PDA

View Full Version : No Jacoby Jones On Offense 'Till The Game Was Over?

DexmanC
11-29-2009, 02:56 PM
What kind of BS coaching move was that!!?? He TORCHED the Colts
in the first game!

TexansBlood
11-29-2009, 02:57 PM
Kubiak.

hot pickle
11-29-2009, 03:01 PM
ya i dont understand it either... i was wondering were he was on monday night too.. oh well.. kubiak should be gone after this season

GuerillaBlack
11-29-2009, 03:10 PM
ya i dont understand it either... i was wondering were he was on monday night too.. oh well.. kubiak should be gone after this season

He was injured and inactive on Monday Night.

As for today, I have no idea what Kubiak was thinking. No one knows. That's why we need a new coach...

ATXtexanfan
11-29-2009, 04:00 PM
Doesn't everyone on this board want him cut?

gg no re
11-29-2009, 04:15 PM
We did until Jacoby started living up to his rookie preseason hype.

TheRealJoker
11-29-2009, 04:21 PM
I just figured he was still unhealthy until he was making big plays after the game was out of reach. Then I decided it was another terrible coaching decision to not play one of your playmakers until garbage time.

silvrhand
11-29-2009, 04:27 PM
I just figured he was still unhealthy until he was making big plays after the game was out of reach. Then I decided it was another terrible coaching decision to not play one of your playmakers until garbage time.

Yah then all of a sudden he's back on kickoff returns as well.. after simpson broke 1123124234 tackles for a TD. wtf?

Norg
11-29-2009, 05:35 PM
No ryan moats either

CHris brown is trash IMO

HJam72
11-29-2009, 05:41 PM
There are LOT of little reasons that Kubiak needs to go, and this is one of them. He obviously sticks with Walter because he is such a hard worker, etc., but you have to use the guys who give your team the best chance to win. I like KW too, but that's just a fact. JJ AND AD have become more productive receivers than KW, but Kubiak favors work ethic over actual production.

HJam72
11-29-2009, 05:43 PM
No ryan moats either

CHris brown is trash IMO

I wouldn't say Brown did so bad, but you're right that Moats has been screwed over. It's ANOTHER bad personnel decision by Kubes.

Norg
11-29-2009, 05:47 PM
There are LOT of little reasons that Kubiak needs to go, and this is one of them. He obviously sticks with Walter because he is such a hard worker, etc., but you have to use the guys who give your team the best chance to win. I like KW too, but that's just a fact. JJ AND AD have become more productive receivers than KW, but Kubiak favors work ethic over actual production.

He still could have been in there for the 3 WR sets

DAVID ANDERSON people Bench his ass

and have

AJ JJ and KW

but iam not JJ fan tho i think He should be cut anywayz after this year

CloakNNNdagger
11-29-2009, 05:54 PM
I wouldn't say Brown did so bad, but you're right that Moats has been screwed over. It's ANOTHER bad personnel decision by Kubes.

A pass blocking decision, although I think that his positive runs probably outweigh his blocking deficiency.

GP
11-29-2009, 07:27 PM

I'm wondering if it's racism.

I've been quiet about it all season long, but the undying and unwavering support Kubiak announced of Kris Brown and the absolute hardcore dedication he has for the Walter and Anderson Show vs. Jacoby Jones, who I swear must have killed Kubiak's pet kitten or something, is bizarre.

It begins to be a deal of "How is it that this one guy on our team continues to make big plays, yet he sees the field so very little?"

This is probably THE one thing that angers me the most.

The BEST players are NOT on the field, which defies logic.

Kubiak is stubborn to a fault. Arrogant. Prideful. Vindictive.

IMO, he's lost this team. They tried to rally around him. They tried to put this sort of stuff behind them, trying to look past the same "WTH?!?" thoughts that we have all had around here, and ultimately I think the Kubiak era has come and gone.

GP
11-29-2009, 07:29 PM
Let's not even get into Larry Johnson going 22 rushes for 107 yards.

That's almost 5 yards a carry.

Kubiak is a dumbass.

