PDA

View Full Version : Jacoby Jones not playing tomorow?

redwhiteANDblue
12-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Is he not playing tomorow? I heard on Houston Texans extra point that Jacoby missed the plane to Jacksonville so he won't play.

sometexansfan
12-05-2009, 06:49 PM
Just heard on ABC from Bob Allen, Jacoby missed the flight and won't play tomorrow.

treduke
12-05-2009, 07:02 PM
why could'nt dunta miss the flight

Imatexanfan
12-05-2009, 07:07 PM
BS! How come we don't travel as a team anyways?! WTF kinda shit is that?! Man if I could miss the flight for deployments and not go..:wild:

The shit they getta way with...

Maddict5
12-05-2009, 07:16 PM
nice one JJ :rolleyes:

DiehardChris
12-05-2009, 07:19 PM
According to the Chron, he actually was late to a meeting today and was told not to bother even trying to get on the plane.

Either way - dumbass.

DiehardChris
12-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Double post.

(But let me reiterate - dumbass.)

houstonhurricane
12-05-2009, 07:25 PM
According to the Chron, he actually was late to a meeting today and was told not to bother even trying to get on the plane.

Either way - dumbass.

This kid simply cannot get his act together after getting opportunity to earn a valued role on the team.

Mr. White
12-05-2009, 07:28 PM
Kudos to Kubes for actually holding at least one guy accountable.

nunusguy
12-05-2009, 07:29 PM
I dunno, is he trying to get cut or is he really that dense ?
So we don't have JJ, don't have Slaton, and haven't had OD for some time.
That high-powered offense is really get whittled down to Chris Brown & 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

redwhiteANDblue
12-05-2009, 07:30 PM
He may be a dumbass but he's a playmaker on the field, I say Kubes should've let him play.

DiehardChris
12-05-2009, 07:33 PM
He may be a dumbass but he's a playmaker on the field, I say Kubes should've let him play.

...and I think Kubiak would have if JJ had a legit reason for being late. Kubes knows his job is on the line like anyone else.

Also, you have to take into account that he's had maturity issues his entire career, so it's not a first-time thing. If it had been another guy who has been otherwise well-behaved, he probably would've cut him more slack.

50boys
12-05-2009, 07:41 PM
I agree with sitting him for being late. If I'm late to work, I would get fired. but just for curiousity'd sake, I'd like to see if they would treat AJ the same if he did that... :stirpot:

m5kwatts
12-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Here's the source

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6755181.html

Glenn Martinez - Step your game up!

DiehardChris
12-05-2009, 07:56 PM
I agree with sitting him for being late. If I'm late to work, I would get fired. but just for curiousity'd sake, I'd like to see if they would treat AJ the same if he did that... :stirpot:

They wouldn't - because for AJ it would be a first time offense.

thunderkyss
12-05-2009, 08:04 PM

Either way - dumbass.

You mean a meeting he would probably fall asleep in anyway?

Really?

I think a fine would have been more apt.

Sometimes I just don't understand this coach.

DiehardChris
12-05-2009, 08:16 PM
A fine doesn't get through a thick head like his. Missing a game will.

Whatever. At least he has trade value now. If this had happened last year, they probably would cut him.

GP
12-05-2009, 08:27 PM
Kubiak is something else.

It's not like he was playing JJ anyways. Hey Kubiak: This is no big deal. I don't blame you for making him stay home, since you hardly play him anyway.

Makes the plane lighter, which saves Bob McNair $$$ by using less fuel.

This team is a douche. You play your best players and then you handle this business when you get home after the game. He acts like Jacoby Jones went and rented a party boat, complete with hookers, and then had teenage kids take a cruise with him and smoke crack.

Good coaches don't over-react like this just to make a point and put off some inflated act as if they're Lombardi, Jr. or something. They play the kid, then pull him into the office and have a little chat once they're back in Houston.

I get it already: Jacoby Jones is a "loser" by some of you guys' definition. Want to know the only difference between the loser that JJ is and the loser that Kubiak is? JJ still has an impact on the game, and Kubiak takes his team OUT of the game.

Ouch.

Hervoyel
12-05-2009, 09:24 PM
I think this is mistake and an overreaction on Kubiaks part but honestly that's just a knee jerk response to a story I know almost nothing about. I tend to agree with GP on the whole "what does it matter since you hardly play him anyway" angle but at the same time I question whether a head coach who is truly sitting on the hot seat should go to Jacksonville without a playmaker like JJ. I don't know if this is the wrong call or the right one but it feels wrong to me.

But I don't know. I'm talking out of my ass on this one. I'm firmly in the "The season ended when we lost to the Titans on MNF" camp. That whole Colts-Titans-Colts stretch of losses ended our season as far as I'm concerned. I don't really care if JJ goes or not because even a win is just another step toward that big lie of a .500 finish they always close with.

