12-06-2009, 06:41 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/index.asp?mm_file_id=3760&play_clip=y

bad call by Kubiak on the Brown play

Schaub had a dislocation

he shouldn't have put Brown in that position

clean up TO

Pantherstang84
12-06-2009, 06:42 PM
You know now when I hear him talk, I hear the teacher from The Peanuts...

Wah wah waaaahhhh wah wahhhhhhh wah wahhhh.

Maddict5
12-06-2009, 06:43 PM
You know now when I hear him talk, I hear the teacher from The Peanuts...

Wah wah waaaahhhh wah wahhhhhhh wah wahhhh.

:yawn:

Thorn
12-06-2009, 06:44 PM
Did he say the loss was on him again? LOL

HouSportsWriter
12-06-2009, 06:44 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/index.asp?mm_file_id=3760&play_clip=y

before i listin i bet this is how it gos down,,,

kubiak...they just out played us you got to give them credit where credit belongs regarding the team we did ok we coulda done beter i say i coulda changed a few plays but i didint

schaub...we just need to finish out games end of story

now im guna watch the show

hradhak
12-06-2009, 06:47 PM
Part of the thing that irritates me about Kubiak is that he is so passive after games. You couldn't tell whether his team or lost based on his expression. Clearly the players are stating their frustration in the post game conference why can't Kubiak?

HouSportsWriter
12-06-2009, 06:48 PM
oh my god kubes looks like a kid that need to pee moveing back and forth

Mr. White
12-06-2009, 06:50 PM
I don't watch many of these post-game PC's, but Kubes looks like he's broken after this one.

treduke
12-06-2009, 06:53 PM
i would like to see just a little more fire after a loss there coach

ArlingtonTexan
12-06-2009, 07:13 PM
The only the worse than both Kubiak's and Schaub's body language was that shirt/tie combo matt was wearing.

Wolf
12-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Thing with Kubiak's continuing of saying "it's on me"

really is deflating. I feel he doubts himself with making important calls and if he is doubting himself, how are the players going to play with confidence in key situations? or fans getting pumped at key moments.. just the mentality of the coach has filtered down.. at least in my opinion

ATXtexanfan
12-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Why watch them explain the loss, the texans invent ways to lose, we all saw what happened

TheRealJoker
12-06-2009, 07:34 PM

What's the point? He knows that he's gonna get the pink slip at the end of the year.

stingray
12-06-2009, 07:40 PM

kubiak...they just out played us you got to give them credit where credit belongs regarding the team we did ok we coulda done beter i say i coulda changed a few plays but i didint

It's kinda hard to understand when I'm sober, but it's like I'm reading latin with the 12 pack of Corona in my belly.

GP
12-06-2009, 07:41 PM
He doesn't want to end up being on a Coors Light commercial, that's why he refrains from having a press conference meltdown. LOL.

We have ANDRE JOHNSON and they call a freaking halfback pass with CHRIS BROWN as the guy who pulls the trigger?

LOL. LOL. LOL.

Epic f-a-i-l of gigantic proportions. This sums up Kubiak's tenure: Great between the 20s, but get down to the red zone and we get "cute" instead of going with our bread-and-butter.

I see there's a few new members to the Fire Kubiak club.

bckey
12-06-2009, 07:58 PM
I don't watch many of these post-game PC's, but Kubes looks like he's broken after this one.

I was watching redzone after the Texans game and I noticed that Jim Zorn and Gary Kubiak have that same look on their face. Like their lost and confused.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2008/12/faces_of_zorn_iii_nausea_and_c.html

mariowillshine15
12-06-2009, 08:07 PM
I was watching redzone after the Texans game and I noticed that Jim Zorn and Gary Kubiak have that same look on their face. Like their lost and confused.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2008/12/faces_of_zorn_iii_nausea_and_c.html

Art Shell patented that face.

Goatcheese
12-06-2009, 08:07 PM

The Jags did outplay them.

