PDA

View Full Version : AFC PLAYBOOK: Texans Vs. Colts

DexmanC
11-28-2009, 12:21 AM
They spent an amazing 11 minutes breaking this game down. Before watching
this, I had no idea that Glover Quin was arguably the best corner the Texans
have. Not bad for a 3rd round pick.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/houston-texans/09000d5d81488fb8/Week-12-Playbook-Colts-vs-Texans

TheRealJoker
11-28-2009, 12:23 AM

http://www.nfl.com/videos/houston-texans/09000d5d81488fb8/Week-12-Playbook-Colts-vs-Texans

4th rounder actually. GQ is a natural football player. I hope that he keeps developing!!!

LonerATO
11-28-2009, 01:21 AM

He is the reason that I dont see the Texans drafting a CB in the first and Safety is such a bigger need

Corrosion
11-28-2009, 02:22 AM
He is the reason that I dont see the Texans drafting a CB in the first and Safety is such a bigger need

If Dunta is gone via FA - which I suspect he will be because he will be asking for far more than his value - They will have to find another viable corner in either FA or early in the draft. I dont think Moulden and Bennett are enough behind Quin and Reeves.

Goatcheese
11-28-2009, 07:17 AM

Quin has the best ball skills, and short area quickness out of our corners, but I wouldn't call him the best overall. He's been solid though, which I didn't expect to see after watching him in the preseason, where it looked like the pro game was way too fast for him. Now he's settled in, and playing pretty well for a 4th round rookie.

DexmanC
11-28-2009, 08:38 AM
I used to watch all the videos on HoustonTexans.com during OTA's and
training camp. The coaches were glowing about how many plays GQ
was making even back then. They were praying it would translate over to
the field where the games really mattered, and I was surprised how he
handled himself against Peyton, and how he smashed the run. I let out
a big "WOW" when he made Darren McFadden do a backflip on a screen
pass.

We got ourselves a starting corner, folks. Rick Smith sure didn't draft
a "Petey Faggins" this year. It's why I'm praying our players show the
fortitude they have over the last couple seasons, to put together a solid
run. If they lose to the Colts OR the Jags, you probably can kiss the
playoffs goodbye, because they'd lose ALL division tiebreakers if they don't
go 3-3 in the division. The Colts game is the SEASON. If they win, then
the Jags game becomes a game for the season.

D-Frank
11-28-2009, 11:38 AM
I remember all the hype in ota's etc and I really started to like Glover, I really liked his HL video and I think he is a really good all around corner. I am very glad we got him, I remember the article from the Chron on Glover and how they came across him. Ray Rhodes saw tape on him and basically vouched for him. I also dont think he will be like freddy B and fall off.

Giant Tiger
11-28-2009, 08:32 PM
But are we going to pressure Manning enough to cause bad throws?

thunderkyss
11-28-2009, 08:42 PM
If Dunta is gone via FA - which I suspect he will be because he will be asking for far more than his value - They will have to find another viable corner in either FA or early in the draft. I dont think Moulden and Bennett are enough behind Quin and Reeves.

I like Busing & Barber behind Wilson & Pollard much better.

I'd get a first rounder, bonafide Starting Corner & take the best two to start, & put the third best guy in the nickel.

Playing the Colts... & soon having to compete with New England, Cincinnati, & San Diego on a regular basis, we will be playing a lot of nickel.

DocBar
11-29-2009, 01:06 AM
I wonder where this leaves us in the Robinson contract issue. Do we pay him huge $$ to be maybe just a nickel CB or move him to FS if we draft a CB in the 1st? In a system that uses a true FS, I think he would be a good one.
I also saw how ineffective our blitzs are. In the video, the show a crossfire blitz and our Cushing is picked up by the RB and just dances around. As a blitzer, you should be balls out and driving that RB back into Manning. We have to have the worst blitzes in the league. Been a problem all season.

eriadoc
11-29-2009, 01:25 AM
We have to have the worst blitzes in the league. Been a problem ....

... all existence.

DocBar
11-29-2009, 01:43 AM
... all existence.Thanks for correcting me. I carry a Ruger SP101 in .357 magnum. I carry a gun because cops weigh too much.