Buffi2
12-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Since JJ hasn't played much lately, I'm thinking maybe this isn't the first time something has happened with that kid and this was the last straw, so to speak.

This is just another example of a team in disarray and getting out of control. I think that the players aren't all on the same page here. The all for one and one for all concept has been lost somewhere with this team.

disaacks3
12-05-2009, 10:43 PM
Agree with what's already been said. You don't let JJ start, you sit him for a quarter, fine him, etc., but I don't want JJ NOT playing to be avaialable as an excuse for choking in Jacksonville. Hell, if we get ahead and stay there, fine you leave his butt on the bench ALL game, but you damn well ought to get him there and suit him up.

This news on top of the Slaton/Quin news just looks like last-minute excuse building for why the Texans can't finish better than 8-8....again.

barrett
12-05-2009, 10:59 PM
Kubiak is something else.

It's not like he was playing JJ anyways. Hey Kubiak: This is no big deal. I don't blame you for making him stay home, since you hardly play him anyway.

Makes the plane lighter, which saves Bob McNair $$$ by using less fuel.

This team is a douche. You play your best players and then you handle this business when you get home after the game. He acts like Jacoby Jones went and rented a party boat, complete with hookers, and then had teenage kids take a cruise with him and smoke crack.

Good coaches don't over-react like this just to make a point and put off some inflated act as if they're Lombardi, Jr. or something. They play the kid, then pull him into the office and have a little chat once they're back in Houston.

I get it already: Jacoby Jones is a "loser" by some of you guys' definition. Want to know the only difference between the loser that JJ is and the loser that Kubiak is? JJ still has an impact on the game, and Kubiak takes his team OUT of the game.

Ouch.

Terrible opinion. It's your opinion, so I won't be too critical of it because you have a right to your own opinion but you've got to know man that your opinion is wrong. You don't know the whole story. None of you do. Ridiculous.
I think this is mistake and an overreaction on Kubiaks part but honestly that's just a knee jerk response to a story I KNOW ALMOST NOTHING ABOUT. I tend to agree with GP on the whole "what does it matter since you hardly play him anyway" angle but at the same time I question whether a head coach who is truly sitting on the hot seat should go to Jacksonville without a playmaker like JJ. I don't know if this is the wrong call or the right one but it feels wrong to me.

But I don't know. I'm talking out of my ass on this one. I'm firmly in the "The season ended when we lost to the Titans on MNF" camp. That whole Colts-Titans-Colts stretch of losses ended our season as far as I'm concerned. I don't really care if JJ goes or not because even a win is just another step toward that big lie of a .500 finish they always close with.

Then maybe you should go ahead and hang it up until next year so I don't feel like I need to waste my time responding to posts like these two. If the season is over and you don't care if JJ goes then why in the hell are you commenting on it? Let's talk in April when you are ready to care again.

Is it not reasonable to expect consequences for ones actions? Is it not respectable to have a head coach that hold's his players accountable? Is that not someone you want leading your team? If not, there's another team in Texas you might want to get behind. Sounds like they're right up your alley. GP's too. You guys should get season tickets together.

Enjoy your NFC first round playoff loss.

Blazin' Toro
12-05-2009, 11:03 PM
It's time to shine for Glenn Martinez tomorrow, maybe Jacoby will be demoted to just kick/punt returns if Martinez does well.

Norg
12-05-2009, 11:05 PM
kinda dumb move late or not he was a playmaker

tho i dont know the hole story

o well if we lose this week Kubes should be told dont bother flying back to houston ..... LOL

Kimmy
12-05-2009, 11:18 PM
o well if we lose this week Kubes should be told dont bother flying back to houston ..... LOL

This made me laugh! :pop:

HTown2ATX
12-05-2009, 11:19 PM
:backsout:

The more this team seems to fall apart, the more this board splits into factions too.

I've been wondering why JJ has not been playing more, sounds like there is alot going on behind the scenes.

Still got faith for the season.....but it's RAZOR thin.

TexansLucky13
12-05-2009, 11:28 PM
The more this team seems to fall apart, the more this board splits into factions too.

You joined in August of this year so I can see that you haven't had the pleasure of witnessing this MB entirely melt down yet. Trust me, it only gets better from here. At first, I joined in the pit fighting. Since then I have decided on a better approach.... sit back and watch.

:popcorn:

TheRealJoker
12-05-2009, 11:30 PM
Desperation play by Kubiak imo...

He took JJ's tardiness as a lack of respect. If Houston can win without JJ maybe that'll get him back some respect from the team. But if we lose a game where a big play in the return or passing game could've made the difference...Kubiak has all but written his pink slip by sitting one of his few playmakers before a division road game.

steelbtexan
12-05-2009, 11:44 PM
Herv

The Texans took away my intensity when they lost to the to the Tacks with the crowd all fired up on MNF.

