PDA

View Full Version : Is it time to move on?

mussop
12-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Heres how I see it.

I really really like Kubiak and really really wanted him to succeed here. Its not even about the win loss record. I would be willing to give him another year if he showed improvement as a HC but he hasn't. He is still making the same bad decisions he made his first year and shows no signs of improving. He seems to be at a loss why things arent getting better. Maybe he just needs to step back for awhile and look at things from another point of view. Thats what it takes sometimes. We could do as some suggest and ride it out hoping the light goes on but what has Kubiak shown that gives the impression that it will happen anytime soon? I can not justify, in my mind, risking another year of on the job training, hoping that he will figure it out when he hasnt shown any signs of improvement. I just cant see letting the talent this team has assembled go to waste for another year on HOPE.

This team has the talent to win NOW. In a leauge where the teams are so close talent wise and the slightest edge can mean the difference between winning and loosing, having coach who knows how to win that has a proven track record of making adjustments and handling tough situations with confidence and decisiveness makes all the difference in the world.

It comes down to 2 choices.

A.) Give the reigns to this young talented team an experienced leader they can look up to who can give them an identity and see if he can mold them into winners.

or

B.) Risk another YEAR of this teams talent and mental state on Kubiaks ability to improve as a leader and decision maker when hes shown no improvement in either area in 4 years.

Despite how much I like Kubiak the person, its an easy choice for me.

Vinny
12-07-2009, 02:40 PM
I think most of us think that McNair is going to "David Carr" us again.

nero THE zero
12-07-2009, 02:42 PM

I'm certain of it.

nunusguy
12-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Had we won just one of the last 4 games (all division games) we'd be 6-6 and
still in the conversation for a playoff berth. Long-shot but a chance. But instead we lost all 4 and we finished with a 1-5 record in the divsion and that's in Kubiaks 4th year. Even if we win out (not very likely) and finish 9-7 Kubiak has failed given we aren't going to be in the playoffs. However don't be surprised if McNair still keeps Kubiak, depending on the last 4 games.

badboy
12-07-2009, 02:50 PM
If McNair tries to sack Kubes, I suggest Gary get behind Alex Gibbs' Oline where he should be just fine.

mussop
12-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Had we won just one of the last 4 games (all division games) we'd be 6-6 and
still in the conversation for a playoff berth. Long-shot but a chance. But instead we lost all 4 and we finished with a 1-5 record in the divsion and that's in Kubiaks 4th year. Even if we win out (not very likely) and finish 9-7 Kubiak has failed given we aren't going to be in the playoffs. However don't be surprised if McNair still keeps Kubiak, depending on the last 4 games.

The point i'm really trying to get accross in this thread that if you put the win loss record asside and look at coaching ability, Kubiak has shown no improvement in his four years in that capacity. Has his game preperation gotten better? Has his game decisions gotten better? Has his personell decisions gotten better? Has his clock management gotten better? Has his leadership abilities gotten better? How about his ability to make adjustments in games? Can you honestly say he is a better coach now than he was when he got here?

If McNair tries to sack Kubes, I suggest Gary get behind Alex Gibbs' Oline where he should be just fine.

:clap:

Second Honeymoon
12-07-2009, 03:28 PM

I hope you are wrong, Vin. I am trying to remain positive.

5-11 and Gary is fired. No doubt. I am just worried about 7-9 and him keeping his job. I just can't see us losing to the Rams and you know we will screw up and win another meaningless game like we did the year Adrian Peterson was available. Thanks for that big win to go 7-9 Kubiak.

/sarcasm off

I hope youre wrong, Vinny. We can not live through another year of uninspired, moronic, and inept football.

KUBIAK SUCKS

bckey
12-07-2009, 03:56 PM

Hey Vinny did you listen to McClain on 610 this morning?

http://www.sportsradio610.com/pages/151256.php?contentType=34&contentId=1780

Vinny
12-07-2009, 03:56 PM
Hey Vinny did you listen to McClain on 610 this morning?
missed it, what did he have to say?

gary
12-07-2009, 04:16 PM
Get the 2/3 of the O line back and draft an RB. Also, have an upgrade at Center and a new HC.