PDA

View Full Version : Sky is Not Falling

S4DF
11-30-2009, 01:22 PM
Colts fan here to tell you, the sky is not falling on the Texans yet.

You're still a dangerous team and I feel damn lucky that the Colts came away with a win yesterday. Additionally, there were plenty of people at coltfreaks that expected yesterday would be our first loss, and I'm glad we don't have to play the Texans three times.

The ball needs to get to Andre Johnson more often and the Texans do need a better QB. Schaub isn't bad- far from it, it's just that in order to compete in a division with Peyton Manning, you need a QB who can run the clock down PASSING the ball. Any great run team can turn a 17-point lead into a win, but it's awfully hard to be a great running team in today's NFL. The result is, teams with the elite QB's will be the perennial powerhouses.

Schaub is good. He's in the upper half of the league, and I think he'd go deep into the playoffs with a supporting cast like Favre has in Minnesota, but it would take a decade of really lucky drafting for Houston to go on a run with Schaub. I don't blame him AT ALL for yesterday's implosion, but I'm just saying, Andre Johnson could be a ton scarier with a better QB.

The Texans do have a lot to be thankful for
-Mario still has room to improve, and he's already a stud
-Cushing was a great pick
-Slaton will be a solid back
-Andre Johnson is elite
-The pass defense is shaky, but far from terrible, they just couldn't put 4 quarters together yesterday

Good luck the rest of the season. It's never too late to win out, and if you do that, you've always got a chance.

-swing

Vinny
11-30-2009, 01:24 PM
We know this stuff but if you were 1-15 against us (I won't mention never having a winning season after playing aprox 120 NFL games) we'd find your fans a little grumbly...ya think?

SICLICK
11-30-2009, 01:26 PM
"Colts fan here to tell you, the sky is not falling on the Texans yet."

No its not ....It fell long ago.

Pantherstang84
11-30-2009, 01:28 PM
I think these Colts fans come here to try and cheer us up for selfish reasons. Hell they don't want us to get any better. Why would they?

So they come here and say, " Cheer up guys. You have the makings of a great football team."

Duh! In the eyes of a Colts fan we have a great team. Give me a break.

Imatexanfan
11-30-2009, 01:32 PM
The fact that the Colts have seven 11-0 seasons and that we are 1-15 against them I could care less what a Colts fan thinks of us right now it's just making matters worse.:roast:

Second Honeymoon
11-30-2009, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the condolensces. Yes, the Colts have had our number, blah blah blah but I say this to you.

You better rue the day that Peyton Manning retires because its gonna be payback time for a decade plus of oppression. It's easy to win when you have Peyton at QB. Just wait until you have to try and win without him. You should feel lucky that your city stole a franchise that was going to get such a great player one day. You were 1-15 before Peyton and your gonna be 1-15 after Peyton. Appreciate the good word, but get over yourself.

HJam72
11-30-2009, 01:42 PM
I think these Colts fans come here to try and cheer us up for selfish reasons. Hell they don't want us to get any better. Why would they?

So they come here and say, " Cheer up guys. You have the makings of a great football team."

I think they had some hard years before Payton Manning and they realize what it feels like.

brakos82
11-30-2009, 01:46 PM
:francis:

bckey
11-30-2009, 03:05 PM
We know this stuff but if you were 1-15 against us (I won't mention never having a winning season after playing aprox 120 NFL games) we'd find your fans a little grumbly...ya think?

I usually make a couple of games every year. I finally got to go to a game this year and I had to witness that mess of a game yesterday. It costs alot in gas, food and lodging plus tickets and parking. I'm not going back anymore until Kubiak is gone and a proven winner is brought in here. I would rather sit at home and watch redzone in HD than spend my sundays watching the Texans blow game after game after game. I will always be a fan but I'm not putting any more money into this mess. I don't even want Kubiak next year no matter if they win out. The pressure is off now and the Texans are not going to the playoffs. I don't doubt they start winning now because there is nothing to play for. Sure they are mathmatically alive. We play 4 crappy teams and one really good team so it is possible to win out. But who believes they make the playoffs even if they win out?

MannyFresh
11-30-2009, 03:42 PM
I usually make a couple of games every year. I finally got to go to a game this year and I had to witness that mess of a game yesterday. It costs alot in gas, food and lodging plus tickets and parking. I'm not going back anymore until Kubiak is gone and a proven winner is brought in here. I would rather sit at home and watch redzone in HD than spend my sundays watching the Texans blow game after game after game. I will always be a fan but I'm not putting any more money into this mess. I don't even want Kubiak next year no matter if they win out. The pressure is off now and the Texans are not going to the playoffs. I don't doubt they start winning now because there is nothing to play for. Sure they are mathmatically alive. We play 4 crappy teams and one really good team so it is possible to win out. But who believes they make the playoffs even if they win out?

A lot of people feel your sentiment and I feel the same way with the drive time plus the food and drink whether it be inside or tailgate...next home game though is Battle Bag Day...so wear your brown paper bags.

S4DF
11-30-2009, 03:51 PM

Yeah, that OR we come off another close win and let out a sigh of relief and after that big WHEW, we feel like commending an opposing team for a hard fought game.

How exactly does my posting about this perpetuate the Colts' dominance over the Texans?

Look, there are some teams that you love to beat and then rub it in their eye (Cheatriots, Faguars, Cowboys) and there are plenty other teams that you don't mind chatting civilly with their fans (Texans, Titans, Cardinals).

S4DF
11-30-2009, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the condolensces. Yes, the Colts have had our number, blah blah blah but I say this to you.

