PDA

View Full Version : Kubiak live conference at 3:30 today

MannyFresh
11-30-2009, 01:10 PM
I wonder what smoke and dookie this putz is going to feed us today...

False Start
11-30-2009, 01:13 PM
Its on him. :rake:

Second Honeymoon
11-30-2009, 01:16 PM
let me guess

Execute (Capers aint the only one)

It's on me

We aren't making enough plays

Kids

You can't make mistakes like that when you are playing a team like the Colts

we're gonna have to get back to work and fix this thing and get ready for Jacksonville on Sunday

We gotta give him some help

You gotta give them credit, they made the plays when they needed them (referring to the Colts)

Imatexanfan
11-30-2009, 01:16 PM
Maybe he's resigning...:goodpost:

FirstTexansFan
11-30-2009, 01:18 PM
In my dream scenario, he comes out and says, "I realized yesterday I have no business being a coach, my forte' is as an offensive coordinator. Effective immediately, I resign my position, and Mike Shanahan will come in as interim coach, while I assume my chosen profession as OC".

Hey, I can dream can't I? :)

Imatexanfan
11-30-2009, 01:18 PM
let me guess

It's on me

Kids

we're gonna have to get back to work and fix this thing

You gotta give them credit (referring to the Colts)

Damn pretty good there, thats what exactly he's gonna say too, hilarious...

Imatexanfan
11-30-2009, 01:19 PM
In my dream scenario, he comes out and says, "I realized yesterday I have no business being a coach, my forte' is as an offensive coordinator. Effective immediately, I resign my position, and Mike Shanahan will come in as interim coach, while I assume my chosen profession as OC".

Hey, I can dream can't I? :)

LOL I was thinking the samething:worldpeace:

thunderkyss
11-30-2009, 01:19 PM
let me guess

It's on me

Kids

we're gonna have to get back to work and fix this thing and get ready for Jacksonville on Sunday

You gotta give them credit, they made the plays when they needed them (referring to the Colts)

Pretty much the same thing Parcells said when he was trying to turn the Cowboys around??

brakos82
11-30-2009, 01:23 PM
*mumbling in crowd*

*McClain's forklift shows up*

*McClain is placed in his seat*

*McClain's forklift leaves*

*That Mexican guy steals the mic*

*mic is replaced by another Mexican guy*

*McClain falls through the floor like that pizza in that one commercial*

*Kubiak shows up drunk*

"Hey you bunch of silly reporter people *takes a swig* Ah! You know what I did? So, this one guy was sitting down and I was... you know what? There was this one kid, about 88 or so, and he was trying to shoot me with a lazer, and I was all like *takes another swig* 'Hey! I'll bench you!' And then he was all 'Your ass.' So then during halftime..." *Kubiak passes out*

nunusguy
11-30-2009, 01:24 PM
Don't forget the mirrors. Everybody including the HC needs to look in their mirror.

hookinreds
11-30-2009, 01:24 PM
let me guess

It's on me

Kids

Thanks for the recap. Oh...it isn't 15:30 yet, how did you do that?

Imatexanfan
11-30-2009, 01:25 PM
*mumbling in crowd*

*Kubiak shows up drunk*

"Hey you bunch of silly reporter people *takes a swig* Ah! You know what I did? So, this one guy was sitting down and I was... you know what? There was this one kid, about 88 or so, and he was trying to shoot me with a lazer, and I was all like *takes another swig* 'Hey! I'll bench you!' And then he was all 'Your ass.' So then during halftime..." *Kubiak passes out*

Hilarious rep ur way :handshake:

HOU-TEX
11-30-2009, 01:29 PM
*mumbling in crowd*

*Kubiak shows up drunk*

:spit: Quality post after these 3 weeks of suck. Repped ya too

Hervoyel
11-30-2009, 01:31 PM
Pretty much the same thing Parcells said when he was trying to turn the Cowboys around??

Parcells first season with the Cowboys he was over .500 and in four years he took a team that had posted 3 straight 5-11 seasons and blew them up, rebuilt them, and managed to win 3 out of 4 years while he was doing it.

Suffice to say that the words might be similar but when Parcells says these things they take on vastly different meanings. He's apologizing for not making it past the first round of the playoffs. Gary is apologizing for his team blowing a 20-7 lead while sleepwalking through the second half.

houstonspartan
11-30-2009, 01:33 PM
I'm amazed at how loud the call for his ouster has become just over the last 18 hours or so. The national media is even starting to weigh in. I don't think many people expected us to win, but there is no question there was a second half choke.

As for the press conference, three words: "It's on me."

TheRealJoker
11-30-2009, 01:35 PM
Gary needs to explain why we ran the ball only 5 times in the second half despite averaging 5 yards per carry and holding the lead until there was 8 minutes left in the game.

I do not care about anything else quite frankly. He can make excuses all he wants about "executing" and other coach speak. But the fact is, he harps on the running game all the time and when it finally starts working he abandons it when we need to be using it the most.

Why are we running naked bootlegs deep in our own territory where Schaub nearly gets sacked in the endzone and the defense has clearly adjusted? Why do we stop pounding the rock when it was working so well?

Tell us coach!!!

houstonspartan
11-30-2009, 01:37 PM
Parcells first season with the Cowboys he was over .500 and in four years he took a team that had posted 3 straight 5-11 seasons and blew them up, rebuilt them, and managed to win 3 out of 4 years while he was doing it.

