PDA

View Full Version : I wonder why...

WWJD
11-26-2009, 06:25 PM
The NFL prohibits local radio stations from streaming games online? I'm not sure I quite get that logic. I like listening to the radio streams while online...

Showtime100
11-26-2009, 06:38 PM
The NFL prohibits local radio stations from streaming games online? I'm not sure I quite get that logic. I like listening to the radio streams while online...

Strangely enough I listened to the Texans game via 610 Monday night. I guess the man upstairs wanted to stick it to me extra good. :pop:

ChampionTexan
11-26-2009, 08:05 PM

I would guess it's mainly because of the contract with Sirius which is a satellite radio version of the TV contracts with Fox, CBS, NBC, and ESPN (At a fraction of the cost I'm sure).

Why buy the :cow: when you can get the milk for free.

WWJD
11-26-2009, 09:57 PM
I would guess it's mainly because of the contract with Sirius which is a satellite radio version of the TV contracts with Fox, CBS, NBC, and ESPN (At a fraction of the cost I'm sure).

Why buy the :cow: when you can get the milk for free.

Seems like the NFL or the TV networks always try to find ways to stick it to the fans.

I remember years ago you could pick up any game on the radio..of course there was no streaming online then.

Seems like they'd think of the fans first and give up a break. It'd be nice to listen online.

kastofsna
11-26-2009, 10:04 PM
Seems like the NFL or the TV networks always try to find ways to stick it to the fans.

I remember years ago you could pick up any game on the radio..of course there was no streaming online then.

Seems like they'd think of the fans first and give up a break. It'd be nice to listen online.

huge corporations care about profit first and foremost, the NFL is no exception.

WWJD
11-26-2009, 10:13 PM
huge corporations care about profit first and foremost, the NFL is no exception.

Yea that's true. I'm old enough though to remember when it didn't seem like such a business and it was more fan friendly. Now this is blacked out or this rule prohibits that..and so forth.

Good old days I guess.