The O-line got flat out whipped by a poor Jags front 7, and when they needed to run the clock out for the win the Texans couldn't stop them.

The HB pass made me want to dragon kick Kubiak in the forehead, but the players got completely out worked, out hustled and outplayed.

silvrhand
12-06-2009, 08:31 PM
The only the worse than both Kubiak's and Schaub's body language was that shirt/tie combo matt was wearing.

ROFL seriously does this guy know how to pick a suit out? Does he buy that off the rack from Macys?

HJam72
12-06-2009, 08:40 PM
I see there's a few new members to the Fire Kubiak club.

Yep, new member for life, as promised. 1-5 in our division and Chris Brown throwing INT's doesn't make me real happy. :foottap:

False Start
12-06-2009, 08:44 PM
Thing with Kubiak's continuing of saying "it's on me"

really is deflating. I feel he doubts himself with making important calls and if he is doubting himself, how are the players going to play with confidence in key situations? or fans getting pumped at key moments.. just the mentality of the coach has filtered down.. at least in my opinion

Agreed 100%! The guy just doesn't radiate confidence, or any real emotion.... its really irritating.

DiehardChris
12-06-2009, 08:48 PM
I couldn't care less about fire or emotion in a post-game press conference. All this crap about showing emotion and getting angry - all that is a bunch of crap, IMO. It's professional football. That stuff doesn't mean squat in the pros. That's for college.

There's a HUGE LIST of awful head coaches who are fiery, and a huge list of ones that aren't.

Let's concentrate on the stuff that matters.

1. Kubiak has a 5-19 career record against the AFC South.

2. He constantly suffers from trying to outsmart everyone, which is always followed by an epic fail. IT'S JUST FOOTBALL! Put the ball in the hands of your best players, and see if the other team can stop you.

3. The running game is a complete and utter failure, and THAT is the biggest reason for this piece of sh*t of a season. More than coaching, more than anything - no running game.

Vinny
12-06-2009, 08:59 PM
Kubiak said that the Brown HB pass was "just a bad call by me". Too bad Kubiak is always trying to coach like he is trying to be the smartest guy in the room all the time.

DiehardChris
12-06-2009, 09:03 PM
Kubiak said that the Brown HB pass was "just a bad call by me". Too bad Kubiak is always trying to coach like he is trying to be the smartest guy in the room all the time.

Bingo. Been screaming that all season.

Hervoyel
12-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Can you imagine the damage he (the smartest coach in the room) could have done if he'd had the chance to work with Casserly (the smartest GM in the room) for any appreciable length of time?

It would have been epic.

Jackie Chiles
12-06-2009, 09:33 PM
You guys hit the nail on the head, Gary is trying to outsmart everyone and its pretty much been blowing up in his face. I would love to see what this team would have been capable of had we been playing percentage football all year. I doubt we would be world beaters but we would know a lot more about our players and weaknesses (outside of coaching).

Wolf
12-06-2009, 09:43 PM
Can you imagine the damage he (the smartest coach in the room) could have done if he'd had the chance to work with Casserly (the smartest GM in the room) for any appreciable length of time?

It would have been epic.

that is scary

and del rio went to the woodshed with 4 minutes left .. grabbed an axe and they did what they knew we would do.. run it down our throats and gain 1st down after 1st down

ugh

hollywood_texan
12-06-2009, 09:46 PM
1. Kubiak has a 5-19 career record against the AFC South.

Wow, I never really thought of that stat.

I checked it myself, but I get 7-17. Not much difference.

Here are the wins:

2006 - 1 against the Colts and 2 against the Jags
2007 - 1 against the Jags
2008 - 1 against the Jags and the Titans
2009 - 1 against the Titans

DiehardChris
12-06-2009, 10:06 PM

Here are the wins:

Good thing I'm into football, and not math. LOL

m5kwatts
12-06-2009, 10:08 PM

It would have been epic.

