PDA

View Full Version : Which Positions Need Upgrade Most?

m5kwatts
12-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Which one of these positions needs the most upgrading? Consider depth and quality of the current starter. Oh and name names after of who needs replacing :rake:

Jackie Chiles
12-06-2009, 03:28 PM
HC. Cowher or Leslie Frazier get my vote.

mariowillshine15
12-06-2009, 03:30 PM
We have issues on the team but the biggest is coaching. With the right coaching alot of those Ls become Ws

m5kwatts
12-06-2009, 03:32 PM
I agree the coach needs to go but you can't deny how awful the offensive line was today vs. the worst team at getting sacks in the NFL. You can't deny the soft coverage in the secondary. Other than Pollard all the guys on defense made mistakes at some point. Schaub was terrific but the receivers didn't get open as they're capable of. Really, Moats, Pollard and Schaub were the only bright spots in that game.

Hardcore Texan
12-06-2009, 03:32 PM
Chris Brown needs to be gone so we need a stud RB. We need a stud FS, if Wilson makes it back next year he will be good depth and Busing doesn't have it. We need at least one CB in the offseason could use two to replace Dunta and Bennett (Dunta played much better today btw). We need a stud center which probably won't happen in FA, so we are stuck hoping Caldwell takes over for Myers or developing a rook from using a draft pick. We also need to upgrade the interior DL.

TexCanada
12-06-2009, 03:33 PM
I think we need a big DT, a FS, and a new interior O-Line. I would love to see us pick up a vet FS in free agency, and address our other needs through the draft.

Thorn
12-06-2009, 03:34 PM
I'm not voting for the coaching staff because I think some of them (not Kubick) are OK. Let's just start with getting rid of Kubiak.

In any case, I voted for guard/center.

Goatcheese
The O-line was pathetic today. There is no other way to describe how I feel about them.

The Jags front 7 is terrible, and they just completely abused our line.

From the first snap of the game where basically everyone on the line got beat I knew it was going to be a bad day. That was even before they got to Schaub and he went out.

Can't win with 'em. Can't coach with 'em. Can't do it.

wagonhed
Shit, I didn't see the coaching staff option.

Personally I'm obsessed with secondary play so I voted S, CB, and G/C. I love me some Eric Berry.

mariowillshine15
12-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Shit, I didn't see the coaching staff option.

Personally I'm obsessed with secondary play so I voted S, CB, and G/C. I love me some Eric Berry.

He would totally change the secondary. We can only dream.

m5kwatts
I think FS RB & CB have reasonable starters/depth but obviously could use an unquestionable big time NFL starter (ex. Cushing, Mario, etc cornerstone guys).... Really interior line should be the #1 priority.

bah007
I've been saying it since last offseason: we need to upgrade in the interior o line.

Goatcheese
12-06-2009, 03:38 PM
I think FS RB & CB have reasonable starters/depth but obviously could use an unquestionable big time NFL starter (ex. Cushing, Mario, etc cornerstone guys).... Really interior line should be the #1 priority.

FS needs somebody who doesn't miss 10 games every year.

The O-line(not just the interior IMO) needs an overhaul.

phantom17
12-06-2009, 03:38 PM
We just need a new Head Coach & Def. Coordinator!!!! I'm just sick & tired of VERY STUPID football every week! Man, another wasted season looking towards the draft............................................. .......................again!

m5kwatts
12-06-2009, 03:42 PM
FS needs somebody who doesn't miss 10 games every year.

The O-line(not just the interior IMO) needs an overhaul.

I don't see an 'overhaul'. Definitely the 2 guard spots. The center spot will depend on the coach. Regardless Caldwell is one of those 3 upgrades. Brisiel deserves a chance to recover. Who knows if Pitts will. But I think the tackles will remain.

WolverineFan
12-06-2009, 03:51 PM
I've been saying it since last offseason: we need to upgrade in the interior o line.

Keep in mind that both starting Guards were lost to season ending injuries weeks ago. Still, the talent level is not that high even if they are healthy. I believe they have a future stud in Caldwell, but they need 2 more guys inside because Pitts can't play forever.

Goldensilence
12-06-2009, 03:54 PM
I don't see an 'overhaul'. Definitely the 2 guard spots. The center spot will depend on the coach. Regardless Caldwell is one of those 3 upgrades. Brisiel deserves a chance to recover. Who knows if Pitts will. But I think the tackles will remain.

I think we're ok with our tackles. Depends on how Pitts rehabs, I unless there's no shot of him coming back I hope McNair does the right thing and lets him compete for a spot.

Brisiel should be gone along with Myers, Studdard and White. Even if Caldwell isn't "ready" by Gibbs or whomever's standards he might as well get playing time.

m5kwatts
12-06-2009, 04:10 PM
I think we're ok with our tackles. Depends on how Pitts rehabs, I unless there's no shot of him coming back I hope McNair does the right thing and lets him compete for a spot.

Brisiel should be gone along with Myers, Studdard and White. Even if Caldwell isn't "ready" by Gibbs or whomever's standards he might as well get playing time.

They need to address the o-line in the draft. Get a G/C who can anchor the running game.

4Texans
12-06-2009, 08:41 PM
Guard/Center still after all these years.....