PDA

View Full Version : Assuming Kubiak Stays.....

Mr. White
12-08-2009, 07:47 AM
And it's a real safe assumption. Feel free to check the Cowher thread for the latest rumors.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1319447&postcount=497
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1319454&postcount=498 (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1319454&postcount=498)

Looks like all signs are pointing to Kubiak staying around for another year.

When McNair says it's on the players, he really means it's on the players. Take that vote of confidence for Kubiak last week at face value.

What's your plan as a fan for next year?

Thorn
12-08-2009, 07:50 AM

My plans for next year will not change no matter what happens in the off season. I'll be here cheering them on. Until I get pissed again, then I'll still be here cheering them on, but berating whatever aspect of the team I feel is the problem.

Just like always. LOL

TheIronDuke
12-08-2009, 08:04 AM
Pretty much same as Thorn. Though if I were a season ticket holder I'd be steamed and probably wouldn't be if they didn't can Kubes. It's times like these I'm happy I'm not financially invested in this team.

nunusguy
12-08-2009, 08:18 AM
It's times like these I'm happy I'm not financially invested in this team.

Actually this might be a good time to invest (more along emotional terms)
in the team with expectations already being lowered substantially for the upcoming 2010 season ?
But I'm with the Texans, no matter their record.

drewmar74
12-08-2009, 08:28 AM
Actually this might be a good time to invest (more along emotional terms)
in the team with expectations already being lowered substantially for the upcoming 2010 season ?
But I'm with the Texans, no matter their record.

If they don't fire Kubiak, then I'll still cheer (I've been with them this long - why quit now?) but I won't expect anything. If we do well, great. But I'm not counting on it.

McNair might think that its on the players, and that's fine. But there are (or should be) coaches behind the players getting them ready for Sunday and holding them accountable for their play. That's where the blame should reside.

Drew_Smoke
12-08-2009, 08:30 AM
Get ready to cheer for Kubes cuz he will be back.

"Listen to the fans and you will soon be sitting with them...."

El Tejano
12-08-2009, 08:35 AM
I'm with them too. Just not putting as much emotion in them. It helps my heart rate. If Kubiak stays I would like to see him make a big FA or Draft splash. Something to get the fan base excited again.

Kaiser Toro
12-08-2009, 08:42 AM
More fishing will be my plan. My expectations for next year will be 8-8 and my time investment in the Texans will follow suit. The latest chirpings sound like McNair is going to ride out the choppy CBA waters with the current regime. From a business standpoint I get it, as a fan it makes me apathetic.

nero THE zero
12-08-2009, 08:44 AM
Cheer from my couch and vote with my wallet.

Texan_Bill
12-08-2009, 08:47 AM

Wear red on Battle Red Day, wear white on Liberty White Day, wear blue on Steel Blue Day and yell my ass off!!! What else??

Cjeremy635
12-08-2009, 09:05 AM
I'm going to keep cheering these guys on regardless. I honestly think we are headed in the right direction and I know I'm in the minority, but I'd actually like Kubiak to stay. I do not see another person out there right now that is a better fit for this current roster. I think he's got his system in place and the new defensive/offensive coordinators will have another year under their belts, which will definately help. I put a lot of the blame on the players and think that we really need some vocal veteran leadership on this team, not including Dunta. I think there's a lot of frustration and knee jerk reactions going on right now by the fans and I think a coaching change would be the same type of reaction by the owner. It's really tough to get from bad to mediocre to elite. We made it half way, not it's it's going to be even harder to made the next step. Remember back how pathetic we were before Kubiak got here. Most of us were just hoping for some form of a team that actually resembled an NFL franchise. We have assembled that by completely overturning the roster and dealing with a screwed up franchise left by the Casserly/Capers combo. We are headed in the right direction folks, but it's a little slower than I or you hoped for. Regardless of how you feel, we are building this thing right, through the draft, but it takes a little longer. I think we've got a great core group of players now and we can actually focus on a few key free agent acquisitions that can help push us over the top. So, I'm actually pushing for him to stay.

ATXtexanfan
12-08-2009, 09:07 AM
I'm down no matter what. Good times and bad.

Mr. White
12-08-2009, 09:07 AM
If McNair's right (and he isn't) and all this ineptitude is on the players, then that brings about more questions.

Fans are jumping right off right now and we need seasoned veterans. Are we going to make a splash in free agency to turn the tide?

How the hell are we gonna fix the run game? How many more linemen and running backs are we gonna need to get positive yards?

Are we gonna draft more promising linemen and not play them like Antoine Caldwell?

Can we finally put Alex Gibbs out to pasture?

WTF are we gonna do about our DB's? Can we finally get a stud safety?

Last year it was the hurricane. This year it's the youth. What's the excuse gonna be next year?

