PDA

View Full Version : Sexay Rex and Dan O

Norg
11-29-2009, 06:29 PM
When is it time to play plan number B or C ?????

Norg
11-29-2009, 06:30 PM
When is it time to play Rex or Dan o ????

PapaL
11-29-2009, 06:30 PM
This is why at times I hate this board.

DiehardChris
11-29-2009, 06:31 PM
When Schaub is the one costing us games? Today was a total team collapse. Do you really think either of those other two jokers give us a better chance to win?

DerekLee1
11-29-2009, 06:32 PM
When is it time to play Rex or Dan o ????

Gawd. Hopefully NEVER.

Txn_in_Oki
11-29-2009, 06:38 PM

Props to you sir.

ArlingtonTexan
11-29-2009, 06:39 PM
No and No.

DerekLee1
11-29-2009, 06:41 PM
Maybe when Schaub's right AND left arms are ripped from their sockets?

Big Lou
11-29-2009, 08:39 PM
Maybe when Schaub's right AND left arms are ripped from their sockets?

Which by the way probably wouldn't draw a flag!!!

JDizzle
11-29-2009, 08:49 PM
When is it time to play plan number B or C ?????

The same time that the letters B and C become numbers rather than letters.

Jackie Chiles
11-29-2009, 09:07 PM
I wonder how long Dan Orlovsky is going to last if we switch regimes. He has a chance to be the first guy they cut.

Corrosion
11-29-2009, 09:08 PM
This thread fails.

Goatcheese
11-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Let me make sure I understand this. Schaub is one of the most prolific passers in the NFL this season, with a +9 TO margin and it's time to bring in Dan "Safety Dance" Orlovsky, and Rex "I love throwing into triple coverage" Grossman.

Am I understanding this right?

m5kwatts
11-29-2009, 09:18 PM
This thread reflects poorly on Texans Talk

bah007
11-29-2009, 09:30 PM
I think you should have to pass a test that determines you have basic football knowledge (being able to spell players' names doesn't count) before you are allowed to post here but that's just me...

redwhiteANDblue
11-29-2009, 09:35 PM
Wait I thought Rex Grossman was good. Can someone educate me? Didn't Rex lead the Bears to the super bowl??

Esoom
11-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Wait I thought Rex Grossman was good. Can someone educate me? Didn't Rex lead the Bears to the super bowl??

Hard to tell if this is sarcasm or not. If it is I'm sorry, but Brian Urlacher and the defense led the Bears to the Super Bowl despite Rex's best efforts to the contrary.

redwhiteANDblue
11-29-2009, 09:45 PM
Hard to tell if this is sarcasm or not. If it is I'm sorry, but Brian Urlacher and the defense led the Bears to the Super Bowl despite Rex's best efforts to the contrary.

Oh ok thanks, it wasn't sarcasm by the way.

Norg
11-29-2009, 09:47 PM
i was going to make a poll but screwed up some how

Send in the backup even if Scahub throws 3 picks for the Jags game and 3 picks for the Sea hawks game

not even then ?????

What if schaub is nicked up u wouldnt think about it then

Maybe not for the Jax and Seahawk game

But once we are math o maticly out of the PS maybe switch some stuff up

bah007
11-29-2009, 09:50 PM

The year the Bears went to the Super Bowl Grossman threw 23 TDs and 20 INTs while completing less than 55% of his passes.

Norg
11-29-2009, 09:56 PM
agian i was just maybe thinking seeing what we have for the future maybe we can catch lighting in a bottle and get lucky

I would send Rex in first roll the dice and see what happens

TheIronDuke
11-29-2009, 10:02 PM
i was going to make a poll but screwed up some how

Send in the backup even if Scahub throws 3 picks for the Jags game and 3 picks for the Sea hawks game

not even then ?????

What if schaub is nicked up u wouldnt think about it then

Maybe not for the Jax and Seahawk game

But once we are math o maticly out of the PS maybe switch some stuff up

Are you by any chance related to imatexanfan and slatonisabeast? That would explain a lot.

TheIronDuke
11-29-2009, 10:04 PM
agian i was just maybe thinking seeing what we have for the future maybe we can catch lighting in a bottle and get lucky

I would send Rex in first roll the dice and see what happens

Right, since Schaub is YOUNGER than Rex.

Anyways, I thought you were interviewing for the Browns job Casserly. This board's for Texans fans dude.

Norg
11-29-2009, 10:09 PM
Right, since Schaub is YOUNGER than Rex.

Anyways, I thought you were interviewing for the Browns job Casserly. This board's for Texans fans dude.

