PDA

View Full Version : Willis Mcgahee

El Tejano
12-08-2009, 04:57 PM
I am keeping my eye on this player. Is he a free agent next year? Just saying, dude is currently in a crowded back field and he has been quoted as saying he doesn't know his role on the team.

Well, Willis, in Houston your role could be the #1 back on the team. Excellent receiver out of the backfield, can take on a load of touches. Typically comes in on 3rd down so I am sure he is a good pass blocker. Most importantly, he's a goaline back and could get us those TDs on the goaline.

Any chance?

Texecutioner
12-08-2009, 05:02 PM
I am keeping my eye on this player. Is he a free agent next year? Just saying, dude is currently in a crowded back field and he has been quoted as saying he doesn't know his role on the team.

Well, Willis, in Houston your role could be the #1 back on the team. Excellent receiver out of the backfield, can take on a load of touches. Typically comes in on 3rd down so I am sure he is a good pass blocker. Most importantly, he's a goaline back and could get us those TDs on the goaline.

Any chance?

So basically you want another banged up Rb with a ton of miles on him whose best years are behind him that is similar to Amaan Green and Chris Brown when we brought them in? Well if that's the case you might want to keep an eye on Portis as well then.

I can guarantee you that Kubes has his eyes on both of these backs. He loves these types.

I'd much rather prefer a young stud out of college, thank you.

Vinny
12-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Willis is past his prime. We need a young back, not a broken down older back.

Blake
12-08-2009, 05:13 PM
Whatchu talkin abotu Willis? We need new legs via the draft.

gary
12-08-2009, 05:19 PM
Draft an RB it's really quite simple.

AnthonyE
12-08-2009, 05:52 PM
Willis is past his prime. We need a young back, not a broken down older back.

At least he can still score TDs. 7 on the season with only 75 attempts.

That's more than Chris Brown has ever had in one season.

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in. Even if he is older an slightly run down.

bah007
12-08-2009, 08:21 PM
At least he can still score TDs. 7 on the season with only 75 attempts.

That's more than Chris Brown has ever had in one season.

I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in. Even if he is older an slightly run down.

Pretty much word for word what we all said when Green was brought in.

mariowillshine15
12-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Willis was never the same after that knee injury in the national championship game. It's a shame because he was amazing in college. If we were getting that guy id say hell yea.

El Tejano
12-09-2009, 11:52 AM
Okay so, maybe he's not the #1 guy. My bad. But wouldn't he be more productive here than he is being in Bmore?

jaayteetx
12-09-2009, 12:15 PM
We need OL help, doesn't matter whose toting the rock if they can't open running lanes.

Vinny
12-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Okay so, maybe he's not the #1 guy. My bad. But wouldn't he be more productive here than he is being in Bmore?
not without better players from Guard to Guard. One reason Kubiak ran that idiotic flea flicker was because of the weak interior.

El Tejano
12-09-2009, 12:17 PM
not without better players from Guard to Guard. One reason Kubiak ran that idiotic flea flicker was because of the weak interior.

That's the response I was looking for. So do you know if there are any good Guards in FA coming up this year?

Vinny
12-09-2009, 12:22 PM
That's the response I was looking for. So do you know if there are any good Guards in FA coming up this year?
I haven't looked but that would be my plan. Secure a ass kicking G with some experience if at all possible and bring in a feature back via the draft to share the load with Slaton.