PDA

View Full Version : Get your Kubiak soap here

Hookem Horns
12-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Does anyone need anymore evidence after that Chris Brown play call that resulted in an interception?

Simply right click on my avatar, either copy the URL or save it to your computer and upload it as an avatar.

gtexan02
12-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Still >5 minutes to go in this one. Texans and Jags are both great at choking away games.

Texans_00
12-06-2009, 03:42 PM
We NEED a REAL Coach

Not one who can't adapt to changes, who calls lousy plays (Chris Brown pass), who couldn't manage a clock if he was a timeclock himself

Dishman
12-06-2009, 03:45 PM
We need to sacrifice a goat or some chickens or maybe even Bevo. Whatever removes all the BS we deal with each year.

Silver Oak
12-06-2009, 03:49 PM
We need to sacrifice a goat or some chickens or maybe even Bevo. Whatever removes all the BS we deal with each year.

Bevo stew sounds pretty good!

UK_Texan
12-06-2009, 03:51 PM
Got mine

Hookem Horns
12-06-2009, 03:52 PM
Since Kubiak is an Aggy maybe we need to sacrifice a collie or a milk man.

Showtime100
12-06-2009, 03:57 PM
Since Kubiak is an Aggy maybe we need to sacrifice a collie or a milk man.

That was uncalled for and I'm not an Aggie, but I'm in.

gtexan02
12-06-2009, 03:59 PM
ok, carry on

Hookem Horns
12-06-2009, 04:01 PM
That was uncalled for and I'm not an Aggie, but I'm in.

Just responding to the Bevo sacrificing talk. ;)

treduke
12-06-2009, 04:53 PM
i am now on the pink soap bandwagon

DexmanC
12-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Matt Schaub comes out of the like a locker room, and leads a heroic charge.
Kubiak lets the ENTIRE TEAM, especially the DEFENSE down with this
shitty call!

http://i47.tinypic.com/51udeg.jpg

Gimme dat damn bar of soap!!!

Silver Oak
12-06-2009, 05:11 PM

c'mon! you've never looked at this thing and thought "tailgate banquet"? :kitten:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3258/3162917913_40d242824c.jpg

mariowillshine15
12-06-2009, 05:12 PM
shitty call!

Totally agree. Schaub is on fire and you take it out of his hands.

*epic face palm*

texanfan2002114
12-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Got mine

Dishman
12-06-2009, 05:16 PM

I'll take a steak any day before I eat a Collie. LOL. But what do I know, I didn't go to either school. I just know what tastes good on my plate.

nut
12-06-2009, 05:21 PM
c'mon! you've never looked at this thing and thought "tailgate banquet"? :kitten:

Why is your Aggy logo the UT logo with the horns hanging down (eg. saw 'em off?) Get your own logo, stop using someone else's.

hollywood_texan
12-06-2009, 05:23 PM
Does anyone need anymore evidence after that Chris Brown play call that resulted in an interception?

Simply right click on my avatar, either copy the URL or save it to your computer and upload it as an avatar.

Got mine!!!

False Start
12-06-2009, 05:54 PM
I gotta keep the B&B avatar going, I've had it since day one. I did however make a few changes. :)

OzzO
12-06-2009, 05:57 PM
shitty call!

The only thing that would make that pic above perfect, would be PLAY CALL FAIL flash at the end of it.

Wolf
12-06-2009, 06:07 PM

I don't think the Texans are into cannibalism

:user:

Texans Pride
12-06-2009, 07:58 PM
I'm in. I held off last week, thought I'd wait to see what happened this week. . No need to put it off any longer.

eriadoc
12-06-2009, 10:45 PM
It's one thing to watch the players screw up normal plays. It's quite another to start calling BS plays like the Brown pass. I'm on board now.

CloakNNNdagger
12-06-2009, 10:56 PM
Totally agree. Schaub is on fire and you take it out of his hands.

*epic face palm*

A Houston football EPIC decision tradition..............to the likes of "Stagger Lee.":choke:

Silver Oak
12-07-2009, 08:02 AM
A Houston football EPIC decision tradition..............to the likes of "Stagger Lee.":choke:

the two plays were run on different ends of the field, and Stagger Lee had a lower upside, but yeah...still a very questionable call.

