PDA

View Full Version : Dear Texans Fans, RE: VY hate

steroids
11-24-2009, 08:36 PM
Dear Texans fans,

I would like to start this thread by saying that I am a die hard Texans fan. I have been around since the first draft, since the naming of the team, watching all drafts, preseason games, showing up at training camp, going to games, rewatching games, etc.

That said, it is extremely difficult to continue to be a Texans fan. And it is not because of the loss last night - that was rough but we will overcome it. My problem is with our fans. There is just entirely too many of you who can't help yourselves from coming across as perennial loser, jealous because he beat you in college, blind hatred for Vince Young AGGY. All this V Cry stuff, and 1 sack from quitting on his team bull****? It reeks of pathetic aggy loserdom. I know that not everyone on this board is a UT grad, but it is time to let go of your decade of losing ways. It's the same thing with how they call Colt "Cart McCoy", even after they get rolled. Or barely become bowl eligible, get owned by Texas, and then insist on calling us TU or sips. It is a pathetic loser joke that is only funny to you. The exact same thing came today on SR610 when callers would call in and make fun of VY, as if we had won the game. This use of stupid nicknames and blanket hate for Vince must end -- it comes off as a LOSER AGGIE mentality.

This is important for you all to know. It is okay to be both a UT fan, and a Texans fan. Even though I will always have a soft spot for VY, I still pull for the Texans in every game. Yes I want Vince to have a successful career, and no I'm not trying to revisit the 2006 draft after every game. I simply want to enjoy following both of my teams. And the way you all come off makes it exceptionally difficult to be a part of this fan base.

So please. Support your team. Rep your favorite player. But enough with the pathetic hate. It makes all of us look bad.

m5kwatts
11-24-2009, 08:43 PM
VY hate has nothing to do with the Aggies, get over yourself Longhorn Nation. Its about hating the Titans and anyone who suits up for those goons especially their QB. College has nothing to do with what's going on in the pros dude, I don't know who you know or who this is directed at specifically but I disagree with the sentiment.

But for Texans fans who are Aggies and hate him because of the mere Longhorn-Aggie rivalry, shame on you. I'll take any player from any college on the Texans as long as their good. Heck I used to hate the Trojans until we brought Brian Cushing on board, now I have the utmost respect for that school because of him.

headsplint
11-24-2009, 08:46 PM
VY hate has nothing to do with the Aggies, get over yourself Longhorn Nation. Its about hating the Titans and anyone who suits up for those goons especially their QB. College has nothing to do with what's going on in the pros dude, I don't know who you know or who this is directed at specifically but I disagree with the sentiment.

But for Texans fans who are Aggies and hate him because of the mere Longhorn-Aggie rivalry, shame on you. I'll take any player from any college on the Texans as long as their good. Heck I used to hate the Trojans until we brought Brian Cushing on board, now I have the utmost respect for that school because of him.

Well said.

I'm a Longhorn fan and I loved Vince at UT, but as soon as he donned that powder blue uni he became the enemy. I wish nothing but suffering upon him.

Second Honeymoon
11-24-2009, 08:49 PM
Dear Texans fans,

I would like to start this thread by saying that I am a die hard Texans fan. I have been around since the first draft, since the naming of the team, watching all drafts, preseason games, showing up at training camp, going to games, rewatching games, etc.

That said, it is extremely difficult to continue to be a Texans fan. And it is not because of the loss last night - that was rough but we will overcome it. My problem is with our fans. There is just entirely too many of you who can't help yourselves from coming across as perennial loser, jealous because he beat you in college, blind hatred for Vince Young AGGY. All this V Cry stuff, and 1 sack from quitting on his team bull****? It reeks of pathetic aggy loserdom. I know that not everyone on this board is a UT grad, but it is time to let go of your decade of losing ways. It's the same thing with how they call Colt "Cart McCoy", even after they get rolled. Or barely become bowl eligible, get owned by Texas, and then insist on calling us TU or sips. It is a pathetic loser joke that is only funny to you. The exact same thing came today on SR610 when callers would call in and make fun of VY, as if we had won the game. This use of stupid nicknames and blanket hate for Vince must end -- it comes off as a LOSER AGGIE mentality.

This is important for you all to know. It is okay to be both a UT fan, and a Texans fan. Even though I will always have a soft spot for VY, I still pull for the Texans in every game. Yes I want Vince to have a successful career, and no I'm not trying to revisit the 2006 draft after every game. I simply want to enjoy following both of my teams. And the way you all come off makes it exceptionally difficult to be a part of this fan base.

So please. Support your team. Rep your favorite player. But enough with the pathetic hate. It makes all of us look bad.

your avatar has a perfect posterior....if thats your wife, what the hell are you doing posting?

as for the post itself, i agree with a lot of what you are saying but don't expect similar sentiment around this forum. vince is the enemy. he showed some class last night but it doesn't matter. he is the QB of our rival so he is going to get some grief. its all smack talk. no big deal.

my problem hasn't been the smack but rather the rush to dismiss his tools and ability. anyone who has watched the guy knows he can play the QB position. Is he the sharpest tool in the shed? maybe not, but he has a good football mind, its just based around his set of unique tools/skills. That means less passing and more running. You can't turn a Lambo into a Rolls Royce, both have their pluses and minuses its just how you like to drive. The Titans thrive around Vince's ability so why try and turn him into a pocket passer? Go with what got you there...the wheels and the moves. Ask Dunta if Vince still has moves....that was a brutal move.

but its the way it is. always will be. he needs to eat some crow next year and that is what makes division and true rivalries so great. we will get our shot as long as he QBs the Titans and that is looking like a real possibility next year and many more to come.

Dishman
11-24-2009, 08:52 PM

This. I didn't go to aTm and could not care less about him being a Longhorn. I just loathe the Titans.

Second Honeymoon
11-24-2009, 08:57 PM

There is definitely some college hatred contributing. not everyone, but still pretty significant & worthy of mention.

thunderkyss
11-24-2009, 09:01 PM
VY hate has nothing to do with the Aggies, get over yourself Longhorn Nation. Its about hating the Titans and anyone who suits up for those goons especially their QB.

Bull****....

Texans fans have been hating on Vince Young since he won the National Championship, when we were the worst team in football, with the worst QB, & the #1 overall pick.

It stems from Kool-aid sipping David Carr Homerism, and not being able to say, "I was wrong."

I'm not saying this is the case with you, or anyone else who may have posted in this thread.

But "fans" have been hating on Vince, before he ever wore Columbia Blue.

Khari
11-24-2009, 09:02 PM
I am not a college football fan. I don't watch it. I don't care what he did when he was at UT. It's hard to be a UT fan? lol....try being a Texans fan in Austin. UT fans and their campaign to pull the Texans off the tv here made me hate them.

:whistles:

Silver Oak
11-24-2009, 09:06 PM
I hate the Titans as much as, or more than anyone. But VY won the national championship my senior year of college. I will never hate him, or wish ill upon him. Nor will I hate any Texas player.

sir, it appears that you are the one with the collegiate alliance problem, and not the other way around.

get over yourself, and quit finger pointing.

eriadoc
11-24-2009, 09:06 PM
I have no affiliation with UT. I grew up liking the SWC, especially UH. I am back in school late in life, and at UH. Case Keenum is awesome. If he went to the Tacks, I'd hate him. Simple. I liked VY when he was at UT, partially because he was exciting to watch, and partially because I'm on board with anything that raises football in the state of Texas to the highest level.

However, there's a special level of dislike for VY, and I'll explain it to you. You can accept it or no, but it's truth.