Suffice to say that the words might be similar but when Parcells says these things they take on vastly different meanings. He's apologizing for not making it past the first round of the playoffs. Gary is apologizing for his team blowing a 20-7 lead while sleepwalking through the second half.

Co-sign. The very idea of comparing Parcels to Kubiak is laughable. When Parcels says "We need to fix this thing" you knew two things: 1) All hell would break loose behind the scenes; 2) Whatever needed to be fixed was fixed.

Pollardized
11-30-2009, 01:43 PM
I found some footage of Kubiak practicing today's press conference. He is talking about how wins seem to slip away and not being fooled by a lead.

Strange he resembles someone else in this clip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Vinny
11-30-2009, 01:44 PM
I'm amazed at how loud the call for his ouster has become just over the last 18 hours or so. The national media is even starting to weigh in. I don't think many people expected us to win, but there is no question there was a second half choke.

Everyone around the league perceives this team as talented. I think Kubiak has also given the perception that he is a good offensive coordinator but an awful head coach. These views weren't all shaped in the second half of yesterday's game. They were just further reinforced.

Hardcore Texan
11-30-2009, 01:48 PM
let me guess

It's on me

Kids

What you said plus this:

It's hard to win in this league

We have to learn to finish, 60 mins of fooseball

It starts with the coaches

We sent the tape into the league (referring to this week's hack job by the refs)

And some podium thumping mixed in

Hardcore Texan
11-30-2009, 01:50 PM
Gary needs to explain why we ran the ball only 5 times in the second half despite averaging 5 yards per carry and holding the lead until there was 8 minutes left in the game.

I do not care about anything else quite frankly. He can make excuses all he wants about "executing" and other coach speak. But the fact is, he harps on the running game all the time and when it finally starts working he abandons it when we need to be using it the most.

Why are we running naked bootlegs deep in our own territory where Schaub nearly gets sacked in the endzone and the defense has clearly adjusted? Why do we stop pounding the rock when it was working so well?

Tell us coach!!!

Easy TRJ, nobody wants those answers, we might be forced to get better if really examined how we are *********n up all the time.

Vinny
11-30-2009, 02:00 PM
Hell, in the post game interview the guys in the booth were counting how many times Kubiak said it was "on him". Kubiak eyeore'ed 5 times in a 2 min interview.

Vinny
11-30-2009, 02:01 PM

Tell us coach!!! You ever watch him during the game? The offense is always on the other side of the 50 and he can't watch. He doesn't get out in front and when the players look for leadership they have to search 35 yards down field and find Kubiak looking at his Denny's menu facing the wrong way. Watching Kubiak during the game is like watching a little girl view a horror flick with her hand over her face.

Pollardized
11-30-2009, 02:04 PM
You ever watch him during the game? The offense is always on the other side of the 50 and he can't watch. He doesn't get out in front and when the players look for leadership they have to search 35 yards down field and find Kubiak looking at his Denny's menu facing the wrong way. Watching Kubiak during the game is like watching a little girl view a horror flick with her hand over her face.

LMFAO you summed it up perfectly. I was beginning to wonder why all the other coaches on TV did it wrong.

Second Honeymoon
11-30-2009, 02:10 PM
What you said plus this:

It's hard to win in this league

We have to learn to finish, 60 mins of fooseball

It starts with the coaches

We sent the tape into the league (referring to this week's hack job by the refs)

And some podium thumping mixed in

yeah I have heard that one before.....

MannyFresh
11-30-2009, 02:10 PM
Listening to 1560 while out to lunch just now...they hope he's gone too. They brought up a good point on how many folks may or may not renew for next if this PC goes like all the others.

Mailman
11-30-2009, 02:12 PM
Poking Kubiak in the forehead notwithstanding, I never understand the point of these threads.

What is he supposed to say? When he says something unexpected and controversial, then there's a reason to discuss the press conference at length, but the cat-calling about his use of cliches is silly and a waste of time imo. Every coach under fire says the same stuff. Nothing to see here.

Second Honeymoon
11-30-2009, 02:28 PM
Poking Kubiak in the forehead notwithstanding, I never understand the point of these threads.

What is he supposed to say? When he says something unexpected and controversial, then there's a reason to discuss the press conference at length, but the cat-calling about his use of cliches is silly and a waste of time imo. Every coach under fire says the same stuff. Nothing to see here.

were just having a little fun on an otherwise gloomy post-game day.

if you don't think its funny or even remotely entertaining, you don't have to read much less reply

devo-x
11-30-2009, 02:46 PM
It just reinforced my belief that the Colts are the best team in the division and NFL with their impressive 11-0 record

It's doubtful that the Texans would have won even with better coaching

Hervoyel
11-30-2009, 02:59 PM
It just reinforced my belief that the Colts are the best team in the division and NFL with their impressive 11-0 record

If you don't already have season tickets my friend then someone from the Houston Texans marketing department would like to speak to you ASAP.

houstonspartan
11-30-2009, 03:03 PM
If you don't already have season tickets my friend then someone from the Houston Texans marketing department would like to speak to you ASAP.

LOL. Exactly. With better coaching we would have beat Indy BOTH times.