SAMURAITEXAN
11-29-2009, 07:38 PM
He still could have been in there for the 3 WR sets

DAVID ANDERSON people Bench his ass

and have

AJ JJ and KW

but iam not JJ fan tho i think He should be cut anywayz after this year

Cut? Should we ever decide to let him go, at least trade would be wise decision don't you think? Personally, JJ is starting to play like he was expected to when we drafted him. (But, no fumbling please)

Oakland love speedy WR you know.(Look who they drafted (-。-)y―・~~) Who knows Crazy Al may give us 1st rd for JJ. :spin:

Go Texans!!!

SheTexan
11-29-2009, 07:41 PM
I'm wondering if it's racism..

Honest to God GP sometimes you make me want to shoot my pc when you come up with this kind of crap. Geeeezzzzz GROW UP!!

JJ and Moats are both injured. JJ's MOM chats with us every Sunday and she said so herself, and BELIEVE me, this is one MOM who knows all about her son. As for Moats, I read that either on the MMB or in the paper, can't remeber which. Something to do with his foot, I think.

I guess to YOU we have a losing team because we don't have a Black QB by the name of VY!!!! Think I'll go puke!!

New_Texans
11-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Kubiak needs to go...his time here is done. This team has the talent to have already won 8 games this year by now but we havent because we've shot ourselves in the foot with penalties and bad playcalls....aka coaching. Kubiak is done here no more sugar coating it...no more.

GP
11-29-2009, 08:09 PM
Honest to God GP sometimes you make me want to shoot my pc when you come up with this kind of crap. Geeeezzzzz GROW UP!!

JJ and Moats are both injured. JJ's MOM chats with us every Sunday and she said so herself, and BELIEVE me, this is one MOM who knows all about her son. As for Moats, I read that either on the MMB or in the paper, can't remeber which. Something to do with his foot, I think.

I guess to YOU we have a losing team because we don't have a Black QB by the name of VY!!!! Think I'll go puke!!

Wow.

A.) I NEVER wanted VY at any point. And still don't. So there goes THAT theory.

B.) Who the hell cares if JJ is injured? Even when he's not, he doesn't get the opportunity he deserves. He's had more TD catches in one season (this one) than David Anderson has had his whole career here.

C.) Kevin Walter and David Anderson. Are we seriously going to stake THIS team's future on THESE two guys? Outside of AJ and OD, the best we can throw out there is Walter and Anderson? LMAO. I guess if we need that 5-yard curl route to win the game, then those two guys are AWESOME!!! Except, oh wait a second, I forgot...we play in the AFC South where you better hit home-runs or die the same damn death that we continue to die every time we play the Colts and Titans. Those two teams GET IT. We don't.

D.) Two black guys who have fumbling problems get their butts chewed and sat down, but kris Brown screws the pooch two weeks-in-a-row and here comes Kubiak making very public displays of affection about his devotion to Kris Brown.

Congratulations to SheTexan for having an aneurysm on the board because I dared to say that things look curiously out-of-place.

If it isn't some favoritism toward the two slow white guys and the one white guy who botched BIG kicks to potentially help this team win TWO games-in-a-row, then what the blue-blazes is the reason for JJ not being on the field the whole game alongside AJ. Especially with OD out for the year?

This Kubiak fella' should be on the receiving end of your temper tantrum.

GP
11-29-2009, 08:17 PM
Kubiak needs to go...his time here is done. This team has the talent to have already won 8 games this year by now but we havent because we've shot ourselves in the foot with penalties and bad playcalls....aka coaching. Kubiak is done here no more sugar coating it...no more.

Agreed.

He should be done after the end of the season.

His divisional record should have seen a huge upward swing this season, sweeping the Titans/Jags and at least splitting the two with the Colts. But he couldn't do it. He just couldn't find a way to get it done.

And now it looks like the players have given up. They, too, tried to pull through for old coach Kubiak. But they haven't received the vision and leadership that they should have.

Kubiak stopped the bleeding that Capers had created. But now we need someone who can honestly see what that next step is, and go forward with the PLAN to take down opposing teams. Especially in our own division.

sometexansfan
11-29-2009, 08:24 PM
B.) Who the hell cares if JJ is injured? Even when he's not, he doesn't get the opportunity he deserves. He's had more TD catches in one season (this one) than David Anderson has had his whole career here.