VY was/is not a good pro QB. He really wasn't, despite what the media and UT fans wanted to convince us of. He turned the ball over, was not an efficient passer, and made dumb decisions at the position. He made some spectacular plays as well, but hell, so did DC early on. Yet the media kept harping on what a great up and coming player he was, when I could see with my own eyes that he wasn't. It's like Reggie Bush all over again. Stop pissing down my neck and telling me it's raining. He's just not a good RB. Michael Vick is not, nor was he ever a good QB. The media hype really starts to annoy the crap out of you.

Now, fast forward to VY, Act II. He's been efficient in the pocket, making good decisions with the ball, and that all makes his running even more deadly. He's actually contributing to wins instead of taking away from them. VY was a big reason we lost to the Tacks last night. So I give him his due, and he may yet turn out to be a good pro QB. But he wasn't before this, despite the flashes.

QB in the NFL is mostly between the ears. If VY continues maturing, he may turn out well. If that happens, then I'll hate him because he's a good QB for a rival team, much the way I hated the Steelers as a kid. As it stands now, I hate him because he's a rival QB and I have had to repeatedly hear about him for completely insubstantial reasons.

Get it?

DiehardChris
11-24-2009, 09:07 PM
I'm a huge, huge Longhorn fan living in Austin.

I will hate on VY until he's not a Titan. The end. It pretty much comes down to whether you're more of a Texans fan or a UT fan. I'm a HUGE UT fan - but when it comes to the Texans, I'm insane. I honestly don't believe there's a bigger Texans fan than me. So, yeah, I love VY for what he did for UT but as long as he's a Titan - I'm going to hate the guy. It has nothing to do with anything other than - HE'S A TITAN.

m5kwatts
11-24-2009, 09:11 PM
Bull****....

Texans fans have been hating on Vince Young since he won the National Championship, when we were the worst team in football, with the worst QB, & the #1 overall pick.

It stems from Kool-aid sipping David Carr Homerism, and not being able to say, "I was wrong."

I'm not saying this is the case with you, or anyone else who may have posted in this thread.

But "fans" have been hating on Vince, before he ever wore Columbia Blue.

Why would this matter now though when we have Matt Schaub? His success has put the "should we have taken a QB in 06" questions to bed. Besides that fact, there's other QBs we should be hating other than Vince Young if its all about not admitting we're wrong about picking up Carr's option. Cutler was a better QB in that draft, we coulda had Flacco last year and traded out. So its not like we're bitter over passing up opportunities to get a QB so we hate them for having success elsewhere.

More to my point, I want any good player on the Texans from whatever college. And I'll hate any Titan, from whatever college.

Silver Oak
11-24-2009, 09:13 PM
this thread redefines stupid.

where was all this vince young pimping when the guy was riding the pine and losing playoff games? refusing to take the field...turning the ball over...going suicidal? 4 games and Longhorn Nation is abuzz with that all-too-familiar itching in their groin area over their boy vince.

BattleRedToro
11-24-2009, 09:21 PM
I think the biggest reason that Vince Young is hated by many fans here on this message board is the way in which his biggest fans have posted. I for one am tired of reading how the Texans somehow made a mistake by not drafting him. I am equally tired of reading how he just wins games, with very little credit given to his teammates. This line of thinking by VY fans has been the same since he was in college. I thought he was overrated then as I do now. Of course, I acknowledge that he is a great athlete, and he made a contribution to the Titans' victory, but he wasn't the reason they beat the Texans or any of the other teams they beat during their winning streak. Chris Johnson has continued to play just as well as he did before Vince was starting, but the biggest change has been the play of their defense. Vince's biggest contribution has been extending drives by converting third downs with runs. Eventually, a Defensive Coordinator will come up with a solution to that. I especially look forward to watching the Colts jump out to a quick big lead on the a Titans, so wecan see how great Vince really is when the Titans have to abandon their running attack and rely on Vince's arm and decision making to win the game. Good luck with that VY.

Second Honeymoon
11-24-2009, 09:36 PM
Why would this matter now though when we have Matt Schaub? His success has put the "should we have taken a QB in 06" questions to bed. Besides that fact, there's other QBs we should be hating other than Vince Young if its all about not admitting we're wrong about picking up Carr's option. Cutler was a better QB in that draft, we coulda had Flacco last year and traded out. So its not like we're bitter over passing up opportunities to get a QB so we hate them for having success elsewhere.

More to my point, I want any good player on the Texans from whatever college. And I'll hate any Titan, from whatever college.

I am not sure Cutler and his near 20 interceptions make him better than Vince. Vince got hurt and the Titans were winning without him so they didn't want to change things. In the process, Vince had to grow up and win back Fisher's trust. I don't think Fisher trusted him yet but Bud forced his hand and it has worked out and I am sure Fisher is happy about kinda being proven wrong.

I hope Vince falls on his face next week though. If they were to win their last 10 and make the playoffs, I just might implode. Crazier things have happened and that Vince/CJ option game looked literally unstoppable. It may get Vince knocked out but until that happens its gonna be pretty insane.

Even Flacco has taken a step back this year. That pick he threw when they were in 'field goal to win' range was inexcusable. Ravens fan had to be going ape bonkers.

I have always been in the camp of 'Young in 2006' but once Carr was re-signed it wasn't even up for discussion. I think we would have been better served by going with Young that year and letting Carr go be a Free Agent. 2 extra 2nd Round picks, a spot in the draft, Mario/Carr/Schaub cap space, and I think Vince would have done very well here in Houston. Not a very popular opinion but it is one that I truly believe in. The stars were aligned and we needed to give up on Carr not re-sign him.

Luckily, the team did get a player like Schaub who has stabilized the QB position and energized the offense more than some of us may realize. Things were really bad back then. Offense was a dream.

Now that Mario is a Texan, I have been fully behind him but QBs dont grow on trees and we gave up a lot to re-sign/cut Carr and trade/sign Schaub. Lots of cap space and draft picks. Just sayin.

m5kwatts
11-24-2009, 09:40 PM
I am not sure Cutler and his near 20 interceptions make him better than Vince. Vince got hurt and the Titans were winning without him so they didn't want to change things. In the process, Vince had to grow up and win back Fisher's trust. I don't think Fisher trusted him yet but Bud forced his hand and it has worked out and I am sure Fisher is happy about kinda being proven wrong.

I hope Vince falls on his face next week though. If they were to win their last 10 and make the playoffs, I just might implode. Crazier things have happened and that Vince/CJ option game looked literally unstoppable. It may get Vince knocked out but until that happens its gonna be pretty insane.

Even Flacco has taken a step back this year. That pick he threw when they were in 'field goal to win' range was inexcusable. Ravens fan had to be going ape bonkers.

Cutler was a 4,000 yard pro bowl QB with the Broncos. The Bears are the problem not him. I'd like to see VY's numbers if he was the Bears starting QB all year.

thunderkyss
11-24-2009, 09:44 PM

If we had won Monday night, we would have been one step closer to shaking off that "pick" Matt had one of his better games, actually escaping from a couple of sacks, & making plays after the play broke down. But the W is the bottom line.

If Mario would have played half as well as we've seen him play in the past, we would have been one step closer to shaking off that pick... but he didn't.

I'm saying this, as a fan who scrapes together all he can find to sit in the nose-bleeds. As a fan who leaves the stadium by walking down 1300 miles of ramps with VY jersey wearing smug sons of #@!#s who know it's not forgotten.

& it's not about taking a better QB... it's about not getting the Houston Maddison Phenom..... the UT National Champion winning QB.. the Rose Bowl "winner", when we had the perfect circumstances & opportunity to do so. We had the #1 overall pick. We had a snake-bit encumbent QB, we had a new coach who happened to favor athletic QBs, who also happened to be thought of as a QB Guru.