It struck me at that point that I took the losses harder than alot of peolpe in the Texans organization.

I will not let my emotions get involved with this regime again.

TexCanada
12-05-2009, 11:46 PM
Herv

The Texans took away my intensity when they lost to the to the Tacks with the crowd all fired up on MNF.

It struck me at that point that I took the losses harder than alot of peolpe in the Texans organization.

I will not let my emotions get involved with this regime again.

...until gameday of course

HTown2ATX
12-05-2009, 11:52 PM
You joined in August of this year so I can see that you haven't had the pleasure of witnessing this MB entirely melt down yet. Trust me, it only gets better from here. At first, I joined in the pit fighting. Since then I have decided on a better approach.... sit back and watch.
:popcorn:

LOL....nah...this is like my 3rd screen name on this board in the last few years. I lost the 1st two and cancelled those email addresses when I got divorced. I finally just made a new one in August.

My last screen name was H-Town Balla 90....I forget my original one.

Anyway.....yeah, I usually just sit back too. :popcorn:

steelbtexan
12-05-2009, 11:56 PM
...until gameday of course

You're right

LOL

Hervoyel
12-06-2009, 12:07 AM
Terrible opinion. It's your opinion, so I won't be too critical of it because you have a right to your own opinion but you've got to know man that your opinion is wrong. You don't know the whole story. None of you do. Ridiculous.

Then maybe you should go ahead and hang it up until next year so I don't feel like I need to waste my time responding to posts like these two. If the season is over and you don't care if JJ goes then why in the hell are you commenting on it? Let's talk in April when you are ready to care again.

Is it not reasonable to expect consequences for ones actions? Is it not respectable to have a head coach that hold's his players accountable? Is that not someone you want leading your team? If not, there's another team in Texas you might want to get behind. Sounds like they're right up your alley. GP's too. You guys should get season tickets together.

Alright "Francis" why don't you take it down a notch ok?

If you think it's such a waste of your time to respond to things I say then why don't you cart your little butt off to somewhere else and find something you find productive to do. If opinions you don't agree with bother you that much then maybe contact with other human beings isn't going to work well for you in the long run.

Ryan82
12-06-2009, 12:31 AM
Here's the source

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6755181.html

Glenn Martinez - Step your game up!

He impressed the brass with a blazing 4.29 40-yard dash

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_7536590

WOW

houstonspartan
12-06-2009, 02:05 AM
I've been pretty hard on Kubes lately, but I have to give him a rep for this move. Regardless of what was going on behind the scenes, Jacoby missed his flight. Unexcuseable. And, instead of having him jump on another flight, Kubes told him to stay his ass at home.

That sends a STRONG message, both to Jacoby and the rest of the team.

The fanbase wanted Jacoby gone last year, but Kubes has stuck by him. I think he really likes the guy, and sees a lot of potential.

I saw Jacoby on Channel 13's sunday night texans show a few weeks ago. It was the first time I'd really listed to him. The guy is not a great speaker at all, and struggles with getting his thoughts together. He was slouching in his chair, and looking really immature.

Jacoby has talent, but needs to grow up a bit.

Carr Bombed
12-06-2009, 02:24 AM
I saw Jacoby on Channel 13's sunday night texans show a few weeks ago. It was the first time I'd really listed to him. The guy is not a great speaker at all, and struggles with getting his thoughts together. He was slouching in his chair, and looking really immature.

Jacoby has talent, but needs to grow up a bit.

He's getting paid to play football, not to be a public speaker. I could care less about how well he talks, the guy is a good football player. I know that sounds awful, but it is what it is and other coaches wouldn't be sitting a player like Jacoby because he was late to a meeting.

houstonspartan
12-06-2009, 02:41 AM
He's getting paid to play football, not to be a public speaker. I could care less about how well he talks, the guy is a good football player. I know that sounds awful, but it is what it is and other coaches wouldn't be sitting a player like Jacoby because he was late to a meeting.

I'm not saying he's being paid to be a public speaker. I brought up his demeanor on television to point out that he seems somewhat shy, reserved and immature.

He's a good guy with a lot of talent. He just has some growing to do.

And, yes, other coaches would sit players for missing a meeting.

Carr Bombed
12-06-2009, 02:52 AM
I'm not saying he's being paid to be a public speaker. I brought up his demeanor on television to point out that he seems somewhat shy, reserved and immature.

He's a good guy with a lot of talent. He just has some growing to do.

And, yes, other coaches would sit players for missing a meeting.

Not when they are already down alot of offensive weapons....

This isn't college ball, we're not benching Jacoby while we go play Laffeyete St or something :rolleyes: We're going on the road to play a divisional opponent. Other coaches probably would've just handed out a fine.