C.) Kevin Walter and David Anderson. Are we seriously going to stake THIS team's future on THESE two guys? Outside of AJ and OD, the best we can throw out there is Walter and Anderson? LMAO. I guess if we need that 5-yard curl route to win the game, then those two guys are AWESOME!!! Except, oh wait a second, I forgot...we play in the AFC South where you better hit home-runs or die the same damn death that we continue to die every time we play the Colts and Titans. Those two teams GET IT. We don't.

D.) Two black guys who have fumbling problems get their butts chewed and sat down, but kris Brown screws the pooch two weeks-in-a-row and here comes Kubiak making very public displays of affection about his devotion to Kris Brown.

The frustration with DA is understandable, but Walter has been a very dependable receiver for us, I have no problem with him being out there. I will agree though that Jacoby has earned the right over DA at this point. Also, I believe the only reason Kubes came out and supported Kris Brown was because at this point in the season, you aren't going to find a kicker better than him, and Kubes didn't want to completely destroy his confidence.

New_Texans
11-29-2009, 08:24 PM
Agreed.

He should be done after the end of the season.

His divisional record should have seen a huge upward swing this season, sweeping the Titans/Jags and at least splitting the two with the Colts. But he couldn't do it. He just couldn't find a way to get it done.

And now it looks like the players have given up. They, too, tried to pull through for old coach Kubiak. But they haven't received the vision and leadership that they should have.

Kubiak stopped the bleeding that Capers had created. But now we need someone who can honestly see what that next step is, and go forward with the PLAN to take down opposing teams. Especially in our own division.

Exactly, I will thank Kubiak for getting us up the hill of hell and tragedy called "The Hump" now we need that new guy to get us over it.

Vinny
11-29-2009, 08:33 PM
What kind of BS coaching move was that!!?? He TORCHED the Colts
in the first game!

http://wpcontent.answers.com/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/70/Werner_Klemperer_Klink_screenshot.jpg/200px-Werner_Klemperer_Klink_screenshot.jpg

Honoring Earl 34
11-29-2009, 08:54 PM
http://wpcontent.answers.com/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/70/Werner_Klemperer_Klink_screenshot.jpg/200px-Werner_Klemperer_Klink_screenshot.jpg

http://www.democraticunderground.com/articles/01/10/04_schultz.jpg

gary
11-29-2009, 08:57 PM
Race? hahaha. Why not bench both Brown and Slaton and bring in a White boy to workout then? Oh, plase give me break get a grip. I'm sure he'll be benching A.J. next Sunday. I needed a good laugh though after the thing everyone calls a football game today.

GP
11-29-2009, 09:05 PM
Race? hahaha. Why not bench both Brown and Slaton and bring in a White boy to workout then? Oh, plase give me break get a grip. I'm sure he'll be benching A.J. next Sunday. I needed a good laugh though after the thing everyone calls a football game today.

If you want me to delve deeper into it, then OK.

AJ and Slaton are not the same as JJ. Jerome Mathis got cut. Cedric got hardly a serious "look," and Larry Johnson got less of a look than Cedric did. There are some players who act more one way than they do the other. It's not an issue of all-out 100% racism, but more of an issue of comfortability for Kubiak.

There's room on Gary Kubiak's team for people who step correctly.

LJ just went off for 22 rushes and 107 yards. Yeah, we don't need that. And we don't need Cedric's current production either.

Marvin Lewis has got to be laughing his butt off right now.

gary
11-29-2009, 09:11 PM
If you want me to delve deeper into it, then OK.

AJ and Slaton are not the same as JJ. Jerome Mathis got cut. Cedric got hardly a serious "look," and Larry Johnson got less of a look than Cedric did. There are some players who act more one way than they do the other. It's not an issue of all-out 100% racism, but more of an issue of comfortability for Kubiak.

There's room on Gary Kubiak's team for people who step correctly.

LJ just went off for 22 rushes and 107 yards. Yeah, we don't need that. And we don't need Cedric's current production either.

Marvin Lewis has got to be laughing his butt off right now.You just ask Gary that question.

GP
11-29-2009, 09:20 PM
You just ask Gary that question.

I would.

I'm not the awestruck, WOW! Look there's an NFL coach! type of fan.