Yeah, I wanted Vince... I've accepted that Mario was the right pick.. even though David Carr didn't last the 2 seasons I thought he would. Even though we still don't have a pass rush, after picking Mario #1 overall, spending over $60 million on Free Agent DEs, another 2nd round pick on a DE, another 1st round pick on a DT. Even though Vince Young might not have put up big "QB" numbers he was a big part of that win..... put Kerry Collins in that game, and we would have murdered the Titans.

Speaking of Kerry Collins.. a Titans QB.. do you (or anyone on this board) hate Kerry Collins or Patrick Ramsey as much as you hate Vince Young?

Why not?

thunderkyss
11-24-2009, 09:48 PM
I especially look forward to watching the Colts jump out to a quick big lead on the a Titans, so wecan see how great Vince really is when the Titans have to abandon their running attack and rely on Vince's arm and decision making to win the game. Good luck with that VY.

Now see...... this doesn't make any sense.

The Titans aren't a threat right now.......

Indy losing will help us get to the play-offs. We should all be hoping that Vince do what he do, and beat the Colts. Doesn't matter how you quantify the win, but the Titans beating the Colts helps the Texans.

Second Honeymoon
11-24-2009, 09:49 PM
Cutler was a 4,000 yard pro bowl QB with the Broncos. The Bears are the problem not him. I'd like to see VY's numbers if he was the Bears starting QB all year.

I'm not saying that Vince is better, I am just saying that its not a given and that Cutler hurts his team a lot more than a 'good' QB should.

that being said, one day the Bears will realize that Turner sucks as an OC and fire him. Until then, talents like Cutler will go to waste and implode.

The way Turner plays, I actually think Young would have some success up in Chicago. The cold could be a problem though. Other than that, I think he is a good fit for what Chicago wants to do. That is the problem in Chi-Town. They want to 'get off the bus running' but that isn't what wins in today's league. They have Cutler but they aren't opening it up except on 3rd Down or when they get behind.

That 'run first' mentality isn't what wins nowadays. Some teams with unique running talents like the Titans can do run-first but it doesn't win like it used to. It used to be the mantra, now its the exception. No contact after 5 yards has changed the game completely. Look at Belichik. He went from being run oriented to 50+ passes a game once they implemented that rule. Look at Pittsburgh. They used to be all about running, now its an aerial show. Look at Indy. Look at Philly. All the top performing teams feature a more aggressive and pass happy offense. Chicago just hasn't evolved. I will say that our offensive mindset and scheme is solid here in Houston. Lil'Shanny has done a remarkable job considering where they were and helping Schaub solidify the QB position.

thunderkyss
11-24-2009, 09:50 PM
The last thing I wanna read after last nights loss is some turd trying to make me appreciate VY's talents. You're barking up the wrong tree. That game hurt badly and it still does, quit rubbing salt in the wounds. I stand by my comment.

But VY & his talents had nothing to do with that victory. It was all Chris Johnson & the Defense. Vince didn't even throw for 150 yards, and completed what? 50% of his passes? Mostly dinks & dunks??

Esoom
11-24-2009, 09:54 PM
Dear Texans fans,

Alright, I'm a relatively new poster here, and a current student at Texas A&M and I intend on responding to this post with class, as classless as the original post may be.

I think I speak for all reasonable Aggie Texans fans when I say that none of us hate VY for what he did at UT now that he's in the NFL. As far as I'm concerned he could have been home-schooled by Jesus himself and I would "hate" him. I bracket the word hate because I don't really hate him, or any other player in the league. It's called a rivalry, which is something, judging by your intense A&M hatred, you have a difficult time grasping. That's okay though.

In fact, I don't even think it has all that much to do with the fact that he's on the Titans, although that certainly contributes. It has much more to do with the fact that his abilities are blown way out of proportion by the media and the cult that supports him in Austin and at Reliant Stadium. That and the fact that those same groups are VERY outspoken makes it very hard to like VY regardless of how well he plays.

Regarding your vehement hatred of Texas A&M University, calm down. You make it sound like I, and 48000 other people, attend the University of Adolf Hitler. If you weren't aware, our schools have something called a rivalry. As part of said rivalry, mean things get said about the other school and it's players. The thing is though, around here at least, it's all in good fun.

So I'm sorry for saying "mean" things about your hero Captain Sensitive, but just realize that it's part of the rivalry and it's something you have to deal with when your favorite player plays for a rival team.

thunderkyss
11-24-2009, 09:56 PM

I'd like to see VYs numbers if he were the Broncos QB from 2006-2008.

TimeKiller
11-24-2009, 10:45 PM
Well, I'd say by now Vince is probably just about finished wiping all of Ron Jaworski's saliva out of his buttcrack so I guess it's a good time to address why people may not be lining up to be next.

Please, don't act like VY has been the man or hell, a man. He was benched for a reason and it was because as a passer he was a buck fitty and 2 ints to every TD in between his tears. Figures that since his attitude has changed so has his team. No legs can make up for that and even if they did it makes him a very medium level player. The Titans are not and have never been great because of VY. He's a cherry on top of a smashmouth running hella defensive ice cream sundae.

That said, I do wonder what the team would be like with him at the helm. I'd probably still hate him because of all the aural sex he recieves on national television.

m5kwatts
11-24-2009, 10:51 PM
I'd like to see VYs numbers if he were the Broncos QB from 2006-2008.

Who cares whose better between the two anyways? The Texans have a better quarterback than either of the two we're arguing about.

GuerillaBlack
11-25-2009, 01:09 AM
I feel like I'm in 2006 all over again.

Goatcheese
11-25-2009, 01:34 AM
I don't hate Vince Young.

I don't even care about Vince Young.

But, if people want to come in here after he threw for 12 of 22(54.5%) for 116 yards, 5.3 YPA, 1 TD, 1 Turn over, 1 dropped INT, and tell me he isn't a piss poor QB, I'm going to set you straight.

Vince Young is not a good QB
Vince Young is not an OK QB
Vince Young is a piss poor QB

buddyboy
11-25-2009, 01:47 AM
I'm a UT student, and hey, I loved VY in college. Thanks for the championship Vince.

But he's not a Longhorn anymore. In fact, he plays for the team that I hate the most with a passion. Dirty, arrogant, smack talking, bird-flipping, team-stealing Tennessee Titans. So yeah, I root against VY. In fact, I might just hate him.

Why? Honestly, I just hate players who the national media hypes. Reggie Bush, the next coming of Barry Sanders. Vince Young, wielder of healing powers.

It's pathetic when my friends still laugh when they realize I'm a Texans fan and say "should have drafted Vince!". So yes. I want Vince Young to fail. I want him to fail so the Texans will succeed. I want him to fail so the national media can suck it. And I want him to fail so that the Texans will finally get some justification.

People crying about Vince Young hate need to take off their burnt-orange glasses. It's all boils down to this: Longhorns or Texans? I don't blame or condemn you if you pick the Longhorns. In fact, I commend you. Go Horns! But if you pick the Texans, you should NEVER. EVER. Root for an opposing player when he's a) playing against you b) playing in your division c) playing on a rival team or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE.

Norg
11-25-2009, 01:52 AM
I dont watch college football much either iam a U of H cougers fan anywayz but they dont show them on TV much anwayz ....

Hookem Horns
11-25-2009, 04:21 AM
It's all boils down to this: Longhorns or Texans? I don't blame or condemn you if you pick the Longhorns. In fact, I commend you. Go Horns! But if you pick the Texans, you should NEVER. EVER. Root for an opposing player when he's a) playing against you b) playing in your division c) playing on a rival team or d) ALL OF THE ABOVE.