I mean our broke ass corner can trot out on the field in his new "Pay me Rick" shoes and he gets a fine, but one of the players that actually helps us win games has to stay at home, because he was late to a meeting.

Whatever......it's his head on the block, not mine....he can do whatever the hell he wants.

Maddict5
12-06-2009, 05:22 AM
im guessing theres more to this than just being late for a meeting. antonio was late earlier in the year and kubiak just sat him for a bit. im just speculating but this is either a chronic tardiness problem or there was a reason he was late ie he has a party boy reputation. was he out on friday night and was late for the saturday meeting??

all i know is that kubiak has kept faith with the guy before when most people wanted him cut (including im sure the guys criticising kubiak right now for this decision :rolleyes:)

Thorn
12-06-2009, 07:29 AM
eh......so what if JJ is not playing? It's not like it matters anyway. JJ is a perfect example of what this team is...sometimes hot, sometimes cold, shows promise, never delivers on a consistent basis.

JJ is a true Texan.

dtran04
12-06-2009, 08:35 AM
On the other board, 55olinedad, said that Jacoby was late to SEVERAL meetings and that the team captains voted on the decision. Maybe that should clear it up.

CloakNNNdagger
12-06-2009, 08:49 AM
http://twitter.com/ChronicleTexans/status/6385237703

#Texans WR Jacoby Jones was late to a team meeeting Saturday and told not to accompany the team on the charter flight to Jacksonville.

http://www.houstondiehards.com/?p=6926

Dec 5th--Jacoby Jones late to meeting, not going to Jax
Filed in: Houston Texans & NFL

Posted by: Chris on December 5th at 8:16PM

I just caught Adam Wexlerís tweet about this (break a leg on Monday, Adam!), originally provided by the Chron.com Texansí twitter feed.

Apparently Jacoby Jones was late to a team meeting today, and the team just told him not to bother to even travel to Jacksonville. Nice job, Jacoby. He seems to have matured on the field, but clearly off the field - same olí Jacoby Jones. Obviously we donít know the circumstances, but if he had a good reason for being late, Iím pretty sure Gary Kubiak wouldnít be telling one of his most dangerous weapons to get lost for the weekend.

Already without key players on offense and defense, now the Texans are going into a very, very tough road game - with their playoff lives hanging by a thread - without their best special teams player, and best deep-receiving threat (yes, he has surpassed Andre Davis now - significantly.)

If the Texans win tomorrow, itís going to be hard-earned, thatís for sure.

Thorn
12-06-2009, 08:53 AM
I think there is more to this that is being reported. I don't think the players would intentionally vote this way without good reason.

TheRealJoker
12-06-2009, 09:26 AM
"Already without key players on offense and defense, now the Texans are going into a very, very tough road game - with their playoff lives hanging by a thread - without their best special teams player, and best deep-receiving threat (yes, he has surpassed Andre Davis now - significantly.)"

I thought AJ was an okay deep-receiving threat...

infantrycak
12-06-2009, 09:43 AM
"Already without key players on offense and defense, now the Texans are going into a very, very tough road game - with their playoff lives hanging by a thread - without their best special teams player, and best deep-receiving threat (yes, he has surpassed Andre Davis now - significantly.)"

I thought AJ was an okay deep-receiving threat...

That's just stupid if they call JJ the best deep receiving threat.

GP
12-06-2009, 09:48 AM

I just want to make sure we're all on the same page here:

1. Do we agree that this team has been bitten by injury bug? We lost Owen Daniels for the season, and I think that our season effectively ended right there. Now it appears we might not play with Steve Slaton today. Which leaves Moats and Brown at RB, and now the amazingly stunning and captivating Pro Bowler sensations Kevin Walter and David Anderson.

2. Jacoby Jones just somehow manages to make big plays when the ball is thrown his way. He gets behind his defender on a regular basis. He scores TDs. He returns punts and gets us pretty good field position most of the time. Heck, he's even SCORED touchdowns on punt returns.

3. Gary Kubiak leaves him in Houston because he missed one of the most important and vital functions on the planet: A meeting. Which I can understand why it's so important to be there: I mean, this is where our players are being "coached" on how to tackle the current week's opponent. And Gurry Kubiak is doing such a dang fine job of getting our guys in position to win. He's doing such a good job that he ends up apologizing at every Monday PC with the same "It's on me" excuse.

Those who gripe and complain about how they wish this team would (a) win, (b) get into the playoffs, (c) look competitive out there, and (d) start getting some respect, should probably look at the moves Kubiak has made (especially THIS one) and ask themselves if they really want to get better and have a chance to win or if we're desiring to give out 100% attendance awards at the year-end Texans players banquet.

If it's the latter, then I bet there will also be a variety of awards that also fit this team, such as:

1. Best "It's on me" press conference. I vote for last week's PC. Kubiak spends about 2 minutes and vanishes. The reporters even feel sorry for him, lobbing him easy questions.