MannyFresh
11-30-2009, 03:04 PM

Well if this is another ho-hum "its on me" press conference then I'm not going to pick up the phone...

dalemurphy
11-30-2009, 03:12 PM
Present pain and frustration notwithstanding. I love this team and think Kubiak and Smith have done a very good job of building it. Yesterday's second half was a disgrace, though, and I don't know how to not blame that on the coaching staff. We were clearly the dominate and more talented team on the field yesterday. Unfortunately, the offense tightened up, forgot how to run the ball effectively, and refused to do simple things like account for the one remaining defensive playmaker on the Colts: Robert Mathis.

I don't want Kubiak gone, yet. I think that causes more problems than it solves, and I'm still hoping for a 10 win season. But, for the first time this season, I'm extremely disappointed in the team's effort, mental toughness, etc...

Everyone should read Jeremy Rice's fan blog on the Chron.com. All year he has been calling out the run game and the stubborn efforts to run the basic zone plays. And, all year it has been ineffective except when they've run draws, power sweeps, sift runs, etc... Yet, once again, they went back to the staple play that almost never works for this team and it got the offense into trouble again. I'm actually excited to see Alex Gibbs leave this staff. I think his voice is too loud and too respected.

CloakNNNdagger
11-30-2009, 03:21 PM
Hell, in the post game interview the guys in the booth were counting how many times Kubiak said it was "on him". Kubiak eyeore'ed 5 times in a 2 min interview.

How many times will someone have to listen to him say this until we believe him?:choke:

MannyFresh
11-30-2009, 03:26 PM
I see no link yet for the conference on the Texans website

valleytexfan
11-30-2009, 03:29 PM
I see no link yet for the conference on the Texans website

Are they hiding something??

TheRealJoker
11-30-2009, 03:30 PM
Press conference moved to 4 pm...

"Sorry for keeping y'all waiting. That's on me as a coach for not getting my excuses ready by 3:30."

- Kubiak

TexansSeminole
11-30-2009, 03:31 PM
Says its at 3:45

MannyFresh
11-30-2009, 03:32 PM
Nevermind its up...little girl doing mic check

valleytexfan
11-30-2009, 03:33 PM
why is the presser later than usual today? Big announcement perhaps?:texflag: Wishful thinking, I know.

TheRealJoker
11-30-2009, 03:34 PM
Present pain and frustration notwithstanding. I love this team and think Kubiak and Smith have done a very good job of building it. Yesterday's second half was a disgrace, though, and I don't know how to not blame that on the coaching staff. We were clearly the dominate and more talented team on the field yesterday. Unfortunately, the offense tightened up, forgot how to run the ball effectively, and refused to do simple things like account for the one remaining defensive playmaker on the Colts: Robert Mathis.

I don't want Kubiak gone, yet. I think that causes more problems than it solves, and I'm still hoping for a 10 win season. But, for the first time this season, I'm extremely disappointed in the team's effort, mental toughness, etc...

Everyone should read Jeremy Rice's fan blog on the Chron.com. All year he has been calling out the run game and the stubborn efforts to run the basic zone plays. And, all year it has been ineffective except when they've run draws, power sweeps, sift runs, etc... Yet, once again, they went back to the staple play that almost never works for this team and it got the offense into trouble again. I'm actually excited to see Alex Gibbs leave this staff. I think his voice is too loud and too respected.

We averaged 5 yards per carry in the second half....unfortunately the geniuses on our coaching staff thought it was a good idea to only run the ball 5 times.

MannyFresh
11-30-2009, 03:35 PM
Closer to 4 now the goofy guy says...

brakos82
why is the presser later than usual today? Big announcement perhaps?:texflag: Wishful thinking, I know.

Maybe he's drunk. :runaway:

DiehardChris
closer to 4 now the goofy guy says...

lol.

Vinny
someone came to the podium and said that Kubiak will be at the podium "closer to 4" than 3:30.

TexansSeminole
11-30-2009, 03:36 PM
Has this ever happened before?

MannyFresh
11-30-2009, 03:37 PM
someone came to the podium and said that Kubiak will be at the podium "closer to 4" than 3:30.

yeah the goofy guy...LOL he reminds of the guy on the Enterprise Car commercial when the chick asks him, should I wear the red or the black..." uh..both?" LOL

DiehardChris
11-30-2009, 03:37 PM

Oh yeah, it's hardly ever on time.

MannyFresh
11-30-2009, 03:38 PM

I think so, but Kubiak is thinking "don't say its on me" "dont say its on me" "that doesn't work anymore"

badboy
11-30-2009, 03:42 PM
Press conference moved to 4 pm...

"Sorry for keeping y'all waiting. That's on me as a coach for not getting my excuses ready by 3:30."

- KubiakDo we lose a time out for that?

brakos82
11-30-2009, 03:42 PM
I take it somebody couldn't get McClain's forklift in the building. :kingkong:

Khari
11-30-2009, 03:43 PM
perhaps he had some taco cabana for lunch and it's kickin in

brakos82
11-30-2009, 03:43 PM
Do we lose a time out for that?

Just a 5-yarder.

GP
11-30-2009, 03:44 PM
Even his press conferences have trouble starting on time.

Patterns.

TheRealJoker
Just a 5-yarder.

