PDA

View Full Version : Texas Longhorns Vs. Alabama Crimson Tide

Imatexanfan
12-05-2009, 07:03 PM
I had to do it, I won't be here to watch the game...Longhorns win 34-27:clap:

Special Teams make-up the factor of this game...

sakebomb
12-06-2009, 09:58 AM
After watching the two games yesterday Bama kills them.

MojoMan
12-06-2009, 10:12 AM
After watching the two games yesterday Bama kills them.

I don't think so. Texas defense is awesome.

thunderkyss
12-06-2009, 10:17 AM

I don't know about that. A&M had a pretty good day against them. & so has a couple of other teams this year. Nebraska's offense made Texas look good last night.

I'm not saying Texas is bad deffensively... I'm just saying I don't know that they are all that. Alabama looks pretty balanced on offense, & stout on Defense.

I just don't think this is going to be a high scoring game. Probably more along the lines of Last nights 13-12 win.

MojoMan
12-06-2009, 10:32 AM
I don't know about that. A&M had a pretty good day against them. & so has a couple of other teams this year. Nebraska's offense made Texas look good last night.

I'm not saying Texas is bad deffensively... I'm just saying I don't know that they are all that. Alabama looks pretty balanced on offense, & stout on Defense.

I just don't think this is going to be a high scoring game. Probably more along the lines of Last nights 13-12 win.

Alabama has a stronger running game than Texas by far. But if Texas can get it's passing game cranked up, Alabama could be in for a long night. I know that a lot of people around base their perspectives almost entirely on the last game played by a team, but Colt McCoy has some very impressive passing statistics for this season. Some people may have forgotten already, but Colt McCoy was in fact the leading candidate for the Heisman trophy just 24 hours ago. Here is a link to McCoy's statistics at ESPN:

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=175772

And everyone should try to keep in mind, both of these teams have been inconsistent on offense this year, not just Texas.

In any case, the defenses are likely to rule the day for this match-up. Offense sells tickets, but defense wins championships. The team with the better defense on this day will go home with a national title.

HTown2ATX
12-06-2009, 10:39 AM

Bama's D aint no joke either.

What ought to worry Texas fans is that the 'Horns have been a slow starting offense ALL SEASON.

If 'Bama's D holds up and gets field position and puts 2 TD's up first...could be game.

Florida was a great team and got ANNIHILATED last night. What non-poof team has Texas ANNIHILATED this year.

A&M - No

OU - NO

Tech - Dude, UH beat them before losses to UCF and UTEP...UH has NO D and still beat them.

OSU - Again....not like they were even a great team as it turns out.

I will root for Texas and am not hoping they lose by any means. But as I am not a Longhorn fan, I feel like I am seeing them for what they really are. I want to see UT win only so the VY n*t guzzlers here in Austin forget about him and demanding that Titan games be played on TV here. That's my prize if Texas wins. I want the whole city of San Francisco....err....uh,.,....Austin to finally fully commit to leg humping Colt.

Here's praying he wins the Heisman, wins the National Championship, gets drafted #1 overall...TO AN NFC TEAM!!!!!!! AAAhhhhhh what a scernario that would be!:smiliedance:

kastofsna
12-06-2009, 10:49 AM
Alabama will destroy, yawn.

more interested in whoever TCU, Cincinnati, and Boise State plays

awtysst
12-06-2009, 11:07 AM
It kinda depends on which Bama and which Horns teams showup.

If the Bama that played Tennessee or Auburn shows up, then they are not the feared Bama. If the Texas that played A&M shows up they will get rocked. However, if we see the Texas D that played Oklahoma or Oklahoma State, it will be a solid game.

Remember, that each side will have over a month to prepare for this one game. There will be time to rest injuries and get healthy. I think it will be a good low scoring game and the winner will come down to which D can make that last big stop.

thunderkyss
12-06-2009, 11:22 AM
Here's praying he wins the Heisman, wins the National Championship, gets drafted #1 overall...TO AN NFC TEAM!!!!!!! AAAhhhhhh what a scernario that would be!:smiliedance:

Until he's drafted by Jacksonville.

thunderkyss
12-06-2009, 11:23 AM
Alabama will destroy, yawn.

more interested in whoever TCU, Cincinnati, and Boise State plays

I'd like to see TCU or Cincinnati play Florida.

hot pickle
12-06-2009, 12:04 PM
UT was looking past Nebraska last night and almost got upset... but the real UT team will show up against bama... it will be a good game... go UT

Blake
12-06-2009, 12:26 PM
I think it will be a 20's 20's game. With the difference coming in the special teams.

Silver Oak
12-06-2009, 12:43 PM
based on horns last two games, Alabama should kick their teeth in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MojoMan
12-06-2009, 12:56 PM
based on horns last two games, Alabama should kick their teeth in.

But why would you base it on only the Horns last two games?

bah007
12-06-2009, 12:57 PM

The Texas defense has had one bad showing in 13 games. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that the A&M game was the aberration and not the other way around.

I'll have more to say about the game as it gets closer. This last game was too exhausting for me to even care about the next one yet.

One thing I will say is this: NOBODY gave Texas a chance when they played USC. Remember what happened?

Showtime100
12-06-2009, 01:00 PM
After watching the replay, Texas will "find a way" to win.

bah007
12-06-2009, 01:04 PM

Tongue in cheek?

MojoMan
12-06-2009, 01:05 PM

Colt McCoy is the new Vince Young. He just wins games. Period.

:)

Dan B.
12-06-2009, 01:28 PM
There's no team that deserves a bid more than UT. There are a few that are as deserving, but again, someone gets screwed every year. Last year it was Texas' turn to get robbed. This year it's TCU's (I don't buy the Cincy/Boise arguments. Those teams haven't beaten anyone either. They will get squashed when they face a team with speedy recruits on D).

Sure the Big 12 had a down year. But invalidating UT's undefeated season and snubbing a top 2 team on the nation's longest winning streak because their opponents had an injury plagued season is like saying the Rockets titles don't count because the NBA was in rebuilding mode. No one deserves it more than they do.

