PDA

View Full Version : Chris Brown's explanation

Jackie Chiles
12-06-2009, 11:34 PM
(on the halfback pass interception) "We ran it in practice and it worked well. Maybe I just shouldn't have thrown the ball. It was a tough situation. I was getting hit when I released it. Unfortunately, I have to admit I should have just kept the ball without throwing it."

Well Chris, in hindsight if you had held onto the ball it would have been infinitely better than what actually happened but why is he talking about pulling a David Carr like sack when all he had to do was throw the ball to some lucky fan sitting in row 10? I mean you take a sack on that play and its still a bonehead play. During practice did they not work on throwing the ball away if the play isn't there? Really? Am I nitpicking/reading too much into his comments? Because it really looks to me like he has no clue and that play was doomed from the get go.

MannyFresh
12-06-2009, 11:37 PM
I hope someone flat out asks Kubiak tomorrow why are you so committed to Chris Brown?

Hervoyel
12-06-2009, 11:37 PM
(on the halfback pass interception) "We ran it in practice and it worked well. Maybe I just shouldn't have thrown the ball. It was a tough situation. I was getting hit when I released it. Unfortunately, I have to admit I should have just kept the ball without throwing it."

Well Chris, in hindsight if you had held onto the ball it would have been infinitely better than what actually happened but why is he talking about pulling a David Carr like sack when all he had to do was throw the ball to some lucky fan sitting in row 10? I mean you take a sack on that play and its still a bonehead play. During practice did they not work on throwing the ball away if the play isn't there? Really? Am I nitpicking/reading too much into his comments? Because it really looks to me like he has no clue and that play was doomed from the get go.

You know, a QB knows (or should know) to do that. That's why you want that ball in their hands instead of Chris Brown's. The smartest coach in the room probably knows that now too. Too bad he was too busy trying to be cute and clever to just play sound football.

DiehardChris
12-06-2009, 11:38 PM
Yes, but did he cry?

Because I f * c k i n g felt like crying.

TexCanada
12-06-2009, 11:38 PM

So do you put that on Brown, who is a running back, or on Kubiak for putting a RB in a QB's position at that time in the game?

I don't expect Cushing to catch deep passes, I don't expect AJ to serve me a hot dog and I don't expect Winston to fit in to a size 2 dress...so why would we expect Brown to be able to throw a TD pass in crunch time?

Jackie Chiles
12-06-2009, 11:40 PM
So do you put that on Brown, who is a running back, or on Kubiak for putting a RB in a QB's position at that time in the game?

I don't expect Cushing to catch deep passes, I don't expect AJ to serve me a hot dog and I don't expect Winston to fit in to a size 2 dress...so why would we expect Brown to be able to throw a TD pass in crunch time?

Hey, I hated that playcall from the start but I am commenting specifically on Chris Brown's comments which, to me, come off as clueless.

Jackie Chiles
12-06-2009, 11:43 PM
Wow, these postgame quotes have some real nuggets this week. Who was it that postulated that Gary stuck with the script after Schaub went down instead of going a bit more conservative?

(on if game plan changed when Matt Schaub got injured) "We stayed with our script. We usually script the first 15 and we stayed in rhythm with that. Jacksonville played well and we didn't convert when we could have. Once we did get a drive going, we had one bad play that kind of stalled us right out of field goal range."

(on playing for first time in a while) "It is always good to get experience no matter what happens. Now, I feel like I'll be ready to play if Matt (Schaub) can't go."

Good thing he didn't feel like he could play THIS week if Schaub went down.

MannyFresh

You put it on both: 1. Kubiak, why are you doing a high school play on 1st and Goal, in the 4th Quarter mind you? 2. Chris Brown, no light bulb lit up to think hey why don't I just fall or throw it out of bounds?

TexCanada
Hey, I hated that playcall from the start but I am commenting specifically on Chris Brown's comments which, to me, come off as clueless.