Whoa...now we upset Peyton... personal foul insulting King Peyton 15 yards!!!

MannyFresh
here we go now

brakos82
11-30-2009, 03:45 PM
Whoa...now we upset Peyton... personal foul insulting King Peyton 15 yards!!!

:francis:

No More 8-8's
11-30-2009, 03:46 PM
Gary Kubiak has decided to let the clock run out til closer til 4, so Kris Brown can have some time to kick a field goal.

thunderkyss
11-30-2009, 03:47 PM

Our First possession of the second half.
# Houston Texans at 11:20
# 1-P.McAfee kicks 75 yards from IND 30 to HST -5. 11-A.Davis to HST 14 for 19 yards (35-C.Simpson). PENALTY on HST-92-J.Zgonina, Offensive Holding, 7 yards, enforced at HST 14.
# 1-10-HOU 7 (11:15) 8-M.Schaub pass short right to 80-A.Johnson pushed ob at HST 17 for 10 yards (33-M.Bullitt).
# 1-10-HOU 17 (10:38) 20-S.Slaton left tackle to HST 20 for 3 yards (99-A.Johnson).
# 2-7-HOU 20 (10:02) 20-S.Slaton right end to HST 32 for 12 yards (33-M.Bullitt).
# 1-10-HOU 32 (9:20) 8-M.Schaub pass deep middle intended for 80-A.Johnson INTERCEPTED by 41-A.Bethea at IND 17. 41-A.Bethea to IND 17 for no gain (80-A.Johnson).
4 plays. Two run plays.

Our second possesion
# Houston Texans at 06:48
# 1-10-HOU 11 (6:48) 8-M.Schaub pass incomplete short middle to 86-J.Casey (55-C.Session) [55-C.Session].
# 2-10-HOU 11 (6:39) 22-C.Brown left tackle to HST 15 for 4 yards (33-M.Bullitt).
# 3-6-HOU 15 (5:59) (Shotgun) PENALTY on HST-63-C.White, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at HST 15 - No Play.
# 3-11-HOU 10 (5:34) (Shotgun) 8-M.Schaub pass short middle to 20-S.Slaton to HST 17 for 7 yards (90-D.Muir).
# 4-4-HOU 17 (5:00) 1-M.Turk punts 48 yards to IND 35, Center-85-J.Dreessen, fair catch by 20-T.Rushing. (The punt hangtime was 4.5 seconds.)
3 plays, 1 is a run.

3rd possession
# Houston Texans at 13:21
# 1-10-HOU 22 (13:21) 22-C.Brown left tackle to HST 34 for 12 yards (99-A.Johnson). IND-98-R.Mathis was injured during the play.
# 1-10-HOU 34 (12:54) 22-C.Brown left tackle to HST 35 for 1 yard (58-G.Brackett, 99-A.Johnson).
# 2-9-HOU 35 (12:17) 8-M.Schaub pass short left to 20-S.Slaton to HST 38 for 3 yards (58-G.Brackett, 55-C.Session).
# 3-6-HOU 38 (11:35) (Shotgun) 8-M.Schaub pass incomplete short left to 89-D.Anderson.
# 4-6-HOU 38 (11:29) 1-M.Turk punts 58 yards to IND 4, Center-85-J.Dreessen. 20-T.Rushing to IND 11 for 7 yards (86-J.Casey, 98-C.Barwin). (The punt hangtime was 5.0 Seconds) (#98 Mathis for Indianapolis returns to action)
One good run by CBrown. One dud. 2 pass plays.... punt.

The Colts score on this possesion. Game is now 21-20 Colts.
Our 4th possession
# Houston Texans at 08:24
# 1-P.McAfee kicks 79 yards from IND 30 to HST -9. 11-A.Davis, Touchback.
# 1-10-HOU 20 (8:24) 8-M.Schaub pass incomplete short left to 44-V.Leach.
# 2-10-HOU 20 (8:17) 8-M.Schaub pass short right intended for 86-J.Casey INTERCEPTED by 55-C.Session at HST 27. 55-C.Session for 27 yards, TOUCHDOWN.
2 passes in a row. Pic-6

The Colts score 14 points in a matter of seconds. it is now 28-20 Colts.

our 5th possession
# Houston Texans at 08:09
# 1-P.McAfee kicks 70 yards from IND 30 to end zone, Touchback.
# 1-10-HOU 20 (8:09) 8-M.Schaub pass short middle to 83-K.Walter to HST 27 for 7 yards (50-P.Wheeler) [58-G.Brackett].
# 2-3-HOU 27 (7:36) 8-M.Schaub pass short right to 86-J.Casey to HST 32 for 5 yards (27-J.Lacey).
# 1-10-HOU 32 (6:58) 8-M.Schaub pass short left to 44-V.Leach to HST 36 for 4 yards (50-P.Wheeler).
# 2-6-HOU 36 (6:16) (Shotgun) 8-M.Schaub pass short left to 20-S.Slaton to HST 44 for 8 yards (55-C.Session; 23-T.Jennings).
# 1-10-HOU 44 (5:44) (Shotgun) 8-M.Schaub pass short middle to 86-J.Casey to IND 44 for 12 yards (33-M.Bullitt).
# 1-10-IND 44 (5:11) (Shotgun) 8-M.Schaub pass short left to 11-A.Davis to IND 37 for 7 yards (25-J.Powers). PENALTY on HST-73-E.Winston, Offensive Holding, 10 yards, enforced at IND 44 - No Play.
# 1-20-HOU 46 (4:46) (Shotgun) 8-M.Schaub pass incomplete short right to 89-D.Anderson.
# 2-20-HOU 46 (4:41) (Shotgun) 8-M.Schaub sacked at HST 46 for 0 yards (98-R.Mathis). FUMBLES (98-R.Mathis), RECOVERED by IND-79-R.Brock at HST 37. 79-R.Brock to HST 37 for no gain (8-M.Schaub).
This is where we get away from running the football. There's still 8 minutes left in the game.. we're only down by 8 points.
8 passes in a row. You know they were just pinning their ears back, and flying.