I am very worried about Texas' line, which has had a tendency to get abused against top notch D Lines. I think Texas' defense has been ignored all year. People constantly make excuses (Nebraska just doesn't have any offense. Apparently OSU, Missouri, and Texas Tech have no offense either) and overlook the tenacious and talented players that Muschamp has molded into a top unit. I'm expecting a defensive game myself, and I am not certain that Texas wins. But I don't think Texas gets blown out. They earned their spot.

Showtime100
12-06-2009, 01:38 PM
There's no team that deserves a bid more than UT. There are a few that are as deserving, but again, someone gets screwed every year. Last year it was Texas' turn to get robbed. This year it's TCU's (I don't buy the Cincy/Boise arguments. Those teams haven't beaten anyone either. They will get squashed when they face a team with speedy recruits on D).

Sure the Big 12 had a down year. But invalidating UT's undefeated season and snubbing a top 2 team on the nation's longest winning streak because their opponents had an injury plagued season is like saying the Rockets titles don't count because the NBA was in rebuilding mode. No one deserves it more than they do.

I am very worried about Texas' line, which has had a tendency to get abused against top notch D Lines. I think Texas' defense has been ignored all year. People constantly make excuses (Nebraska just doesn't have any offense. Apparently OSU, Missouri, and Texas Tech have no offense either) and overlook the tenacious and talented players that Muschamp has molded into a top unit. I'm expecting a defensive game myself, and I am not certain that Texas wins. But I don't think Texas gets blown out. They earned their spot.

Bullshit. Name me another team that gets away with what they did last night. Pure and simple bullshit. Was there 1 second left? Yes. Is there another team that would get the call? Hell no and you know it.

Blake
12-06-2009, 01:40 PM
Bullshit. Name me another team that gets away with what they did last night. Pure and simple bullshit. Was there 1 second left? Yes. Is there another team that would get the call? Hell no and you know it.

Get what call?

Showtime100
12-06-2009, 01:44 PM
Get what call?

LOL!!!!! Nuff said. What's next? "What arrest?"

Dan B.
12-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Are you actually saying that the only reason the refs made the correct call is due to a pro Horns bias?

Honoring Earl 34
12-06-2009, 01:46 PM
I believe Alabama had the best defense in the country .

Here's some totals .

Alabama gives up 11 points a game and 241.8 yards a game .

Nebraska gives up 11.2 points a game and 284 yards a game .

Texas gives up 15.2 points a game and 251 yards a game .

Nebraska defense shut down UT and had 9 sacks . Nebraska's offense stinks which kept UT in the game .

Alabama 24 -Texas 10

Showtime100
12-06-2009, 01:47 PM
Are you actually saying that there wasn't a second left on the clock?

I'm saying nobody get the call but assholes in Austin.

Dan B.
12-06-2009, 01:49 PM

yeah I rewrote the question after writing it. The question should be: Are you actually saying that the only reason the refs made the correct call is due to a pro Horns bias?

I don't buy that. It was the right call. It was what actually happened. I'm not claiming bias when the refs do the right thing. That makes no sense at all.

Don't let your UT hate overcome your common sense. The refs did the right thing.

Honoring Earl 34
12-06-2009, 01:51 PM

I think if anyone wanted Texas to win it was the Big12 conference .

The call was the third problem after a kickoff out of bounds and a horse collar . They gave Texas 55 yards right off the top .

Showtime100
12-06-2009, 01:55 PM
yeah I rewrote the question after writing it. The question should be: Are you actually saying that the only reason the refs made the correct call is due to a pro Horns bias?

I don't buy that. It was the right call. It was what actually happened. I'm not claiming bias when the refs do the right thing. That makes no sense at all.

Don't let your UT hate overcome your common sense. The refs did the right thing.

Then you are nuts. Texas got the call due to bias and the entire world knows it. Moreover, I don't hate UT, I call it like I see it. However, you guys are the most obnoxious fans in the world (we all know it), seeing how you think I must have a preconceived hatred against UT to feel that way. There is an arrogance there that shines through.

Texas got the call for the sake of the BCS and you know it, simple as that.

Dan B.
12-06-2009, 01:55 PM
I think if anyone wanted Texas to win it was the Big12 conference .

The call was the third problem after a kickoff out of bounds and a horse collar . They gave Texas 55 yards right off the top .

But if Nebraska won than the Big 12 would get two BCS teams. Don't you think the conference wants that extra 18 mil?

Honoring Earl 34
12-06-2009, 01:56 PM
But if Nebraska won than the Big 12 would get two BCS teams. Don't you think the conference wants that extra 18 mil?

They wanted to play for the championship more than the money .

Dan B.
12-06-2009, 01:58 PM
Then you are nuts. Texas got the call due to bias and the entire world knows it. Moreover, I don't hate UT, I call it like I see it. However, you guys are the most obnoxious fans in the world (we all know it), seeing how you think I must have a preconceived hatred against UT to feel that way. There is an arrogance there that shines through.

If I'm nuts because I don't believe the refs are bought out by the BCS every time they make the correct call, than call me crazy. The way I see it, Texas had a second left on the clock. If Nebraska had done the same thing they would have had a second left on the clock. If the refs had ended the game they would have lost their jobs or at least been sanctioned, and rightly so -- they would have blown the call.

Texas got the call because it was the right call. Simple as that.

Showtime100
12-06-2009, 01:59 PM

Nobody wanted the Horns to win EXCEPT the Big 12 and the NCAA = Horns win.

Honoring Earl 34
12-06-2009, 02:00 PM
Nobody wanted the Horns to win EXCEPT the Big 12 and the NCAA = Horns win.

Nebraska shot their selves in the foot on that whole sequence .

Showtime100
12-06-2009, 02:02 PM
Nebraska shot their selves in the foot on that whole sequence .

So did Texas.

Dan B.
12-06-2009, 02:02 PM

Why didn't they want to do that when A&M beat K-State or UT beat Nebraska in 96? Didn't the same conference's refs rule that UT lost to Tech last year? Do you think the Big East paid their refs to insure that Cincy beat Pitt?