The 2006 draft was epic. 3 pro bowlers.

houstonspartan
12-07-2009, 12:03 AM

Here are the wins:

Stunning, isn't it? I just read that stat a few weeks ago and was floored.

At the end of the day, other than wins and losses, the record against the division is all that matters.

ArlingtonTexan
12-07-2009, 09:27 AM

Here are the wins:

Interesting that his biggest success was in the first year. This goes to some level predictably (opponents adjust to him) and inability to adjust to teams he is familiar.

HoustonFrog
12-07-2009, 10:02 AM
This will really annoy me...not sure where he would get this from in light of "the play."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/12/06/mmqb/4.html

5. I think Houston owner Bob McNair feels he's closer to winning in 2010 by keeping Gary Kubiak than by firing him. At least this morning he feels that way. Could that change? Absolutely.

Kaiser Toro
12-07-2009, 10:06 AM
This will really annoy me...not sure where he would get this from in light of "the play."

I like it as Kubiak's side has to dig-in in the press. If Kubiak has lost the team he will be gone. We should know a lot more after this Sunday's home game.

Runner
12-07-2009, 10:12 AM
Interesting that his biggest success was in the first year. This goes to some level predictably (opponents adjust to him) and inability to adjust to teams he is familiar.

Also interesting that his "biggest success" is 3-3.

Imatexanfan
12-07-2009, 10:17 AM

Why do you think he acts like that?! He is used to this...losing...that is what he does best...when we lose he shows no emotion or nothing and acts like he don't care. Me if I was coaching I'd have the team running Gasers until they puke, that's football, you lose you get dealt with.

Kubiak probably after a lose takes the team to Hooters, pays for the bill and sings Cocaine with them like Billy Bob Thornton on Bad News Nears...:handshake:

GP
12-07-2009, 10:18 AM

Our three divisional opponents have found a way to use their star athletes in every conceivable manner in order to get them the ball, regardless of position on the field and without respect to any quarter or point difference/down-and-distance, etc.

Andre Johnson has not been targeted like he should. The TD catch he made yesterday, where he went into motion was THE first time I saw this team actually design a specific play FOR Andre Johnson.

The next play I saw that seemed to be designed just for AJ, seemingly built just for AJ, was the big deep play where he stopped running and fooled the DB into thinking the pass play was going to the other side of the field (or that AJ was just a decoy to clear out space for a running play back at the LOS).

The effective plays in the red zone, this year, have been the screen play to Slaton or the quick pass to OD. Andre Johnson has been limited by this team's coaches who cannot (until their job is on the line) develop ways to get Andre Johnson the ball for TDs near the end zone.

It's getting to the point where I don't even get excited that AJ catches those deep passes and gets us near the end zone. I've developed this stigma whereby I don't care about big plays getting near the end zone because I want to see those big plays GETTING INTO the end zone, instead of the subsequent EPIC fail of our red zone playcalling.

We are losing games, a lot of times, because of red zone playcalling.

Mr. White
12-07-2009, 10:35 AM

Doesn't surprise me. As of last week, the rumor was that McNair was dead set on keeping Kubiak even if he went 8-8 again.

This week, it looks like nothing has changed. Anyone with any common sense can see it's time for a change.

McNair is just stubborn. He deserves a half empty stadium.

HoustonFrog
12-07-2009, 10:35 AM
I like it as Kubiak's side has to dig-in in the press. If Kubiak has lost the team he will be gone. We should know a lot more after this Sunday's home game.

Since the game was on NBC I watched Bob Allen interviewing Gary last night. Pretty pointed questions. Kubes looked defeated to me. Tired, worn out and defeated. When they asked AJ about the halfback pass he said something along the lines of "I'd like to have had the ball in my hands but what can you do." He said it was kind of a grin. To me losing guys like that is the big thing and I think he is starting to lose faith after those plays.