Against the Titans I think we gave up on the run too early. Way too early. Same thing here, 8 minutes to go, and we drop back to pass 8 times in a row.

Other than this one series though, I think the play calling was spot on.

After this possession, the defense collapses, and allows all kinds of stuff to happen, including a 15 yard run by Addai, and a 23 yard run by Simpson. Both runs included multiple missed tackles.

After this point, there is no more running, and right fully so.

Hervoyel
11-30-2009, 03:47 PM
All I want to hear out of this man's mouth is "I resign". Nothing else he has to say is going to be new. We've all watched this same conference over and over again.

MannyFresh
11-30-2009, 03:48 PM
"starts on me"...1

Vinny
11-30-2009, 03:49 PM
Kubiak said that his team should be excited after Dunta's bit hit and should have been focused on the next play. He didn't say he got mad at them...but I assume based on his characterization they engaged in a group hug and shared some Teddy Grahams.

MannyFresh
11-30-2009, 03:49 PM
"gotta worry about me"...2

Vinny
11-30-2009, 03:51 PM
Kubiak said he didn't see a lack of effort on the TD run at the end of the game where 4 guys hit the Colts RB on his way to an easy TD up the middle. Personally, I saw a team quitting on their coach.

redwhiteANDblue
11-30-2009, 03:51 PM
*mumbling in crowd*

*mcclain's forklift shows up*

*mcclain is placed in his seat*

*mcclain's forklift leaves*

*that mexican guy steals the mic*

*mic is replaced by another mexican guy*

*mcclain falls through the floor like that pizza in that one commercial*

*kubiak shows up drunk*

"hey you bunch of silly reporter people *takes a swig* ah! You know what i did? So, this one guy was sitting down and i was... You know what? There was this one kid, about 88 or so, and he was trying to shoot me with a lazer, and i was all like *takes another swig* 'hey! I'll bench you!' and then he was all 'your ass.' so then during halftime..." *kubiak passes out*

lol!!!

MannyFresh
11-30-2009, 03:52 PM
the new phrase is "stay focused"

GP
11-30-2009, 03:53 PM
"It starts with me.." -- Kubiak

"Why couldn't I find the play...to get over the top..." -- Kubiak

"We've lost a lot of games at home this year..." -- Kubiak

"When you have adversity, you get strong or weak. We need some guys to step up..." -- Kubiak

"Have struggled in close games to find a way to get over the top..." -- Kubiak

-------------------

He's leaning on that podium with both arms like he's in for a proctologist visit.

No More 8-8's
Their should be a drinking game in regards to Gary Kubiak press conferences. Take a shot with everytime he says "Those boys" or "Hes a good young football player" or "That was my fault".

Two shots for "Kris Brown is my guy"

Vinny
LOL! He said the team didn't make a lot of mistakes, they just fell short.

TexansSeminole
11-30-2009, 03:55 PM

I thought he was saying that about prior games, but in this game they made alot of mistakes. We've made a ton of mistakes in the last 3 games.

GP
11-30-2009, 03:55 PM
"get over the top" is the new phrase, too.

Vinny
11-30-2009, 03:56 PM

I thought he was saying that about prior games, but in this game they made alot of mistakes. We've made a ton of mistakes in the last 3 games.
That is a HUGE part of the problem. Most coaches are obsessed with the team playing as perfect as they can. Kubiak isn't a taskmaster and he accepts crap play.

MannyFresh
11-30-2009, 03:57 PM
Thats it?!

No More 8-8's
11-30-2009, 03:58 PM
God i love my avatar....it sums up my exact feelings towards Kubiak press conferences

Hervoyel
11-30-2009, 04:00 PM
Thats it?!

That's what I said too. I was like "WTF? He's running away pretty damned fast today".

I think he knows he's done. I don't think anybody has told him that he's done but he has to know that to return they'll need to be perfect from here on out and can any of you imagine the knowledge that your job depended on the Houston Texans playing perfect football for 5 straight games?

I loved the "There's a lot of football to be played" comment.

Not any that friggin matters now Gary!

bckey
11-30-2009, 04:01 PM
They busted their tails.

brakos82
11-30-2009, 04:02 PM
C'mon Kubiak, after the Pats game, go out in a blaze of glory.

GP
Yeah, he had a trap-door built so he can just shoot through the floor of the podium stage. SCHWOOSH! He's gone.

Back to the Bat Cave to figure out how to solve the Riddler's puzzle.

GP
That was the attitude of a coach who knows he's toast.

