PDA

View Full Version : YAY!!! It's the Simmon's Power Poll

Txn_in_FL
12-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Since we are all such big Bill Simmons fans here is the Texans' position and his comments from his latest Power Poll.

DEAD MEN WALKING

20. Houston
After the latest Texans collapse (against Indy on Sunday), Manhattan reader Jon Hoey e-mailed me, "How many points ahead and how little time left would you have been concerned that the Colts wouldn't have beaten the Texans?" My honest answer: 17 points ahead, 3:45 remaining.

Which raises the next question: What was the ratio of "Houston lack of heart and complete crunch-time incompetence" versus "Indianapolis' crunch-time competence, Manning's brilliance and Indy's surreal 'talent' for getting the three biggest officiating gifts in every single game" that affected my answer for the previous question? My honest answer: a 60/40 swing for the Texans. They're that useless. Either Gary Kubiak needs to go or Matt Schaub needs to go. You can't have your coach and your quarterback with dueling "Oh crap, it's gonna happen again; we're gonna mess this up, aren't we?" looks on their faces. Not gonna work.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmonsnflpicks/091204

Basically more of the same with references to lack of heart and the need of someone to hit the road.

HJam72
12-04-2009, 08:18 PM
This team needs a scape-goat really bad. Let's just cut Dunta right now. :roast:

Cut him, Rick!

imatexan
12-04-2009, 09:03 PM
We are number 20.

Titans are number 9.

We both have a 5-6 records.

:gun:

infantrycak
12-05-2009, 01:01 PM
and Indy's surreal 'talent' for getting the three biggest officiating gifts in every single game

Yeah, it's just whiny Texans fans that notice this.

m5kwatts
12-05-2009, 02:17 PM
Bill Simmons is a total d0uche-nozzle

ESPN has the worst collection of faux-comedian sportswriters

disaacks3
12-05-2009, 02:25 PM
Bill Simmons is a total d0uche-nozzle

ESPN has the worst collection of faux-comedian sportswriters He may very well be that, but there's more than a speck of truth in his comments. This team just doesn't look confident once they have a lead...they look scared. I'd like to see the 'killer instinct look', instead it's the 'please don't hurt us' look.

This isn't about a "wanting to win" philosophy...these guys have ALL been competitors since junior high. It's about a we've got 'em down, now let's demoralize 'em look that I've NEVER seen a Texans team field.

m5kwatts
12-05-2009, 02:28 PM
He may very well be that, but there's more than a speck of truth in his comments. This team just doesn't look confident once they have a lead...they look scared. I'd like to see the 'killer instinct look', instead it's the 'please don't hurt us' look.

This isn't about a "wanting to win" philosophy...these guys have ALL been competitors since junior high. It's about a we've got 'em down, now let's demoralize 'em look that I've NEVER seen a Texans team field.

Oh I know, I just wanted to attack Simmons and ESPN's slew of talking heads that focus more on pitching a joke than providing quality analysis. Typical ESPN, all fluff no substance.

brakos82
12-05-2009, 02:29 PM
He may very well be that, but there's more than a speck of truth in his comments. This team just doesn't look confident once they have a lead...they look scared. I'd like to see the 'killer instinct look', instead it's the 'please don't hurt us' look.

Somebodyused the analogy of punching your big brother... you know there's payback, but not sure when exactly.

Honoring Earl 34
12-05-2009, 02:57 PM

I think it's ( winning ) something that comes along over time . I think this process has been stalled numerous times by the Texans .

Reasons for said stall

1. Drafting from 2002-2005 . You could have gone down GBNSR top 100 and done a better job than CC .
2. HWNSNBN was kept and resigned for whatever reason , heck they should have drafted Peppers and Portis .
3. Bob is a nice guy and remember Jerry Jones's statement about the Cowboys being glitz and glamor and the other team being the red checkered table clothe , country feel good thing .
4. Making stupid trades .
5. To much into trying to categorize what a Texan player is .
6. The two players on offense that affect the game the most are RB and QB . We see saw with this way to much . Meaning we've never had both really good at the same time .

Once a team has some success , they should expect more . If they are satisfied ... you've got the wrong people . They don't have a RB or a QB who has proven they can takeover a game when it's on the line . Everything is contagious ... winning and losing .

PapaL
12-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Easier to find a coach than a competent QB...IMO.

TexansBlood
12-05-2009, 03:10 PM
We are number 20.

Titans are number 9.

We both have a 5-6 records.

:gun:

Ofcoarse they have won 5 in a row and we have lost 3 in a row thanks to Kubiak.

houstonspartan
12-05-2009, 04:17 PM
I think it's ( winning ) something that comes along over time . I think this process has been stalled numerous times by the Texans .

Reasons for said stall

1. Drafting from 2002-2005 . You could have gone down GBNSR top 100 and done a better job than CC .
2. HWNSNBN was kept and resigned for whatever reason , heck they should have drafted Peppers and Portis .
3. Bob is a nice guy and remember Jerry Jones's statement about the Cowboys being glitz and glamor and the other team being the red checkered table clothe , country feel good thing .
4. Making stupid trades .
5. To much into trying to categorize what a Texan player is .
6. The two players on offense that affect the game the most are RB and QB . We see saw with this way to much . Meaning we've never had both really good at the same time .

Once a team has some success , they should expect more . If they are satisfied ... you've got the wrong people . They don't have a RB or a QB who has proven they can takeover a game when it's on the line . Everything is contagious ... winning and losing .

Please. Jerry Jones is a buffoon. Glitz and glamour? Two of their fans were caught f-----g in the bathroom earlier this year.

That's typical Dallas bs. They see themselves as the upscale, glamourous town, and were a bunch of stupid hicks down here. Truth is, Houston is about class and sophistication, and Dallas is full of pretentious posers.

But, back to football: I agree with you that the Casserly/Capers years and all of their bad decisions are still with us. We have almost no seasoned vets.

Honoring Earl 34
12-05-2009, 04:23 PM
Please. Jerry Jones is a buffoon. Glitz and glamour? Two of their fans were caught f-----g in the bathroom earlier this year.

That's typical Dallas bs. They see themselves as the upscale, glamourous town, and were a bunch of stupid hicks down here. Truth is, Houston is about class and sophistication, and Dallas is full of pretentious posers.

But, back to football: I agree with you that the Casserly/Capers years and all of their bad decisions are still with us. We have almost no seasoned vets.

I'm no fan of Jerry but he does win . His problem is he'd sell his soul to win ( TO , Pacman , and Tank ) .