PM

Let me preface this by stating that I mean NO offense to any religious people on this board. THE best "sign" I've ever read on a wall was in the men's room at the Texas Chili Parlor. It simply said, " Jesus saves and passes to Gretzky, who scores ! ".

False Start
12-09-2009, 07:33 PM
i dont see why yall people think these players need motives or funny signs to win games

when have u seen Jeff zogina get over bent out of shape after a tough loss and hes been doing this for years

This is there job if they dont play well they might not have a job anymore thats motive enough

Agreed, I was just messing around. If they need a sign, then it should be a sign pointing to the unemployment line.

treduke
12-09-2009, 07:35 PM
this team is waaaay overdue for a dick butkus pep talk

PapaL
12-09-2009, 07:36 PM
I have one:

Sucking a little less since...well never.

DexmanC
12-09-2009, 07:36 PM
Gosh darnit kids, we need to get out there and bust our tails on every play....
BATTLE DAG NABBIT!

Gary Kubiak

LMAO!! Rep!
:goodpost:

Hagar
12-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Since losing has become a habit for us over the past three weeks, I thought this one was appropriate:

“Winning is not a sometime thing, it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.” ~ Vince Lombardi

“The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will.” ~ Vince Lombardi

While you gotta luv those Vince sayings; you can never go wrong with a Yoda.

“Do or do not. There is no try" ~ Yoda

False Start
12-09-2009, 08:29 PM
While you gotta luv those Vince sayings; you can never go wrong with a Yoda.

Yoda for HC! :jam:

Then he could tell Chris brown, "suck you do, and cut you are."

El Tejano
12-10-2009, 04:55 PM
"Now, you can't do that! If you do it, I'm telling you you'll have more hell over it than a little bit."

That's three holding penalties on one team in one quarter......It ain't funny!!!

brakos82
12-10-2009, 04:57 PM
That's three holding penalties on one team in one quarter......It ain't funny!!!
Well it aint over till the fat man spits. *ptoo*

Texan_Bill
12-10-2009, 06:28 PM

"Hey, can I, can I tell you one thing? That's three holding penalties on one football team in a quarter and a half. (Pauses) That ain't funny." :)

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_UK3VTvLycFY/R13hrLu1A_I/AAAAAAAAGH4/o9gQuqX1fAw/s720/IMG_2027.JPG

TimeKiller
12-10-2009, 06:34 PM
Yoda. Awesome.

Seriously, I would post this right where everyone had to look at it every time they walked out to the field:

"This is my house" -Vince Young

Then I tell them they can take it down when it's not true.

JB
12-10-2009, 09:25 PM
Yoda. Awesome.

Seriously, I would post this right where everyone had to look at it every time they walked out to the field:

"This is my house" -Vince Young

Then I tell them they can take it down when it's not true.

QFT

That is exactly what should be there!

treduke
12-11-2009, 12:45 AM
"a noble spirit embiggens the smallest man"-jebediah springfield