Since when do the Longhorns play the Texans? Again, I root for teams not players so as long as the Longhorns play on Saturdays and the Texans on Sundays I really see no conflict.

FirstTexansFan
11-25-2009, 07:09 AM
I'd say the reason I hate VY and his minion of followers all boils down to the history of their postings on forums, listening to them call in at radio shows, and their overall attitudes. For three years now we've listened to the drivel of fanatics, the hurling of insults, etc. The OP by his own admission was banned for his comments. String them all together and you can see why most Texans fans detest VY. His assertion that it's "aggy" hatred? Class of '81 here, and I have no hatred for VY, do I make fun of him and his followers? Of course I do, they're easy to stir up. Not to mention all the free ammo VY seems to furnish us with LOL From a six on his wonderlic score, sausage boy parties, and quitting on the field, need I say more? And I guarantee ya this, he'll never succeed in the NFL until he learns how to read defenses, think pass first, and then as his last resort use his very talented legs. If he does these things, watch out, but if not, we'll see some more of these humorous stories above :)

ChampionTexan
11-25-2009, 07:20 AM

Indy losing will help us get to the play-offs. We should all be hoping that Vince do what he do, and beat the Colts. Doesn't matter how you quantify the win, but the Titans beating the Colts helps the Texans.

How does Indy losing help us get to the playoffs? With the exception us going 6-0, and them going 0-6 the last 6 games of the year, I don't see how Indy losing helps us get to the post-season.

It seems like with every team they play (except Buffalo) being a potential wild-card team (Jax, Denver, and even the Jets and Tennessee), the only game that would benefit us if they were to lose is this Sunday when they play us.

thunderkyss
11-25-2009, 07:37 AM
How does Indy losing help us get to the playoffs? With the exception us going 6-0, and them going 0-6 the last 6 games of the year, I don't see how Indy losing helps us get to the post-season.

Why are we already giving up hope?

IF Tennessee beats the Colts, then we've only got to wait for them to lose 4 more games, & We've got to win out.

If they win, We've still got to win out, plus they would have to lose 5 games for us to match their record.

Every Colts loss helps us from here on out.

However "impossible" it may be, I believe in playing to win the division, until it is mathmatically impossible.. then play for a wild-card.

If Tennessee beats Indy, then we beat Indy, then Jacksonville beats Indy... we would have the same divisional record as Indy, if we go on to beat the Jags as well.

ESAD2-14
11-25-2009, 07:50 AM
Dear Texans fans,

Here you go, Happy Thanksgiving:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41JAuopcfrL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

FOR THE

http://www.travel-destination-pictures.com/data/media/28/te-paki-sand-dunes_89.jpg

Texan_Bill
11-25-2009, 07:57 AM
It's very simple.

Be a fan of the uniform. Be a fan of the name on the front of the jersey, not the back. That doesn't necessarily mean you have to hate the name on the back, just hate the name on the front.

gwallaia
11-25-2009, 08:26 AM
The Texans should draft Colt McCoy and confuse all the UT fans.

Blake
11-25-2009, 08:30 AM
Dear Texans fans,

I think that alot of Texans fans have a bias against Vince and Reggie becuase we want Mario Williams to be the CLEAR #1 player out of that draft which is understandable.

I just dont understand when people say "I hate Vince because he is a Titan!" but are fans of Manning of the Colts because "He makes funny commercials."

I also feel that if Peyton Manning had come out in the 2006 draft, gone to the Colts, and we took Mario Williams again, we would have as muchof a hatred towards Manning because we want our team to look like the smart team that took the right player.

Its whatever. People will think what they want to think about Vince. And that is their right. But starting a thread telling people how to feel about a player is not going to earn you any points.

I was in the camp that wanted VY and I dont care who knows. I was fed up with DC and needed a fresh start. But I am more than happy with how Mario has turned out so far and will support him (Hence buying his jersey and not buying vinces) but that doesnt mean I am going to call Vince names and make fun of him.

To illustrate my point, here is a cat playing with a ball of yarn.

:kitten:

ChampionTexan
11-25-2009, 08:34 AM
Why are we already giving up hope?

IF Tennessee beats the Colts, then we've only got to wait for them to lose 4 more games, & We've got to win out.

If they win, We've still got to win out, plus they would have to lose 5 games for us to match their record.

Every Colts loss helps us from here on out.

However "impossible" it may be, I believe in playing to win the division, until it is mathmatically impossible.. then play for a wild-card.

If Tennessee beats Indy, then we beat Indy, then Jacksonville beats Indy... we would have the same divisional record as Indy, if we go on to beat the Jags as well.

They are playing to go 6-0 down the stretch (obviously), but it's not even funny how unrealistic it is to believe the Colts are going to go from 10-0 to finishing 10-6 or 11-5. Yeah, the Broncos can go from 6-0 to straight down the toilet (and Indy plays them later this year BTW), but their 6-0 start came out of nowhere, while Indy's 10-0 start is absolutely who they are. Keep in mind that this is the franchise that's won 12 games or more for 6 seasons in a row, and as opposed to the Texans going 6-0, it's not anything that the team has any control over beyond the single game they go head-to-head against them. Yeah, eventually, everything ends, and sometime the Colts will win fewer than 12 games in a season, but it's not going to be in a season in which they start 10-0.

We are far better off hoping Indy beats the teams we would be competing against for a wild-card berth, than holding out for some pipe-dream of a division title.

Thorn
11-25-2009, 08:37 AM
I was in the camp that wanted VY and I dont care who knows. I was fed up with DC and needed a fresh start. But I am more than happy with how Mario has turned out so far and will support him (Hence buying his jersey and not buying vinces) but that doesnt mean I am going to call Vince names and make fun of him.

To illustrate my point, here is a cat playing with a ball of yarn.

:kitten:

I'm right there with you, I wanted us to draft Vince Young as well. If player A wears a Texans uniform and player B does not, then I don't give a frak what their name is, I'm cheering for player A and hope player B has a horrible season. If at some point player A is traded for player B, then I switch loyalties just as fast as they do their uniforms.

Texan_Bill
11-25-2009, 08:39 AM
The Texans should draft Colt McCoy and confuse all the UT fans.

You wanna get Texans / UT fans all crazy? Draft Case. :runaway:

thunderkyss
11-25-2009, 08:42 AM
We are far better off hoping Indy beats the teams we would be competing against for a wild-card berth, than holding out for some pipe-dream of a division title.

Not to mention we are only one game ahead of Tennessee.

good point.

Kaiser Toro
11-25-2009, 08:47 AM
I have deleted a number of posts. Let's keep the direct name calling to our head movies and not on our beautiful Texans Talk tapestry.

Texan_Bill
11-25-2009, 08:49 AM
HOU-TEX is Ghey!!

Kaiser Toro
11-25-2009, 08:51 AM
HOU-TEX is Ghey!!

Good use of the proper noun form of a slang. :kitten:

gwallaia
11-25-2009, 08:51 AM
You wanna get Texans / UT fans all crazy? Draft Case. :runaway:

That would confuse most of the people at coogfans.com who can't stand the Texans.

HOU-TEX
11-25-2009, 08:57 AM
HOU-TEX is Ghey!!

"Eat my shorts"

Can ya name the movie?

Texan_Bill
11-25-2009, 09:05 AM
"Eat my shorts"

Can ya name the movie?

Breakfast Club. Bender to Dick Vernon.

HOU-TEX
11-25-2009, 09:10 AM
Breakfast Club. Bender to Dick Vernon.