I'm just a little past that whole scene. I'm to the point of wanting an honest answer for why JJ is not playing more snaps when he's shown he can get behind defenses and score TDs or big gains almost every time he's thrown to.

There's a time for being respectful to a man, and there's a time for just being butt honest about stuff. This is one of those times for me. Find a way to get me into contact with Gary Kubiak, and I will ask him immediately.

Otherwise, I'll just continue to make up my own reasons as to why Jacoby Jones is treated like Fred Bennett.

TheIronDuke
11-29-2009, 10:11 PM
Two black guys who have fumbling problems get their butts chewed and sat down, but kris Brown screws the pooch two weeks-in-a-row and here comes Kubiak making very public displays of affection about his devotion to Kris Brown.

Now it's a race issue? Jesus titty f'ing Christ, get real.

Norg
11-29-2009, 10:23 PM
if JJ was injured then he was injured i would have no problem not playing him

besides its not like David anderson played badly he made his catches when thrown to him

stat wise to me JJ is not that good of a Punt Returner plan and simple and i for one dont really care if he is on the bench or not

today he had a 3 yard punt return and i see that often from him

silvrhand
11-29-2009, 10:33 PM
Wow.

If it isn't some favoritism toward the two slow white guys and the one white guy who botched BIG kicks to potentially help this team win TWO games-in-a-row, then what the blue-blazes is the reason for JJ not being on the field the whole game alongside AJ. Especially with OD out for the year?

This Kubiak fella' should be on the receiving end of your temper tantrum.

Seriously if you are going to play the racism card make sure you have "credible" evidence and not some off the cuff play. Were you listening to sports 610 that wasn't you that called after the game was it?

Carr Bombed
11-29-2009, 10:48 PM
I would.

I'm not the awestruck, WOW! Look there's an NFL coach! type of fan.

I'm just a little past that whole scene. I'm to the point of wanting an honest answer for why JJ is not playing more snaps when he's shown he can get behind defenses and score TDs or big gains almost every time he's thrown to.

There's a time for being respectful to a man, and there's a time for just being butt honest about stuff. This is one of those times for me. Find a way to get me into contact with Gary Kubiak, and I will ask him immediately.

Otherwise, I'll just continue to make up my own reasons as to why Jacoby Jones is treated like Fred Bennett.

I don't think it has anything to do with racism......I think it is just that Kubiak is a dumbass who doesn't know how to get the best players on the field.

Was Kubiak a racist when he kept playing the over the hill black receiver Eric Moulds over the white receiver Kevin Walter? I have a feeling if by some miracle "simple Gary" was given another year to underachieve yet again with this team, we'd all be hearing how he regrets not getting Jacoby Jones more snaps on the field during the next offseason. It just takes the man forever and a day to make moves with his starting lineup.

Kaiser Toro
11-30-2009, 07:26 AM

Could be the worst post of all time.

Sincerely,
Rick Smith & Frank Bush

TexansBlood
11-30-2009, 09:54 AM
So let me get this straight, JJ was injured so that's the reason he didnt play much the whole game yet Kubiak puts him in 2 mins before the game is over and out of reach? For what to really risk an season ending injury???

GP
11-30-2009, 10:00 AM
So let me get this straight, JJ was injured so that's the reason he didnt play much the whole game yet Kubiak puts him in 2 mins before the game is over and out of reach? For what to really risk an season ending injury???

Exactly. He's injured, but WAIT! There he is!

Kubiak claims that he puts the best players on the field, but there are a lot of seasons full of dubious player choices that leave me scratching my head.

silvrhand
11-30-2009, 10:10 AM
Could be the worst post of all time.

Sincerely,
Rick Smith & Frank Bush

I thought it was hilarious on the sports 610 broadcast after the game some guy called this in that we didn't pick Vince Young cause of racism, Andre Ware stepped up and named all the non white people in the organization and said he was going to get called and Uncle Tom for sticking up for the Texans front office. Pretty funny stuff.

in my best Jim Mora personality:

Racism? Don't talk about racism. Are you kidding me? Racism? I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game.

