PDA

View Full Version : Freeney hasn't practiced all week...

TheRealJoker
11-28-2009, 12:22 AM
http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday/InjuryReport.asp

Freeney is listed as questionable but he hasn't practiced all week due to an abdomen injury. Get Freeney out of the lineup and their defense changes A LOT!!!

Thoughts?

Dishman
11-28-2009, 02:20 AM
My thoughts are that he'll be in Schaub's face most of Sunday. Even running at less than 100% this guy probably finds a way to play and be a disruption.

AnthonyE
11-28-2009, 05:05 AM
I think he was questionable last time they played too, methinks. But he still went off for a couple of sacks.

nero THE zero
11-28-2009, 10:17 AM
Peyton is also nursing an injured glut. They'll both play and be as effective as always.

Texans_Chick
11-28-2009, 10:20 AM
Peyton is also nursing an injured glut. They'll both play and be as effective as always.

Two dozen of the Colts players were on the injury report this week--the highest total of the season.

I have the explanation at the Chron.com blog of why this won't matter:

Peyton Manning hurt. Doesn't matter because he is a witch. (http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/2009/11/peyton_manning_hurt_doesnt_mat.html)

dalemurphy
11-28-2009, 10:22 AM
http://www.houstontexans.com/gameday/InjuryReport.asp

Freeney is listed as questionable but he hasn't practiced all week due to an abdomen injury. Get Freeney out of the lineup and their defense changes A LOT!!!

Thoughts?

They won't miss him as much as we are going to miss Eugene Wilson

nunusguy
11-28-2009, 10:27 AM
On the subject of Freeney - his physique it would seem is becoming the new prototype for NFL edge rushers. If you saw the Bronco-Giants game the other night you had to be impressed with Elvis Dummerville who is now leading the NFL in sacks. He's of course built very much like Freeney and
the short, squatty type of rusher with their tremendous leverage is kinda replacing the tall, rangy edge rushers thought to be the best built for the task ?

nero THE zero
11-28-2009, 10:30 AM
On the subject of Freeney - his physique it would seem is becoming the new prototype for NFL edge rushers. If you saw the Bronco-Giants game the other night you had to be impressed with Elvis Dummerville who is now leading the NFL in sacks. He's of course built very much like Freeney and
the short, squatty type of rusher with their tremendous leverage is kinda replacing the tall, rangy edge rushers thought to be the best built for the task ?

I haven't compared measurables, but watching Derrick Morgan he reminds me a lot of Freeney in build.

He's going to be a good one in the NFL.

Dishman
11-28-2009, 02:53 PM
Two dozen of the Colts players were on the injury report this week--the highest total of the season.

I have the explanation at the Chron.com blog of why this won't matter:

Peyton Manning hurt. Doesn't matter because he is a witch. (http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/2009/11/peyton_manning_hurt_doesnt_mat.html)

Your article was upstaged by those ridiculous comments! Loved the visuals you used LOL.

dalemurphy
11-28-2009, 06:14 PM
From Rotoworld, via ESPN twitter:

Dwight Freeney (abdomen) did not travel to Houston and will not play against the Texans.

Dishman
11-28-2009, 06:22 PM

Dwight Freeney (abdomen) did not travel to Houston and will not play against the Texans.

Wow.

dalemurphy
11-28-2009, 06:24 PM
Well, the offense needs to step up and finally win a game. Limiting turnovers to one or fewer, they need a 30 point performance now. Hopefully Kubiak will actually give some help to whomever is blocking Mathis, and they'll get this thing done!

Ryan
11-28-2009, 06:26 PM
They'll plug in a random scrub and still find ways to beat us. They're the Colts, we're the Texans.

Final score...Colts 20, Texans 17 :gun:

brakos82
11-28-2009, 06:26 PM

Damn. Beat me to it. :bravo:

TheRealJoker
11-28-2009, 06:49 PM
This is HUGE!!! With Freeney out we can focus the double teams on Robert Mathis and leave Duane Brown on an island against Freeney's backup. Now Schaub will get more time to throw the ball which should lead to some more points for the Texans!!!