BrandonLwowski
12-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Im in on the fire kubiak for the first time this year. the halfback pass was stupid. you have a badass qb why not put it in his hands? One postive thing from this game is We have a QB!!!

JB
12-07-2009, 09:01 AM

I must be too stupid this morning. All I get on the right click is the Texans Talk URL

Thorn
12-07-2009, 09:07 AM
For the record here, I'm in agreement with getting rid of Kubiak, and the sooner the better. I'm just not in the mood to change avatars.

Just thought I would say that. :)

BrandonLwowski
12-07-2009, 10:48 AM
Fire Kubiak Club check!!!!!

jaayteetx
12-07-2009, 12:24 PM
Somebody explain to me the origins of the pink soap please.

brakos82
12-07-2009, 12:25 PM
It was from the miserable '05 season. Somebody changed their avy, and it all went downhill from there.

jaayteetx
12-07-2009, 12:27 PM
It was from the miserable '05 season. Somebody changed their avy, and it all went downhill from there.

Why soap though? I don't get it.

GP
12-07-2009, 12:40 PM

From the movie Fight Club (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fight_Club_(film)), I think.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/fc/Fight_Club_poster.jpg/200px-Fight_Club_poster.jpg

eriadoc
12-07-2009, 01:09 PM

Hervoyel is the one to blame, IIRC. He changed the Fight Club pink soap to say Fire Capers. He did a stellar job, too. I'll see if I can dig up the original later. Very good PS job.

Double Barrel
12-07-2009, 01:14 PM
There is no Fire Kubiak Club. That's the first rule.

OzzO
12-07-2009, 01:23 PM

There is no Fire Kubiak Club. That's the first rule.

This. You don't mention it, you don't know about it... unless you know about it.

SICLICK
12-07-2009, 01:28 PM
Fire the bastard!

Ryan
12-07-2009, 02:14 PM

I need my avatar/sig rights back. I can't do any changing to them.

brakos82
12-07-2009, 02:16 PM
I need my avatar/sig rights back. I can't do any changing to them.

Welcome to the club. :pirate:

Vinny
12-07-2009, 02:17 PM
I need my avatar/sig rights back. I can't do any changing to them.I just turned them back on but you will lose them again if you cannot follow the rules pards.

texan9885
12-07-2009, 02:30 PM
I'm in, I like that guy but come on, how can Josh McDaniels have his team at 8-4 in his first year with a new QB etc.!!!!????? Someone explain that?

Porky
12-07-2009, 02:48 PM
I'm in. Granted there is no Kubiak pink soap club, but ummm, well ok I'm in the official pink soap and hand lotion club? :thinking:

Actually that assinine HB pass call was the final straw for me. :voodoo:

FirstTexansFan
12-07-2009, 04:46 PM
I'm in. Granted there is no Kubiak pink soap club, but ummm, well ok I'm in the official pink soap and hand lotion club? :thinking:

Then it's official, the gawd of Texans Talk has spoken, someone call Kubes, he's toast :)

Houston_Fanatic
12-07-2009, 05:03 PM
I'm in. And I *am* an Aggie, but it doesn't matter - he has GOT TO GO! And his staff along with him.

:gun:

MightyTExan
12-07-2009, 05:07 PM
I'm so mad I can't even think straight. Whichever game it was where on the last play and AJ was not on the field (Colts, Titans?). That was the last straw for me. It would have been nice for the local boy to do good.

thunderkyss
12-07-2009, 06:41 PM
I'm not going to wear the soap. But I think it's pretty funny, & cool, I really liked the movie.

Is there anyway someone can get me a larger sized picture, so I can save, or use as wall paper or something?

brakos82
12-07-2009, 06:44 PM
It's in another thread I posted in, let me drag it up.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb23/brakos82/firekubes.jpg

thunderkyss
12-07-2009, 06:48 PM
shitty call!

Had Chris White done his job, we'd be calling Kubiak/Shanahan geniuses.

It's in another thread I posted in, let me drag it up.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb23/brakos82/firekubes.jpg

Thanks

Double Barrel
12-07-2009, 06:59 PM

Had my aunt possessed nuts, I'd be calling her Uncle Barbara. :shades:

Just playin' around, man.