Ya fair enough, he doesn't seem like the brightest guy out there. I'm not sticking up for Brown at all, I think he should be cut, but I'm just frustrated that this clueless guy is getting the ball in his hands more than AJ when the game is on the line.

infantrycak
12-06-2009, 11:48 PM
This is why I have always hated the HB pass unless the HB in question was a QB at some point. They feel like the play has to go off so they force it. A QB knows, or should know, he is going to throw the ball 400+ times in a season. This isn't their only time to shine. Too often a HB given the "option" fails to exercise any discretion. Looks great on paper - sucks in reality.

DiehardChris
12-06-2009, 11:55 PM
One thing about Brown, though - he's a good kid.

/blows brains out

DiehardChris
12-07-2009, 01:52 AM
Seriously - the more times I see the replay, the more confused I am.

Who the hell was he even throwing it to? John McClain says Vonta Leach. Kubiak says it was Dreessen. I don't see anyone even close to it. Brown must have seen someone for him to throw the ball.

What a moron. What a freaking moron. But not as moronic as Kubiak for calling the play (or allowing Kyle to call it).

Sigh.

SIGH!! ANGRY SIGH!!

Carr Bombed
12-07-2009, 01:57 AM

http://www.soonet.ca/images/smilies/Smile/suicide.gif

fixed...

phantom17
12-07-2009, 02:57 AM
You put it on both: 1. Kubiak, why are you doing a high school play on 1st and Goal, in the 4th Quarter mind you? 2. Chris Brown, no light bulb lit up to think hey why don't I just fall or throw it out of bounds?

It's like DUMB & DUMBER!

Malloy
12-07-2009, 03:53 AM
Wow, these postgame quotes have some real nuggets this week. Who was it that postulated that Gary stuck with the script after Schaub went down instead of going a bit more conservative?

Think that was me, man do I hate when I'm right when all I really want is to be wrong :(

MannyFresh
12-07-2009, 04:51 AM
Did you see him on his TV interview? Its like he was laughing it off with a shrug....really Chris Brown? You think its a freaking joke? I didn't know bad high school plays amused you!!!!

AnthonyE
12-07-2009, 05:40 AM

Maybe?! What does he mean maybe? OF COURSE he shouldn't have thrown that ball. That's the most ridiculous thing I've read in a while. That's like if he were to say, "Oh, maybe I shouldn't have fumbled in the endzone," the last time we played the jags.

TexanBacker93
12-07-2009, 06:33 AM
This is why I have always hated the HB pass unless the HB in question was a QB at some point. They feel like the play has to go off so they force it. A QB knows, or should know, he is going to throw the ball 400+ times in a season. This isn't their only time to shine. Too often a HB given the "option" fails to exercise any discretion. Looks great on paper - sucks in reality.

Or the HB is someone like Tomlinson who knows what to do with the ball if something goes wrong.

mootini
12-07-2009, 08:46 AM
Thank you, Chris Brown for 2 wins this year! A fumble and a pick..what will he do next year?:kitten:

nunusguy
12-07-2009, 09:26 AM
Maybe you call this play on third down, but not on first and goal at the 5 after driving down to the red-zone with a solid rushing game. Not on a game of this significance to the Texans season.

Blake
12-07-2009, 09:33 AM
Thank you, Chris Brown for 2 wins this year! A fumble and a pick..what will he do next year?:kitten:

lol. I hope we cut him so Jax can sign him. Maybe he will return the favor???

HOU-TEX
12-07-2009, 10:33 AM
1st and goal at the 5 yards line, you put the ****in ball in the hands of your damn playmakers! Where the hell was AJ!!

I'd rather see 3-4 fades, screens, etc. to AJ in a row than the dude that has screwed this team more than helped.

As soon as the moron began running parallel to the LOS and untucked the ball I was freakin pissed right the **** off.

HoustonFrog
12-07-2009, 10:38 AM
1st and goal at the 5 yards line, you put the ****in ball in the hands of your damn playmakers! Where the hell was AJ!!