2. Best "lost challenge" award. Going to be hard, wading through all of those red flags over the past four years.

3. Best "can't look at a critical play or field goal" sideline shot of Kubiak. Again, this one will be a toughy since there's so many.

I appreciate your scolding of me on this issue. And Herv, I am sure, is also glad that he has a 2nd momma now. But the fact is this: Nobody can say that Gary Kubiak has given this team its best chance at w-i-n-n-i-n-g when he doesn't even think through his decisions enough to calculate, properly, how to deal with these sorts if issues.

This was one of his worst decisions. Ever.

Play him, bring him home, and deal with it in Houston next week. Give him a big fine, hitting his wallet (which is where it hurst for most players). Because al he's doing now is messing up one of the best things we had going for us. Of course, he didn't play him anyway, so all he did was save his owner some jet fuel. I'm sure Bob was thrilled with the move. Keeps us more profitable.

nunusguy
12-06-2009, 09:49 AM
I think there is more to this that is being reported. I don't think the players would intentionally vote this way without good reason.
True. For all we know he could have shown up late AND higher than a kite.

GP
12-06-2009, 09:55 AM
Desperation play by Kubiak imo...

He took JJ's tardiness as a lack of respect. If Houston can win without JJ maybe that'll get him back some respect from the team. But if we lose a game where a big play in the return or passing game could've made the difference...Kubiak has all but written his pink slip by sitting one of his few playmakers before a division road game.

This is what I would have written if I were capable of producing short, to-the-point posts.

Good post, Joker.

Gurry Kubiak is a world beater. One day, this team is going to point to this decision as being "the turning point" where things really came together...[/sarcasm]

GP
12-06-2009, 09:58 AM
True. For all we know he could have shown up late AND higher than a kite.

What?!?

LOL. I chuckled when I read that.

I think Jacoby just doesn't buy into the coaching qualities of the Great Gurry Kubiak. I think he votes with his feet. Had we possessed a great coach, one who really knows how to gameplan and prepare his team, I bet Jacoby JOnes is at those meetings. However, he's not playing the game.

Is that "ultimately" right of JJ? Of course it's not.

But now we see why he gets so little playing time.

Apparently, Kubiak likes to see Walter and Anderson sitting right up front in those meetings (eager to learn the latest schemes and plans that Kubiak and his crack staff have developed to beat the Colts, Titans, etc.).

It's very important to be at Kubiak's meetings. They are very effective. LOL.

False Start
12-06-2009, 10:01 AM
It has nothing to do with him missing the meeting, Kubiak is a racist. :ok:

Seriously though, this just shows that Jacoby still needs to work on being a professional, and making better decisions.

I do however think this should have been handled differently, maybe set him down for a quarter or two. The Texans need all the help they can get right now.

barrett
12-06-2009, 11:20 AM
Alright "Francis" why don't you take it down a notch ok?

If you think it's such a waste of your time to respond to things I say then why don't you cart your little butt off to somewhere else and find something you find productive to do. If opinions you don't agree with bother you that much then maybe contact with other human beings isn't going to work well for you in the long run.

I admit it was difficult for me to respond and weather you've noticed it or not, I have curtailed my posting on this board drastically since the knee jerks have become the norm. It's not much fun to debate with people who say things like Bob McNair is cheap or doesn't want to win, because it's like trying to convince someone that the moon landing actually happened. If you believe that it was faked then there's not much I can say to you to convince you otherwise. Sometimes I feel compelled to comment. Sometimes, especially from some of the more veteran fans (such as yourself) I am shocked to hear that you haven't watched enough football to know that the season isn't "over" in week 10 when we fall to 5-4. You know better. If you think the season is over because we lost to the Tacks then you are wrong. And if the season is over to you at that point, why are you "carting your butt to this message board to share your insightful opinions about the state of the season? It's over right? So what are you doing today at noon?
I just want to make sure we're all on the same page here:

1. Do we agree that this team has been bitten by injury bug? We lost Owen Daniels for the season, and I think that our season effectively ended right there. Now it appears we might not play with Steve Slaton today. Which leaves Moats and Brown at RB, and now the amazingly stunning and captivating Pro Bowler sensations Kevin Walter and David Anderson.

2. Jacoby Jones just somehow manages to make big plays when the ball is thrown his way. He gets behind his defender on a regular basis. He scores TDs. He returns punts and gets us pretty good field position most of the time. Heck, he's even SCORED touchdowns on punt returns.

3. Gary Kubiak leaves him in Houston because he missed one of the most important and vital functions on the planet: A meeting. Which I can understand why it's so important to be there: I mean, this is where our players are being "coached" on how to tackle the current week's opponent. And Gurry Kubiak is doing such a dang fine job of getting our guys in position to win. He's doing such a good job that he ends up apologizing at every Monday PC with the same "It's on me" excuse.