The one I was thinking about:

Max Goldman (Walter Matthau) - Grumpier old Men

Texan_Bill
11-25-2009, 09:14 AM
The one I was thinking about:

Max Goldman (Walter Matthau) - Grumpier old Men

It's the same thing............ only different.

Texan_Bill
11-25-2009, 09:26 AM
This is important for you all to know. It is okay to be both a UT fan, and a Texans fan.

DUH!!!

Be a fan of the uniform and support the name on the front of it - NOT the name on the back of it.

With that said, VcrY can drink Patron and show his nipples at sausage parties.

chicagotexan2
11-25-2009, 09:40 AM
VY how do I love thee
Let me count the ways

I love thee more than your test score
I love thee than the number of bullets in your 44
I love thee more than a room full of sweaty shirtless men
I love thee more than the stupid tatoo on your back V. Young 10
I love you because you were a longhorn and a Marlin
I love you because you are my man and I be your darlin'
I love thee and your ever so spicy Kroger sausage
I love three like a mustache loves its Goose Gossage
I love thee despite the fact that you are so overrated
I love thee so much I wish we had dated
All you do is win despite your poor play
You are my Adam Lambert
and I am your gay

Texan_Bill
11-25-2009, 09:45 AM
VY how do I love thee
Let me count the ways

I love you because you were a lonhorn and a Marlin
You are my Adam Lambert
and I am your gay

:lol:

Okay, okay. Enough already!! Let's get ready for the Colts.

PS... repped.

Thorn
11-25-2009, 09:52 AM
VY how do I love thee
Let me count the ways

You are my Adam Lambert
and I am your gay

Now that is comedy! Many LOLs...

chicagotexan2
11-25-2009, 09:59 AM
Damn, can I get this printed on Tshirts/ Anybody here in the tshirts biz? I'll cut you in.

Texan_Bill
11-25-2009, 10:00 AM
Damn, can I get this printed on Tshirts/ Anybody here in the tshirts biz? I'll cut you in.

Go to Bullshirts: Bullshirts (http://www.bull-shirts.com/)

:D

Ckw
11-25-2009, 10:04 AM
VY how do I love thee
Let me count the ways

You are my Adam Lambert
and I am your gay

Holy crap dude I literally almost spewed my morning coffee all over my keyboard. That was awesome!! Rep, and I wish I could give you even more rep.

The VY hate has little to do with the fact that he is a Longhorn. Sure, maybe for some, it started out that way. But VY would have long been forgotten about by Aggies if he had not gone to play for the enemy. Kasey Studdard is a good example. I don't hate him as a pro. In fact, I will love him if he did well for the Texans. The same goes for VY; if he were to not be resigned by the Titans and were to come here and perform well, I would root for him as much as I would root for any Texans player.

As others have said, steroid, you are the one with the problems with collegiate allegiance. Most of us have the ability to separate our love for college athletics and pro athletics. As much as a guy like AC Law may have done for A&M if he were to become successful and come play the Rockets, there is no chance in hell that I would cheer for him. I hate giving negative rep but you sir, have been negative repped by me.

The hatred of VY has to do with the insane love for VY and the fact that he plays for the enemy. Once again for some, the hatred may have started because he played for the enemy in college, but the hatred has continued and become even greater because he plays for the biggest piece of **** franchise in the NFL. Case closed.

JB
11-25-2009, 10:08 AM
The hatred of VY has to do with the insane love for VY and the fact that he plays for the enemy. Once again for some, the hatred may have started because he played for the enemy in college, but the hatred has continued and become even greater because he plays for the biggest piece of **** franchise in the NFL. Case closed.

QFT!

And the whole "This is my house" crap

steelbtexan
11-25-2009, 10:20 AM
VY how do I love thee
Let me count the ways

You are my Adam Lambert
and I am your gay

Repped

Such talent

Edgar Allen Poe couldn't have done a better job

LOL

chicagotexan2
11-25-2009, 10:22 AM
Holy crap dude I literally almost spewed my morning coffee all over my keyboard. That was awesome!! Rep, and I wish I could give you even more rep.

The VY hate has little to do with the fact that he is a Longhorn. Sure, maybe for some, it started out that way. But VY would have long been forgotten about by Aggies if he had not gone to play for the enemy. Kasey Studdard is a good example. I don't hate him as a pro. In fact, I will love him if he did well for the Texans. The same goes for VY; if he were to not be resigned by the Titans and were to come here and perform well, I would root for him as much as I would root for any Texans player.

As others have said, steroid, you are the one with the problems with collegiate allegiance. Most of us have the ability to separate our love for college athletics and pro athletics. As much as a guy like AC Law may have done for A&M if he were to become successful and come play the Rockets, there is no chance in hell that I would cheer for him. I hate giving negative rep but you sir, have been negative repped by me.

I always forget about Studdard being a Longhorn. You know why? Because I don't care. He's a Texan now and that who I root for. Unless it were my son that played for the Titans I would never root for anyone on that team regardless of thier roots. Every other team especially the titans and cowboys can eat poop.

BattleRedToro
11-25-2009, 10:24 AM

How exactly will Indy losing to the Titans help the Texans this year? The Colts would have to lose out, and the Texans would have to win out for the Texans to win the AFC South Division. By the way, that isn't going to happen. Since the Texans can't catch the Colts for the division title, it actually helps the Texans every time the Colts beat another team that is competing for a Wildcard spot, and yes the Titans are still theoretically competing for a Wildcard spot.

Goatcheese
11-25-2009, 10:28 AM
You are skewing the stats to show your opinion. Not stating the facts to form an opinion. Classic logical fallacy.

How did I skew the stats?

Those are his passing numbers. They're a matter of official record, go look them up yourself.

His 103.8 passing yards per game is 43rd in the NFL.

VY is a piss poor QB. I know it's hard to see the facts through your burnt orange glasses, but they're plain as day for everybody else. VY is a piss poor QB.

JaMarcus Russel is looking down at VY. That's how bad your god is.

Texan_Bill
11-25-2009, 10:31 AM
How did I skew the stats?

Those are his passing numbers. They're a matter of official record, go look them up yourself.

His 103.8 passing yards per game is 43rd in the NFL.

VY is a piss poor QB. I know it's hard to see the facts through your burnt orange glasses, but they're plain as day for everybody else. VY is a piss poor QB.

JaMarcus Russel is looking down at VY. That's how bad your god is.

Dude, don't ever let facts be an argument. :cool:

Honoring Earl 34
11-25-2009, 10:36 AM
If your a VY guy you give his talents and career a multiplier of +3 . If your anti VY then you give him a -3 . Because VY still gets crammed down our throats and the Mario bashing that went on , folks are tired of it . He does win but after 75 years of the NFL his style doesn't seem to last long or take you to many SBs .

Was VY a better college QB than Tebow , probably not ? Will the state of Florida , with three teams , demand that they draft Tebow as a top five pick ?

Keeping Carr was a dumb thing to do and I'm not sure if VY said he was entering the draft before they resigned Carr but they were never going to draft VY but yet we hear about VY like he's a bona fide superstar .

Mr. White
11-25-2009, 10:51 AM
I look at him like David Garrard.

You don't want him on your fantasy team, but he's an important part of an effective offense.

If you're a stat guy, then he sucks. The problem is that stats don't win football games.

Texan_Bill
11-25-2009, 10:55 AM
Brilliant.

Absolutely, given the initial post of this thread.

dc_txtech
11-25-2009, 11:07 AM
Dear Texans fans,

Get over yourself dude, it's quite obvious who has the problem here.

