PDA

View Full Version : What an absolute shame. This was an easy year

gtexan02
12-08-2009, 10:47 AM
Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Miami all sitting at 6-6 after making the playoffs last year.
Tennessee sitting at 5-7 after a 13-3 year last year.
New England is barely hanging on to a 7-5 record.
Texans matched up against the NFC West.

If someone had told me that the 8-8 Texans of last year would have all this going for them, I would have bet the house on playoffs.

This years playoffs would have been very easily attainable. Our division games were winnable. Total disappointment by the Texans. What a year to waste

Runner
12-08-2009, 11:01 AM
It did set up rather nicely, looking at it now. This year was a good opportunity to at least stay in the running to the end, if not make it to the playoffs.

I doubt the path is easier next year.

noxiousdog
12-08-2009, 11:03 AM
I agree, but to be fair, 5 of the 7 losses are to teams that would be in the playoffs if they started today.

Mr. White
12-08-2009, 11:05 AM
I agree, but to be fair, 5 of the 7 losses are to teams that would be in the playoffs if they started today.

Which tells me that we still can't beat good teams. Some things never change.

Runner
12-08-2009, 11:08 AM

Maybe one of next year's goals can be to beat more playoff caliber teams. Is that too much to ask for a talented, leaderless team with a fifth year rookie head coach?

phantom17
12-08-2009, 11:10 AM
This is always every year with this team, not surprising! I hope alot of die hard fans don't keep on accepting CRAPPY FOOTBALL from Kubes & McNair! I don't remember a winning season with this team...............oh wait, they never had one & it's a foreign concept to this owner, who talks about winning often, he's like a small child who keeps on hammering the square peg on a round hole!:polevault:

noxiousdog
12-08-2009, 11:18 AM
Which tells me that we still can't beat good teams. Some things never change.

No doubt. If you want to be a playoff team, you have to beat playoff teams. There's too much talent (now) to be mediocre.

I was just taking exception at the idea of 'easy.'

Vinny
12-08-2009, 12:19 PM
Next year we play the NFC East right?

jaayteetx
12-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Doesn't matter who we play next year, bottom line is we need to take care of business in our own division. Until we can do that, its all futile.

JDizzle
12-08-2009, 12:21 PM

Yep, and this time we play the Cowboys at Reliant.

houstonspartan
12-08-2009, 12:48 PM
What's even more upsetting is that both Tennessee and Jacksonville stumbled out of the gate.

Every thing was set up perfectly for the Texans. What a waste.

Norg
12-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Miami all sitting at 6-6 after making the playoffs last year.

If someone had told me that the 8-8 Texans of last year would have all this going for them, I would have bet the house on playoffs.

This years playoffs would have been very easily attainable. Our division games were winnable. Total disappointment by the Texans. What a year to waste

there is a problem there

say it was easy for Tenn they started off 0-6

It deff wasent easy for us

say it was easy for for the Jags THe got wipped by the "easy" NFC west Frisco wipped them seahawks wipped them St louis battled them to OT i think

and if i remember correct the Cards Beat them

and the colts wipped all of us

Playing in the AFC south is not easy either the colts wipp us all and we all wipp each other thats what usually happens

Ckw
12-08-2009, 12:58 PM
Biggest reason Kubiak should be fired. If he couldn't get the players to believe and accomplish something this year, I don't see how anyone can believe he will ever be able to effectively lead this team.

Norg
12-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Biggest reason Kubiak should be fired. If he couldn't get the players to believe and accomplish something this year, I don't see how anyone can believe he will ever be able to effectively lead this team.

these players dont need to believe in something, or have there hand held or get some emotional speech and half time. this isnt college these are Grown ass MEN !!!!!!!

they should know what it takes to win and if they cant get it done they should be fired

Vinny
12-08-2009, 01:05 PM
these players dont need to believe in something, or have there hand held or get some emotional speech and half time. this isnt college these are Grown ass MEN !!!!!!!
Grown Men need leadership too you know. Kubiak has about the worst body language I've ever seen in a leader of Men.

Runner
12-08-2009, 01:09 PM

Yep, and this time we play the Cowboys at Reliant.

Since Ws and Ls aren't the ultimate measuring stick for some, does it even matter if the Texans win this game as long and Kubes has them show some improvement somewhere?

mussop
12-08-2009, 01:11 PM
OP get tready for the obligitory "but see even good teams are having bad years" so its exceptable response.

Norg
12-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Grown Men need leadership too you know. Kubiak has about the worst body language I've ever seen in a leader of Men.

"Grown Men need leadership too you know"

No when there playing football in the NFL then no i disagree they dont need a leader

that was proven just yesterday Ray lewis is a great vocal learder it didnt help them to much on monday the loss to Greenbay

Vinny
12-08-2009, 01:13 PM

No when there playing football in the NFL then no i disagree they dont need a leaderYou have a lot of growing up to do if you don't think Men need good leadership. You probably grew up with the "everyone is a winner" and no red marks on your homework, don't keep score, and make sure you study for your TAKS test environment, where they try to make you believe that we are all equal in everything we do.

mussop
12-08-2009, 01:14 PM

Yeh his turning his back in crucial situations is just about as bad as Capers open mouth dumbfounded look. What does that say about his internal fortitude? That is something a coach has to have an abundance of.

mussop
12-08-2009, 01:16 PM

No when there playing football in the NFL then no i disagree they dont need a leader

that was proven just yesterday Ray lewis is a great vocal learder it didnt help them to much on monday the loss to Greenbay

WOW one of the dumbest posts I have ever seen on here. That is hall of fame material right there.