Those who gripe and complain about how they wish this team would (a) win, (b) get into the playoffs, (c) look competitive out there, and (d) start getting some respect, should probably look at the moves Kubiak has made (especially THIS one) and ask themselves if they really want to get better and have a chance to win or if we're desiring to give out 100% attendance awards at the year-end Texans players banquet.

If it's the latter, then I bet there will also be a variety of awards that also fit this team, such as:

1. Best "It's on me" press conference. I vote for last week's PC. Kubiak spends about 2 minutes and vanishes. The reporters even feel sorry for him, lobbing him easy questions.

2. Best "lost challenge" award. Going to be hard, wading through all of those red flags over the past four years.

3. Best "can't look at a critical play or field goal" sideline shot of Kubiak. Again, this one will be a toughy since there's so many.

I appreciate your scolding of me on this issue. And Herv, I am sure, is also glad that he has a 2nd momma now. But the fact is this: Nobody can say that Gary Kubiak has given this team its best chance at w-i-n-n-i-n-g when he doesn't even think through his decisions enough to calculate, properly, how to deal with these sorts if issues.

This was one of his worst decisions. Ever.

Play him, bring him home, and deal with it in Houston next week. Give him a big fine, hitting his wallet (which is where it hurst for most players). Because al he's doing now is messing up one of the best things we had going for us. Of course, he didn't play him anyway, so all he did was save his owner some jet fuel. I'm sure Bob was thrilled with the move. Keeps us more profitable.

So now the season ended when our TE got hurt in the first quarter of a game that we won?

Are you excited about the big game today @ 3:15 against your rival Giants?

Maddict5
12-06-2009, 11:23 AM
What?!?

LOL. I chuckled when I read that.

I think Jacoby just doesn't buy into the coaching qualities of the Great Gurry Kubiak. I think he votes with his feet. Had we possessed a great coach, one who really knows how to gameplan and prepare his team, I bet Jacoby JOnes is at those meetings. However, he's not playing the game.

Is that "ultimately" right of JJ? Of course it's not.

But now we see why he gets so little playing time.

Apparently, Kubiak likes to see Walter and Anderson sitting right up front in those meetings (eager to learn the latest schemes and plans that Kubiak and his crack staff have developed to beat the Colts, Titans, etc.).

It's very important to be at Kubiak's meetings. They are very effective. LOL.

pure bs. not even worth the bother of a long reply. yeah you back JJ in this he seems like an intelligent guy... both of ye do:gun:

New_Texans
12-06-2009, 11:28 AM
if we drop JJ teams will be lining up to get him because he is such a playmaker.

jaayteetx
12-06-2009, 11:46 AM
if we drop JJ teams will be lining up to get him because he is such a playmaker.

Ya, I could see him landing in Nashville to play for the Tacks, who need help at WR and I'm sure he would love to stick it to the Texans twice a year.

Thorn
12-06-2009, 11:52 AM
Ya, I could see him landing in Nashville to play for the Tacks, who need help at WR and I'm sure he would love to stick it to the Texans twice a year.

I didn't see JJ on the list of 2010 free agents, so if he does play for another team, it'd be because we either traded him or out right dropped him. I don't think we'd just drop him when he has trade value.

TexansBlood
12-06-2009, 12:41 PM
Even if he was late or missed a team meeting im pretty sure he had a good excuse.. To tell him he can't play Sunday is skeptical. That's Kubiak for you, they probably have bad blood between them.

JB
12-06-2009, 01:31 PM
Even if he was late or missed a team meeting im pretty sure he had a good excuse.. To tell him he can't play Sunday is skeptical. That's Kubiak for you, they probably have bad blood between them.

^^^^

This is total BS. What could you possibly base this on?

Hervoyel
12-06-2009, 03:05 PM
I admit it was difficult for me to respond and weather you've noticed it or not, I have curtailed my posting on this board drastically since the knee jerks have become the norm. It's not much fun to debate with people who say things like Bob McNair is cheap or doesn't want to win, because it's like trying to convince someone that the moon landing actually happened. If you believe that it was faked then there's not much I can say to you to convince you otherwise. Sometimes I feel compelled to comment. Sometimes, especially from some of the more veteran fans (such as yourself) I am shocked to hear that you haven't watched enough football to know that the season isn't "over" in week 10 when we fall to 5-4. You know better. If you think the season is over because we lost to the Tacks then you are wrong. And if the season is over to you at that point, why are you "carting your butt to this message board to share your insightful opinions about the state of the season? It's over right? So what are you doing today at noon?

