PDA

View Full Version : I Am Begining To Think The Texans Truly Are Cursed

gary
12-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Just like almost every other team in Houston. The Oilers suffered the same fate. If it isn't a flag it is a bad play call or a BS call by the refs and the list goes on. The 94-95 Rockets were the last team to bring this city a ring and well now there are the winning Dynamos now but that's all. Even though the Texans have only had two HC's in their short history very seldom does any Houston sports team picks the right man to get a team over the hump it's like they take them to a certain point and then that is it. Now maybe the Rockets will still get there with Rick and the Texans will get there with their next HC I hope so as I support all Houston sports teams. I am not ragging on anyone or about anything here. I just feel like this bad luck goes way back in time. I am left to wonder why all of the bad luck. What have we ever done to deserve it? It just sucks all around to be a Hoston sports fan hopefully the tide will change one day and we'll be proud of all our Houston sports teams I sure hope so and I think we all feel the same way right now. All we ever get is life sucked out of us as the one and only positive our of being a Houston sports fan and it's getting very old and tiring. I know we'd all agree on this.

TexansFight
12-06-2009, 07:59 PM
The problem is other than Les Alexander, Houston has had HORRIBLE owners. They were either cheap, crazy, indifferent, etc. Uncle Drayton can jump off a bridge and Bob McNair to me is a bumbling buffoon.

houstonspartan
12-06-2009, 08:01 PM
I am beginning to think the Texans are poorly coached.

Vinny
12-06-2009, 08:01 PM
No curse, it's just more reason to appreciate winning organizations. If it were easy everyone would be a winner.

HJam72
12-06-2009, 08:04 PM
It's not the Texans. It's Houston...

Just sayin'...

gary
12-06-2009, 08:05 PM
I am beginning to think the Texans are poorly coached.I know. Who thought Gary was the right guy and why? Is it just being a cheap owner?

euro-Texan
12-06-2009, 08:09 PM
The problem is other than Les Alexander, Houston has had HORRIBLE owners. They were either cheap, crazy, indifferent, etc. Uncle Drayton can jump off a bridge and Bob McNair to me is a bumbling buffoon.

You would rather have a Jerry Jones type of owner. If anyone says yes, I might just retire my Texans fandom alltogether....

gary
12-06-2009, 08:11 PM
You would rather have a Jerry Jones type of owner. If anyone says yes, I might just retire my Texans fandom alltogether....Hell no.

stingray
12-06-2009, 08:12 PM
Cursed is when you make the playoffs more often than not but the calls or the bounces never go your way in the playoffs. Like the Browns in the late 80's. You can't be cursed when you can't even win more than you lose year in and year out.

gary
12-06-2009, 08:16 PM
Cursed is when you make the playoffs more often than not but the calls or the bounces never go your way in the playoffs. Like the Browns in the late 80's. You can't be cursed when you can't even win more than you lose year in and year out.That's just it they do not get hardly any call late in games or fumbles or whatever.

Carr Bombed
12-06-2009, 08:27 PM
The Texans aren't cursed, they're just incompetent. If they actually had a competent FO/HC/players/business model/plan and still lost games........then they would be "cursed".

The Rockets are cursed :brickwall: The Texans are just flat out incompetent. (and while we're at it, at the moment you can go ahead and toss the Astros in with them as well)

Runner
12-06-2009, 08:31 PM
I don't think an outside force needs to be invoked to explain the losses. McNair says it's the players (and some of them prove it many weeks), Kubiak says it's on him (and he proves it every week). Doesn't that cover it?

DexmanC
12-06-2009, 08:32 PM
You can't put the troubles of the Texans on a curse. The blame belongs
to the people who have the power to change it, namely the organization.
Once the organization begins to demand excellence in every aspect of
its operation, we will continue to have mental lapses at key points of
games and seasons.

Wolf
12-06-2009, 08:36 PM
Texans just haven't learned how to make their own breaks

play with confidence and a chip on their shoulder .. more importantly back the confidence up with their play.

only game I can think of where the Texans made their breaks was the Miami game.. oh so long ago and yet after that they went back into their shell

gary
12-06-2009, 08:52 PM
Please do not read too much into this thread I just asked you all something to think about after yet another heart breaking loss today.

brakos82
12-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Tear down the AsbestosDome... 'nuff said.

Ryan
12-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Tear down the AsbestosDome... 'nuff said.

This.

Nothing(important) was ever won in that piece of junk.

Texecutioner
12-07-2009, 01:07 PM
There is no curse. You either have good people running your organization or you don't. It's that simple. YOu either have an owner who is willing to compete financially with a great GM and HC running his organization that will spend the money that it takes to build a winner or you don't. You either have the right guys that can lead an organization and over achieve more often than when he under achieves or you don't. You either have a franchise QB that will be a damn good one year in or year out or you don't. Any team in the NFL can compete and build a winning franchise, but you've got to have these elements in place.

ubecool454
12-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Just like almost every other team in Houston. The Oilers suffered the same fate. If it isn't a flag it is a bad play call or a BS call by the refs and the list goes on. The 94-95 Rockets were the last team to bring this city a ring and well now there are the winning Dynamos now but that's all. Even though the Texans have only had two HC's in their short history very seldom does any Houston sports team picks the right man to get a team over the hump it's like they take them to a certain point and then that is it. Now maybe the Rockets will still get there with Rick and the Texans will get there with their next HC I hope so as I support all Houston sports teams. I am not ragging on anyone or about anything here. I just feel like this bad luck goes way back in time. I am left to wonder why all of the bad luck. What have we ever done to deserve it? It just sucks all around to be a Hoston sports fan hopefully the tide will change one day and we'll be proud of all our Houston sports teams I sure hope so and I think we all feel the same way right now. All we ever get is life sucked out of us as the one and only positive our of being a Houston sports fan and it's getting very old and tiring. I know we'd all agree on this.

Gary you are on to something...I think the Astrodome has ghosts living in it...implode the dome and run those jinxy ghosts off.