IlliniJen
12-08-2009, 09:08 AM
Then I'm done. The Texans gear stays in the closet. I go out on Sundays to watch all the games at sports bars and cheer on my fantasy football team and perhaps the Saints.

I'm not satisfied with being treated like a mindless drone who will cheer a team on regardless of how stupid the owner is. This is a dealbreaker for me. The proverbial straw.

HOU-TEX
12-08-2009, 09:23 AM
More fishing will be my plan. My expectations for next year will be 8-8 and my time investment in the Texans will follow suit. The latest chirpings sound like McNair is going to ride out the choppy CBA waters with the current regime. From a business standpoint I get it, as a fan it makes me apathetic.

^^This^^ I just replaced the head gasket on my little outboard and I'm already ready to go out again.

I will still watch them every Sunday and go to my handful of games, but I will no longer allow them so much emotional control over me.

jaayteetx
12-08-2009, 09:27 AM
Don't think I'll be renewing my season tickets, but I live in New Mexico. If I lived out in Texas, probably be a different story. I'll still purchase Sunday ticket and be cheering them on, prob to another 8-8 season.

Cjeremy635
12-08-2009, 09:27 AM
^^This^^ I just replaced the head gasket on my little outboard and I'm already ready to go out again.

I will still watch them every Sunday and go to my handful of games, but I will no longer allow them so much emotional control over me.

I already made that decision 2 weeks ago. I'm normally screaming at the TV and seriously pissed off after a loss. My blood pressure goes through the roof and my week is ruined until atleast Wednesday. I finally had to say "screw it" and just not get so wrapped up in it. I mean hey, it's not like I'm out there actually suiting up where I have some sort of control as to what goes on during a game. I miss being that fired up, but it's not healthy for me and I can't keep riding that emotional rollercoaster.

BigBull17
12-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Then I'm done. The Texans gear stays in the closet. I go out on Sundays to watch all the games at sports bars and cheer on my fantasy football team and perhaps the Saints.

I'm not satisfied with being treated like a mindless drone who will cheer a team on regardless of how stupid the owner is. This is a dealbreaker for me. The proverbial straw.

Im getting there. It's so hard to watch a team when yopu keep waiting for the hammer to drop. They got the hammer out of the way early Sundasy, only to have it drop twice. It sucks that I'm a hard core MF'er and they have turned me into a shell shocker ghost of a Texas fan.

sometexansfan
12-08-2009, 09:30 AM
I'm down no matter what. Good times and bad.

Pretty much sums it up. :texflag:

Goatcheese
12-08-2009, 09:36 AM
I think he's right that the failure lies more with the players than the coaches.

It's not Kubiak out there missing a dozen tackles a game to let opponents continue drives, getting blown off the line of scrimmage on every snap, missing field goals, etc.

However, it is Kubiak calling HB passes in clutch moments of the game, not playing to his team's strengths, sticking to the gameplan even when it's clear that the opponent has schemed to stop it, only bringing in 1 or 2 quality starters each year, and not developing young talent in preference of giving most of the playing time to marginal journeymen.

The problem may be 70-80% on the players, but Kubes isn't doing them any favors, or developing the young players like a good coach should.

phantom17
12-08-2009, 09:40 AM
It would be more of the same DOOFUUS FOOTBALL, count on it! I would really lose respect for Pappa McNair, he would just be like another Drayton- an incompetent greedy owner who doesn't care to win, just talks it! :clap:

HOU-TEX
12-08-2009, 09:42 AM
I already made that decision 2 weeks ago. I'm normally screaming at the TV and seriously pissed off after a loss. My blood pressure goes through the roof and my week is ruined until atleast Wednesday. I finally had to say "screw it" and just not get so wrapped up in it. I mean hey, it's not like I'm out there actually suiting up where I have some sort of control as to what goes on during a game. I miss being that fired up, but it's not healthy for me and I can't keep riding that emotional rollercoaster.

I'm right there with you, Cj. My head is normally throbbing after every game due to my BP. It was the titan MNF game that decided it for me. I was so pissed after that game I felt sick, but still found a way to choke down another 6 pack after the game on the way home.

As you can tell from the fishing thread, I've been fishing almost every weekend after that debacle. Ain't nothing better for BP than reeling in a few bass.

RTP2110
12-08-2009, 09:45 AM
When McNair says it's on the players, he really means it's on the players.

I can't follow McNair's logic here. It's on the players? You mean the players that Kubiak coaches? The players that Kubiak drafted? The players that are running his system, his plays? Kubiak's fingerprints are on every aspect of this team. How many players are here from the Capers' days? AJ, Pitts, Dunta, K. Brown.. anyone else.

If it's on the players, then it's even more on Kubiak. These are all the guys he wanted, following his directions. Chris Brown, Myers, Okoye, hell anyone you want to place blame on is a result of Kubiak's work.

