PDA

View Full Version : Raiders fans give us an idea: What would our billboard say to McNair?

GP
12-02-2009, 08:37 PM
"Eight years is on YOU, Bob."

From the story (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4706922) at espn.com

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/1202/nfl_a_billboard1_sw_300.jpg

jaayteetx
12-02-2009, 08:39 PM
Me personally, thanks Bob, for making sundays in the fall interesting again.

Mike Kerns
12-02-2009, 10:36 PM

Thank you.

Ryan
12-02-2009, 10:39 PM
"Dear Mr. McNair, thank you for bringing football back to Houston, now it's time to bring GOOD football back."

TEXANRED
12-02-2009, 10:39 PM

Yeah but then the winter hits and you realize your liver is failing.

Carr Bombed
12-03-2009, 12:39 AM
Mr. McNair, screw the Kube. Bring in the chin!

Mr. White
12-03-2009, 08:11 AM
Grow a pair.

TEXANS84
12-03-2009, 09:07 AM
"Mr. Mcnair....please pay US back"

Texan_Bill
12-03-2009, 09:13 AM

Thank you.

"Dear Mr. McNair, thank you for bringing football back to Houston, now it's time to bring GOOD football back."

Yes, yes and double yes!!!

False Start
12-03-2009, 09:45 AM
Dear Mr McNair: Chin Life! :jam:

texanmojo
12-03-2009, 10:03 AM
The whole billboard idea is a flat out joke. Bob McNair doesn't give a rats ass what would be on it. He is here to make money and he is doing just that.

But...I am still happy with what BM has done by bringing a team here. I enjoy tailgating and the people I hang out with. I would love to do it more than 10 times a year...I will take what I get. Am I disapoointed with my team right now...yes. But I have not given up on them and nor will I.

So "Thank You" to Bob McNair. I appreciate the team and hope that we continue to improve.

One small request...just win a Super Bowl before that pig in Nashville does.

HOU-TEX
12-03-2009, 10:07 AM
"Thank You for the annual increase in my medical expenses, Bob."

gtexan02
Cmon, guys. This team is fun to watch. To compare us to the Raiders right now is insane. Al Davis and McNair aren't even in the same galaxy

Texan_Bill
The whole billboard idea is a flat out joke. Bob McNair doesn't give a rats ass what would be on it. He is here to make money and he is doing just that.

But...I am still happy with what BM has done by bringing a team here. I enjoy tailgating and the people I hang out with. I would love to do it more than 10 times a year...I will take what I get. Am I disapoointed with my team right now...yes. But I have not given up on them and nor will I.

So "Thank You" to Bob McNair. I appreciate the team and hope that we continue to improve.

One small request...just win a Super Bowl before that pig in Nashville does.

This... And especially the bolded portion. Repped.

nunusguy
12-03-2009, 12:54 PM
I'm still totally grateful to MCNair for the franchise but I will admit it's fristrating to know we'll have to wait atleast one more year before we see the playoffs. Regarding the HC & GM, I'm confidant he'll do the right thing when the seasons over, then think about a billboard message if you want.

Second Honeymoon
12-03-2009, 01:02 PM
Bob, Get Your Head Out Of Your Ass
FIRE KUBIAK, HIRE COWHER

Texan_Bill
12-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Since Bob's not appreciated here, the sign should say:

Better Luck in L.A. Bob!

Texan_Bill
12-03-2009, 01:27 PM
-Or-

"Pull your head out of your ass Bob! Why the hell did you sell Cogen to Enron and start off on a football endeavor??"

Texan_Bill
12-03-2009, 01:29 PM
How about:

"Hey Bob, life was better without football!"

buddyboy
12-03-2009, 01:29 PM
No no guys, I think we have this backwards. I think we're supposed to try to be like GOOD teams, not copy bad ones.

Goatcheese
12-03-2009, 01:32 PM
"Free beers when the Texans are down by 3"

:truck:

chicagotexan2
12-03-2009, 01:35 PM
Dear Mr. McNair - Hire Vince Young to coach and qb. He's so dreamy he make me creamy.

chicagotexan2
12-03-2009, 01:43 PM
http://www.funkandjunk.com/images/pictures/29398.jpg

Eight & Eight is Enough.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.net/graphics/news3/GoodTimes_S5.jpg

We want Good Times.

Texan_Bill
12-03-2009, 01:45 PM
Dear Mr. McNair - Hire Vince Young to coach and qb. He's so dreamy he make me creamy.

:spit:

badboy
12-03-2009, 01:53 PM
I have a text message from a coctail waitress. Send $50 million and I will delete.

Wolf6151
12-03-2009, 02:24 PM
Thanks, but 8-8 isn't good enough.

HJam72
12-03-2009, 03:04 PM
Go shop @ GET-A-CENTER!

Silver Oak
12-03-2009, 03:56 PM
Mr. McNair,

Your son Cal is a douche. Please, please, please let me run the team upon your demise.

Respectfully,
Silver Oak

Double Barrel
12-03-2009, 04:34 PM
Thanks for the team, Mr. McNair!!

Sincerely,

Houston Texans Fans

p.s.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."
~ Albert Einstein

:howdy: :texflag: :fans:

Kulluminatii
12-03-2009, 04:44 PM
Cmon, guys. This team is fun to watch. To compare us to the Raiders right now is insane. Al Davis and McNair aren't even in the same galaxy

Yeah, you guys are almost "there". Texans games are fun to watch, period. No matter what the end result is. When I watch games of other football teams, like the Texans, I see a team out there putting it all on the line. You guys are a few players away from finally being "there". Hell, a few less penalties and a few TDs made in goalline situations...and this thread probably would have never existed.