I've watched enough football, and particularly enough football out of this team to know that the season is over when they lose three in a row and fall to 5-6 (on their way to 5-7 today btw) and I'm a little surprised that you still got your ruby slippers on at this point. The season did end for all intents and purposes when they lost to the Titans on MNF and if you can't see that I'm sorry. You apparently feel that the Texans are trying to become "bowl eligible" or some such nonsense. They're trying to make the playoffs and that's not happening with anything less than a 10-6 record this year (and maybe not even then).

Ah, I see they've claimed their 7th loss now. Great. Perfect. Way to go Gary and the boys. The smartest coach in the world just called one of the single shittiest games I've ever seen. I admit I missed most of the first half while out Christmas shopping but sadly I own an iPhone and so was able to follow this train wreck that way.

I too question why I bother to continue to come here. I think it's because I like Vinny, Infantry, Double Barrel, Hook'em, and some of the other guys (in no particular order) and that's about it. It's certainly not for the insightful football talk.

Hey, we're still playing for 9-7 though. If we run the table (:spit:) we can still do it right! Go Texans!

Line of Texan fans waiting to be let into Reliant next week:

:clown::clown::clown::clown::clown:

Marcus
12-06-2009, 03:26 PM
I too question why I bother to continue to come here. I think it's because I like Vinny, Infantry, Double Barrel, Hook'em, and some of the other guys (in no particular order) and that's about it. It's certainly not for the insightful football talk.

I've just been lurking every once in awhile since before the Colts game. Never even bothered to watch the MNF game. Just have the Sunday games on in the background while I'm doing other stuff. I've always wished that I could care less and less about the team, and I'm glad it's finally taking hold.

Inciteful football talk? I think the last thing I'll do on the MB before I say sayonara is . . Oh hell, it ain't even worth it. You might find me in the NSZ, but that's about it.

DerekLee1
12-07-2009, 05:22 PM
You miss a meeting, you miss a game. Period. No one on the team should be above the team. These guys play a GAME for a living. Yeah, it's physical and hard and exhausting. But you play a GAME. You get 6 months off a year. You practice for 4-6 hours a day. Even the lowest-paid in the NFL make 10 times the average working man's salary.

I don't give a DAMN who you are. You make your scheduled appointments or you don't play.

Texan_Bill
12-07-2009, 05:59 PM
Ask Justin Miller what happened to him whenever he missed a Jets meeting....

He was cut.

Texan_Bill
12-07-2009, 06:03 PM

Well, there was also his DUI earlier this year, among other immature digressions.

TimeKiller
12-08-2009, 07:33 AM
Anyone ever thinking giving him enough to concentrate on the football field might give him less off-field crap to think about?

Dude can play but David Anderson makes more money. "My boy" David Anderson.

nunusguy
12-08-2009, 07:41 AM
I think that was for the benefit of McNair more than anything ?

GP
12-08-2009, 08:30 AM

So now the season ended when our TE got hurt in the first quarter of a game that we won?

Are you excited about the big game today @ 3:15 against your rival Giants?

LOL. Dude, you are on crack.

We haven't won a single game since OD was hurt. OK, we WON the Bills game. They were playing awful. We were well on our way to winning the game. After that, it was a downward spiral. End of story.

And as far as the the whole "...against your rival Giants" response, what is that all about. It took me awhile to decipher what you meant. I think you mean that I'm a Cowboys fan? LOL. I hate the Cowboys as much (no, I hate them MORE) than the Titans. The Titans are a nuisance, a gnat in my face. The Cowboys are a bloated corpse floating in my bath tub: Unavoidable and shoved in my face due to the TV market I live in. And stinky.

Nice try, junior.

Drew_Smoke
12-08-2009, 08:34 AM
There is a reason that #12 was shopped around before the season and a reason everyone passed on him.

#12 let us all down. Sure wish he would have a huge game so they could get a pick for him.

GP
12-08-2009, 08:53 AM
There is a reason that #12 was shopped around before the season and a reason everyone passed on him.

#12 let us all down. Sure wish he would have a huge game so they could get a pick for him.

A coach playing for his job would be smart to use as many playmakers as he can. Unless Jacoby was high on crack, with a minor, and tried to outrun authorities, his transgression was not so large that it called for missing the game.

If I were him, I would tell my agent that I want a trade.

He hasn't been used like he should be. He makes great plays hwen he gets the chance to do so. And this team needs that.

Is it wrong to skip a meeting? Yes. Should it be punished? Yes. But not how Kubiak dealt it out, which only shows that he's out of touch with leading men. Or does he lead "kids" as he likes to call them? A man will learn a lesson when it costs him money to learn the lesson. A huge fine would have been better for everyone.

Now? I bet all Jacoby can think is "I can't wait to get out of here and away from this Mickey Mouse Club House."

