PDA

View Full Version : My offseason wish list.

forcefollow
12-08-2009, 06:29 PM
1. New GM
2. New Head Coach
3. New assistants
4. New QB
5. Draft a running back with a high pick
6. Draft or sign a decent safety
7. Draft or sign corners
8. Draft or sign DTs
9. New tackle.

I think Dunta and Daniels needs to be traded, I think Schaub needs to be traded.

I am in favor of the biggest shake up in the history of the franchise. Here is a list of players that I would keep the rest are subject to be dumped:
Mario, Demeco, Cushing, Slaton, Andre Johnson, Vonte Leach, Eric Winston and that's all.

utahmark
12-08-2009, 06:32 PM
that's a lot of stuff!

Carr Bombed
12-08-2009, 06:39 PM
I don't really mind keeping Rick Smith, he's done a pretty good job with the draft.

m5kwatts
12-08-2009, 06:45 PM
#4 #5 & #9 are both ridiculous and idiotic as are your trade suggestions. Move on people nothing to see here.

Imatexanfan
12-08-2009, 06:53 PM
#4 #5 & #9 are both ridiculous and idiotic as are your trade suggestions. Move on people nothing to see here.

Shit the way things are going on with Mr. Bob, #'s 1-9 is ridiculous...Don't see 'em spending NO mulah...oh but :fans:

Goldensilence
12-08-2009, 06:58 PM
I don't really mind keeping Rick Smith, he's done a pretty good job with the draft.

Based on what? Just curious. Not saying he's done terrible, I just think average at best.

forcefollow
12-08-2009, 07:31 PM

Judging from your objections to my list it would be safe to assume that you think Shaub is a durable QB that can play an entire season including the playoffs and lead the team to 4th quarter wins. I also assume that you believe Slaton, although clearly a good back, can be an every down back that can be relied upon in short yardage situations. You must also believe that Duane (can't remember his last name) is good in pass protection.

OKAY...... I'm sold. Next year the Texans are superbowl bound baby yeah!!!!:splits:

imatexan
12-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Wow.

Just wow.

How about we trade the Texans organization that will really shake things up!!!

:thinking:

Livid13
12-08-2009, 07:50 PM
....and I thought I WAS PISSED ? That's a bit extreme. What you're saying is that you start from "zero". That ain't, nor should it, going to happen. Take a Xanax and calm down a bit....

Thorn
12-08-2009, 07:57 PM
I do have a few complaints about Schaub, but he's still better than about half of the starting QBs in this league. There's a reason Rexxy Baby is a ex-super bowl QB, but is now Schaub's backup.

The idea of a complete reboot of the team scares me. The idea of a new head coach re-molding the team with some changes doesn't.

m5kwatts
12-08-2009, 08:13 PM
Judging from your objections to my list it would be safe to assume that you think Shaub is a durable QB that can play an entire season including the playoffs and lead the team to 4th quarter wins. I also assume that you believe Slaton, although clearly a good back, can be an every down back that can be relied upon in short yardage situations. You must also believe that Duane (can't remember his last name) is good in pass protection.

OKAY...... I'm sold. Next year the Texans are superbowl bound baby yeah!!!!:splits:

We saw what happened when Schaub left the game Sunday. The whole offense curled up in the fetal position. It was pathetic and reminded me of all those awful Bears offenses. This team needs Schaub more than any other player on the team.

Whether or not Slaton is an every down back isn't the issue, the issue is spending a high pick on a back. I don't think thats ever a good idea. We need to address DT S G C or CB in the high rounds, safer picks with longer shelf life. Besides the interior offensive line is holding our running game back, not our running backs.

Duane had a bad game Sunday because he stupidly played through pain that obviously hindered his play. Thats on the coaching staff. Otherwise I think we're set at tackle with him and Winston. Remember, the INTERIOR line is the issue.

BigBull17
12-09-2009, 08:55 AM
We saw what happened when Schaub left the game Sunday. The whole offense curled up in the fetal position. It was pathetic and reminded me of all those awful Bears offenses. This team needs Schaub more than any other player on the team.

Whether or not Slaton is an every down back isn't the issue, the issue is spending a high pick on a back. I don't think thats ever a good idea. We need to address DT S G C or CB in the high rounds, safer picks with longer shelf life. Besides the interior offensive line is holding our running game back, not our running backs.

Duane had a bad game Sunday because he stupidly played through pain that obviously hindered his play. Thats on the coaching staff. Otherwise I think we're set at tackle with him and Winston. Remember, the INTERIOR line is the issue.

:goodpost: This. Teams would line up to sign Schaub if he was on the market. He would be the big name FA.

Wolf6151
12-09-2009, 09:26 AM
1. New GM
2. New Head Coach
3. New assistants
4. New QB
5. Draft a running back with a high pick
6. Draft or sign a decent safety
7. Draft or sign corners
8. Draft or sign DTs
9. New tackle.

I think Dunta and Daniels needs to be traded, I think Schaub needs to be traded.

I am in favor of the biggest shake up in the history of the franchise. Here is a list of players that I would keep the rest are subject to be dumped:
Mario, Demeco, Cushing, Slaton, Andre Johnson, Vonte Leach, Eric Winston and that's all.

I agree with 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8.

You can't trade Dunta and Daniels, they're both FA at the end of the year. You can't trade players that aren't under contract. Also it would take years to rebuild this team if we gut it the way you want. Yes there are players that need to be given their pink slip but you've taken it to the extreme.

HOU-TEX
12-09-2009, 09:38 AM
I agree with 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, 8.

You can't trade Dunta and Daniels, they're both FA at the end of the year. You can't trade players that aren't under contract. Also it would take years to rebuild this team if we gut it the way you want. Yes there are players that need to be given their pink slip but you've taken it to the extreme.

OD is a RFA, and yes, you can trade them. Who cares about Dunta?

That said, trading OD would be dumber than anything Kubiak ever did.

False Start
12-09-2009, 10:04 AM
Yeah, lets get rid of Schaub, get a rookie QB, or a scrub off the scrap heap, and start all over again. :ok:

HOU-TEX
12-09-2009, 10:07 AM
Yeah, lets get rid of Schaub, get a rookie QB, or a scrub off the scrap heap, and start all over again. :ok:

Quinn might be available. :backsout:

BattleRedToro
12-09-2009, 10:17 AM

I don't agree with the never draft a RB in the 1st Round mantra. I think it is OK to draft a RB in the 1st Round, but they need to be special: Jim Brown, Earl Campbell, O.J. Simpson, Eric Dickerson, Barry Sanders, etc.

False Start
12-09-2009, 10:54 AM
Quinn might be available. :backsout:

:backsout:

ChrisG
12-09-2009, 11:29 AM
how can u suggest trading one of the best TEs and our most productive reciever this year? Dunta should take nickle cb money or leave