ArlingtonTexan
12-07-2009, 10:43 AM

I think McNair does not want to fire Kubiak (or anyone really). I thought is that if Kubiak gives him any reason to stick around another year, McNair won't fire him. Think he is from the tortiose over the hare school or steady wins the race school. That's fine in some businesses, but in the nfl where 30-35% of players change in a given year and team go from horrible to division champs yearly, change is a given and you need to ahead of it not behind.

Vinny
12-07-2009, 01:23 PM

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/peter_king/12/06/mmqb/4.htmlDespite the massive amount of evidence that Carr was a loser McNair gave him that extra year. History repeats itself.

Honoring Earl 34
12-07-2009, 01:27 PM
Despite the massive amount of evidence that Carr was a loser McNair gave him that extra year. History repeats itself.

Maybe Kubiak and McNair aren't as tight ?

Maybe this time Bob consults a famous Gamecock coach by the name of Lou Holtz .

Double Barrel
12-07-2009, 01:32 PM
Since the game was on NBC I watched Bob Allen interviewing Gary last night. Pretty pointed questions. Kubes looked defeated to me. Tired, worn out and defeated. When they asked AJ about the halfback pass he said something along the lines of "I'd like to have had the ball in my hands but what can you do." He said it was kind of a grin. To me losing guys like that is the big thing and I think he is starting to lose faith after those plays.

When Bob Allen asked Kubiak at the end of the interview if he was tired of saying the same thing all the time, Kubiak had that look on his face that he was lost and wasn't sure what to do to fix it. He is consistently out coached week after week and his team is consistently outplayed week after week. That is about the only consistency in this franchise right now. If McNair cannot see the obvious, then he is just as clueless as his HC.

HoustonFrog
12-07-2009, 01:36 PM
Despite the massive amount of evidence that Carr was a loser McNair gave him that extra year. History repeats itself.

True but here's to hoping that he learns from the past

When Bob Allen asked Kubiak at the end of the interview if he was tired of saying the same thing all the time, Kubiak had that look on his face that he was lost and wasn't sure what to do to fix it. He is consistently out coached week after week and his team is consistently outplayed week after week. That is about the only consistency in this franchise right now. If McNair cannot see the obvious, then he is just as clueless as his HC.

Yup, that is exactly what I saw. He put his head down and looked like he just didn't have an answer.

Runner
12-07-2009, 01:36 PM

I thought that question pissed him off.

TimeKiller
12-07-2009, 01:37 PM
The Brown pass...double meaning fully intended...I mean, play to your players strengths. CB has no strengths, so that's easy. Look at the guys offensively that have thrown a ball before: James Casey, Andre Davis, MATT SCHAUB, my god that was stupid

Vinny
12-07-2009, 01:37 PM
Since the game was on NBC I watched Bob Allen interviewing Gary last night. Pretty pointed questions. Kubes looked defeated to me. Tired, worn out and defeated. When they asked AJ about the halfback pass he said something along the lines of "I'd like to have had the ball in my hands but what can you do." He said it was kind of a grin. To me losing guys like that is the big thing and I think he is starting to lose faith after those plays.Kubiak has the body language of a loser. At his presser he looks like a loser. He's always looking at his feet. How can a team of MEN look to him as a leader? Perhaps a team of kids can, but Men? I'd say no.

Second Honeymoon
12-07-2009, 01:42 PM
we need more pink soap, Texans fans.

let the Tkyss and 76Texans of the world make up the next batch of excuses for the players, coaches, owners, and just about everyone else in the organization...

..we'll just get the soap ready and get ready for a new coach.

and Vinny, yes Kubiak has the body language and cookie cutter vocabulary of a pile of dog crap.

The guy just sucks, is not a motivator, poor game planner, poor in-game adjuster, poor clock manager, poor talent evaluator, poor communicator, and is a LOSER. he is a loser. It can't be argued. He has a losing record as a HC and is currently surfing the crest of a 4 game divisional losing streak. Hang Ten Gary and then go f yourself.

PINK SOAP UNITE!!

GP
12-07-2009, 01:47 PM

It shouldn't have.

He deserved it.

