PDA

View Full Version : Running Game

Speedy
11-30-2009, 09:50 PM
It finally shows up for the Texans, they use it in the first half to build up 17-0 and 20-7 leads, run it for 122 (5.1 per carry) for the game, 19 runs for 90 yards in the first half, it was setting up the play action and bootleg stuff big time and in the 2nd half.........

In the 2nd half they run the ball FIVE times. That's it. The last run play in the game for the Texans was with 12:54 left in the 4th. They ran 24 straight pass plays to close out the game.

I just don't get how you've been looking for this kind of ground game all season, you get it, it's successful, you're unstoppable because of it, and then you go away from it.

Mr. White
11-30-2009, 10:05 PM
Seems to me that Gary and Alex are able to establish the run game with the screen pass, sweeps, etc. in the first half.

Then they go to the old predictable "Chris Brown up the middle." And the only people that are surprised by it are the fans because we've seen it fail so many times.

Jackie Chiles
11-30-2009, 10:38 PM
Is it strange to anyone else that once OD went down our running game picked up a bit? Owen probably isn't a terrible run blocker but watching Casey cut people in half yesterday definitely opened my eyes. Its ironic though, when OD was healthy we didn't need to rely on the running game so much because he was having such an incredible year catching the ball. Now that he is out we pretty much have to have the running game to score with any efficiency and yet we abandon it after having a lot of success in this past game. Truly baffling.

Norg
11-30-2009, 10:49 PM
umm so far

we are 0-3 without Owen D

Jackie Chiles
11-30-2009, 10:58 PM
umm so far

we are 0-3 without Owen D

Technically we are 1-3 without him seeing as he didn't finish the first quarter against the Bills. I never said we were better without him though, I said we need to run the ball more to compensate for losing the tremendous threat he was as a receiver. Not sure what point you are trying to make exactly but thats nothing new I suppose.