Correction: A&M is not a rivalry. I don't care about A&M. At all. I don't hate your team school or fans. I just think they're dumb. And not in a I'm just trying to be insulting way. More of a, how can they not see they are making a fool of themselves kind of way. And I'm okay with you guys doing it at the college level. But cut the crap when it comes to rooting for our pro team, because you're making the entire nation think that the Texans fans are some aggie idiots who think making nicknames about a guys worst moments are funny.

UT's rival is OU. Why don't you guys try a rival for a team more befitting your talent and relevance level... like Tech or Baylor.

Why don't you take some of your own advice and support your team without the pathetic hate. It makes our whole board look bad. First time I've handed out neg rep in over 4 years as a member.

Honoring Earl 34
11-25-2009, 11:07 AM
Please please please quit making this thread about 2006. That was three years ago, and it can't be changed. We have to move forward with the decisions that were made.

I've said I wished VY played on the Seahawks and not the Titans . That being said he is not a Texan player so he really shouldn't be brought up except in the NFL section . You can't expect Texan fans to be sweet to VY or Bush . The difference is folks don't bring up Bush anymore .

JWarren14
11-25-2009, 11:09 AM
Please go ahead and choose another fan base to join if this really gets your panties in a bunch.

Fans of any team, any sport, anywhere in the world are going to say something and make themselves look stupid. It's part of being a fan. Tell me when you find a franchise that has fans who all have table manners, speak with their inside voices, and drink a fine glass of red wine at a tailgate. We get caught up in the moment and probably say things before we think about it.

So if it really bothers you that much then maybe you need to take your VY collages and move on. You are going to have a hard time getting Texans fans to respect A) Any Titans player B) VY. I am not sure exactly what you want from us? Yes VY is a good athlete and brings a unique skill-set to the QB position. His stats may never be what Brees or Manning may put up, but he finds ways to keep his team in position to win. There I said it, happy? That doesn't mean even though we know that in the back of our mind that we are going to not give the guy a hell of a lot of crap.

Singling out A&M fans is just silly, there are plenty of non A&M fans who don't like VY. There might even be UT fans who don't like him now, they undoubtedly respect what he did for their Alma Matter, but now he is the enemy.

The problem is not the fans...it's you!

I will never doubt whether or not I should be a Texans fan, never, no matter what. I am shocked that a fellow Texans "die-hard" fan would even fathom the thought of never donning Battle Red, Steel Blue, or Liberty White again.

chicagotexan2
11-25-2009, 11:10 AM
The initial post of this thread is dead on, regardless of what you may think. It's blatantly obvious to anyone who is objective on the subject, even some on this board (as can be seen by their posts). And for the record most people on this board don't like me so in order for anyone to agree, I must be speaking the truth.

Good lord man. I disagree with men who want to get it on with children too. It's not because they are right. It's because they are wrong. You should never use the word "objective". Most people recognize that VY is not an efficient QB. The he just wins argument is b.s. Has he envigorated a dead team? Yes. Is he single handedly won games for his team? No. VY did his part to help. He was exceptional on 3rd downs, but otherwise very Jamarcus Russellesque. Bironas and the defense had more to do with the outcome than the qb. Objective fans can see this. You on the other hand do not.

BattleRedToro
11-25-2009, 11:14 AM
If your a VY guy you give his talents and career a multiplier of +3 . If your anti VY then you give him a -3 . Because VY still gets crammed down our throats and the Mario bashing that went on , folks are tired of it . He does win but after 75 years of the NFL his style doesn't seem to last long or take you to many SBs .

Was VY a better college QB than Tebow , probably not ? Will the state of Florida , with three teams , demand that they draft Tebow as a top five pick ?

Keeping Carr was a dumb thing to do and I'm not sure if VY said he was entering the draft before they resigned Carr but they were never going to draft VY but yet we hear about VY like he's a bona fide superstar .

Honoring Earl 34, your namesake was a Longhorn, a bonafide superstar, a leader, and a Hall of Fame player.

chicagotexan2
11-25-2009, 11:16 AM
Awww. Someone is upset because they don't see how pathetic their are viewed nationally :(

Regardless. I don't hate A&M. I don't like their fanbase because they are not smart. As responses in this thread have shown.

Enlighten us all oh great one.

Goatcheese
11-25-2009, 11:16 AM
- Because you include the "almost" interception, but exclude the 50 yard drop by Nate Washington, and the "definitely was a catch" by Alge Crumpler.
- Because you are basing your QB efficiency completely off of passing yards, neglecting the fact that he ran for 73 yards (almost all which converted a key 3rd down for them).
- Because stats do not show who made the drive when it counted.

You came into this discussion with the preconceived notion that VY is not a good QB, and you picked the stats that verify your opinion. You did not look at the facts in their entirety and form your opinion based on them.

You sir, have been owned.

Brilliant.

Now you're just being stupid.

-The Nate Washington drop was overthrown and he barely got a finger on it.The Crumpler "catch" touched the ground before he had complete control. i.e. not a "catch".
-Even if you add in his rushing stats he only improves to 189 total yards, at 5.7 yards per play. That is dreadful.
-Right, the old "stats don't support my argument so they don't matter" line. :gun:

I came into the discussion with the knowledge that VY is a piss poor QB, because I just watched him.

I didn't "pick" any stats. Go to nfl.com and you can see them for yourself.

You sir, have no clue.

Texan_Bill
11-25-2009, 11:17 AM
I think the steroids have clouded one's cognitive skillz.

dc_txtech
11-25-2009, 11:18 AM
Awww. Someone is upset because they don't see how pathetic their are viewed nationally :(

Regardless. I don't hate A&M. I don't like their fanbase because they are not smart. As responses in this thread have shown.

Not even sure what the bolded is supposed to mean. Awesome how you can deem an entire fanbase as "not smart" though, especially after writing "their are viewed".

Texan_Bill
11-25-2009, 11:20 AM
Singling out A&M fans is just silly, there are plenty of non A&M fans who don't like VY. There might even be UT fans who don't like him now, they undoubtedly respect what he did for their Alma Matter, but now he is the enemy.

I beleive Hookem has made his feelings about VY very clear.

*I wonder where "Hookem" went to school* :thinking:

Ckw
11-25-2009, 11:22 AM
Get over yourself dude, it's quite obvious who has the problem here.

Why don't you take some of your own advice and support your team without the pathetic hate. It makes our whole board look bad. First time I've handed out neg rep in over 4 years as a member.

Judging by the quotes that you selected, hopefully this dude doesn't last long around here. The name calling is getting ridiculous, and I think it's time he gets sent to the same place the rest of the VY jock sniffers get sent: the **** outta here.

BattleRedToro
11-25-2009, 11:29 AM

I'll take Aggie fans over Longhorn fans any day. I have witnessed with my own eyes grown men pick on 10 to 12 year old boys for wearing an Aggies shirt, and I have seen Aggie fans graciuosly congratulate opposing fans on victories and wish them good luck after losses. Every story that I have ever heard about Longhorn fans has been about how obnoxious they are. I've even heard of opposing fans being spit on at their games. On the otherhand, if anyone even starts to give an opposing fan a hard time at Kyle Field the other Aggie fans stop it immediately. No, I did not go to Texas or Texas A&M. These are just observations I have made.

Double Barrel
11-25-2009, 11:38 AM
I'm a huge, huge Longhorn fan living in Austin.

I will hate on VY until he's not a Titan. The end. It pretty much comes down to whether you're more of a Texans fan or a UT fan. I'm a HUGE UT fan - but when it comes to the Texans, I'm insane. I honestly don't believe there's a bigger Texans fan than me. So, yeah, I love VY for what he did for UT but as long as he's a Titan - I'm going to hate the guy. It has nothing to do with anything other than - HE'S A TITAN.