GuerillaBlack
12-08-2009, 09:48 AM
If that happens, then I'll pretty much not be caring for the team like I did before. Still be a fan, but not as tied up as before. It's pretty stupid to keep Kubiak here. McNair is dumb if he does.

Runner
12-08-2009, 09:49 AM
I'm going to keep cheering these guys on regardless. I honestly think we are headed in the right direction and I know I'm in the minority, but I'd actually like Kubiak to stay. I do not see another person out there right now that is a better fit for this current roster. I think he's got his system in place and the new defensive/offensive coordinators will have another year under their belts, which will definately help. I put a lot of the blame on the players and think that we really need some vocal veteran leadership on this team, not including Dunta. I think there's a lot of frustration and knee jerk reactions going on right now by the fans and I think a coaching change would be the same type of reaction by the owner. It's really tough to get from bad to mediocre to elite. We made it half way, not it's it's going to be even harder to made the next step. Remember back how pathetic we were before Kubiak got here. Most of us were just hoping for some form of a team that actually resembled an NFL franchise. We have assembled that by completely overturning the roster and dealing with a screwed up franchise left by the Casserly/Capers combo. We are headed in the right direction folks, but it's a little slower than I or you hoped for. Regardless of how you feel, we are building this thing right, through the draft, but it takes a little longer. I think we've got a great core group of players now and we can actually focus on a few key free agent acquisitions that can help push us over the top. So, I'm actually pushing for him to stay.

Let me summarize a couple of these points if I may.

1) Kubiak is exonerated from this season's results because it's on the players.

2) Kubiak is praised for turning over the roster and picking up these players.

I see.

Note: I'm not calling out the poster, I've seen this logic all over the place the past couple of days.

3) I frequently see the term "knee jerk reaction" about getting rid of Kubiak. Since many people talked about the continued mediocrity last year and considered this season make or break, it is the slowest knee jerk I've ever seen. Even many of his supporters at the start of the year said they needed to see constant improvement to keep him on. However, even with regression some like him so darn much that they can't bear to part with him.

TimeKiller
12-08-2009, 09:59 AM
They're not headed in the right direction anymore. Maybe facing the right direction but that's about it.

There plenty of things to look at with the team, Kubiak included to praise and be proud of as a fan. But the bad things need to start changing and soon. Like NOW. I know this is garbage time but the only way I'm willing to accept Kubiak next year is if the crap that continues to be crap gets dealt with. Okoye playing ball < Okoye not playing ball. JJ > David Anderson. Caldwell > Chris White. Myers getting shit canned. Drafting powerful lineman in early rounds instead of weak ones in later rounds. Drafting a SAFETY. Making a move in FA that isn't just a splash, make it one that effectively shifts the personnel towards an elite team. Resigning the players who deserve it and letting Crybaby McShoesteins walk. Taking guys married to the IR (Molden) or guys who flat out suck (Bennett, Okam, Studdard, Chris Brown) and showing them the door.

Maybe it's time to let Kyle Shanahan walk too. I can honestly say I've been far less than impressed with his time under the OC title. Poppa Gibbs can find a retirement home, maybe Bruce Matthews can get it done as the OL coach. The nepotism really starts to bother me after production turns out so poorly.

Enough "It's my fault" talk. More "Here is what we plan to change" talk. Gone are the days of accepting blame, we know who f'd up. "This sucked so here's what I'm going to try differently".

Buffi2
12-08-2009, 10:00 AM
I'll stay with them, they are my team for better or worse - no point in giving up now. But, like others that have posted, I'm going to try to remain somewhat calm rather than having half of the next week ruined.

The jury is still out as to what I do with the PSLs. It probably depends more on if I have the money when the bill comes out, if I think it will be worth the time and energy to travel to Houston to have my heart broken again, and if Bob goes up on the prices. Right now, I can't give the tickets away so I'm not sure I could sell the PSLs if I wanted to.

Bottom line is I'm still a fan.

Cjeremy635
12-08-2009, 10:02 AM

I see.

Note: I'm not calling out the poster, I've seen this logic all over the place the past couple of days.

3) I frequently see the term "knee jerk reaction" about getting rid of Kubiak. Since many people talked about the continued mediocrity last year and considered this season make or break, it is the slowest knee jerk I've ever seen. Even many of his supporters at the start of the year said they needed to see constant improvement to keep him on. However, even with regression some like him so darn much that they can't bear to part with him.

I totally see where you are coming from, I just think don't see anyone out there that I think is better right now for the job. I think if we change, it's just for the sake of making a change and doesn't guarantee squat. I think we actually have a better chance of regressing if we make a move than to stay the course. I want to win, and win now.....and I think Kubiak can get us there faster due to his history here and already having his schemes in place. Do I think he's the best head coach out there in the league? Hells no, but do I think he's the best we can get right now? Yes I do. I'd make a move for Belichick, but that ain't ever gonna happen, so it doesn't matter. I think the majority of the problems are mental mistakes and crappy play from the players. I know it's the coach's responsibility to get them ready and I feel like he pretty much does that. He's not out there getting burned in coverage, half-ass tackling, missing blocks, fumbling, or dropping wide open passes though.