You better rue the day that Peyton Manning retires because its gonna be payback time for a decade plus of oppression. It's easy to win when you have Peyton at QB. Just wait until you have to try and win without him. You should feel lucky that your city stole a franchise that was going to get such a great player one day. You were 1-15 before Peyton and your gonna be 1-15 after Peyton. Appreciate the good word, but get over yourself.

Do you really think we don't know what it's like to be Colts fans without Peyton Manning on the Colts? How old are you?

brakos82
11-30-2009, 03:55 PM
Do you really think we don't know what it's like to be Colts fans without Peyton Manning on the Colts? How old are you?

We've been wondering that since VY came out of the clos... er... draft.

BY1401
11-30-2009, 04:51 PM
I think they had some hard years before Payton Manning and they realize what it feels like.

This.

I remember what it was like being in the same division with the likes of Marino and Kelly. It sucked.

And for what it's worth, I wish nothing but the best for the Texans' last five games of the season. I'd much rather see them run the table and have a shot at a wildcard spot than the Titans.

Second Honeymoon
11-30-2009, 05:55 PM
We've been wondering that since VY came out of the clos... er... draft.

good one. how is that crow tasting? thought so.

hatin' on me for being right and objective about things....hate away

Thorn
11-30-2009, 06:23 PM
I hate this part of the season. We aren't going to the playoffs and it's to soon to start talking about the draft. Unless we experiment with some new starters (or a new head coach :) ) what happens in Jacksonville means nothing, but I'll still be watching anyway.

Man, this time of the year sucks. When the hell are we finally going to compete?

Giant Tiger
11-30-2009, 11:22 PM
Yeah, that OR we come off another close win and let out a sigh of relief and after that big WHEW, we feel like commending an opposing team for a hard fought game.

How exactly does my posting about this perpetuate the Colts' dominance over the Texans?

Look, there are some teams that you love to beat and then rub it in their eye (Cheatriots, Faguars, Cowboys) and there are plenty other teams that you don't mind chatting civilly with their fans (Texans, Titans, Cardinals).

You weren't saying "whew". We all knew what was going to happen when we weren't getting TD's at the end of the 1st half. You knew it, too. It pisses me off when Colts' fans say we're improving & don't worry, "we're pulling for you", when you're 15-1 against us. I'd rather lose 285-0 than the way we lost those 2 games. No sense blaming Rosenfels for last year's loss; it'll happen next year, too. I liked the Colts in Super Bowl V. Now I just want you guys to go away.

Norg
11-30-2009, 11:53 PM
u need a great QB

then in the past how did yall let

Tenn VY and Collins

and

Jags David garred beat yalll

I tell u how out physical yall and run the ball down yall mouths

SAMURAITEXAN
12-01-2009, 12:50 AM
You've got to realize how frustrated we are at the moment. You'd probably did this in good intetion however, we need some time to put ourselves together(at least I am). So, thanks but no thanks.

Vinny
12-01-2009, 01:03 AM
I hate this part of the season. We aren't going to the playoffs and it's to soon to start talking about the draft. Unless we experiment with some new starters (or a new head coach :) ) what happens in Jacksonville means nothing, but I'll still be watching anyway.

Man, this time of the year sucks. When the hell are we finally going to compete?At this rate it looks like you are gonna be in your 60's and I'll be in my 50's. That sounds like a joke at first glance, but if I say it slowly a few times in a row I can't seem to find the punch line.

DerekLee1
12-01-2009, 01:13 AM
This.

I remember what it was like being in the same division with the likes of Marino and Kelly. It sucked.

And for what it's worth, I wish nothing but the best for the Texans' last five games of the season. I'd much rather see them run the table and have a shot at a wildcard spot than the Titans.

:toast2: Colts fan or not; here's a beer to you for THAT one!

Thorn
12-01-2009, 08:29 AM
At this rate it looks like you are gonna be in your 60's and I'll be in my 50's. That sounds like a joke at first glance, but if I say it slowly a few times in a row I can't seem to find the punch line.

I really shouldn't be laughing at that, but I am.

Well, the ole Houston rallying cry "Maybe next year!" comes to mind right about now. I wonder how long it's going to be before the first threads show up about how we're making the playoffs next year. I probably shouldn't make fun of that, 'cause I'll be posting in them. LOL

HOU-TEX
12-01-2009, 09:46 AM
The sky fell the week after our bye week. A huge freakin bird must have fell with it and nailed me on the head, cuz It's hurt like hell since then.

Texan_Bill
12-01-2009, 09:48 AM
The sky fell the week after our bye week. A huge freakin bird must have fell with it and nailed me on the head, cuz It's hurt like hell since then.

That's called a hangover. :drunk:

HOU-TEX
12-01-2009, 09:50 AM
That's called a hangover. :drunk:

That could be true. This team has definitely driven me to drinking......more.

An 8 year hangover can't be good for your body.

SAMURAITEXAN
12-01-2009, 10:03 AM
I really shouldn't be laughing at that, but I am.

Well, the ole Houston rallying cry "Maybe next year!" comes to mind right about now. I wonder how long it's going to be before the first threads show up about how we're making the playoffs next year. I probably shouldn't make fun of that, 'cause I'll be posting in them. LOL

Should I start the first thread now? (-。-)y―・~~

Go Texans!!!

Texan_Bill
12-01-2009, 10:03 AM
That could be true. This team has definitely driven me to drinking......more.

An 8 year hangover can't be good for your body.

It's not. I'm walking proof that an 8 year hangover ain't good.

Hervoyel
12-01-2009, 11:48 AM

I know you mean well but sometimes it's better to know when to just go away. Nothing you can say or do is going to make anyone here feel any better. In fact, despite the fact that you are polite and well behaved you're still Colts Fan and that's the last person in the world anyone here wants to talk to right now.