Plus, that's what I want from the media: Ask the TOUGH questions. Until this season, the media was afraid to do so, because they feared being put on his excriment list. Now? There's blood in the water, and it's his turn to squirm.

Did he not THINK that someone would eventually ask that question?

He puts in as much time on his presser preparation as he does his weekly gameplanning sessions, I suppose. Ouch.

Mr. White
12-07-2009, 01:57 PM

That's what it looked like to me. The way that he walked off after the question was asked confirmed it. The interview was tense.

While we're talking about body language....he had his arms crossed and was looking down the entire time. Closed off for conversation.

It reinforced the "smartest guy in the room" assertion to me. It looked like he didn't want to explain himself to a TV guy.

GP
12-07-2009, 02:01 PM
That's what it looked like to me. The way that he walked off after the question was asked confirmed it. The interview was tense.

While we're talking about body language....he had his arms crossed and was looking down the entire time. Closed off for conversation.

It reinforced the "smartest guy in the room" assertion to me. It looked like he didn't want to explain himself to a TV guy.

Kubiak is arrogant. I've said that before, and it is confirmed even more.

He thinks he's special. And I have long claimed that he had Richard Smith as our d-coord because he didn't dare want to risk having a really good d-coord come in there and whip the defense into shape and possibly threaten Kubiak's stature.

A lot of people said "What about Sherman, then?" And my reply was (and still is) that Sherman was just biding his time until he served his one-year sentence that almost all fired head coaches get--They become a coordinator somewhere then move on to a HC job after the one year. He was never ever a serious threat to Kubiak.

But now? I think there is a guy on staff that MIGHT be a potential threat to take the job if McNair axes Kubiak.

JB
12-07-2009, 02:49 PM
But now? I think there is a guy on staff that MIGHT be a potential threat to take the job if McNair axes Kubiak.

Who might that be?

MannyFresh
12-07-2009, 03:05 PM
There is no presser on Monday's after an away game right? Or am I getting morbidly giddy that we haven't heard from Texans yet?

Double Barrel
12-07-2009, 03:13 PM

Maybe he was pissed because he's lost and doesn't know how to fix it? He certainly looked unhappy, so yeah, anger could be part of it. Allen did not pull any punches with that question, though, and it told me that the gloves are off now. If Kubiak is going to get pissed because of the question, then dude needs to grow thicker skin and/or find another line of work than NFL head coach.

mattieuk
12-07-2009, 03:22 PM
He doesn't want to end up being on a Coors Light commercial, that's why he refrains from having a press conference meltdown. LOL.

Fans: Coach, Coach! Can you tell us why you didn't go for the smooth refreshing taste of Coors Light, and instead opted for a far inferior brand?!

Kubiak: Well, there are no real answers I can give you as such. But if you're looking for fingers to point, I'm right here, its my fault.

Fans: But how could you mistake the great flavor of Coors Light?

Kubiak: Look, again, its my fault, I made an error, I made the call, and in the situation, the call just wasn't right. It's no one else's fault.

Fans: And, how to we know you're not going to make this mistake again coach?

Kubiak: Well, we'll watch the tape with the kids, and I promise we'll try learn. Besides, Chris Brown told me he played QB in the pee wee league one time, and did well.

mattieuk does not endorse Coors Light, nor think that its competitors offer any less flavor, nor worse value for money.

Runner
12-07-2009, 03:29 PM

Maybe he was pissed because he's lost and doesn't know how to fix it? He certainly looked unhappy, so yeah, anger could be part of it. Allen did not pull any punches with that question, though, and it told me that the gloves are off now. If Kubiak is going to get pissed because of the question, then dude needs to grow thicker skin and/or find another line of work than NFL head coach.

Yeah, who knows. I dont really have any interpretation to add besides the fact he looked mad to me We saw a lot of the top of Andre's head during his snippet too. It does not look like a happy ship right now.

Nor should it.