IlliniJen
12-08-2009, 10:13 AM

I see.

This post rules.

Look, I have to wonder how this team managed to get so many mistake-prone players. Did we actively go out there to find players who make mistakes and miss tackles and make bad decisions?

OR>>>>>>>

Does it have SOMETHING, ANYTHING to do with out KUBIAK PREPARES and COACHES these players to be ready for the games and in-game situations?

We didn't just happen to "luck" into a group of the doofiest players in the league.

We HAVE talent. We have players with individual drive and football smarts. But you have a coach who doesn't seem to be coaching or holding his players responsible for their play on the field.

How many weeks of "we didn't execute" and "it's on me" do we need to hear about before we ask for:

1. How are you planning on getting your team ready to execute correctly, Gary?
2. If it's on you, week after week, then what are you doing to turn this around?

I haven't seen anything but the same excuses this year, and you'd expect him to address these problems if they are the consistent reason for failure on the field.

But has anyone seen actual improvement in preparation or coaching? This team has consistently been a one-half team. They've made the same mistakes over and over.

To me, there is a huge blind spot in Kubiak in the "how" factor. HOW does he fix these on-going mistakes? Does he even know how? Or does he just plod along on the same path, expecting that these guys are going to shape up on their own or get it all figured out in a moment of cloud-parting, sun-shining clarity?

Dude is unprepared to address these issues. If McNair brings him back with this huge overwhelming competency gap, I have to wonder if McNair actually wants success or if he's just okay with not being in the league basement anymore.

As a fan, I can take many things. Crushing defeats. Constant losing. The highs and lows.

But what I cannot abide by is illogical, stupid decisions made when the writing is not only on the wall, but there are alarm bells going off, skywriters flying around and blinking neon arrows pointing to that writing. To me, if McNair brings Kubiak back, he is treating me, the fan, like a mindless sycophantic drone who will back the team no matter what. And that's a horrible assumption to make.

Fire Kubiak and I will be patient with the new coach and see what shakes out. Just like I was patient with Capers. And Kubiak. And if a new coach doesn't improve the team, we make another change when the writing is on the wall. McNair needs to prove to me that he's willing to go out and find someone who knows how to win.

Txn_in_Oki
12-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Since I will be spending the next two years out of the country I will be spared any pain watching games. I will keep up on the net but actual game watching will be limited to whether or not they play on Monday night or not (LOL).

I'm finishing up this season and then using the next two years to grow my hair back.

On the bright side AFN usually shows at least one game from each team over seas each season. I'll get at least one opportunity to either happy or want to thrown myself in front of a bus.

Double Barrel
12-08-2009, 10:25 AM
If Kubiak is back in 2010, I will have absolutely no positive expectations for this team. The outcome will either be a war of attrition until he's gone, or, he blows 99% of our minds and actually succeeds. I will not be holding my breath for the latter, though.

I'm a Texans fan. :rake: (<---notice "happy" is nowhere near that statement)

GuerillaBlack
12-08-2009, 10:34 AM
I'm kind of hoping we lose out, or at most, win one game the rest of the season. Maybe then Kubiak will be gone. Plus, we would get a better draft pick because the playoffs are out of the question. Maybe pick up Mark Ingram.

Vinny
12-08-2009, 10:42 AM
I'm kind of hoping we lose out, or at most, win one game the rest of the season. Maybe then Kubiak will be gone. Plus, we would get a better draft pick because the playoffs are out of the question. Maybe pick up Mark Ingram.8 years of "better draft picks" haven't done much for this team...doesn't do much for me.

HOU-TEX
12-08-2009, 10:48 AM
8 years of "better draft picks" haven't done much for this team...doesn't do much for me.

Heh, like I said a while back, we'll have first rounders at every position including long snapper and holder at the rate we're going.

A sad state this team is in.....a sad, sad state.

GuerillaBlack
12-08-2009, 11:03 AM
And McNair likes the sad state we're in apparently.

HOU-TEX
12-08-2009, 11:16 AM
And McNair likes the sad state we're in apparently.

Well, I've always been one that has praised McNair for going through what he did to get the NFL back in Houston. But, you're correct, he will always have the final say in these type situations. It's maddening as heck, but what can we do? Nada, just kick back and watch.

Joe Texan
12-08-2009, 11:23 AM
You guys are pathetic, I am Texan 100% and I bleed Red and Blue, Everone is expendable on the sidelines and I will support any and every Texan that walks out on the feild regardless of what year it is.

HoustonFrog
12-08-2009, 11:27 AM
You guys are pathetic, I am Texan 100% and I bleed Red and Blue, Everone is expendable on the sidelines and I will support any and every Texan that walks out on the feild regardless of what year it is.