The Raiders, on the other hand, are nowhere close and won't be close for a while unless some drastic changes happen. When you watch the Raiders play (especially now late in the season), you see a bunch of guys out there playing with no heart. Most of them are there for the $, and that's it. They could care less about going to the playoffs, let alone the Superbowl.

The Texans and Raiders both have one thing in common, that they haven't had a winning season in 6+ years. That is about where the similarities end. While the Texans are almost "there", the Raiders are still trying to figure out what the hell "there" is.

Just my :twocents:.

Texan_Bill
12-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Yeah, you guys are almost "there". Texans games are fun to watch, period. No matter what the end result is. When I watch games of other football teams, like the Texans, I see a team out there putting it all on the line. You guys are a few players away from finally being "there". Hell, a few less penalties and a few TDs made in goalline situations...and this thread probably would have never existed.

The Raiders, on the other hand, are nowhere close and won't be close for a while unless some drastic changes happen. When you watch the Raiders play (especially now late in the season), you see a bunch of guys out there playing with no heart. Most of them are there for the $, and that's it. They could care less about going to the playoffs, let alone the Superbowl.

The Texans and Raiders both have one thing in common, that they haven't had a winning season in 6+ years. That is about where the similarities end. While the Texans are almost "there", the Raiders are still trying to figure out what the hell "there" is.

Just my :twocents:.

Shane Lechler > Matt Turk :runaway:

Kulluminatii
12-03-2009, 05:00 PM
Matt Schaub > JaMarcus Russell + Gradkowski

Andre Johnson > All our WRs combined

Steve Slaton > Darren McFadden

Do I need to go any further? :cool:

Texan_Bill
12-03-2009, 05:05 PM
Matt Schaub > JaMarcus Russell + Gradkowski

Andre Johnson > All our WRs combined

Steve Slaton > Darren McFadden

Do I need to go any further? :cool:

Man, I was just trying to let the Raiders save face... :cow::cow:

What about "Huggy Bear" junior??

Kulluminatii
12-03-2009, 05:12 PM
Raiders....save face..... Those three words in the same sentence?! *head explodes*:francis:

Fargas is a beast, but he's getting there with age. Slaton has much more upside right now if he starts handling the ball better.

Texan_Bill
12-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Raiders....save face..... Those three words in the same sentence?! *head explodes*:francis:

Fargas is a beast, but he's getting there with age. Slaton has much more upside right now if he starts handling the ball better.

If "if" were a fifth, we'd all be :drunk:

Kulluminatii
12-03-2009, 05:20 PM
:spit:

True, but Slaton's fumbling problem is fixable. He just needs to play more so he can get his confidence back up. If I'm not mistaken, he didn't fumble once during that Monday Night game against Titans.

Joe Texan
12-03-2009, 06:22 PM
Mr McNair,

Your contribution to Houston is greatly Appreciated. Whatever coach you pick I know your trying to win Football Games so thanks for not picking any couch coaches from this board. I give you this promise: I will attend every game you schedule in Houston and some in other states. I will never leave the stadium till the last player walks off the feild. Thank you for being an Owner who lets Football people run the team.

Second Honeymoon
12-03-2009, 07:10 PM
Mr McNair,

Your contribution to Houston is greatly Appreciated. Whatever coach you pick I know your trying to win Football Games so thanks for not picking any couch coaches from this board. I give you this promise: I will attend every game you schedule in Houston and some in other states. I will never leave the stadium till the last player walks off the feild. Thank you for being an Owner who lets Football people run the team.

translation:

I love the Cubbies, win or lose.

signed,

Typical Cubs fan who is still a loser 101 years later

Second Honeymoon
12-03-2009, 07:14 PM
Since Bob's not appreciated here, the sign should say:

Better Luck in L.A. Bob!

So Bob bought the team as some sort of civic duty for Houston? Wrong.

He bought the team to make money and he has made plenty plenty plenty of it. The value of his franchise is higher than what he paid for it and he has had 8 years of high profitability since the purchase.

TB, I know you like Bob and I do too, but don't act like he donated the money to buy the team. He did it to make money. It's what billionaires do the problem is he isn't spending enough money at the right places to put a successful product on the field...and why should he care when it seems some people are just happy to have an NFL team no matter how much they suck.

Luckily, I think most Texans fans know that changes need to be made and that the current model isn't working as it pertains to winning. It makes money and keeps Bob rich, but its not winning diddly.

Joe Texan
12-03-2009, 08:53 PM
Divorce is more like it

Seems someone got your panties in a wad

its a football team and one that is improving

We got real Fans as well as yourself the "Fair Weather Fan"

See you 3rd quarter in the parking lot, Not

MannyFresh
12-03-2009, 09:02 PM
http://www.tvshowsondvd.net/graphics/news3/GoodTimes_S5.jpg

We want Good Times.[/QUOTE]

LOL...nice, we need good times right bout now cause these Texans are making folks say, "DAMN, DAMN, DAMN!"

chicagotexan2
12-03-2009, 09:47 PM
translation:

I love the Cubbies, win or lose.

signed,

Typical Cubs fan who is still a loser 101 years later

I'd say most cubs fans are not real fans of the team. They are fans of the stadium and the scene at the ballpark, but couldn't care less about the team itself.