I'm going to need a little more evidence that there is a conspiracy among the officials, NCAA, and Big 12 to send UT on every week than them making the same call any unbiased official would make. Until then, I'm going to assume that the refs said Texas had a second left because Texas DID have a second left.

Honoring Earl 34
12-06-2009, 02:03 PM
So did Texas.

They got away with it .

Showtime100
12-06-2009, 02:04 PM
They got away with it .

....and HOW did that happen?? Come on. Texas has got some pockets lined.

Dan B.
12-06-2009, 02:05 PM
....and HOW did that happen?? Come on. Texas has got some pockets lined.

Apparently they bought em all this year, cuz those pockets didn't like UT so much last December.

They came into the season ranked third. They went undefeated and the team ahead of them lost. How on earth is it a conspiracy when they finish second?

Khari
12-06-2009, 02:07 PM
er...go alabama

MojoMan
12-06-2009, 02:07 PM

Well said. The refs made the correct call, and anyone who saw the game and who is not either blinded by UT hatred, or a die-hard Cornhusker's fan, will know that the call was correctly made.

Showtime100
12-06-2009, 02:09 PM
Apparently they bought em all this year, cuz those pockets didn't like UT so much last December.

Go on with it Horn fan, you are crazy if you think the Horn don't get treatment. BTW, what happened last December? I don't read or see local news due to the communism here.

Hookem Horns
12-06-2009, 02:12 PM
I don't see what the big deal is about the 1 second left. Was there or was there not 1 second left when that ball hit the ground?

You are either for Texas getting robbed in that situation or not. If they would have let that clock expiring stand then Texas would have been robbed of 1 second no matter how you spin it.

Then you would have to hear "arrogant" Texas whining (rightly so) about how they were robbed of a shot of that final FG for the next few months.

The real team getting robbed is TCU and every other undefeated Div 1 team. Until there is a legitimate playoff college football is a joke.

Showtime100
12-06-2009, 02:13 PM
Well said. The refs made the correct call, and anyone who saw the game and who is not either blinded by UT hatred, or a die-hard Cornhusker's fan, will know that the call was correctly made.

More arrogant BS. Nobody gets that call except UT. Sounds like hatred, just overwhelming evidence after 46 years.

Blake
12-06-2009, 02:17 PM

You are retarded. I guess the NCAA and Big 12 forced Nebraska to kick off out of bounds and perform a horse collar tackle. Take your head out of your ass and look past your hatred for burnt orange.

I have seen PLENTY of games go to review to see if there was time left on the clock. But yeah, they only break out that rule for UT.

You claim to not have a bias against UT, but everyone can see you do with your posts.

I cant wait to read your response. Im sure it will be full of ignorance and inaccuracies.

Showtime100
12-06-2009, 02:20 PM
You are retarded. I guess the NCAA and Big 12 forced Nebraska to kick off out of bounds and perform a horse collar tackle. Take your head out of your ass and look past your hatred for burnt orange.

I have seen PLENTY of games go to review to see if there was time left on the clock. But yeah, they only break out that rule for UT.

You claim to not have a bias against UT, but everyone can see you do with your posts.

I cant wait to read your response. Im sure it will be full of ignorance and inaccuracies.

I'm not retarted, and you should be able to express your self in an adult way.

128 = 125

Honoring Earl 34
12-06-2009, 02:24 PM
I'm not retarted, and you should be able to express your self in an adult way.

128 = 125

I met Showtime and do not consider him retarded . Slow , limited , maybe but not retarded . :choke:

Showtime100
12-06-2009, 02:26 PM
I met Showtime and do not consider him retarded . Slow , limited , maybe but not retarded . :choke:

I met him too, he's pretty bad. :)

bah007
12-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Showtime, you are a good poster here. But it is literally impossible for you to have a coherent though about the University of Texas. I don't know why you hate them so much but it is obvious in every single post you have ever made on the subject.

You're wrong and you know it. There was one second left. You know it. Everyone knows it. Hell, even Nebraska fans admit it. You just hate Texas so much that you refuse to believe that they somehow won when they deserved to lose.

I'm not going any further on this. Respond or don't respond, I don't give a shit.

Showtime100
12-06-2009, 02:52 PM
Showtime, you are a good poster here. But it is literally impossible for you to have a coherent though about the University of Texas. I don't know why you hate them so much but it is obvious in every single post you have ever made on the subject.

You're wrong and you know it. There was one second left. You know it. Everyone knows it. Hell, even Nebraska fans admit it. You just hate Texas so much that you refuse to believe that they somehow won when they deserved to lose.

I'm not going any further on this. Respond or don't respond, I don't give a shit.

Actually I haven't said a thing wrong or intentionally bad about Texas this year. Get your posters right. I'm right and I know it, simple as that. My feelings about Texas have nothing to do with what I think about the game last night. Get over it.

HTown2ATX
12-06-2009, 03:05 PM
One thing I will say is this: NOBODY gave Texas a chance when they played USC. Remember what happened?

Well, unfortunately, Texas does not have king donko of punchstania a.k.a. the suausage king at QB.

I like Colt....but he's not in the Hall Of Fame yet like In-VINCE-ible is.

Didn't you hear canton just unveiled his bust in the hall?

Honoring Earl 34
12-06-2009, 03:16 PM
Well, unfortunately, Texas does not have king donko of punchstania a.k.a. the suausage king at QB.

Texas

POS ## OFFENSE
SE 4 Sweed, Limas
LT 73 Scott, Jonathan
LG 64 Studdard, Kasey
C 62 Sendlein, Lyle
RG 72 Allen, Will
RT 63 Blalock, Justin
TE 16 Thomas, David
QB 10 Young, Vince
WR 5A Pittman, Billy
TB 22 Young, Selvin
FL 6 Cosby, Quan

POS ## DEFENSE
DE 80 Crowder, Tim
DT 97 Okam, Frank
DT 90 Wright, Rodriqu
DE 39 Robison, Brian
SLB 40 Killebrew, Robe
MLB 2A Harris, Aaron
WLB 44 Bobino, Rashad
RCB 8 Griffin, Cedric
FS 27 Griffin, Michae
SS 7 Huff, Michael
LCB 5 Brown, Tarell

As great as VY is the bolded players made it to the pros .