I am of the camp that says you owe it, as a fan, to question leaders and what is getting done. Blindly supporting anything is what they "bank" on. Drones make it easy to float out an inferior product. You owe it to yourself and the team to voice the negatives. You get a big enough voice and leaders are forced to listen.

Texecutioner
12-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Just like any business I support I expect to get a good product. I'm willing to be somewhat patient considering circumstances and I have, but at this point it's no question that as a consumer I'm getting fed a really bad product. If he brings Kubes back next year, that's just like any company knowing they have inefficiencies with their products, but they sell them to their consumer with a smile any way.

If Kubes is back, I won't have any emotion for next year. I haven't even had much of one this year, because I expected what we're seeing now a lot more than I expected a playoff season or a successful one. I knew it was possible, but given the things I saw last season and in year two I expected to see what we currently have a lot more unfortunately. A move like that though will confirm that Mcnair is a really bad owner for a team that I root for though and that is what we'll be the most disappointing thing. I'll look at him just like I look at Mclaine and that will be the worst part in all of this. I'll actually wish we had an owner more like Bud Adams or Jerry Jones than Bob Mcnair. That's one awful feeling. :gun:

Double Barrel
12-08-2009, 11:40 AM
I am of the camp that says you owe it, as a fan, to question leaders and what is getting done. Blindly supporting anything is what they "bank" on. Drones make it easy to float out an inferior product. You owe it to yourself and the team to voice the negatives. You get a big enough voice and leaders are forced to listen.

Well said, man. :clap:

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
~ Albert Einstein

Vinny
12-08-2009, 11:42 AM
And it's a real safe assumption. Feel free to check the Cowher thread for the latest rumors.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1319447&postcount=497
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1319454&postcount=498 (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1319454&postcount=498)

Looks like all signs are pointing to Kubiak staying around for another year.

When McNair says it's on the players, he really means it's on the players. Take that vote of confidence for Kubiak last week at face value.

I've hung in there with Ed Biles, Chuck Studley, and Bill Peterson. Peterson once said, "pair off in groups of threes, then line up in a circle." He was a regular Norman Einstein.

I'm an old Oiler fan so I know how to get thru a few coaches who inevitably don't pan out.

Txn_in_Oki
12-08-2009, 11:44 AM
I'm an old Oiler fan so I know how to get thru a few coaches who inevitably don't pan out.

Rep. It's not like most of us haven't been through this before and won't go through it again.

:truck:

Norg
12-08-2009, 11:46 AM
Thank u Bob i for one think it was deff the players fault has well

iam on the boat to keep Kubes has well

we just need to upgrade some of our players Cut some of our fat and we will be fine

Ckw
12-08-2009, 11:46 AM
I'm right there with you, Cj. My head is normally throbbing after every game due to my BP. It was the titan MNF game that decided it for me. I was so pissed after that game I felt sick, but still found a way to choke down another 6 pack after the game on the way home.

As you can tell from the fishing thread, I've been fishing almost every weekend after that debacle. Ain't nothing better for BP than reeling in a few bass.

Exact same thing for me. After the MNF football game when I ALMOST got in my car and cried, I decided I was done with this team (at least caring as much as I have) as long as Kubiak is the Head Coach. Is it possible he could still figure things out? Sure, almost anything is possible, but that doesn't make it likely. Four years in the guy is making almost the exact same mistakes and this team continues to shoot themselves in the foot. The emotions started to come back during the Colts game but we did exactly what I thought we would do, so I have finally gotten to the point where I see no other reason why this team continues to choke in big time situations other than that this current head coach is a choker.

Thorn
12-08-2009, 11:51 AM
I'd probably be more upset if I was actually invested in the Texans other than my time. I haven't spent one red cent on these guys yet except maybe to buy a hat or something. I was fed up with feeding professional sports with my money a very long time ago. Billion dollar stadiums and multi-millionaire players and owners aren't getting any money from me.

I will, however, watch the product and be involved that way. I like the Texans, and enjoy having pro football back in Houston, but I'll leave it to others to support them with their dollars. I had my turn with the Oilers, and I ain't getting back into that queue again.

Double Barrel
12-08-2009, 11:51 AM
I've hung in there with Ed Biles, Chuck Studley, and Bill Peterson. Peterson once said, "pair off in groups of threes, then line up in a circle." He was a regular Norman Einstein.

yep, straight up. Being unhappy with the product is a completely different beast than quitting on the team.

I've told my friends all along that we - the fans - will be here longer than any player, coach, and most likely owner. With that said, you just have to deal with the craptastic seasons and hope for the better in years to come.

It's sad to see fans turning on each other, though, like we have anything to do with the final product or the decision making process that goes into it. It is a sad testament to the myopic mindset when someone feels the need to insult another human being because they are not drinking the stale Koolaide.

