PDA

View Full Version : Where is Dan-O???

No More 8-8's
12-08-2009, 10:26 AM
Where the heck is Dan Orvlosky? We gave a large signing bonus and an extended contract, and he cant even be our backup QB??

Last Sunday, was the reason we over paid for a backup qb, in case Schaub gets hurt. But instead of Dan-O (on of our big FA) we get Rex Grossman.

Im not complaining about Rex, but why spend all that money on a backup QB and he is not even active the season. That money could be better used to get DeMeco and OD signed.

4Texans
12-08-2009, 10:30 AM
Kubiak said on 610 yesterday that both Grossman and Dan O would be getting more reps in practice in case Matt can't go....

Vinny
12-08-2009, 10:31 AM
He's on the bench where he is supposed to be. Frankly I wasn't all that impressed with him in the preseason in relation to his contract. Nice signing.

Thorn
12-08-2009, 10:33 AM
Dan O was signed to be our future quality back up and perhaps heir to main QB job. Rexxy baby was signed for insurance purposes only. However, as it turned out Rex won the backup job. I don't think Rex will be back next year and Dan O will be our certain number 2 next year.

No More 8-8's
12-08-2009, 11:08 AM
I am sorry but why spend that type of money even if he wont be your QB in the short term. Like he is going to get better by not playing???

Vinny
12-08-2009, 11:13 AM
I am sorry but why spend that type of money even if he wont be your QB in the short term. Like he is going to get better by not playing???
I guess Kubiak found out that Grossman is the better player...hence the third string designation. The time to play Orlovsky isn't when you are battling for the playoffs. The NFL season is so short you really don't have any on the job training time unless you are the Lions, the expansion Texans or a rebuilding team. Right now would be a better time to play him but it's marketing time, so the team must finish strong to better market the off-season. Frankly, after the game the marketing guys held a meeting without coaches or Jaimie Roots. I heard it was emotional and inspirational. Watch out for this off-season marketing campaign...it's gonna be something to watch.

Norg
12-08-2009, 12:14 PM
hes on the bench with the clip board learning like he should be

REX is our backup intill we get a new one or he sucks it up LOL

Runner
12-08-2009, 12:16 PM
He's on the bench where he is supposed to be. Frankly I wasn't all that impressed with him in the preseason in relation to his contract. Nice signing.

A perfect example of Kubes having to make do with less talent than he should. He shows amazing restraint for not holding accountable the person who forced Orlovsky on him.

eriadoc
12-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Wrecks Grossman or Dan Orlovsky .... meh, same difference.

No More 8-8's
12-08-2009, 12:52 PM
hes on the bench with the clip board learning like he should be

So we paid all that money for a student?

Thorn
12-08-2009, 12:58 PM
So we paid all that money for a student?

It would seem so. LOL

No More 8-8's
12-08-2009, 02:11 PM
It would seem so. LOL

Then please sign me up......i can do exactly what Dan-O has done this year......LEARN.

TimeKiller
12-08-2009, 02:23 PM
I think Orlovsky has some good tools but needed some time to learn. Frankly if Schaub can't go I'd rather see someone with a future like DO than someone with a past like Grossman.