It just goes to show that the margin of error in the NFL is slim, although I question calling that specific play during that point in the game. The decision says more about the coaching staff than how it was or was not executed.

dalemurphy
12-07-2009, 07:15 PM

I'm returning my Pink Soap. I'm riding the Kubiak bandwagon into 2010!! The 26 hours I spent in the Kubiak Pink Soap club are 26 hours I will never forget.

JB
12-08-2009, 08:39 AM

I think that Leach took on the wrong block

eriadoc
12-08-2009, 11:05 AM

I wouldn't. A stupid play call is a stupid play call, regardless if it works. There are so many things wrong with that play it isn't even fathomable. First of all, you ran the outside sweep a few times earlier in the game to get the corner and set up that play for later. Only, you ran it with Ryan Moats. Who the **** expects Chris Brown to get the outside corner? WTF? Second, does Chris Brown have some passing skill we don't know about? Because I sure as hell wouldn't have let him pass the ball, out of anyone. Third, you had a QB that was actually clicking, and you take the ball out of his hands?

IF you're going to practice that play and run it in a game (big if), IMO, you line Casey up at FB and run some sort of FB play a few times to set it up, and then if it's there later, you let him throw the ball. He's the only guy we have that I can think of who can line up in the backfield and actually throw the ball (played a bit of QB, pitched for White Sox).

Since that looks as absurd in written form as it sounded in my head, you simply don't run that play.

Here's where I point out the incongruence among the fans here. Kubiak is in a no-win situation with most of you. IMO, he needs to put it on the players. Call standard, high percentage plays in the red zone. When they don't work, it's clearly on the players then. Of course, when he's done that in the past, the players have failed him, they've lost games, and all he gets from the fans and media is "Why do you keep calling plays that you know won't work?" So he learns (those of you who say he never learns are wrong) to mistrust his players and he starts making stupid playcalls, or even worse, conservative chickenshit playcalls, like the one to set up the 49-yd. FG at the end of the Colts game. With a timeout left, you have to call a play to get closer in that situation, but Kubes doesn't trust his players.

To me, the mistrust is warranted, and I have a hard time pinning that on Kubiak. I do not have a hard time blasting him for the way he's responded to that mistrust of his players. He's allowed that to change his playcalling into something abysmal, and this is on top of his already questionable clock management and game situation management. So he needs to go.

He should have left it all on the shoulders of the players and let them win or lose games based on what they can or cannot do.

GP
12-08-2009, 11:25 AM
Let's also talk about these two issues:

1. Chris Brown started running very slow from the start of the play. He didn't even act like he was really running the ball. He began drawing it back, to throw, way too quickly.

2. He should have thrown it to the back corner of the end zone. The TV angle I saw, showed a wide open area where there was not a single Jags defender. The area was HUGE! Toss it to the open spot and let the receiver RUN to it.

If you watch the play again (if you can stomach to do so) you will see that our receiver on tha play was easily breaking through the Jags defenders and easily would have made it to the HUGE open spot in the corner of the end zone.

Instead, Chris Brown really did act like he was a QB...trying to let the pass route develop so that he could see his receiver and throw it to him. DOH! just throw it to the empty spot and let your receiver run to it. It would have been 6 points.

But that's not even taking all the other stuff into heavy consideration, such as what you had pointed out. Which you did a very nice job of, btw.

Vinny
12-08-2009, 11:37 AM
Chris Brown...I don't want to hear his name again. What the hell happened during the bye week?

Kubes: Hey guys, Chris Brown needs more touches. I think we should focus our ground attack around his explosive style. Perhaps we can work in a flea flicker? We need the ball in his hands.

Lil' Shanny: Wow, ur reading my mind 2nite Kubes! I just ran that play on Madden and it was the hard core!!!11!

texan9885
12-08-2009, 11:43 AM

Thanks

I feel it should have been leach's guy he is faster and chris could have gotten the guy leach got!