I can certainly see who would have been prime candidates for a free trip to Jonestown to gulp down some Guyana punch.

BigBull17
12-08-2009, 11:52 AM
Thank u Bob i for one think it was deff the players fault has well

iam on the boat to keep Kubes has well

we just need to upgrade some of our players Cut some of our fat and we will be fine

Whats Kubiaks best coaching quality?

steelbtexan
12-08-2009, 11:52 AM

This

I realized after the Tacks game that the fan base was far more passionate about that game than some members of the Texans orginazation.

My level of emotional involvement has gone way down.

I said I'm not going to be upset after they blow games anymore. I'm just going to laugh and realize what this organization is all about.

Joe Texan
12-08-2009, 11:56 AM
Like your going to make a difference. Bob is Pissed right now I guarantee you,
We will get a better product and I am on the side that counts. Yall can sit here and couch coach all you want but it is useless drivel. So keep it up I will be at the game.

Norg
12-08-2009, 12:01 PM
Whats Kubiaks best coaching quality?

Hes a smart Coach hes cerbal hes makes good decison he does not go for it on 4 and 2 unless hes got nothing to lose or the game calls for it

the problem is most of the time the players screw it up by fumbling or throwing INT

the players deff like him thats a plus in its self can u imange if our players hated the coach like say FOX right now or Jim zoRN

Mr. White
12-08-2009, 12:03 PM

How do you know this? Has he told you?

Or are you just like everyone else and have to read between the lines by watching the guy's expression during the games and reading his quotes in the paper?

He keeps talking the talk, but I haven't seen him walk the walk.

Texecutioner
12-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Hes a smart Coach hes cerbal hes makes good decison he does not go for it on 4 and 2 unless hes got nothing to lose or the game calls for it

the problem is most of the time the players screw it up by fumbling or throwing INT

the players deff like him thats a plus in its self can u imange if our players hated the coach like say FOX right now or Jim zoRN

Just last week you said that the Texans were going to run the table and that you'd be laughing in my face. Well guess what? The Texans could have possibly won last weekend, but the coach screwed the pooch for for like the 5th or 6th time this season.

Are you Chris Brown?

Double Barrel
12-08-2009, 12:14 PM
How do you know this? Has he told you?

Or are you just like everyone else and have to read between the lines by watching the guy's expression during the games and reading his quotes in the paper?

He keeps talking the talk, but I haven't seen him walk the walk.

In the immortal words of President Abraham Lincoln: "If you call a tail a leg, how many legs has a dog? Five? No, calling a tail a leg don't make it a leg."

:tiphat:

Norg
12-08-2009, 12:21 PM
Just last week you said that the Texans were going to run the table and that you'd be laughing in my face. Well guess what? The Texans could have possibly won last weekend, but the coach screwed the pooch for for like the 5th or 6th time this season.

Are you Chris Brown?

the coach didnt screw us

Chris Brown screwed us

Matt scahub got injured

THe Secondary screwed us

anderson couldnt take the heat

alot of things happend on why we lost the game and i didnt say we would run the table i said for us to make the playoffs we need to win from here on out

i knew a divison road game would be tough if we where 5-6 or 12-0

mussop
12-08-2009, 12:22 PM
You know what they say about assuming.

Txn_in_Oki
12-08-2009, 12:25 PM

On Mondays on the radio show I listen to they have the "Redskins Recap" and former Redskin Mark Mosely calls in and gives his take on things. From what he says the player love Zorn and were pissed when Snyder started messing around with things. The guy is a player coach and and the players have stuck up for him from the beginning.

As for Fox I have no idea. And how I can be in NC and know more about the Skins than I do about the Panthers I have no idea about that either. I guess it says something about interest in Carolina football.

HoustonFrog
12-08-2009, 12:28 PM
We will get a better product and I am on the side that counts. Yall can sit here and couch coach all you want but it is useless drivel. So keep it up I will be at the game.

Really? If fans don't show to the game or buy the product, then they don't make money. If fans are pissed and are upset, owners listen. You are their customer. You are their wet dream customer. Gobble it all up with no questions asked. You might as well just send him a check. Props to you for being hardcore but that doesn't mean accepting whatever they decide to do.

BigBull17
12-08-2009, 12:28 PM

I haven't seen the cerebral part. He outsmarts himself way too much. Gets too cute when its not needed. He Continues to trot players out there who make those same mistakes. Chris Brown should be unemployed at this time, but he still gets the nod WAY too much. Kubiak is stubburn and loyal to a fault. Last year and the year befor, he kept Richard Smith as DC because he didn't want to embarass the guy by firing him. He should have shit canned him and installed Bush last year.

He does good things, don't get me wrong, I just don't think he can take us the rest of the way.

Norg
12-08-2009, 12:31 PM
On Mondays on the radio show I listen to they have the "Redskins Recap" and former Redskin Mark Mosely calls in and gives his take on things. From what he says the player love Zorn and were pissed when Snyder started messing around with things. The guy is a player coach and and the players have stuck up for him from the beginning.