Age has nothing to do with it at this point

iam just saying maybe send in rex if Matt is playing extremly poorly like throwing 5 picks

and have rex and a very short lease with Dan O standing bye

The Cush
11-29-2009, 10:26 PM
Man I was thinking today about making the permanent switch to here from the texans board over at "cfans.net" to get away from all the uneducated Schaub hate and this is the first thread i read tonight...

Norg
11-29-2009, 10:32 PM
so scahub throws 3 picks for the jags game

5 picks for the seahawks game

benching him would not even cross your mind ???

Vinny
11-29-2009, 10:38 PM
Man I was thinking today about making the permanent switch to here from the texans board over at "cfans.net" to get away from all the uneducated Schaub hate and this is the first thread i read tonight...adios pards. Can you leave all 8 of your posts with us? :tiphat:

datchapin
11-30-2009, 11:41 AM
I got your back Norg.

Alot of ppl support Schaub based on his #'s and team. I support him for the latter. However I'm not turning a blind eye to this dudes flaws. Yesterday at the Colts game I was at the Churrascos thing before the game and I ended up at a table with Colts fans. I told them this and hated myself as I said it. Why, because they were talking well about Schaub. I had to tell them Schaub throws into double or triple coverage at least once a game, has a WTF throw and usually throws a pick. After the game I was still disappointed as hell even though I said that. Because you know what, I wanna see a winner out on the field. 3 yrs. that's how long Schaub's been here. Not once have I seen anything out of Schaub that makes me think he could lead us to the playoffs. The Green Bay game came to late to convince me.

On Dan O. no, I don't think I'd want to see him in there. He's too much of a liability. I don't even know why we picked him up.

Grossman.... yes, I would like to see him get a shot. Why?

Look at Chicago. They have not had a decent QB since Smith has been there. Now Kile Orton is doing well in Denver and Cutler... once considered a franchise QB is doing horrible out there. I think he's thrown more picks than Grossman had at this point in the season. Using that logic Chicago is not a QB friendly system. We've all seen that Grossman under those conditions has shown flashes of what he's capable of. Now he's under the tutolage of a "QB guru" in Kubiak. I remember Grossman's limited time in pre-season left me impressed. 87 yd. bomb to Jacoby and an absolute bullet into the endzone to Thor. Getting hurt his first game I can't really gauge that performance. However Grossman has better tools than Schaub. Schaub may put up stats, but he's not taking us anywhere. If Schaub has another poor performance then yes. I say put in Grossman.

What's the worst Grossman can do? Loose us a shot at the playoffs? This argument wouldn't be happening if Schaub was able to lead us to the playoffs.

bah007
11-30-2009, 01:05 PM
I got your back Norg.

Alot of ppl support Schaub based on his #'s and team. I support him for the latter. However I'm not turning a blind eye to this dudes flaws. Yesterday at the Colts game I was at the Churrascos thing before the game and I ended up at a table with Colts fans. I told them this and hated myself as I said it. Why, because they were talking well about Schaub. I had to tell them Schaub throws into double or triple coverage at least once a game, has a WTF throw and usually throws a pick. After the game I was still disappointed as hell even though I said that. Because you know what, I wanna see a winner out on the field. 3 yrs. that's how long Schaub's been here. Not once have I seen anything out of Schaub that makes me think he could lead us to the playoffs. The Green Bay game came to late to convince me.

On Dan O. no, I don't think I'd want to see him in there. He's too much of a liability. I don't even know why we picked him up.

Grossman.... yes, I would like to see him get a shot. Why?

Look at Chicago. They have not had a decent QB since Smith has been there. Now Kile Orton is doing well in Denver and Cutler... once considered a franchise QB is doing horrible out there. I think he's thrown more picks than Grossman had at this point in the season. Using that logic Chicago is not a QB friendly system. We've all seen that Grossman under those conditions has shown flashes of what he's capable of. Now he's under the tutolage of a "QB guru" in Kubiak. I remember Grossman's limited time in pre-season left me impressed. 87 yd. bomb to Jacoby and an absolute bullet into the endzone to Thor. Getting hurt his first game I can't really gauge that performance. However Grossman has better tools than Schaub. Schaub may put up stats, but he's not taking us anywhere. If Schaub has another poor performance then yes. I say put in Grossman.

What's the worst Grossman can do? Loose us a shot at the playoffs? This argument wouldn't be happening if Schaub was able to lead us to the playoffs.

Maybe, just maybe, our QB isn't the only thing holding us back from making the playoffs...

As impossible as it may seem to some of you, it is very likely that this team has a number of flaws and replacing one person isn't going to change everything that is wrong with this team.

utahmark
11-30-2009, 01:11 PM
was'nt he a superbowl qb last week?

Imatexanfan
11-30-2009, 01:14 PM
The Texans need to give Rex Grossman a shot next week against JAX. Stuff the fantasy stat garbage. Matt Schaub is not playing four quarters of football. Three consecutive games, three close and critical contests, three losses. Schaub plays progressively worse as the stakes get higher and the game gets tighter.

