PDA

View Full Version : Would it have been better to sit Schaub until the 2nd half?

TheRealJoker
12-08-2009, 02:23 PM
As you all know, Schaub came back into the game just in time to lead the Texans on their only td drive of the half. This was great because we had absolutely nothing going for us on offense prior to his return. However, it gave the Jaguars the time to readjust back to Schaub and they immediately forced a three and out in the 2nd half because they have a coaching staff that values making halftime adjustments.

How do you think things would've played out had Schaub stayed in the locker room until the 3rd quarter? We probably wouldn't have scored in the first half, but I bet we would've gotten that first td his initial drive rather than the three and out. Then from there the Jags are on their heels in a similar way as us when Alex Smith came in for the 49ers.

Do you think it would've changed the outcome of the game? Or do you think the likely larger halftime deficit combined with the coaching staff forcing Chris Brown into critical plays of the game would've yielded the same result?

Texan_Bill
12-08-2009, 02:30 PM
I think the Texans were one dumbass play from a win (Half back pass). Okay, okay, a couple of plays.
So I say, I'm glad Schaub came back into the game. He at least gave us a chance.

hobie
12-08-2009, 02:34 PM
I agree with TB.. at least he gave the Texans a chance.. Grossman, eh, we saw what he brought....

mariowillshine15
12-08-2009, 02:54 PM
I think we should of played James Casey at QB over Grossman. That guy was wretched.

mussop
12-08-2009, 03:03 PM
NO! This game was to important. If he can play you have to put him in.

El Tejano
12-08-2009, 03:07 PM
BTW, shout out to Schaub for showing he still wanted to win.

Did any of you see him on the sideline and think he was pretty upset with some of the guys on offense and the play calling?

TimeKiller
12-08-2009, 03:24 PM
BTW, shout out to Schaub for showing he still wanted to win.

Did any of you see him on the sideline and think he was pretty upset with some of the guys on offense and the play calling?

I thought so. For a guy usually with a "calm" about him he looked kinda pissed actually.