As for Fox I have no idea. And how I can be in NC and know more about the Skins than I do about the Panthers I have no idea about that either. I guess it says something about interest in Carolina football.

put if i remember correct the Redskins players were saying the loved
Joe Gibbs and we sad to see him go esp after taking them to a 9-7 season and making the Pos season

i think they liked gibbs more then ZORN

esp Campbell LOL

HoustonFrog
12-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Joe Gibbs and we sad to see him go esp after taking them to a 9-7 season and making the Pos season

esp Campbell LOL

Can I get a Zorglish translator please? :)

Txn_in_Oki
12-08-2009, 12:33 PM

esp Campbell LOL

Just saying what I here. Not like I'm a Skins fan or could care less about the guy.

Mr. White
12-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Can I get a Zorglish translator please? :)

It's here (http://lolcats.com/).

IlliniJen
12-08-2009, 12:41 PM
http://narocroc.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/lemmings.jpg

mussop
12-08-2009, 12:48 PM
No when there playing football in the NFL then no i disagree they dont need a leader

that was proven just yesterday Ray lewis is a great vocal learder it didnt help them to much on monday the loss to Greenbay

:thinking: You definatly didnt sleep at a Holliday Inn Express last night.

I would say you are cerbal too. :ahhaha:

OzzO
12-08-2009, 12:48 PM
...What's your plan as a fan for next year?

If it happens, perhaps send some gifts to the front office...

A calender and alarm clock - so they know in advance when the games are and when they start so they can be better prepared.

A stopwatch - to better know where you're at in the game.

Binoculars - for use on the sidelines to know when to challenge a play, since we're not getting the help from those in the booth.

A bible - to pray that AJ sticks around through this.

Scissors - to cut up the denny's menu and play the game as situations arise. These same scissors can be used to trim the antenna off Schaub's helmet so he can't have the signals come in and can audible at the line based off what he or his teammates are seeing on the field.

Draft program - to plan in advance for finding more "diamonds in the rough" and BPA's to fill long standing weaknesses and depth on the team.

Hopefully, these would be well recieved so I can have more than the "meh" attitude I've had for the team since about halfway through this season.

thunderkyss
12-08-2009, 01:01 PM
Just like any business I support I expect to get a good product. I'm willing to be somewhat patient considering circumstances and I have, but at this point it's no question that as a consumer I'm getting fed a really bad product. If he brings Kubes back next year, that's just like any company knowing they have inefficiencies with their products, but they sell them to their consumer with a smile any way.
:gun:

I guess we define "good product" differently. Other than the Jets game, I can't think of one game I wasn't into up to end. The product is good. I'm getting my money's worth.

Well, except for the cost of beer at the stadium.

I understand the W-L record isn't what we'd like it to be as a Houston Texans fan... but in 11 of 13 games we're talking one or two plays that I wish had gone differently.

Don't get me wrong, there were a lot of decisions made by GK that I questioned... & just as many that flat out infuriated me. But in the end, we're talking about the out come of one or two plays that would have changed the out-come of the games & our W-L.

There is little to make me believe GK will change the way he approaches this game. But for the team to be one or two plays away from a victory, with all the player mistakes..... INTs, Fumbles, False Starts, Personal fouls, pass interference., & still be 1 or 2 plays from victory... I feel that GK has got to be doing something right.

I understand that a lot of the bad, could & should be on the head coach. The discipline to not do those things. But I like & agree with Gary's approach. Pretty soon, we're going to have players like Peyton Manning, MJD, Bob Sanders, Ed Reed, Charles Woodson, Reggie White, Drew Brees, Barry Sanders, etc who will not accept whatever the game presents them, but make things happen to win the game.

I mentioned in another thread.... before this year, Andre our quite leader didn't bowl people over to get the first down/touch down. Yeah, he made people miss, carried people for extra yardage, or got wide the F open. But this year, he took it to another level. Put new meaning to "Beast Mode"

Matt Schaub as well, over the last three weeks, he's been extending plays, & getting positive results from them. He was already rated as one of the top QBs in the league, one of the first 5 to go in my fantasy league.... but he's stepped up his game, went to another level.

This is happening on this team, all over the place. This is real leadership. Not that Bull$hit of getting in players faces that every body wants to see. Leaders need to go above & beyond, so Eric Winston will want to step up his game to match. So that Domonique Barber understands he's got to play at a much higher level if he wants to get on the field. So that Zak Diles will want to make that play, for Andre, for Schaub, for Demeco or Cushing.

"I want you to want to wash the dishes"

That's what we are talking about here, and I think that is what we are working towards, & what we will have very soon. & I'm all for it.