The Texans have scored two touchdowns in the last three fourth quarters. One of those touchdowns occurred two seconds into the fourth quarter of that Indianapolis game three weeks ago and was actually the culmination of a long third quarter drive. The other occurred this afternoon and was a result of Indianapolis playing a very generous zone defense.
:wild:

bah007
11-30-2009, 01:24 PM
The Texans need to give Rex Grossman a shot next week against JAX. Stuff the fantasy stat garbage. Matt Schaub is not playing four quarters of football. Three consecutive games, three close and critical contests, three losses. Schaub plays progressively worse as the stakes get higher and the game gets tighter.

The Texans have scored two touchdowns in the last three fourth quarters. One of those touchdowns occurred two seconds into the fourth quarter of that Indianapolis game three weeks ago and was actually the culmination of a long third quarter drive. The other occurred this afternoon and was a result of Indianapolis playing a very generous zone defense.
:wild:

So it looks like you are arguing that Matt is inefficient and inconsistent.

So we are going to pull him and replace him with a guy who has a career efficiency rating lower than Quincy Carter's and in his only season as a starter had a 4 INT game and four 3 INT games?

Imatexanfan
11-30-2009, 01:28 PM
I mean nothing but stalled drives, sacks, and turnovers from numero ocho in the fourth quarter. That is not how great quarterbacks (or even good quarterbacks) perform in close games.

I don't know if Rex Grossman has what it takes to end this offense's late game execution woes. I do know that Matt Schaub is not getting the job done and that Grossman has made the playoffs and the Super Bowl with a lot fewer offensive weapons than what the Texans have. Also never underestimate the impact of a change at quarterback can have on the psyche of a struggling team. The Titans made a much needed change at the quarterback position a month and a half ago. Seems to have worked out well for them.

Texan_Bill
11-30-2009, 01:31 PM

QFT! Same here. :brickwall:

bah007
11-30-2009, 01:35 PM
I mean nothing but stalled drives, sacks, and turnovers from numero ocho in the fourth quarter. That is not how great quarterbacks (or even good quarterbacks) perform in close games.

I don't know if Rex Grossman has what it takes to end this offense's late game execution woes. I do know that Matt Schaub is not getting the job done and that Grossman has made the playoffs and the Super Bowl with a lot fewer offensive weapons than what the Texans have. Also never underestimate the impact of a change at quarterback can have on the psyche of a struggling team. The Titans made a much needed change at the quarterback position a month and a half ago. Seems to have worked out well for them.

Grossman was a big contributor to the offensive problems in Chicago, not the other way around.

TheRealJoker
11-30-2009, 01:37 PM
Bottomline is, when our O became one dimensional the Colts started playing like the 1st ranked defense in points allowed again. We abandoned the running game and it allowed them to do what they do best which is get after the QB and force mistakes.

datchapin
11-30-2009, 02:33 PM
Grossman was a big contributor to the offensive problems in Chicago, not the other way around.

And now Cutler took his place. The same Cutler who everyone considered an elite QB before the trade. Orton wasn't helping much either, but now he's leading a winning Broncos team.

In response to your response to mine. Yes this team has a number of flaws. However if Schaub doesn't play will maybe some time on the bench will help.

badboy
11-30-2009, 03:34 PM
When is it time to play plan number B or C ?????Maybe we can trade a 2nd for Sage?

Esoom
11-30-2009, 05:20 PM

Have you even watched the Texans this season? Let's recap.
Jacksonville: Schaub had us down to the 1 with a chance to win at the end of the game. Chris Brown choked.
Arizona: Schaub had us down to the 1 with a chance to tie. Chris Brown choked.
Indianapolis 1: Schaub had us in Field Goal range. Kris Brown choked.
Tennessee: Schaub had us in Field Goal range. Kris Brown choked.

Hmmm....maybe, just maybe, Matt Schaub isn't the problem with our 4th quarter failure.

PapaL
11-30-2009, 05:34 PM
Props to you sir.

QFT! Same here. :brickwall:

And yet I came back to see what I missed.

Kinda like when you're at the zoo and you're watching the monkeys fling poo at each other - you just HAVE to come back later to see if it happens again.

Texan_Bill
11-30-2009, 05:36 PM
And yet I came back to see what I missed.

Kinda like when you're at the zoo and you're watching the monkeys fling poo at each other - you just HAVE to come back later to see if it happens again.

LMFAO!! Notice I came back too. :cowboy1:

PapaL
11-30-2009, 05:55 PM
LMFAO!! Notice I came back too. :cowboy1:

Just waiting on Txn_in_NC