I have no affiliation with UT. I grew up liking the SWC, especially UH. I am back in school late in life, and at UH. Case Keenum is awesome. If he went to the Tacks, I'd hate him. Simple. I liked VY when he was at UT, partially because he was exciting to watch, and partially because I'm on board with anything that raises football in the state of Texas to the highest level.

However, there's a special level of dislike for VY, and I'll explain it to you. You can accept it or no, but it's truth.

VY was/is not a good pro QB. He really wasn't, despite what the media and UT fans wanted to convince us of. He turned the ball over, was not an efficient passer, and made dumb decisions at the position. He made some spectacular plays as well, but hell, so did DC early on. Yet the media kept harping on what a great up and coming player he was, when I could see with my own eyes that he wasn't. It's like Reggie Bush all over again. Stop pissing down my neck and telling me it's raining. He's just not a good RB. Michael Vick is not, nor was he ever a good QB. The media hype really starts to annoy the crap out of you.

Now, fast forward to VY, Act II. He's been efficient in the pocket, making good decisions with the ball, and that all makes his running even more deadly. He's actually contributing to wins instead of taking away from them. VY was a big reason we lost to the Tacks last night. So I give him his due, and he may yet turn out to be a good pro QB. But he wasn't before this, despite the flashes.

QB in the NFL is mostly between the ears. If VY continues maturing, he may turn out well. If that happens, then I'll hate him because he's a good QB for a rival team, much the way I hated the Steelers as a kid. As it stands now, I hate him because he's a rival QB and I have had to repeatedly hear about him for completely insubstantial reasons.

Get it?

In spite of my better judgment to avoid this thread at all costs due to the OP's classless and despicable remarks for me to "die slow" and "Get pancreatic cancer, *********" because I sarcastically said something about VY.... (and yes, OP, it was sarcasm when you look at the original post I am referring to and it clearly has :shades: in it).

The above two posts sum up my feelings on the matter. I'm not a HS or college football fan. I respect them, but my game (and only game) is the NFL. I had never even heard of VY until his senior year and even rooted for UT in the Rose Bowl. What did I care, it was a Texas team for the national championship, and I would have done the same for any other college team in Texas.

Unfortunately that same year was the 2-14 debacle and the owner clinging to HWSNBN's leg as a condition for a new HC. We already knew that we were not going to draft a QB, so the massive hype was simply not warranted. I was never big on Reggie Bush, but wanted D'Brickashaw Ferguson or AJ Hawk.

Along came Slug Adams with his pick and the rest is history. The only reason that I have disliked VY is his Titans uniform. It has nothing to do with him as a person or where he went to school, because I don't know him personally and I could care less about schools.

As far as VY today, as an NFL fan I readily admit (and have already done so in these forums) that the break did him a world of good. He looks poised and is making good decisions out there. He's not trying to carry the team on his back, but rather playing within his strengths and letting the team carry it's fair share of the load. As a Texans fan, I do not look forward to the VY/CJ tandem the next couple of years. VY has definitely improved his game at this point in time, and it will be a battle every time we face him.

Showtime100
11-25-2009, 11:55 AM
The initial post of this thread is dead on, regardless of what you may think. It's blatantly obvious to anyone who is objective on the subject, even some on this board (as can be seen by their posts). And for the record most people on this board don't like me so in order for anyone to agree, I must be speaking the truth.

You sound like a former poster on this board. I mean almost word for word. I don't recall you before today so this thread is really all I have to go by. I hope you can do better than this thread. Dead? Yes. On? No.

Sorry if my opinion doesn't agree with yours but I have some news you might not have gotten, opinions here vary and are equal. You seem to think otherwise.

Texan_Bill
11-25-2009, 11:58 AM
You seem to think otherwise.

:mcnugget: I wasn't aware there was a whole lot of that going on.

steelbtexan
11-25-2009, 11:59 AM
Steroids is a typical VY fan

Has no class

kastofsna
11-25-2009, 12:03 PM
there just wasn't these kinds of threads about David Garrard or Mark Sanchez when they single-handedly beat the Texans the way Vince Young did

oh wait, he had a decent game catapulted by an amazing game from the best runningback in the league right now and fortuitous calls by the refs. but because it's VINCE YOUNG then HE is the reason the Titans won the game.

Blazing Arrow
11-25-2009, 12:07 PM
this thread redefines stupid.

where was all this vince young pimping when the guy was riding the pine and losing playoff games? refusing to take the field...turning the ball over...going suicidal? 4 games and Longhorn Nation is abuzz with that all-too-familiar itching in their groin area over their boy vince.

Young has only lost one playoff game and the teams was not that great when it happened.

Texecutioner
11-25-2009, 12:09 PM
Dear Texans fans,

Well I'll always be a die hard VY fan. I was even before he went to play for my Longhorns having many friends that went to Madison and watching him in HS.

I'll admit though, that I finally got pretty ticked this week with some of these VY dip**** fans. There were way to many calling into the radio and showing up on tv and at Reliant chanting his name and rooting for the Titans and they live here. It's like the ultimate band wagon syndrome to do that. I understand that VY is from Houston and that he's someone many want to root for, and I do root for him individually as a player, but I will never root for the Titans. I would never root for Vy and the Titans to beat my own team. I think that's basically being a traitor to your city as far as sports goes and I will never respect that. The stuff I noticed and encountered over the last week has been way beyond pathetic from many fans out here.

Texecutioner
11-25-2009, 12:13 PM
It's very simple.

Be a fan of the uniform. Be a fan of the name on the front of the jersey, not the back. That doesn't necessarily mean you have to hate the name on the back, just hate the name on the front.

THis is probably one of the best and most simple ways to put it.

Blazing Arrow
11-25-2009, 12:26 PM

Umm be realistic. For the Texans to take division over the Colts they Colts would have to lose out and the Texans would have to win out.

JWarren14
11-25-2009, 12:31 PM
Umm be realistic. For the Texans to take division over the Colts they Colts would have to lose out and the Texans would have to win out.

Peyton Manning gets his knee jacked by Cushing and they lose out, while Owen Daniels finds some meds from those Lizards on that show "V", Andre Johnson becomes our PK ala Chad Ochocinco, and we win the South.

Ill put money on it....lol

Blazing Arrow
11-25-2009, 12:38 PM
Peyton Manning gets his knee jacked by Cushing and they lose out, while Owen Daniels finds some meds from those Lizards on that show "V", Andre Johnson becomes our PK ala Chad Ochocinco, and we win the South.

Ill put money on it....lol

Lol ... maybe but Manning has only been sacked 8 times and has almost 3200 yards in 10 games. Sorry to say it but he has a couple more solid games and they might as well hand him another MVP trophy.

BattleRedToro
11-25-2009, 12:44 PM

That is why I responded with this.

How exactly will Indy losing to the Titans help the Texans this year? The Colts would have to lose out, and the Texans would have to win out for the Texans to win the AFC South Division. By the way, that isn't going to happen. Since the Texans can't catch the Colts for the division title, it actually helps the Texans every time the Colts beat another team that is competing for a Wildcard spot, and yes the Titans are still theoretically competing for a Wildcard spot.

Blazing Arrow
11-25-2009, 12:46 PM
That is why I responded with this.

Yeah I figured someone brought it up but I am still reading through the thread.

Kaiser Toro
11-25-2009, 03:52 PM
Due to me just getting my first ticket in over 10 years while having a conversation about VY......screw VY.

BTW, my friend who kept the conversation going recommended I tell the cop why we spaced out, which I did. The cop said he was a Texan fan, and wanted to know why a Texan fan (I have a sticker on the back of the car) would feel the need to speed over VY. He was pretty cool, but come on, a 45 in a 35 is $100+?