Honoring Earl 34
12-06-2009, 03:18 PM
Ooops !

bah007
12-06-2009, 03:31 PM

The 05 offense was way way better than the 09 offense, but the 09 defense is slightly better than the 05 defense. Lucky for us, 09 Alabama doesn't look quite as good as 05 USC.

I'll admit that tons of things are different. But don't count Texas out before the game has even started. They aren't just gonna lay down because they are the underdog.

Imatexanfan
12-06-2009, 03:40 PM
Colt McCoy is the new Vince Young. He just wins games. Period.

:)

I like Colt and everything he's a good kid but he's no VY by a long shot, he is better. Not his mobility but his way he thinks and his throws also. The only thing they have in common would be leadership. That's just what comes together when you are coached under Mack Brown. :tiphat:

LonerATO
12-06-2009, 03:43 PM
There was been some talk that TCU is getting a bunch of second place votes.

WolverineFan
12-06-2009, 03:43 PM
Actually I haven't said a thing wrong or intentionally bad about Texas this year. Get your posters right. I'm right and I know it, simple as that. My feelings about Texas have nothing to do with what I think about the game last night. Get over it.

Then perhaps you should get your eyes checked friend because there's literally millions of people that saw 1 second left on the clock. It was, in fact, obvious that there was 1 second left after the play. The ball landed out of bounds and there was still 1 second left. The play was even replayed a dozen times in slow motion and you could plainly see it. It took the referees all of 30 seconds to watch the replay and see the same thing. Why can't you? You can spin it however you want, but you can't change the fact that you are just plain wrong.

bah007
12-06-2009, 04:08 PM
I like Colt and everything he's a good kid but he's no VY by a long shot, he is better. Not his mobility but his way he thinks and his throws also. The only thing they have in common would be leadership. That's just what comes together when you are coached under Mack Brown. :tiphat:

I love Colt but there is no way in hell he is as good a college player as Vince Young.

I know it's impossible to bring up VY's success on this board, but purely as a college football player, he is among the greatest of all time. McCoy is great, but I wouldn't put him in that group.

treduke
12-06-2009, 04:22 PM
any one watch espn last night? they were really pushing hard for tcu or cincy to jump the horns! but me thinks the horns are in the words of ll cool j "going back to cali"

Showtime100
12-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Then perhaps you should get your eyes checked friend because there's literally millions of people that saw 1 second left on the clock. It was, in fact, obvious that there was 1 second left after the play. The ball landed out of bounds and there was still 1 second left. The play was even replayed a dozen times in slow motion and you could plainly see it. It took the referees all of 30 seconds to watch the replay and see the same thing. Why can't you? You can spin it however you want, but you can't change the fact that you are just plain wrong.

Hey "friend." I never said there should not be one second left. Fact is I think there was like you and everyone. You missed the point "friend." The point was, for all of you in College Sta.....nevermind.

Dan B.
12-06-2009, 07:02 PM
Hey "friend." I never said there should not be one second left. Fact is I think there was like you and everyone. You missed the point "friend." The point was, for all of you in College Sta.....nevermind.

But that's what is so odd about your argument. You are using the fact that the referees indisputably made the right call as evidence that they are biased.

Texas was the odd team out last year. That is what I was referring to wrt last December. Texas had the same record as the team that played in the NC Game, and they beat them head to head. If they really did own the Big 12/NCAA referees, why wasn't Texas picked last year?

Showtime100
12-06-2009, 07:11 PM
But that's what is so odd about your argument. You are using the fact that the referees indisputably made the right call as evidence that they are biased.

Texas was the odd team out last year. That is what I was referring to wrt last December. Texas had the same record as the team that played in the NC Game, and they beat them head to head. If they really did own the Big 12/NCAA referees, why wasn't Texas picked last year?

I'm saying it wouldn't happen to another team. Could you see Baylor getting that reversal?? I don't know. I'm pissed that officiating has polluted every sport I love. Maybe I should shut up about it and go have some chocolate love in the form of Blue Bell, the best ice cream in the country. :)

Dan B.
12-06-2009, 07:12 PM
I'm saying it wouldn't happen to another team. Could you see Baylor getting that reversal?? I don't know. I'm pissed that officiating has polluted every sport I love. Maybe I should shut up about it and go have some chocolate love in the form of Blue Bell, the best ice cream in the country. :)

Yes I could. If Baylor didn't, they'd raise holy hell and be completely right.

I just don't think the refs calling a fair and unbiased game is evidence of favoritism.

Showtime100
12-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Yes I could. If Baylor didn't, they'd raise holy hell and be completely right.

I just don't think the refs calling a fair and unbiased game is evidence of favoritism.

A Texas fan calling it a fair and unbiased game is not your best defense.

Dan B.
12-06-2009, 07:14 PM
A Texas fan calling it a fair and unbiased game is not your best defense.

My defense for the claim is that the game was fairly called. Do you dispute that?

Showtime100
12-06-2009, 07:17 PM
My defense for the claim is that the game was fairly called. Do you dispute that?

Faily called, unfairly ruled. I can't believe you don't see my simple point. The record shows I tried to put an end to this conversation. I tend to do that when we both have made our points.

Wolf
12-06-2009, 07:19 PM
I can't speak for Showtime, but I am thinking what he is saying the call was right ...however he feels that if the tables were turned and Nebraska threw it out of bounds on that play instead of UT , they wouldn't have reviewed it and the game would have ended

Dan B.
12-06-2009, 07:21 PM
I can't speak for Showtime, but I am thinking what he is saying the call was right ...however he feels that if the tables were turned and Nebraska threw it out of bounds on that play instead of UT , they wouldn't have reviewed it and the game would have ended

I get his argument. But where's the evidence? Did Texas get a multitude of egregious calls that I missed or something?

Showtime100
12-06-2009, 07:40 PM
I get his argument. But where's the evidence? Did Texas get a multitude of egregious calls that I missed or something?