GP
11-30-2009, 10:31 AM
I thought it was hilarious on the sports 610 broadcast after the game some guy called this in that we didn't pick Vince Young cause of racism, Andre Ware stepped up and named all the non white people in the organization and said he was going to get called and Uncle Tom for sticking up for the Texans front office. Pretty funny stuff.

in my best Jim Mora personality:

Racism? Don't talk about racism. Are you kidding me? Racism? I'm just hoping we can win a game, another game.

There are at least two types of racism:

1. All-out, 100% racism. Most of this racism is dying out in this country.

2. Subtle (or selective) racism. This is the type where a person is accepting of certain people as long as they walk, talk, and act a certain way.

Kevin Walter and David Anderson were good when this team needed basic, consistent "possession" type receivers. Now this team still needs those type of receivers, but in the role of 3rd and 5 where a simple slant route or 5-yard curl route can get us a first down to keep a drive alive.

Otherwise, Jacoby Jones needs to be out there to help stretch defenses and keep them always thinking about where he is and how far down the field they want to track him. It pulls DBs, and to some extent it pulls a LB or two, away from the line of scrimmage. If they cheat, and don't drop back far enough, JJ is going to find empty field and catch a pass for a big gain.

Our offense, minus OD, is instantly in need of a guy who can do what I just described.

Jacoby Jones has that ability. But this coach is dedicated to KW and DA. Maybe it's not subtle racism, but at the very least it's Kubiak playing favorites by making productivity and big-play ability take a back seat.

TheIronDuke
11-30-2009, 10:32 AM
Joe Morgan even thinks it's ridiculous to talk about racism in the Texans organization.

Ckw
11-30-2009, 10:37 AM
So let me get this straight: Gary specifically chooses to only bench black players because he is a racist not because they have fumbled the ball or been injured. I'm glad I understand now...

I do believe I have just finished reading one of the worst few posts this board has ever seen, and I sure didn't think it would be from you, GP. Usually you are a good poster and make some good points, but you have officially jumped over the ledge in despair over the recent woes for the Texans.

:backsout:

Texan_Bill
11-30-2009, 10:41 AM
Un****ingbelievable!! :brickwall: :gun:

Pantherstang84
11-30-2009, 10:43 AM
Un****ingbelievable!! :brickwall: :gun:

I stayed away from this conversation but I definitely think it deserves a clown.

:clown:

Ckw
11-30-2009, 10:46 AM
It's crap like this that makes people not take racism seriously and just get fed up with the entire discussion. Quit trying to create a story where there isn't one. I need to stay away from this thread. Stuff like this makes my blood boil.

steelbtexan
11-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Kubes is not a racist

I agree that JJ needs to get more PT than KW and DA.

The thing that says alot to me is that LJ could have walked in off the street and he would have been the best RB in Texans history. IMO Better than Davis or Slaton.

But whether it was Smithiak or McNair they chose not to sign him. Character is a great thing to have on a team but if you can find a RB that can help you win and you dont sign him because of character issues then if the Texans dont make the playoffs because of a terrible run game. Whoever decided to not sign LJ should be fired. IMO

Having a milk and cookies team (great for marketing) is all good but they will never win that way. This is on McNair. IMO Marketing is more important to McNair than winning. dont believe me (then how is it that the Texans are the 5th mosr valuable franchise in the NFL and have never had a winning record)

The Texans want yes men on their team even at the cost of winnig. IMO

Norg
11-30-2009, 11:32 AM
pff plez Larry J is not that good it had nothing 2 do with his char it had 2 do with his age and skills on why we didnt sign him

GP
11-30-2009, 11:39 AM
So let me get this straight: Gary specifically chooses to only bench black players because he is a racist not because they have fumbled the ball or been injured. I'm glad I understand now...

I do believe I have just finished reading one of the worst few posts this board has ever seen, and I sure didn't think it would be from you, GP. Usually you are a good poster and make some good points, but you have officially jumped over the ledge in despair over the recent woes for the Texans.

:backsout:

Sorry I ruined your day.

I'll take my line from Kubiak, and it will all be OK: "This one's on me."

There. Doesn't that just soothe the soul?

Dan B.
11-30-2009, 11:43 AM
There are at least two types of racism:

1. All-out, 100% racism. Most of this racism is dying out in this country.

2. Subtle (or selective) racism. This is the type where a person is accepting of certain people as long as they walk, talk, and act a certain way.