Buffi2
11-30-2009, 04:06 PM
Kubiak's presser was like the Gov in Best Little Whorehouse in Texas - "Now you see me, now you don't, I've come and gone."

Khari
11-30-2009, 04:10 PM
http://images.chron.com/blogs/fanblogtexans/Loss%20Kubiak%20and%20Schaub.jpg

lol...i like this picture :kitten:

No More 8-8's
11-30-2009, 04:15 PM

I especially love Midget Sage Rosenfels

hookinreds
11-30-2009, 04:23 PM

He was just on his knees trying to get more playing time (one way or another).

utahmark
11-30-2009, 04:24 PM

i'm suprised they got a 3rd for a 3ft qb.

No More 8-8's
11-30-2009, 04:25 PM
He was just on his knees trying to get more playing time (one way or another).

He must have not been very good at it......

Double Barrel
11-30-2009, 04:40 PM

The ONE time we beat the Colts was the year that they won the Super Bowl. We should be a better team than the 2006 Texans that beat the Colts that ONE time.

Kubiak said that his team should be excited after Dunta's bit hit and should have been focused on the next play. He didn't say he got mad at them...but I assume based on his characterization they engaged in a group hug and shared some Teddy Grahams.

lol: mmmmm, Teeeeddy Grahamssss

Kubiak said he didn't see a lack of effort on the TD run at the end of the game where 4 guys hit the Colts RB on his way to an easy TD up the middle. Personally, I saw a team quitting on their coach.

That was pathetic on the part of our D, which makes it even more pathetic to hear an NFL head coach say that he doesn't see it as a lack of effort.

Stick a fork in Kubiak. He's done.

houstonspartan
11-30-2009, 04:40 PM

LOL!!!!

You are wrong for that one!

Pollardized
11-30-2009, 04:49 PM

Hmmmmmm.. I'm thinking my secretary could be a starter for the Texans....

redwhiteANDblue
11-30-2009, 04:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

lol.....

houstonspartan
11-30-2009, 04:54 PM
Seriously, though, based on the look on McNair's face after the game yesterday, I'm positive Gary had a very, very, very bad day today. I'm sure their weekly meeting was not pleasant.

JayCee
11-30-2009, 04:55 PM
man, compare Kubiak's presser with Tomlins latest comments after a tough loss - We will unleash hell in December (http://nflnr.com/2009/11/tomlin-we-will-unleash-hell-in-december/).

Apples and Oranges.

Dishman
11-30-2009, 04:57 PM

I take Kubiak considers 100 penalty yards as progress then? Good God.

False Start
11-30-2009, 05:06 PM
Todays Kubiak show should be interesting.

eriadoc
11-30-2009, 05:07 PM
I take Kubiak considers 100 penalty yards as progress then? Good God.

I'm in no way defending Kubiak at all, but take away the bull**** PI yardage from the Reeves play and how many penalty yards are left? (I haven't looked) And how does that compare to a "good" game, penalty-wise?

This is probably a question that should be asked in a different thread.

False Start
11-30-2009, 05:10 PM
When asked about the int when Schaub was throwing to Andre, he said "the play before that we threw to Walter, correct?" WTH? The guys on the radio knew more than he did about that series. :ok:

beerlover
11-30-2009, 05:15 PM
his voice seems shakey, it's unpleasent to keep drilling the poor guy he's trying his best but like he said "you get tough breaks in this buisness." The team needs to rally behind him, cause nobody else will while he keeps taking the blame for poor preperation, execution & having all the answers as to why it all went wrong.

eriadoc
11-30-2009, 05:17 PM
his voice seems shakey, it's unpleasent to keep drilling the poor guy

I don't honestly see the point of the press conferences. Just let the guy do his job and if he fails, fire him. He's not saying anything at these PCs that is in the least bit enlightening, and all everyone does is ***** about what he's saying (or not saying). I'd refuse to do them, personally. They serve no purpose.

Texans34Life
11-30-2009, 05:18 PM
Why did it feel like I was watching Dom Capers?

brakos82
11-30-2009, 05:19 PM
Did he have his white hat on?

False Start
11-30-2009, 05:21 PM

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/capers.jpg

Look familiar?

houstonspartan
11-30-2009, 05:22 PM
his voice seems shakey, it's unpleasent to keep drilling the poor guy he's trying his best but like he said "you get tough breaks in this buisness." The team needs to rally behind him, cause nobody else will while he keeps taking the blame for poor preperation, execution & having all the answers as to why it all went wrong.

Last week, Denver was in the middle of a major slide. The players held a PLAYERS ONLY meeting, rallied, and kicked butt their next game. I told someone then that Matt (or Andre) needed to do the same thing last week. After being embarrassed on Monday night, these players should have had an emergency meeting with JUST them.

Having said all of that, I really, really, really like Kubes. A lot. But he is just not producing. It's not like the fan base and media has suddenly turned on him. The ONE thing every single Texan fan can agree on is this: We like Gary.

Everybody does. He's a great guy. But as a coach, he has some things he needs to work on.

houstonspartan
11-30-2009, 05:23 PM
When asked about the int when Schaub was throwing to Andre, he said "the play before that we threw to Walter, correct?" WTH? The guys on the radio knew more than he did about that series. :ok:

Eh. That doesn't bother me. He was just making sure he knew exactly what they were referring to before he answered the question.