You have to go back to last year for a percieved shaft against the Horns? As a Texan fan I can go back to....what time is it? As a Cougar fan, what day is it? I can even see the next one coming. Last year? Please. Must be nice.

Listen, if you don't think Texas comes out smelling like a rose due to calls year-in and year-out that's fine, have you little denial-fest, but I personally see it different.

*cough* John Bible *cough*

*cough* Ann Richards *cough*

You know it's true too.

Dan B.
12-06-2009, 07:44 PM
You have to go back to last year for a percieved shaft against the Horns? As a Texan fan I can go back to....what time is it? As a cougar fan, what day is it? I can even see the next one coming. Last year? Please. Must be nice.

Listen, if you don't think Texas comes out smelling like a rose due to calls year-in and year-out that's fine, have you little denial-fest, but I personally see it different.

*cough* John Bible *cough*

*cough* Ann Richards *cough*

You know it's true too.

Oh Dear God. So because they didn't get screwed recently enough for your taste, the NCAA plays favorites for UT all the time? They have one championship in 30+ years. If they are buying titles that's a pretty piss poor ROI.

Houston didn't lose due to the refs. They lost because ECU beat their asses. The Texans aren't losing because the refs hate them. They are losing because they don't have the same level of players and coaches as their opponents.

Showtime100
12-06-2009, 07:48 PM
Oh Dear God. So because they didn't get screwed recently enough for your taste, the NCAA plays favorites for UT all the time?

Houston didn't lose due to the refs. They lost because ECU beat their asses. The Texans aren't losing because the refs hate them. They are losing because they don't have the same level of players and coaches as their opponents.

Did I mention ECU? I was stating metaphorically. Come on Dan, keep up, that's twice now.

The deference states nothing for your cause. Again, Texas gets the calls and you know it. More than freaking Notre Dame, and you know it. I'm done with this, I hate having to explain this shit twice for you. Later.

Showtime100
12-06-2009, 07:50 PM
Double post, sorry.

Dan B.
12-06-2009, 07:58 PM
Did I mention ECU? I was stating metaphorically. Come on Dan, keep up, that's twice now.

The deference states nothing for your cause. Again, Texas gets the calls and you know it. More than freaking Notre Dame, and you know it. I'm done with this, I hate having to explain this shit twice for you. Later.

You could at least explain which calls they get. The only one you have cited so far was a call that even you admit was the right one.

Forgive me if I attribute Texas winning to the fact that they have players six inches taller that run faster than the other guys. Clearly it is my Horns bias that won't allow me to admit that it is actually a giant conspiracy among every referee, conference, and bowl game in college sports. One question though: When they were losing and didn't have players like that, where were the refs giving them the love?

Look, I am not a delusional UT fan. When they lost out last year, I said that they deserved it because they couldn't beat the teams in front of them. I took heat from my UT buddies for it, but when only two teams go, someone is going to get screwed. This year it's someone else's turn. Next year it may very well be UT's again, despite the fact that the referees apparently hand them every game.

Again, they have won exactly one title since the early '70's. Please show me where they are being handed everything on a silver platter.

silvrhand
12-06-2009, 08:43 PM
Texas hasn't seen a decent running game all year, you are going to go up against one of the best SEC running games. Then when you crotch 8/9 up to the line to stop them the playaction is going to hit you hard.

Colt hasn't played a good game all year against a "good" defense, the big 12 defenses have been a joke this year other than Nebraska and possibly OU. Which Texas squeeks out.

I think Texas has it's work cut out for them.

MojoMan
12-06-2009, 09:04 PM
The opening line is Alabama by 3.5 points:

http://sportsdirect.usatoday.com/odds/usatoday/odds.aspx

Dan B.
12-06-2009, 09:08 PM
The opening line is Alabama by 3.5 points:

http://sportsdirect.usatoday.com/odds/usatoday/odds.aspx

Sounds about right. I think UT is going to have to have everything go right in order to win. I wasn't nearly as worried about Alabama a month ago as I am today. They are a very tough opponent.

bah007
12-06-2009, 09:42 PM
Texas hasn't seen a decent running game all year, you are going to go up against one of the best SEC running games. Then when you crotch 8/9 up to the line to stop them the playaction is going to hit you hard.

Colt hasn't played a good game all year against a "good" defense, the big 12 defenses have been a joke this year other than Nebraska and possibly OU. Which Texas squeeks out.

I think Texas has it's work cut out for them.

So does Alabama. It's not gonna be a cakewalk and Texas certainly isn't just gonna lay down.

Showtime100
12-06-2009, 10:03 PM
You could at least explain which calls they get. The only one you have cited so far was a call that even you admit was the right one.

Forgive me if I attribute Texas winning to the fact that they have players six inches taller that run faster than the other guys. Clearly it is my Horns bias that won't allow me to admit that it is actually a giant conspiracy among every referee, conference, and bowl game in college sports. One question though: When they were losing and didn't have players like that, where were the refs giving them the love?

Look, I am not a delusional UT fan. When they lost out last year, I said that they deserved it because they couldn't beat the teams in front of them. I took heat from my UT buddies for it, but when only two teams go, someone is going to get screwed. This year it's someone else's turn. Next year it may very well be UT's again, despite the fact that the referees apparently hand them every game.

Again, they have won exactly one title since the early '70's. Please show me where they are being handed everything on a silver platter.

You ARE a delusional Longhorn fan, and again I already did.......and you know it. I tried to get out of this dumbass exchange with you.....and you know it..........but you could not STFU. Longhorns are like that, that's why most of us IN THE COUNTRY think you guys are the most obnoxious fans on the face of the planet, or are you ignorant to that one as well.

axman40
12-06-2009, 10:24 PM
ROLL HORNS!
HOOK EM TIDE!
College Exhibition Season is upon us!
We will need more BEER!
:kitten:

Showtime100
12-06-2009, 10:28 PM
ROLL HORNS!
HOOK EM TIDE!
College Exhibition Season is upon us!
We will need more BEER!
:kitten:

That what Dan said. :D

Dan B.
12-06-2009, 10:30 PM
You ARE a delusional Longhorn fan, and again I already did.......and you know it. I tried to get out of this dumbass exchange with you.....and you know it..........but you could not STFU. Longhorns are like that, that's why most of us IN THE COUNTRY think you guys are the most obnoxious fans on the face of the planet, or are you ignorant to that one as well.