Norg
12-08-2009, 01:17 PM
You have a lot of growing up to do if you don't think Men need good leadership. You probably grew up with the "everyone is a winner" and no red marks on your homework, don't keep score, and make sure you study for your TAKS test environment, where they try to make you believe that we are all equal in everything we do.

we are not equall there is Straight A students and all the rest of us are B and C LOL

i just dont think the million dollar players who play football for a living need a leader

JDizzle
12-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Since Ws and Ls aren't the ultimate measuring stick for some, does it even matter if the Texans win this game as long and Kubes has them show some improvement somewhere?

I am optimistic in that I am assuming that Kubiak will not be on our sideline during that game, or any game next season for that matter.

Double Barrel
12-08-2009, 01:25 PM
OP get tready for the obligitory "but see even good teams are having bad years" so its exceptable response.

And Captain Myopic might call you pathetic for not drinking the Guyana punch!

:ohsnap:

Yankee_In_TX
12-08-2009, 02:12 PM

Are you kidding me??!? The AFC wild card was gift wrapped and handed to us, and we set it on fire, and after it mostly burned peed on it to put it out.

aamcneill
12-08-2009, 02:30 PM
The Texans entered the season with a middle-of-the-pack strength of schedule, ranked 15th in the NFL. I'd venture to guess that based on opponents' records it looks a little tougher right now. Despite the next two games.

It's safe to say that this has been the most disappointing season in the franchise's history. The 2-14 season was bad but looking back, it at least led to a solid draft.

But this was the year the Texans were supposed to take "the leap." They were supposed to make the playoffs and contend for the division. They were supposed to beat the Colts.

There are a lot of people at fault for this season. Kubiak hasn't proven himself to be a great coach, sure. But he's not the only one at fault. I'm questioning whether or not Schaub is the one to lead the Texans also, despite the sometimes gaudy numbers he puts up.

At some point, someone on the field for the Texans must step up and take responsibility for the team and will them to become a good team. Right now, the team doesn't seem to have that player.

Texecutioner
12-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Kubiak has proven himself to be a great coach, sure.

Not one winning season in 4 years, and he's a great coach? :spit:

Texecutioner
12-08-2009, 02:35 PM
At some point, someone on the field for the Texans must step up and take responsibility for the team and will them to become a good team. Right now, the team doesn't seem to have that player.

That's called coaching.

aamcneill
12-08-2009, 02:36 PM
Oops, left of the n't.

aamcneill
12-08-2009, 02:39 PM
Coaching is a part of it, definitely. But there has to be somebody on the field doing it. The coach can only yell and scream on the sidelines. Somebody has to be the one coaching and motivating on the field.

On offense, it's usually the quarterback. But I don't always see it from Schaub. I saw it when Chris White committed a false start on 4-and-1 on Sunday, but I don't see it enough at the end of close games.

On defense, it's DeMeco's role. To be honest, I'm not totally sure whether or not he's been doing it.

Blake
12-08-2009, 02:42 PM

Thats what team captains are for.

TexansSeminole
12-08-2009, 03:13 PM
Yeh his turning his back in crucial situations is just about as bad as Capers open mouth dumbfounded look. What does that say about his internal fortitude? That is something a coach has to have an abundance of.

It's extremely frustrating to watch. I've never seen a coach at any level do that besides Kubiak.

Ckw
12-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Thats what team captains are for.

Agreed. The problem is this team not only doesn't have a coach with a "winner's mentality" or the confidence to make the team believe they should win any close game, but they also don't have a team leader/captain that does this as well because they are a team of "losers". Now when I say losers, I am not saying it so much in the derogatory term but more that it is a team that has become accustomed to losing and especially accustomed to losing close games. If Kubiak stays, which I personally hope he does not unless it is as our offensive coordinator (which I know won't happen, we have got to sign a big time free agent this year that is a leader in the mold of a Brian Dawkins/Ray Lewis, etc.

Perhaps I judge the man too much but as Vinny said, Kubiak has some of the worst body language for a leader that I have ever seen. The guy just does not exhibit the confidence I think a team of "losers" needs to be able win in the NFL.

houstonspartan
12-08-2009, 06:17 PM
we are not equall there is Straight A students and all the rest of us are B and C LOL

i just dont think the million dollar players who play football for a living need a leader

I'm not trying to offend you, but that's extremely narrow-minded, dense thinking. Everyone needs a leader. EVERYONE.

Leadership is how things get done, how the tone for a company, team, country, organization, whatever, is set.

You can't have million dollar players running around the field like fools.

And, using your theory, the million dollar players on Sunday would have ignored Kubiak's advice about the option play, and just done their own thing. Instead, they followed their LEADER, and did what they were asked.

(Granted, it was a shitty call, but still. You know what I'm saying).

dalemurphy
12-08-2009, 06:21 PM

do we play the AFC south again?:gun:

jaayteetx
12-08-2009, 06:34 PM
do we play the AFC south again?:gun:

there lies the problem!

DexmanC
12-08-2009, 06:40 PM

http://i50.tinypic.com/2wd13eq.jpg

False Start
12-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Yep, I remember when the schedule was released, folks were psyched about how easy it looked. Now here we are, 12 games into the season, saying well it looked easy, lol. I guess the old cliché's rings true, that's why you have to play the games, and nothing is a given. :mad:

WesmanTexanfan
12-08-2009, 07:52 PM
and our schedule was/is great....

euro-Texan
12-08-2009, 09:26 PM

We should go after some of those coaches. Those dirtbags will surely get the axe.