Umm that would be like saying that Republicans are subtly racist because they only accept conservative blacks who "walk, talk, and act a certain way." Maybe Kubiak prefers WR's that work hard and he doesn't care what color they are?

On the plus side, if you keep it up enough the organization may react like the Astros did and foist a mediocre minority manager on you to alleviate the accusations of racial favoritism.

A racist would not have kept JJ on the team for three years. One who only accepts blacks who walk, talk, and act a certain way wouldn't continue to start DRob -- who you may have noticed doesn't walk, talk, or act that way.

steelbtexan
11-30-2009, 11:43 AM
pff plez Larry J is not that good it had nothing 2 do with his char it had 2 do with his age and skills on why we didnt sign him

Are you saying that LJ wouldn't be an upgrade over what the Texans currently have at RB?

If the answer is yes you're fooling youself.

Keep on drinking the koolaid.

DerekLee1
11-30-2009, 12:18 PM
Let's not even get into Larry Johnson going 22 rushes for 107 yards.

That's almost 5 yards a carry.

Kubiak is a dumbass.

It was against CLEVELAND. Psshhhht, please...

Mailman
11-30-2009, 04:58 PM
Here's an interesting stat that Kubiak might want to ruminate on for a little while--Jacoby Jones has been targeted a whopping 23 times in 10 games played, yet he's parlayed those meager targets into 16 receptions for 265 yards and 4 TD receptions. Four touchdowns! That's one less touchdown than Andre Johnson.

His reception percentage is almost 70% and his TD percentage is 17%. He averages 16.6 ypc, which leads the team.

Barring injury, there is no justifiable excuse not to feature Jacoby Jones more in the passing offense. I just don't get it.

gary
11-30-2009, 05:39 PM
Gary just does not know how to win football games in the clutch and that's all. Piss poor is more the phrase IMO.

Runner
11-30-2009, 05:49 PM
Here's an interesting stat that Kubiak might want to ruminate on for a little while--Jacoby Jones has been targeted a whopping 23 times in 10 games played, yet he's parlayed those meager targets into 16 receptions for 265 yards and 4 TD receptions. Four touchdowns! That's one less touchdown than Andre Johnson.

The Jones/Johnson TD ratio is like it is for a reason. Jones gets targeted in the end zone because it is somewhat unexpected (and because of the deep routes).

Andre is not often targeted in the end zone because it is expected. As I watch more and more Texans offensive football, I'm starting to think more effort is spent on doing the unexpected rather than doing what is effective. I can't think of another big time receiver that gets as few red zone targets as Andre.*

*Stats may prove me wrong; I've never looked it up.

utahmark
11-30-2009, 06:00 PM

I've been quiet about it all season long, but the undying and unwavering support Kubiak announced of Kris Brown and the absolute hardcore dedication he has for the Walter and Anderson Show vs. Jacoby Jones, who I swear must have killed Kubiak's pet kitten or something, is bizarre.

It begins to be a deal of "How is it that this one guy on our team continues to make big plays, yet he sees the field so very little?"

IMO, he's lost this team. They tried to rally around him. They tried to put this sort of stuff behind them, trying to look past the same "WTH?!?" thoughts that we have all had around here, and ultimately I think the Kubiak era has come and gone.

i guess he's keeping kris so he does'nt have to go out and pick up one of the many black kickers out there.

TheRealJoker
11-30-2009, 06:30 PM
The Jones/Johnson TD ratio is like it is for a reason. Jones gets targeted in the end zone because it is somewhat unexpected (and because of the deep routes).

Andre is not often targeted in the end zone because it is expected. As I watch more and more Texans offensive football, I'm starting to think more effort is spent on doing the unexpected rather than doing what is effective. I can't think of another big time receiver that gets as few red zone targets as Andre.*

*Stats may prove me wrong; I've never looked it up.

I agree 100%. It boggles my mind that we have the prototypical big physical WR...the type that is supposed to excel in the RZ. Yet we do not target him nearly as often as we should. In fact, we had him off the field entirely at key points of the game in the redzone (Cardinals game anyone?).