Unlike you, who is perfectly willing to let an issue go.

Now get the last post. Make sure you mention how big you are and how you're never responding again.

Might want to post the play you are referring to in your last post though. 'Til you do all you've got is lame mud flinging calling me obnoxious since you have no actual evidence of a longstanding conspiracy to thrust the Longhorns into National Championships. Particularly when this is just the second one they've been to in my lifetime.

Dan B.
12-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Nah, I'm done.

Now get the last post. Make sure you mention how big you are and how you're never responding again.

Check

Moron.

Might want to post the play you are referring to in your last post though. 'Til you do all you've got is lame mud flinging calling me obnoxious since you have no actual evidence of a longstanding conspiracy to thrust the Longhorns into National Championships. Particularly when this is just the second one they've been to in my lifetime.

Check

Wow, how could I have possibly predicted what your next post would say?

Maybe it's because that's all you've said the last few post. It's all you've got.

Showtime100
12-06-2009, 10:52 PM

Well, again I explain, I tried to get out of this dumbass exchange but you are a Longhorn you can't understand the first time around. Moron. http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Emoticons%20II/113257294-Ti.gif

Dan B.
12-06-2009, 10:54 PM
Well, again I explain, I tried to get out of this dumbass exchange but you are a Longhorn you can't understand the first time around. Moron. http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Emoticons%20II/113257294-Ti.gif

And I'm saying that the referees making the correct call does happen to Baylor. And other teams. All the time.

Guess that makes me a moron.

If you want out of this, stop posting. I'm just reading threads while I watch the news dude. I'm not pointing a gun at your head and making you call me an obnoxious moron for a page straight. You're doing that all on your own.

Showtime100
12-06-2009, 10:55 PM
***** Longhorn asshole. Typical. You know it too, Dan.

Dan B.
12-06-2009, 10:58 PM
At least you've graduated from obnoxious moron. Now I'm a ****ing asshole too, and I know it.

Seriously, your entire argument is "if it happened to someone else, the refs would blow the call" (accompanied by a litany of baseless insults and words that the system asterisks out). That makes no sense. Why not criticize them when they actually DID blow a call? Got any examples of when they did so to hand Texas a game?

And your actions towards anyone who roots for the wrong team say a lot more about your own fandom than it does about mine. You aren't calling me out. You are calling yourself out.

Additionally, you act like it's some universally accepted truth that UT never wins without help. Like I'm willfully delusional because I can't see what everyone else does.

So where is everyone else? If it's so typical and obvious, how come you are the only one trumpeting this grand conspiracy?

Showtime100
12-06-2009, 11:08 PM
At least you've graduated from obnoxious moron. Now I'm a ****ing asshole too, and I know it.

Seriously, your entire argument is "if it happened to someone else, the refs would blow the call" (accompanied by a litany of baseless insults and words that the system asterisks out). That makes no sense. Why not criticize them when they actually DID blow a call? Got any examples of when they did so to hand Texas a game?

And you actions towards anyone who roots for the wrong team say a lot more about your own fandom than it does about mine. You aren't calling me out. You are calling yourself out.

I hate people who don't read the words. JEEEEZZZZUUUS. Have a good one dan. Talk at you later. Nice to meet you. Somebody else (Wolf) even put it in a nutshell for you. COME ON MAN!!

I'm through with you. Not due to your Longhorn blindness, but due to your inability to understand and acknowledge what I said. If you want to argue, fine, just don't dismiss the other guy, because based on what I've seen, he could teach you how the world works. You a lawyer? Must be, you are full of it.

Dan B.
12-06-2009, 11:13 PM
I hate people who don't read the words. JEEEEZZZZUUUS. Have a good one dan. Talk at you later. Nice to meet you. Somebody else (Wolf) even put it in a nutshell for you. COME ON MAN!!

I'm through with you. Not due to your Longhorn blindness, but due to your inability to understand and acknowledge what I said. If you want to argue, fine, just don't dismiss the other guy, because based on what I've seen, he could teach you how the world works. You a lawyer? Must be, you are full of it.

What can I say, when the first words are "Typical asshole Longhorn fan. Can't admit that every team they beat was the victim of a gigantic conspiracy," I have trouble finishing the rest.

BTW do you have any examples of referees blowing a call to hand Texas a game?

I'm not talking about games where referees made the right call but hypothetically wouldn't have done so for Baylor. I'm saying, when did they do so against Baylor?

When did the referees make the wrong call and hand UT the game? In what UT victory this year did the refs give them the win?

And no, I'm not a lawyer. I'm just logical.

TexansLucky13
12-06-2009, 11:59 PM
Texas doesn't stand a chance.

bah007
12-07-2009, 12:01 AM
Texas doesn't stand a chance.

That's funny.

TexansLucky13
12-07-2009, 12:03 AM
That's funny.

Of all people I wouldn't expect you to find it amusing that Bama is immensely superior to Texas.

bah007
12-07-2009, 12:08 AM
Of all people I wouldn't expect you to find it amusing that Bama is immensely superior to Texas.

I just find it funny that some people share this opinion and are sprouting it like fact.

Alabama had just as much trouble with Auburn as Texas did with Nebraska. They aren't invincible just because their last game was their best.

Are they better than us? Probably. So much that we shouldn't bother showing up? Not even close.

TexansLucky13
12-07-2009, 12:12 AM
I just find it funny that some people share this opinion and are sprouting it like fact.

Alabama had just as much trouble with Auburn as Texas did with Nebraska. They aren't invincible just because their last game was their best.

First off, Florida was a much more formidable opponent than Nebraska, and Bama crushed the Gators. So much for that.