However, with Eugene Wilson out of the lineup Peyton is gonna pick on Busing all game. I think we're gonna have a shootout in Reliant Stadium tomorrow afternoon!!!

Lets win this game and get some momentum going!!! Give your fans something to cheer for Texans!!!

dalemurphy
11-28-2009, 07:36 PM
This is HUGE!!! With Freeney out we can focus the double teams on Robert Mathis and leave Duane Brown on an island against Freeney's backup. Now Schaub will get more time to throw the ball which should lead to some more points for the Texans!!!

However, with Eugene Wilson out of the lineup Peyton is gonna pick on Busing all game. I think we're gonna have a shootout in Reliant Stadium tomorrow afternoon!!!

Lets win this game and get some momentum going!!! Give your fans something to cheer for Texans!!!

My concern and likely frustration is that the Texans seldom adjust their protection schemes according to who they are playing. I'm afraid they will still allow the Colts to get Mathis on a lot of 1 on 1 matchups... very frustrating! Still, no Freeney is a big plus!

Hervoyel
11-28-2009, 07:38 PM
Means nothing. He will own Brown like nobody's business and get a pair of sacks tomorrow. Mario will have 2 tackles and 1 assist and they'll talk about his shoulder all afternoon.

Pessimistic I know but when the Texans give me a reason to be otherwise I'll make that change.

dalemurphy
11-28-2009, 07:40 PM
Means nothing. He will own Brown like nobody's business and get a pair of sacks tomorrow. Mario will have 2 tackles and 1 assist and they'll talk about his shoulder all afternoon.

Pessimistic I know but when the Texans give me a reason to be otherwise I'll make that change.

I think the Texans have given you ample reason to believe they will outplay, or, at least play right with the Colts before blowing the game in the final minute. I'm hardly pessimistic about the first 59 minutes! Why should anyone be?

Texans_Chick
11-28-2009, 08:07 PM
Charlie Johnson, the Colts LT is also questionable for the game (http://www.indystar.com/article/20091128/SPORTS03/911280348/1058/SPORTS03/Irsay-promotes-Chris-Polian-to-GM). Coach is optimistic he will play but a number of Colts fans aren't so much.

TheRealJoker
11-28-2009, 08:13 PM
Charlie Johnson, the Colts LT is also questionable for the game (http://www.indystar.com/article/20091128/SPORTS03/911280348/1058/SPORTS03/Irsay-promotes-Chris-Polian-to-GM). Coach is optimistic he will play but a number of Colts fans aren't so much.

What happened to Tony Ugoh? I remember the Colts traded a 1st to move up and get him. He looked good his rookie season but I guess Charlie Johnson must've beaten him out for the job because I think he's healthy.

Texans_Chick
11-28-2009, 08:49 PM
What happened to Tony Ugoh? I remember the Colts traded a 1st to move up and get him. He looked good his rookie season but I guess Charlie Johnson must've beaten him out for the job because I think he's healthy.

Ugoh has played some this season, and Polian was complimentary of him when he did.

He's had some injury issues but mostly it has been an issue of his play on the field. Colts fans are a little peeved about him given what they did to get him.

utahmark
11-28-2009, 10:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4696309

CloakNNNdagger
11-28-2009, 10:31 PM

If he has a strained glute, his immobility will probably downgraded to statue status. Furthermore, with one wrong turn/twist, his play may take a nose dive. If we can get past his weakened Oline this week, I have a feeling those elusive sacks will finally come.....in surprising number.

Last week against the Pats he was sacked once, but the Pats on numerous other plays throughout the game pressured him hard, forcing poor passes and numerous "near miss sacks." He got his share of hits. I wonder if this was not already a show of his glute injury.

Norg
11-28-2009, 11:42 PM
thoughts ????

Pray for the texans ...... just pray