Goldensilence
12-08-2009, 01:03 PM
Assuming Kubiak stays....

http://tdistler.com/media/images/OfficeSpaceMotivation.jpg

Vinny
12-08-2009, 01:04 PM
I guess we define "good product" differently. Other than the Jets game, I can't think of one game I wasn't into up to end. The product is good. I'm getting my money's worth.
I'm sure you are easily amused to boot. :kitten:

Texecutioner
12-08-2009, 01:29 PM
That's what we are talking about here, and I think that is what we are working towards, & what we will have very soon. & I'm all for it.

Or it's more than likely that our team really ends up going into the shitter once again where all the players completely lose all hope and we have another dreadful 2-14 type of bottom feeder season like what happened with Capers when we kept him to long when we should have axed him in year 3. This team right now is pointed towards completely falling out a lot more than it is pointing to coming together into a dominant team. After while a coach's message gets old with players if they're not winning and having success. Players stop caring. They start wanting to play for other franchises and start losing all hope and enjoyment for the game and for practice. That's exactly where we're headed right now when we're on a 4 game losing streak led by a HC who has NEVER proven anything in this league and is in year 4 without producing one winning season.

There are a lot more situations where teams ended up completely falling out by holding onto a coach that looked like a lame duck then where it worked out and the team ended up turning into a consistent winner. We are not living in some Disney movie. This is the real world here.

mattieuk
12-08-2009, 01:30 PM
If (perhaps when) Kubiak stays...

Well, I'll be here, hoping for everything to come good. To be honest, I've been riding the Kubiak bandwagon for years now, and him sticking around for one more shot at it does not equate to a wasted season for me. I still harbor something, somewhere inside of me, that Kubiak, with all his good decisions that he has made can pull something out of the bag. If he leaves now, then he, along with Richard Smith, will have my respect for being good men, who have, at the end of the day, changed this team from a load of pathetic do-nothing-ers, to a group of talent which is on the cusp of something pretty good. Yes, its been said before, after 8-8 seasons, but the fact still remains, that if we get some luck with the injuries, and draft to our needs on defense and offense, then I can see this time next year being a lot happier.

That said, I think the most sensible option for the Texans will be to split ways with Coach, and that truly saddens me, Kubiak is most definitely the kind of guy I like to route for...I'm just not of the opinion that that kind of guy can work in the NFL. I don't see Kubes sitting down with D-Rob in the offs eason, and talking some sense into him, and getting him to buy into the 'big playoff year' scenario. I don't see him sitting down with Slaton, after all those fumbles, and finding a way to change his mentality, and help him help himself. And I don't see him every connecting with fans, when his pressers are so wishy washy. You are in charge of men, you sometimes have to call them out in public and get just a little bit mad.

The only this for sure if that we'll all be here, waiting for some inspiration.

IlliniJen
12-08-2009, 01:40 PM
I'm sure you are easily amused to boot. :kitten:

LOL...there hasn't been a better use of that kitten emoticon to date than this post.

thunderkyss
12-08-2009, 07:24 PM
You are in charge of men, you sometimes have to call them out in public and get just a little bit mad.

Unless you are trying to build them as leaders, & don't want to under-mind them.

TexanBacker93
12-08-2009, 09:48 PM
I'm with them too. Just not putting as much emotion in them. It helps my heart rate. If Kubiak stays I would like to see him make a big FA or Draft splash. Something to get the fan base excited again.

Is this team going to be able to lure a big FA? I'm not sure that's best route anyways. It never seems to work for any team when they sign a huge FA. About the only thing this team offers that none other can is the best tailgating in the NFL. It doesn't really apply to the players, though. Also, considering how the front office has treated DeMeco and OD I can see top notch talent crossing this team off their list.

TexCanada
12-08-2009, 11:49 PM
If Kubiak is granted one more year then I sure hope he is humbled by what he has seen this year. He needs to understand that he isn't going to out-coach the other sideline, nor does he need to. He needs to realize that his stubborn ways (his love affair for Brown, Myers, etc...) are not not going to help this team. And above all he needs to realize that he is just a coach. Thats it...not a superstar player, but a coach. The spotlight is not his. His job is to put his best players on the field and let them do the work.

treduke
12-09-2009, 12:14 AM
if kubiak stays i'll still root for them
do i want coach kubes gone? yes
will i turn my back on my team if he's still here? HELL NO
the texans should be able to put together a decent draft and there are some good fa's that will be out there
if he's back next year i got three words for you gary
playoffs or bust!!!

BattleRedToro
12-09-2009, 12:24 AM

After we suck it up again in the 1st Month like we do every year under Kubiak, I will find better things to do with my Sunday afternoons instead of being subjected to false hope and slow torture again.

Of course, then McNair can fire him because it will be a better time to fire him, what with a season already under way and all the top coaching candidates locked up with contracts and all.

Then I guess they can role out a Battle Red tarp to cover up all of the empty seats, so they can avoid the embarrasment of TV blackouts.