As far Auburn goes... Texas almost got beaten by their in-state rival as well (unless you forgot JJ shredding the Texas defense).

bah007
12-07-2009, 12:18 AM
First off, Florida was a much more formidable opponent than Nebraska, and Bama crushed the Gators. So much for that.

As far Auburn goes... Texas almost got beaten by their in-state rival as well (unless you forgot JJ shredding the Texas defense).

Oh I remember. I just think it's funny that Alabama is considered an overwhelming favorite just because their last game was their best.

Either I'm an irrational optimist or I'm the only one who is taking the whole season into account when looking at these teams.

Don't get me wrong, what Alabama did was impressive as hell. But just because they did it once doesn't mean they will do it every time. And Texas' defense is just as good as Florida's, though nobody seems to want to admit it.

Hookem Horns
12-07-2009, 12:19 AM
Alabama had a great game vs Florida however they had not looked invincible before that. They struggled in a few games this season. Tennessee comes to mind.

Actually I kind of like being a fan of the team that "doesn't stand a chance". It played out well for me as a fan of the Giants in the Super Bowl before last. Since Texas doesn't stand a chance they can just show up and have fun since there is no pressure on them. Good times.

bah007
12-07-2009, 12:20 AM
Alabama had a great game vs Florida however they had not looked invincible before that. They struggled in a few games this season.

Actually I kind of like being a fan of the team that "doesn't stand a chance". It played out well for me as a fan of the Giants in the Super Bowl before last. Since Texas doesn't stand a chance they can just show up and have fun since they shouldn't be there anyway.

It worked last time they were playing for the national title.

Hookem Horns
12-07-2009, 12:24 AM
It worked last time they were playing for the national title.

True, but we had Vince then. We REALLY don't stand a chance this time around. ;)

bah007
12-07-2009, 12:25 AM
True, but we had Vince then. We REALLY don't stand a chance this time around. ;)

Also true.

Dan B.
12-07-2009, 12:34 AM
Alabama had a great game vs Florida however they had not looked invincible before that. They struggled in a few games this season.

Actually I kind of like being a fan of the team that "doesn't stand a chance". It played out well for me as a fan of the Giants in the Super Bowl before last. Since Texas doesn't stand a chance they can just show up and have fun since they shouldn't be there anyway.

You don't often see the words "Longhorn" and "underdog" side by side. I'm used to rooting for a miracle since I'm a Houstonian, but this one's a little different for me. Usually I'm just praying that Greg Davis doesn't pucker up and blow it.

I think that this defense is better than their Championship team's. The problem is clearly on offense. Specifically no running game compounded by a weak offensive line. Hopefully Alabama believes the crap and thinks they already played the NC Game.

Showtime100
12-07-2009, 03:43 AM
I want to publicly apologize to Dan B. for calling him a moron, ....etc. I wasn't drunk or anything, but sometimes I say things in the heat of it all that I wish I hadn't. I respect Dan not just for his great posts tonight, but for all times and would start an entire thread on the subject if I didn't think it was too corny.

So, short and humble, sorry Dan. B., I respect your opinion and always look forward to reading your posts, you are a wise man. We disagree on this one but I should have handled it better. My bad, all due respect. :barman:

Imatexanfan
12-07-2009, 08:48 AM
I just want to say, to all the naysayers that think Bama is going to murder UT, I don't see that happening. Bama hasn't been to a BCSNC game since 1992. TX has in the last 5 yrs. When it comes to big games UT just has that next level up on any team, that is how they are coached and taught. I don't know what it is we just win. It is going to be a good game and I hope we get to watch it at Afghanistan.:doot:

kastofsna
12-07-2009, 08:52 AM
Bama hasn't been to a BCSNC game since 1992. TX has in the last 5 yrs.

how in the world is this even remotely logical?

see: texas/usc

Imatexanfan
12-07-2009, 08:56 AM
how in the world is this even remotely logical?

see: texas/usc

The game was in 2005 that was 4 years ago...:ahhaha:

kastofsna
12-07-2009, 08:57 AM
the point is that you think Texas has an edge because they've been in the championship game in the last decade, but that didn't matter at all for USC vs Texas. or Miami vs Ohio State. or LSU vs Oklahoma. etc etc

Imatexanfan
12-07-2009, 09:00 AM
Yep that IS the point because it has been forever since Bama has gone, I just figured they forgot what it would feel like..:chili:

hollywood_texan
12-08-2009, 02:05 PM
I went to the last Texas championship game and this guy had this outside the Rose Bowl...

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i15/hollywood_texan/PDR_1708.jpg

Imatexanfan
12-08-2009, 05:18 PM
:beerfunnel:^^^Thats what I'm talking 'bout!!:hobie:

TigerWoods..Not
12-08-2009, 06:39 PM
Alabama 31
Texas 14

WesmanTexanfan
12-08-2009, 06:50 PM
My take as of now:

Bama has a better football team, a more standard QB and RB with a tough D, all this means IMO is that Bama looks like a team that can be more consistent through out a season, from game to game(which they were)

Texas, much like mack Brown run on emotion, They have the skill to beat anyone on any given saturday.

With things like Colt just having faced the most pressure he has seen all year, it being IN the vince bowl I mean rose bowl, and Alabama having already wraped up maybe some of its players/coaches biggest goals in beating Florida this year, I am picking Texas, close.....

Bama wins it anywhere else....

Blake
12-09-2009, 08:16 AM
Personally I love Texas being the underdog.

Does Bama look better on paper? Sure they do. Good enough to count out Texas? Not even close.

Silver Oak
12-09-2009, 08:28 AM
I went to the last Texas championship game and this guy had this outside the Rose Bowl...

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i15/hollywood_texan/PDR_1708.jpg

what is that???

kastofsna
12-09-2009, 09:01 AM
With things like Colt just having faced the most pressure he has seen all year, it being IN the vince bowl I mean rose bowl, and Alabama having already wraped up maybe some of its players/coaches biggest goals in beating Florida this year, I am picking Texas, close.....

do ya really think Alabama is going to take the national championship lighter than Florida?

c'mon.