Hervoyel
11-30-2009, 05:24 PM

Double Face-Palm FTW! Kubiak's face palm with a Denny's breakfast menu for added "flair" will go down beside Dom Capers "Billy Bass Fish Face" in Texans history.

False Start
11-30-2009, 05:26 PM
Eh. That doesn't bother me. He was just making sure he knew exactly what they were referring to before he answered the question.

Yeah, you may be right. I just want him gone so I'm nitpicking, lol. :cool:

Brisco_County
11-30-2009, 05:37 PM
I don't honestly see the point of the press conferences. Just let the guy do his job and if he fails, fire him. He's not saying anything at these PCs that is in the least bit enlightening, and all everyone does is ***** about what he's saying (or not saying). I'd refuse to do them, personally. They serve no purpose.

Exactly. There's no substance to these conferences. If a coach says the obvious, he looks stupid. If he's ambiguous, he seems less stupid but out of touch. It's a no-win for anyone.

houstonspartan
11-30-2009, 05:44 PM
Exactly. There's no substance to these conferences. If a coach says the obvious, he looks stupid. If he's ambiguous, he seems less stupid but out of touch. It's a no-win for anyone.

Well, but hold up for a second. These press conferences are standard throughout the NFL, and I don't see anything wrong with them. I think the only reason we're questioning them now is because Kubiak is not providing much insight.

The press conferences are a way for the coaches to appear accountable to the fans, in a sense. And, it's a way to get all of the media inquires out of the way in one fell swoop, instead of answering phone calls from 50 different reporters working on game stories during the week.

CloakNNNdagger
11-30-2009, 05:45 PM

scratch that.

beerlover
11-30-2009, 05:49 PM
Everybody does. He's a great guy. But as a coach, he has some things he needs to work on.

then the question is a simple one, does he deserve more time to work on these things?

euro-Texan
11-30-2009, 05:55 PM
man, compare Kubiak's presser with Tomlins latest comments after a tough loss - We will unleash hell in December (http://nflnr.com/2009/11/tomlin-we-will-unleash-hell-in-december/).

Apples and Oranges.

I liked how Tony Dungy would rip his shirt off screaming at the top of his lungs, like the guy in 300. Come on! We need a coach not a cheerleader.

eriadoc
11-30-2009, 06:01 PM
Well, but hold up for a second. These press conferences are standard throughout the NFL, and I don't see anything wrong with them. I think the only reason we're questioning them now is because Kubiak is not providing much insight.

None of the coaches do. There's a reason the word "coachspeak" was coined. Maybe the intention of the PCs is for the coaches to answer questions, but in reality, all 32 coaches keep things close to the vest and say a bunch of nothing. We fans in this city are no different than fans in other cities when it comes to losing coaches giving PCs. It's a no-win situation.

Personally, I'd rather he be in his office figuring out how to fix things than wasting time saying a bunch of nothing to people that are just going to ***** about it anyway.

cardiactgaters
11-30-2009, 06:21 PM
:brickwall:

GuerillaBlack
11-30-2009, 06:41 PM
Bye Kubiak.

MannyFresh
11-30-2009, 06:43 PM
then the question is a simple one, does he deserve more time to work on these things?

Four years isn't enough...and during that four years not progressing but the same record for what may be 3 years in a row now?

Question is: with no real news about whether Kubiak is in the hotseat since McNair hasn't said one thing but show his stone face mug on TV, are we now being held hostage by this organization to accept this?

houstonspartan
11-30-2009, 07:01 PM
Four years isn't enough...and during that four years not progressing but the same record for what may be 3 years in a row now?

Question is: with no real news about whether Kubiak is in the hotseat since McNair hasn't said one thing but show his stone face mug on TV, are we now being held hostage by this organization to accept this?

Held hostage? What in the world are you talking about? LOL.

We still have six weeks to go in the season. Odds are that Kubiak, if he is fired, won't be canned until the end of the season.

MannyFresh
11-30-2009, 07:03 PM
Held hostage? What in the world are you talking about? LOL.

We still have six weeks to go in the season. Odds are that Kubiak, if he is fired, won't be canned until the end of the season.

Probably the rum and coke talking....

GP
11-30-2009, 07:11 PM
This PC was weird.

It was Kubiak speaking softly, not getting testy with anybody.

The reporters were lobbing meat pitches to him, asking him about players' "feelings" and all sorts of squishy B.S.

It's like they all had one of those group therapy moments, where we make eye contact and affirm one another's worth and value.

As if the reporters just felt sorry for the guy. Trying to go easy on him.

As if they were all saying their final goodbyes to the good captain as the ship begins to tilt upward and make its final plunge downward.

All that was missing was the little girl with the Texans jersey, reaching out and giving Kubiak her Toro stuffed animal; a tear rolling down both their eyes and one last smile to each other. A quick embrace, and her mother whisking her to the lifeboat. Camera shot pulls away and Kubiak fades into the distance.

Fade to black.

Roll the credits...

Dishman
11-30-2009, 08:08 PM
I'm in no way defending Kubiak at all, but take away the bull**** PI yardage from the Reeves play and how many penalty yards are left? (I haven't looked) And how does that compare to a "good" game, penalty-wise?

This is probably a question that should be asked in a different thread.