Vinny
12-08-2009, 11:45 AM
I feel it should have been leach's guy he is faster and chris could have gotten the guy leach got!
It was just a poorly designed play in short space. With the defense in the red zone all the defenders are right on top of the LOS. I can see that call on the 50 yard line or something but not right there. Besides, the only way for Leach to have made the block is for him to have split himself into two players and blocked two defenders. If he took the other guy, the guy he was blocking would have forced the play.

barrett
12-08-2009, 04:28 PM
Keep Him.

DexmanC
12-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Keep Him.

We have one vote for 3-14 over the last three seasons in the division.

Any others??

MightyTExan
12-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Redzone=give the ball to AJ.

thunderkyss
12-08-2009, 10:53 PM
I question calling that specific play during that point in the game. The decision says more about the coaching staff than how it was or was not executed.

When is a good time to call that play? Every other team that calls it up, calls it right there. It was perfect.

I think that Leach took on the wrong block

You're right. I picked on White, because it's easier for some people here to believe he messed up, & not our bad-ass FB.

I wouldn't. A stupid play call is a stupid play call, regardless if it works. There are so many things wrong with that play it isn't even fathomable.

Are you missing the part where everyone says it developed exactly how they expected it to. Dressen alone in the endzone, two blockers, two defenders.... the only thing wrong with that play, is that two players made bad decisions.

First of all, you ran the outside sweep a few times earlier in the game to get the corner and set up that play for later. Only, you ran it with Ryan Moats. Who the **** expects Chris Brown to get the outside corner?

Yet they still got what they were looking for. I've got to imagine the defense was thinking the same thing you were, & licking their chops. Maybe that's why Dressen was alone in the back of the end zone.

WTF? Second, does Chris Brown have some passing skill we don't know about? Because I sure as hell wouldn't have let him pass the ball, out of anyone.

When did LT start throwing the ball? Was he a high school QB or something?

Third, you had a QB that was actually clicking, and you take the ball out of his hands?

happens all the time.

It was just a poorly designed play in short space. With the defense in the red zone all the defenders are right on top of the LOS. I can see that call on the 50 yard line or something but not right there.

Am I missing something here? aren't the majority of HB passes called in the redzone? How many TD passes does LT have? Did they all go for 50 yards?

That don't sound right.

Besides, the only way for Leach to have made the block is for him to have split himself into two players and blocked two defenders. If he took the other guy, the guy he was blocking would have forced the play.

no faith in Chris White to do his job? the only thing I think I would have done differently, would be to have Winston out there to make that block instead of White.

Silver Oak
12-08-2009, 11:06 PM
We have one vote for 3-14 over the last three seasons in the division.

Any others??

we have a lot of knee jerk votes for having a freaking turnstile at the head coach position for what is the newest franchise in the league. any more?

eriadoc
12-08-2009, 11:50 PM
When did LT start throwing the ball? Was he a high school QB or something?

Am I missing something here? aren't the majority of HB passes called in the redzone? How many TD passes does LT have? Did they all go for 50 yards?

I hate to break it to you, but you are missing at least one very key thing - Chris Brown != LT.

It's pretty remarkable that you're defending the play call when Kubiak has publicly stated that it was a stupid decision.

Double Barrel
12-09-2009, 11:36 AM
When is a good time to call that play? Every other team that calls it up, calls it right there. It was perfect.

We are not "every other team". We are the Houston Texans, incapable of playing 4 quarters of consistent football in one game, and certainly incapable of running gimmicky trick plays.

Perfect? No, it was clearly FAIL.

Keep serving your Koolaide, man. Nobody is drinking it, though.

we have a lot of knee jerk votes for having a freaking turnstile at the head coach position for what is the newest franchise in the league. any more?

I do not see reaction to four seasons of non-winning seasons as "knee jerk". The desire for change and upgrade is a natural human response to continuous failure.

What other successful team in the NFL would hire Gary Kubiak as their head coach right now? I doubt that you could name any without either lying or breaking your back trying to make the argument. It is time for this franchise to quit hiring NFL rejects like Capers/Casserly and quit hiring inexperienced noobs like Kubiak/Smith/Shanahan/Bush. 8 years of averaging 10 losses per season is wearing on a fan base.

Brando
01-03-2010, 10:27 PM
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f372/FrecklesCC/gkdropsoap.gif

Yeah the Bengals put me in a bad mood.