HOU-TEX
12-09-2009, 09:27 AM
IMO, Bama is the better team on both sides of the ball. But, who knows come gameday....in a month and a half

Texan_Bill
12-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Agree with HOU-TEX. I think Bama is the better team, but that's why they play the games.
*hard to swallow* but go Horns. *feels sick to stomach*

WesmanTexanfan
12-09-2009, 10:01 AM
do ya really think Alabama is going to take the national championship lighter than Florida?

c'mon.

thats not what im saying, Im saying its tough for an entire team to focus after youve completed a goal, a big goal you set a year ago, im not saying they take Texas lighter, Im saying some of those players are perfectly content with beating Florida, I garauntee it.... Its Sabens job to make sure thats not the case, but....

and Texas should go look up Mark 1:1, cuz that game against Nebraska will help....

HOU-TEX
12-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Agree with HOU-TEX. I think Bama is the better team, but that's why they play the games.
*hard to swallow* but go Horns. *feels sick to stomach*

I actually like both teams. I think Saban's a dumpster, but have enjoyed watching Bama for several seasons now. Actually, I like watching several SEC teams due to the history of very good defensive play.

I watched D-Ryans and his defense a lot at Bama. It's also nice to see Ellerbe getting some PT with the Ravens.

Hookem Horns
12-09-2009, 10:44 AM
what is that???

I assume you don't get to Austin too often. ;)

Silver Oak
12-09-2009, 11:40 AM

when I go in that direction, it's to the surrounding hill country cities, and not Austin.

Goldensilence
12-09-2009, 11:59 AM
Just throwing this out there.

Will Muschamp was the defensive coordinator for Saban at LSU when he won the national title and with him in Miami. Faced Nick Saban's team when he was D coordinator in Auburn and won the game.

Still think this is going to be a much better game then people are predicting an Alabama stomp.

kastofsna
12-09-2009, 12:54 PM
Just throwing this out there.

Will Muschamp was the defensive coordinator for Saban at LSU when he won the national title and with him in Miami. Faced Nick Saban's team when he was D coordinator in Auburn and won the game.

Still think this is going to be a much better game then people are predicting an Alabama stomp.

it may be a "close" game like last year's championship, but i don't think it'll be a good game by any stretch. McCoy won't be able to do much

ESAD2-14
12-10-2009, 10:35 AM
If I remember correctly wasn't UT an underdog in the 2005 National Championship Game against "The Team of The Century" or whatever they were calling USC at that time? Granted that was then and this is now, but a lot of people were so sure that USC was going to win that game. The predictions for the two NC (05'/09') games kind of parallel each other.

kastofsna
12-10-2009, 11:44 AM
If I remember correctly wasn't UT an underdog in the 2005 National Championship Game against "The Team of The Century" or whatever they were calling USC at that time? Granted that was then and this is now, but a lot of people were so sure that USC was going to win that game. The predictions for the two NC (05'/09') games kind of parallel each other.

they were an underdog but the perception was that it wouldn't be surprising if Texas won.

this is a little different. USC was the favorite because they were coming off of "two" national championships, whereas Alabama is just much more talented than Texas

ESAD2-14
12-10-2009, 12:09 PM
they were an underdog but the perception was that it wouldn't be surprising if Texas won.

this is a little different. USC was the favorite because they were coming off of "two" national championships, whereas Alabama is just much more talented than Texas

Not disputing that fact, but it is the same thing that was said in 05' with USC, VY excluded (barely as Leinart had a Heisman, and was considered the best pro style QB in college at the time). USC was also playing in their back yard for that game. 'Bama should win this game if everything goes like it is supposed to on paper, but anything can happen as we all know. Talent on paper doesn't guarantee a win nor does what the talking heads say, as a Texans fan I know that all to well.

kastofsna
12-10-2009, 12:25 PM
talent on paper always wins, there's never been an exception to that ever in the history of the world

bah007
12-10-2009, 09:16 PM

That's not quite how I remember it. I remember USC being compared to the greatest teams of all time. Prior to the game, ESPN ranked them as the third best team in history or something silly like that. I don't see Alabama garnering that much respect.

Blake
12-11-2009, 08:20 AM
That's not quite how I remember it. I remember USC being compared to the greatest teams of all time. Prior to the game, ESPN ranked them as the third best team in history or something silly like that. I don't see Alabama garnering that much respect.

That is exactly right. It was Texas' Mack Brown crying his way in. And USC being listed as one of the greatest teams of all time.

Kaiser Toro
12-11-2009, 08:24 AM

He knows what it is, he is an Aggie. With their whole athletics existence based on UT, he is either playing coy or their "traditions" are brainwashingly hollow.

kastofsna
12-11-2009, 10:06 AM
That is exactly right. It was Texas' Mack Brown crying his way in. And USC being listed as one of the greatest teams of all time.

crying his way in?

it was the only time that both the #1 and #2 teams preseason ran the table.

Blake
12-11-2009, 10:10 AM
crying his way in?

it was the only time that both the #1 and #2 teams preseason ran the table.

I am not saying he cried his way in. I think I recall the media and some NCAA Football fans saying that. Almost like they didnt feel UT would be in the title game without Mack making a big fuss.

kastofsna
12-11-2009, 10:21 AM
but he didn't make a big fuss about anything, so no one said that.

Blake
12-11-2009, 10:53 AM
but he didn't make a big fuss about anything, so no one said that.

You are correct. I was thinking about the 2004 team who played Michigan in the Rose Bowl.

Mr. White
12-11-2009, 12:25 PM
You are correct. I was thinking about the 2004 team who played Michigan in the Rose Bowl.

Yeah Cal said he was whining that year about getting into the BCS.

Then they lost to Texas Tech in the Holiday Bowl and proved they didn't belong in the BCS anyway.

kastofsna
12-11-2009, 02:17 PM
whether they belonged or not isn't the point. the writers were convinced by Mack Brown's whining emails and changed their votes due to that, and not what happened on the field, which is why bowl games are terrible.

Imatexanfan
12-25-2009, 11:17 PM
Ya'll are full of BS the fact of the matter is that TX will prevail, they are just a level up on their competitors when it comes to big games...:fans: