PDA

View Full Version : Are we really that bad off?!

Imatexanfan
11-30-2009, 12:58 PM
"We" only know that the Texans are as good as their record is and that's 5-6. The local media keeps telling us that the Texans are better than their 5-6 record, but in the end you're only as good as your record is. That means that they're below mediocre and seems like that's okay with Bob. What a joke of a franchise.

You really can't use an NFL record as an indicator of improvement because the teams that you play change from year to year. One 8-8 year could be much better than another 8-8 year even though the record appears the same. The only way to truly judge a team is by looking at the one constant; division record.

Since Gary has been the head coach this team has never had a winning record within the division, they have never challenged to win the division, and they don't look like they are really ready to take the step to win the division next season. If you want to see where you are going then you have to look at where you have been. What realistically would make you feel that this team is going to have different results next season?:mcnugget:

Ryan
11-30-2009, 01:04 PM
I really have no clue what you're saying.

Imatexanfan
11-30-2009, 01:11 PM
I mean is it safe to say that if you aren't competitive in your division your playoffs hopes will be flimsy year in and year out? I think so. As much as I hate to say it, with Vince back as the starter it looks like the Titans will be better than the Texans going into next year. In a division with Peyton Manning the Texans don't have a solid pass rush or secondary. In a division with the Titans and Jags the Texans have a line that is undersized on both sides of the ball. Where is the logic behind these coaching strategies? Has the idea to bring in small quick linemen to run a zone blocking scheme panned out?

The team is up two touchdowns at home and I'm sitting there feeling like they are going to find a way to lose the game. Why? Because that is what this coaching staff has shown me, and it proved me right again. This team can't close. This staff can't close. Thankfully, Bob looked pissed yesterday and I'm hopeful that he remains that way for the rest of the season. I almost want them to lose the rest of the games just to ensure that Gary is gone, but after the pass two games that may be a far gone conclusion. Time to start draft watching... again. By the way, Larry Johnson only had 107 yards yesterday with a 4.9 average per carry, but I'm sure he is too washed up to help the Texans more than Chris Brown. No need in having interest in him right....
:fans:

badboy
11-30-2009, 01:39 PM
"We" only know that the Texans are as good as their record is and that's 5-6. The local media keeps telling us that the Texans are better than their 5-6 record, but in the end you're only as good as your record is. That means that they're below mediocre and seems like that's okay with Bob. What a joke of a franchise.

You really can't use an NFL record as an indicator of improvement because the teams that you play change from year to year. One 8-8 year could be much better than another 8-8 year even though the record appears the same. The only way to truly judge a team is by looking at the one constant; division record.

Since Gary has been the head coach this team has never had a winning record within the division, they have never challenged to win the division, and they don't look like they are really ready to take the step to win the division next season. If you want to see where you are going then you have to look at where you have been. What realistically would make you feel that this team is going to have different results next season?:mcnugget:I look at what type players we now have and what we should logically be able to add in the next draft. Free agency is a crap shoot and we have been all over the board with those players. I am a Kubiac/Smith fan but am very disappointed. Prior to the first Colts game, I posted it would be better for psychology of team to lose the game in Indy and come out of the bye more healthy with a solid win for confidence over Titans, then a win over Colts in Reliant. I went on to predict 12-4 as I thought Texans would win out. I don't mind the losing as it is not soley about the Ws for me. I want to see good ball.

Offense looked a bit ragged at first of season but then was clipping along and many of us said "if the defense could just improve a bit, we'd win a lot of games, because no one could shut down the O." Well, that was sort of correct because no other team has beat us since my prediction. We did it to ourselves. I am sick of hearing how Manning's heroics pulled them into another come from behind victory. Hogwash! A team does not often go from playing near perfect to slap stick comedy from one half to the other. IMO, it is a coach issue. I can see a team getting a TD against them and then begin to look over their shoulders, but this team habitually loses focus and falls apart. That screams "coaching" to me.