Wolfiegrrl
12-07-2009, 03:42 PM
Perhaps it's time for the players, the leaders, to stand up and ***** each other out? Look at what happened in Green Bay... Rodgers, Driver and a few others made sure to have a closed door conversation with the entire offense during their bye week. One of the defensive players heard about it. Rodgers and Driver were chewing ass and taking names. Blame was being placed appropriately. Rodgers yelled at his OLine that he wasn't getting enough protection, they yelled back that he was holding on to the damned ball too long, and so on and so forth... Now, they're playing more like a cohesive unit.

Another team, I'm forgetting who at the moment, was on a down turn, they had their all out ***** session and have turned it around. Maybe our guys need to be locked in a room and not let out until they get their act together. Accountability is huge. I'm not seeing enough of it from this team.

On the coaching side... in the last four years, when have we had a stable coaching staff outside of our head coach? We now have the offensive staff in place. Perhaps Shanny Jr is trying to be a little too creative at times. We can blame that on inexperience. Our defense until this year, sucked rotten eggs. Frank Bush if finally pulling our Defense together. I say one more year just to see if the staffing has finally come together.

dalemurphy
12-07-2009, 03:45 PM
I'm a little appalled at the glee and enthusiasm some board members have over the idea of firing Kubiak. I really like the man. I think, looking back, many of us will appreciate the seeds he planted for this team's success. I feel horrible that a person who has spent so much time, energy, effort to coach this team into a winner the past four years is going to fall short of his goals. Nobody wanted this team to succeed more than Kubiak did and while we all talk about his dismissal, I think it's a good idea to remember that we are dealing with a quality individual, who worked his butt off in order to make this team a winner. I don't feel at all like I did when it was time to fire Capers.

HoustonFrog
12-07-2009, 03:55 PM
I'm a little appalled at the glee and enthusiasm some board members have over the idea of firing Kubiak. I really like the man. I think, looking back, many of us will appreciate the seeds he planted for this team's success. I feel horrible that a person who has spent so much time, energy, effort to coach this team into a winner the past four years is going to fall short of his goals. Nobody wanted this team to succeed more than Kubiak did and while we all talk about his dismissal, I think it's a good idea to remember that we are dealing with a quality individual, who worked his butt off in order to make this team a winner. I don't feel at all like I did when it was time to fire Capers.

There is no glee in wanting a guy fired. Some are just maybe excited that someone else can mold the right team.

Vinny
12-07-2009, 04:02 PM
I'm a little appalled at the glee and enthusiasm some board members have over the idea of firing Kubiak. I really like the man. I think, looking back, many of us will appreciate the seeds he planted for this team's success. I feel horrible that a person who has spent so much time, energy, effort to coach this team into a winner the past four years is going to fall short of his goals. Nobody wanted this team to succeed more than Kubiak did and while we all talk about his dismissal, I think it's a good idea to remember that we are dealing with a quality individual, who worked his butt off in order to make this team a winner. I don't feel at all like I did when it was time to fire Capers.I like him too...but I don't feel bad for the millionaire Coach. Poor guy has more money than both of us combined. It's not like he won't get work again. Poor little fella.

Mr. White
12-07-2009, 04:45 PM

I'd be a lot more gleeful if I thought he'd done a good job.

ArlingtonTexan
12-07-2009, 04:51 PM

Capers last year was so bad that there was no defense for keeping him. the Texans were at the bottom of the league in both offense and defense. It was largely a foreguone conclusion by Halloween.

GP
12-07-2009, 06:02 PM
I like him too...but I don't feel bad for the millionaire Coach. Poor guy has more money than both of us combined. It's not like he won't get work again. Poor little fella.

Exactly.

All of the NFL's players and coaches are winners, financially.

They end the game, go shake hands at midfield, and have a few laughs about how much money they get paid even if they lose.

There are NO losers in the NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, and on most NCAA teams.

Poor Gary. He's going to need counseling after this. I hope he can afford a good counselor. Maybe we should start a collection? It IS Christmas, after all.