You hit players in the wallet, and THEN they will grow up a bit. It's the easiest way, the most non-confrontational way, AND it leaves both parties with their dignity in place. This isn't college. This is a business. So why not make him PAY for it, and you'd really get him to those meetings. Instead, you take a game away from him AND money (for not playing in the game, I would think) which only hardens his heart and his resolve to SCREW with Kubiak and not focus on football.

This just screams chickencrap move, which basically explains the Kubiak era.

TexansBlood
12-08-2009, 09:03 AM
^^^^

This is total BS. What could you possibly base this on?

Something is going on either Jacoby is being hard headed and screwing up or Kubiak doesnt care to much for him... Easy as that. On 610 radio yesterday they were talking about how the meeting was Saturday morning at 8am and how lots of roads were closed because they were frozen and to dangerous to drive through(was all over the news). That right there is a perfect excuse for him to be late! Jaboby Jones needs to be out in the field. He makes plays and is a threat plain and simple. Against the Colts 2 weeks ago he played a few plays during the game and not wide receiver till 2 mins left in the game when the game was out of reach, yes you can say he might of been injured but why out him in with 2 mins left to play? So he can get a season ending injury???

Texan_Bill
12-08-2009, 09:04 AM
A coach playing for his job would be smart to use as many playmakers as he can. Unless Jacoby was high on crack, with a minor, and tried to outrun authorities, his transgression was not so large that it called for missing the game.

If I were him, I would tell my agent that I want a trade.

He hasn't been used like he should be. He makes great plays hwen he gets the chance to do so. And this team needs that.

Is it wrong to skip a meeting? Yes. Should it be punished? Yes. But not how Kubiak dealt it out, which only shows that he's out of touch with leading men. Or does he lead "kids" as he likes to call them? A man will learn a lesson when it costs him money to learn the lesson. A huge fine would have been better for everyone.

Now? I bet all Jacoby can think is "I can't wait to get out of here and away from this Mickey Mouse Club House."

You hit players in the wallet, and THEN they will grow up a bit. It's the easiest way, the most non-confrontational way, AND it leaves both parties with their dignity in place. This isn't college. This is a business. So why not make him PAY for it, and you'd really get him to those meetings. Instead, you take a game away from him AND money (for not playing in the game, I would think) which only hardens his heart and his resolve to SCREW with Kubiak and not focus on football.

This just screams chickencrap move, which basically explains the Kubiak era.

Jacoby is the main member of the Mickey Mouse Club. His immature actions got him exactly what he deserves. If he wants to be traded, my only words are, "don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya!"

You ***** and moan about the coaching staff?? What the **** do you think a Cowhers or a Parcells would've done to a player that missed a meeting and has a history of immature actions on top of that?? Answer, see Justin Miller.

TexansBlood
12-08-2009, 09:07 AM
Jacoby is the main member of the Mickey Mouse Club. His immature actions got him exactly what he deserves. If he wants to be traded, my only words are, "don't let the door hit ya where the Good Lord split ya!"

You ***** and moan about the coaching staff?? What the **** do you think a Cowhers or a Parcells would've done to a player that missed a meeting and has a history of immature actions on top of that?? Answer, see Justin Miller.

Jacoby was late to a meeting not missed it...

GP
12-08-2009, 09:13 AM

I know you are a very black-and-white, cut and dry, person.

And I am like that to a very large extent.

But when it comes to dealing with people, there are two ways to do it.

1. The way Cowher or Parcells would run a ship, the BEST players are on the field. And if a great player wants to be on the field, he knows he has to walk a very straight line. The great player knows his coach is a great coach, and so he DESIRES to try his hardest for him. He knows what's expected.

2. The way Kubiak runs his ship, the best players are NOT on the field. Where is Andre Davis? Didn't he get a renewed contract and told that he was valuable to us? But I don't see him catching passes out there. Instead, i see blatant favoritism for two guys who kiss Kubiak's butt and have themselves rammed up it all the time. Walter and Anderson catch passes, but do they break the will of the defense? Do they stretch defenses? Do they make AJ's job easier by pulling defenses off him? Do they score on big passes? Do they return punts and score TDs on punt returns?

Kubiak has made this team ticky tack, Mickey Mouse. He's Mangini Lite.

I do NOT excuse what Jacoby Jones did, and it's rather pissing me off that nobody acknowledges that point I have made. It wouldn't hurt Kubiak to figure out a different way of getting Jacoby more on board. But he just sees a disrespectful person and he is going to BREAK JJ like you'd break a wild horse. There are multiple ways of getting people to arrive at the same destination.

All Kubiak has shown is an arrogance in EVERY facet of his coaching regime. It leaks into everything, and it's wearing thin when he doesn't produce a winning strategy and a gameday coaching effort that translates into wins.

This is Kubiak's ship, and he has sunk it.

Correction: This is Kubiak's ship. He has built it, sailed it, and almost single-handedly sunk it on his own.