I'd rather see 3-4 fades, screens, etc. to AJ in a row than the dude that has screwed this team more than helped.

As soon as the moron began running parallel to the LOS and untucked the ball I was freakin pissed right the **** off.

I just put this in another thread but the interview with AJ was telling after the game. When asked about the play he made a comment about "wanting the ball in his hands but what can you do." I think if the Texans don't make a change they are starting to lose him.

Second Honeymoon
12-07-2009, 10:39 AM

/blows brains out

hahah

i am going to have a hard time not vomiting during today's presumed press conference with Kubiak

the dude is just worthless as a head coach and the signs have been there since day one...since the day he gave Carr his Seal of Approval, I have pretty much had little to no belief in his ability to evaluate talent or lead a team to the promised land.

HOU-TEX
12-07-2009, 11:20 AM
I just put this in another thread but the interview with AJ was telling after the game. When asked about the play he made a comment about "wanting the ball in his hands but what can you do." I think if the Texans don't make a change they are starting to lose him.

Honestly, it says a lot about AJ staying here this long. Most players of his magnitude would've easily bailed by now.

AJ is very near the top of my short list of favorite all time Houston athletes, but I wouldn't blame him one bit to want out after this season.

Jackie Chiles
12-07-2009, 01:05 PM

Hopefully next year his line will read 0 carries for 0 yards. No way he is a Texan, you will have to rely on someone else blowing the game for us. Might I suggest the other Kris Brown?

DerekLee1
12-07-2009, 06:26 PM
This one gets me.

Later, Kubiak in effect apologized to Brown for putting him on the spot with the play, which set up as an ordinary pitch right and did succeed in getting tight end Joel Dreessen open in the back corner of the end zone. The problem was somebody — film study will answer who — didn't account for Brackenridge, who got in Brown's face and on his person before he spied Dreessen.

He did WHAT?!? HE apologized to BROWN?!? What. the hell. is that? You apologize to the guy that botched it up. Terrible, terrible, terrible. *sigh*

mariowillshine15
12-07-2009, 06:28 PM
This one gets me.

He did WHAT?!? HE apologized to BROWN?!? What. the hell. is that? You apologize to the guy that botched it up. Terrible, terrible, terrible. *sigh*

He should of apologized for signing his sorry ass in the first place.

PapaL
12-07-2009, 07:17 PM
lol. I hope we cut him so Jax can sign him. Maybe he will return the favor???

HaHaHa

TEN cut him and now we're handing out victories left and right.

You just might be on to something.

Here's to IND picking him up!

Vinny
12-08-2009, 12:06 PM
ok, I'm gonna step out of my sarcastic disposition for a moment and I'd like to know if any of you guys know if Andre Johnson was on the field during the flea-flicker? Kubes has a strange habit of taking Johnson out at times when he gets into the red zone.

No More 8-8's
12-08-2009, 12:09 PM
Was Chris Brown crying in this explanation too. Apparently tears gets you your job back with Texans.

HOU-TEX
12-08-2009, 12:11 PM
ok, I'm gonna step out of my sarcastic disposition for a moment and I'd like to know if any of you guys know if Andre Johnson was on the field during the flea-flicker? Kubes has a strange habit of taking Johnson out at times when he gets into the red zone.

If he was on the field he was completely out of the play. So either way he wasn't included whatsoeva. Which is about as idiotic as you can get.

I would've given the ball to AJ in some fashion all 3-4 downs. That way if we still can't get it in we can't really ***** about the play call.

Joe Texan
12-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Now if he would have put AJ in the backfeild to run it in I would have been happy.

Motes fumbles on a horsecollar tackle that was not a fumble and he gets benched.

Brown fumbles on the goalline in crunch time and he is getting touches.

That does not sound right at all but Gary has more of a football mind than I do. I wonder if that is true?

JDizzle
12-08-2009, 12:47 PM

No AJ was on the field, on an island with man coverage judging from the gif. Can't tell where the S is but I recall someone on 610 saying he was cheating towards the run before the snap.