Maybe you are right and it is a question for another thread, but this team does not play mistake-free football. They never have. There seems to be a BS penalty in every game, but the Texans can never make up for it or hold their ground. I refuse to believe the team loses the games they do because they are saddled with a crap penalty during the game. There's more to it than that, but I guess it's whatever Kubiak can hang his hat on each week.

Btw, it was 10 penalties for 129 yds. The Colts had 3 for 25 yds.

Big Lou
11-30-2009, 11:15 PM

The problem was giving us any shred of hope by going up 14 in the first quarter. This team needs to learn to put it's foot on the other teams throat when it has them down early!!!

Big Lou
11-30-2009, 11:22 PM
yeah I have heard that one before.....

I'm the first one to jump on the idots in black and white, but this loss wasn't called as bad as most. This team needs to overcome **** calls. Although I would send the tape in for the Reeves Pass Int. call, and Mario grew a handle he was held so much. Either Dumbledorf or Gumballs made some comment about Indy's O-Line bieng designed to Pass Block, hell our O-Line could give anyone 5 or 6 seconds if they could hold like the Horse Shoes!!!!

As much as I hate the Titans I think I hate the Colts more, yeh they are an elite team, but they're so damn lucky sometimes, thier logo really does fit. I wish Cushing hits Manning so hard next year he retires from fear.

I guess it's just the bitterness, anger and Coors talking. I'm rambling, I'll shut up now.......

TimeKiller
12-01-2009, 07:37 AM
Okay let's begin the press conference!

First Reporter Everytime: Coach, how do you feel about this loss/win?

Kubiak: Well, I don't feel to good about losing./Well, I think we played a heck of a game.

OH

MY

GOD

Oh yea, and what do you say to fans who are losing interest? "Oh I don't have any magic words or anything..."

So...apparently what we need are a few magicians on the team. I mean at least then if they jack up a receiver there will be something to celebrate about.

nunusguy
12-01-2009, 07:55 AM
I can't help but feel for Kubiak because he's a genuinely nice guy by all accounts and this is his hometown and he has real feelings about the city.
And nobody likes to see another man lose his job, but on the other hand it's not like he's your average smuck in this economy with dependants and a big mortgage and no savings making 50, 60 grand annually whatever who gets canned. Yea, you got it I've been there.
In Kubiaks case he's a multimillionare probably free of debt who will most likely will be employed as an OC on another NFL team by the end of the upcoming offseason if he loses this job. So the only relevant question here is can he take this team to the playoffs or rather does Bob McNair think he can take this team to the playoffs ?

Mr. White
12-01-2009, 08:10 AM
I'm really wondering how much of an OC he was in Denver.

It sure seems like he's learning offensive playcalling on the job here. He has shown zero ability to adjust in games or to counter-adjust when DC's make adjustments.

And no, I don't buy that Kyle Shanahan is calling any plays here.

No More 8-8's
12-01-2009, 08:14 AM
If i remember correctly on the Gary Kubiak Show on 610, that he said he is involved in every single offensive playcalling, so obviously Shanahan doesnt have full reighn yet.

Mr. White
12-01-2009, 08:17 AM
If i remember correctly on the Gary Kubiak Show on 610, that he said he is involved in every single offensive playcalling, so obviously Shanahan doesnt have full reighn yet.

And that's my point. I don't think Kubiak is focused on the big picture. He's too busy micro-managing the offense.

Hence the "Denny's menu."

Kaiser Toro
12-01-2009, 08:30 AM
At Denny's, no one runs out of time.

HOU-TEX
12-01-2009, 08:36 AM
Last week, Denver was in the middle of a major slide. The players held a PLAYERS ONLY meeting, rallied, and kicked butt their next game. I told someone then that Matt (or Andre) needed to do the same thing last week. After being embarrassed on Monday night, these players should have had an emergency meeting with JUST them.

Having said all of that, I really, really, really like Kubes. A lot. But he is just not producing. It's not like the fan base and media has suddenly turned on him. The ONE thing every single Texan fan can agree on is this: We like Gary.

That was Brian Dawkins that called the meeting. We most definitely DO NOT have a beast-like veteran like Dawkins that knows what's up.

This PC was very somber to say the least. The fat lady's warming up her pipes.

TexansBlood
12-01-2009, 12:49 PM
Gary Kubiak is so nice and polite and always takes the blame, it resembles the Texans SOFT!!! You are what your coach is.

Yankee_In_TX
12-01-2009, 01:00 PM
Hasnayone actually invented the Kubiak drinking game or Kubiak bingo?

HOU-TEX
12-01-2009, 01:06 PM
Hasnayone actually invented the Kubiak drinking game or Kubiak bingo?

Back in the day we played a game called "Bob". Every time they said "Bob during the show you had to drink. We could watch a Kubiak PC and do the same thing with "kid"? Or "it's on me"?

hollywood_texan
12-01-2009, 01:10 PM
At Denny's, no one runs out of time.

Just in case someone doesn't understand the reference...

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i15/hollywood_texan/garydennys.jpg

Pantherstang84
12-01-2009, 01:11 PM
Just in case someone doesn't understand the reference...

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i15/hollywood_texan/garydennys.jpg

I wonder why Kubiak is the only coach in the NFL that carries one of those play sheets around?