I hope our next HC knows how to make use of our best player where he should be quite an asset (as a RZ target).

buddyboy
11-30-2009, 06:36 PM
i guess he's keeping kris so he does'nt have to go out and pick up one of the many black kickers out there.

Yep. Kubiak, you silly racist. Don't you know that when a white player fails and is not immediately benched, it's racism? And dang, it's racism when two black players have fumbling problems and are benched...for another black player.

Mailman
11-30-2009, 06:38 PM
Believe it or not, AJ is actually fourth in the NFL among all receivers in red zone targets with 16. Only Fitzgerald (18), Wayne (17), and Moss (17) have more rz looks than Andre.

Wolf
11-30-2009, 06:43 PM
some were spoiled with the marino-duper combo.. knew it was coming and nothing one could do
:kitten:

TheRealJoker
11-30-2009, 06:45 PM
Believe it or not, AJ is actually fourth in the NFL among all receivers in red zone targets with 16. Only Fitzgerald (18), Wayne (17), and Moss (17) have more rz looks than Andre.

Did not know that obviously!!! I have a hard time believing that AJ just is not all that effective in the redzone though... Something is fishy.

Brisco_County
11-30-2009, 07:03 PM

This has to be the stupidest thing I've seen on this forum.

Mailman
11-30-2009, 07:17 PM
Did not know that obviously!!! I have a hard time believing that AJ just is not all that effective in the redzone though... Something is fishy.

Well, I certainly don't mean to dismiss the point you were making about the way the team uses Andre Johnson. I think there's something to it, and if you dig deeper into the stats you'll see that AJ may get his red zone looks but he definitely does not get the looks he should inside the opponent's ten-yard line. There are 37 receivers with more looks in those situations than AJ.

Where AJ only has three, Reggie Wayne has twelve, five of which were caught for touchdowns.:foottap:

Carr Bombed
11-30-2009, 07:32 PM
The thing that says alot to me is that LJ could have walked in off the street and he would have been the best RB in Texans history. IMO Better than Davis or Slaton.

Are you saying that LJ wouldn't be an upgrade over what the Texans currently have at RB?

If the answer is yes you're fooling youself.

Keep on drinking the koolaid.

LOL.

This is 2009 not 2006 :spit:. Larry Johnson had ONE GOOD GAME AGAINST THE BROWNS and he's 30 years old (:rolleyes: I guess Ryan Moats is the best RB in Texans' history because he had a career day against the Bills), let's not all jump off into the deep end and act like he's a 1,700 yard back while completely disregarding how crappy he's been the past 3 years.

I question the staff's decision to bypass on Cedric Benson who was still young and had plenty of years in the tank, but don't blame them one bit for not going out of their way to sign Larry Johnson who's attitude hasn't been nearly worth his production on the field. We already have a player on the roster who's production isn't nearly worth the attitude this team has had to deal with.

Not to mention that you're crazy if you think Larry Johnson would be running wild behind this offensive line...

BigBull17
12-01-2009, 10:17 AM
Can't wait till the end of the year press confrence. " Shucks, I should have played the kid (JJ) more" Its comming.

DexmanC
12-01-2009, 02:40 PM
Do you notice that EVERY TIME we need a huge kickoff, or punt return,
JACOBY JONES is in there? EVERY TIME the offense need a huge play,
JACOBY JONES is put in the game?

If that's the case, why is he NOT part of the regular offense? We never
line up and dare a defense to beat our best. Our offense is based on tricking
the defense to stop our best, when we use something else!!

It's a silly philosophy, but it's the way Kubiak coaches this squad.

Pantherstang84
12-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Line him up opposite AJ make defenses account for both of them.

TheIronDuke
12-01-2009, 02:58 PM

The frustration with DA is understandable, but Walter has been a very dependable receiver for us, I have no problem with him being out there. I will agree though that Jacoby has earned the right over DA at this point. Also, I believe the only reason Kubes came out and supported Kris Brown was because at this point in the season, you aren't going to find a kicker better than him, and Kubes didn't want to completely destroy his confidence.

Hey I was hoping someone could help me out, I neg repped this post because I was drunk and ticked off and completely mis-read what the poster was saying. Can someone hit him with some positive for me?