Texan_Bill
11-25-2009, 04:11 PM
Due to me just getting my first ticket in over 10 years while having a conversation about VY......screw VY.

BTW, my friend who kept the conversation going recommended I tell the cop why we spaced out, which I did. The cop said he was a Texan fan, and wanted to know why a Texan fan (I have a sticker on the back of the car) would feel the need to speed over VY. He was pretty cool, but come on, a 45 in a 35 is $100+?

:spit: I don't mean to laugh, but that's a funny story right there..

Now the fine itself sucks. That's ridiculous.

m5kwatts
11-25-2009, 04:21 PM
Why is everyone so sure VY has turned a corner? Because of 4 games? He was better for a longer stretch of time his rookie year and VY fans did this same worship routine. I'm gonna laugh if this guys career flames out again. Give NFL coaches time, they'll revisit the tape and exploit VY out of the league again like they did last time.

Dan B.
11-25-2009, 04:38 PM
I really do understand preferring college football. I get only watching the NFL to see how guys you rooted for in college do in the pros. I did it myself when the NFL robbed us. The NFL is basically the mob. They extort cities for "protection" and if you don't pay, you lose your team. It's despicable, but not unusual. Think what you will about UT or A&M, they will always be in Austin and College Station.

What I don't understand is abandoning every other player on the 2005 Texas Longhorns team, save one. One man didn't win a national championship. 80 did. Some play in Tennessee, some in Houston, some in Cincy. Now, I want Ced Benson to do well. I like when former Longhorns succeed. Sue me. What I won't do however is buy a new jersey every time Benson switches teams. I won't petition my TV station to only show the games from teams he plays for.

What is Austin going to do if Colt wins the National Title and gets drafted by Washington? Are they going to petition Fox 7 to drop Dallas and only show Redskin games? Or does only one player in the history of a program that spans more than a century merit this type of hero worship?

Kaiser Toro
11-25-2009, 04:40 PM
Give NFL coaches time, they'll revisit the tape and exploit VY out of the league again like they did last time.

They probably will, and then VY will rise from the ashes once again, on MNF in Houston. That is a friggin nightmare wrapped in burned hair.

Texan_Bill
11-25-2009, 04:43 PM
I'm a Patriots fan and I hope they crush the Texans when they come to town. It's all about, Sebastian Vollmer.
:gun:

Honoring Earl 34
11-25-2009, 04:49 PM
They probably will, and then VY will rise from the ashes once again, on MNF in Houston. That is a friggin nightmare wrapped in burned hair.

The bad part is we don't have the Denver farm team to borrow from . How we gonna get better ?

I'm ready to put Caldwell at center and find two guys named Hambone and Grater to play the guards . I want 5 yds a pop all the way to the goal line so VY never sees the field with 6 minutes left .

Honoring Earl 34
11-25-2009, 04:51 PM
I'm a Patriots fan and I hope they crush the Texans when they come to town. It's all about, Sebastian Vollmer.
:gun:

Yah ... tailgatin with de sourkraut and vieners yah . Washing it down with de schnaps yah .

Texan_Bill
11-25-2009, 04:56 PM
Yah ... tailgatin with de sourkraut and vieners yah . Washing it down with de schnaps yah .

Vieners are fer VY.. Yah? I choose das weissbier!!

Second Honeymoon
11-25-2009, 05:02 PM
I'd say the reason I hate VY and his minion of followers all boils down to the history of their postings on forums, listening to them call in at radio shows, and their overall attitudes. For three years now we've listened to the drivel of fanatics, the hurling of insults, etc. The OP by his own admission was banned for his comments. String them all together and you can see why most Texans fans detest VY. His assertion that it's "aggy" hatred? Class of '81 here, and I have no hatred for VY, do I make fun of him and his followers? Of course I do, they're easy to stir up. Not to mention all the free ammo VY seems to furnish us with LOL From a six on his wonderlic score, sausage boy parties, and quitting on the field, need I say more? And I guarantee ya this, he'll never succeed in the NFL until he learns how to read defenses, think pass first, and then as his last resort use his very talented legs. If he does these things, watch out, but if not, we'll see some more of these humorous stories above :)

says who? why does he have to think pass first when its all about the running game with the Titans. Because you say so? It's working. It's not rocket science. Score more than other team and win. They have the most explosive player in the AFC in CJ, of course they are going to run the ball and not be a pass happy offense. That isnt an indictment of Vince is it? They have CJ for crying out loud. Now they are using them more and more in tandem to blow defenses away. Remember that Vince hadn't played a lot with CJ till this season. It's just a running game offense that uses the QB as a rushing option all the time. They have called plays where they will drop back to pass and then run...all that stuff. Play to your strengths and that is what they are doing. Now you want to penalize them for that? It's a team effort, not just Vince both ways.

one could make an argument that Vince Young has already enjoyed a good measure of success as a starting NFL QB. What is the guy like 22-10 or something ridiculous like that? And dude has had some success against the Texans, weren't 2 or 3 of those 10 losses to Peyton? The sausage smack is funny but its pretty played out since he came to our house and punked us again.

If the Texans were the type of team that they need to be, Peyton Manning would be s**tting his pants in fear of what we were going to do to him after such a tough loss. The Texans better come out fired up and hungry to deliver some pain. It's tough to get a good hit on CJ and VY but you can occassionally get a nice shot on Peyton and Co. Nothing illegal but you bring him down hard and let him know that it is freaking on. Beat the Colts and season is still on lifesupport, but if we lose to the Colts its gonna be Game Over.

Blazing Arrow
11-25-2009, 05:20 PM
there just wasn't these kinds of threads about David Garrard or Mark Sanchez when they single-handedly beat the Texans the way Vince Young did

oh wait, he had a decent game catapulted by an amazing game from the best runningback in the league right now and fortuitous calls by the refs. but because it's VINCE YOUNG then HE is the reason the Titans won the game.

Fortuitous calls by the refs??!! You mean like the missed tripping call or the fact that the guy that punched Mawea on the ground was not ejected per the rules?

Johnson is better because of the potential Young has to run. Collins could not run that option play.

2nd-7, HOU11 1:08 V. Young rushed to the right for 10 yard gain
3rd-4, TEN46 7:17 V. Young rushed to the right for 6 yard gain
3rd-9, HOU47 5:30 V. Young rushed to the left for 12 yard gain
2nd-6, TEN37 14:07 V. Young rushed to the left for 10 yard gain
2nd-8, TEN12 8:07 V. Young rushed to the right for 11 yard gain
3rd-3, TEN48 1:17 V. Young rushed to the left for 12 yard gain

Young accounted for half of the 1st downs rushing in the game and 12 of 22 of the 1st downs in the game. I would say he had a lot to do with the win. You would probably know if you watched the game though.

Texan_Bill
11-25-2009, 05:30 PM
Fortuitous calls by the refs??!! You mean like the missed tripping call or the fact that the guy that punched Mawea on the ground was not ejected per the rules?.

It was the "The People's Elbow", not a punch. Besides the second dirtiest player in the league probably deserved it for going after Smith's knees then a play or two later going after Okoye's knees.

Johnson is better because of the potential Young has to run. Collins could not run that option play. On this we agree. However, I will bet you dollars to donuts that defenses will figure it out.

2nd-7, HOU11 1:08 V. Young rushed to the right for 10 yard gain
3rd-4, TEN46 7:17 V. Young rushed to the right for 6 yard gain
3rd-9, HOU47 5:30 V. Young rushed to the left for 12 yard gain
2nd-6, TEN37 14:07 V. Young rushed to the left for 10 yard gain
2nd-8, TEN12 8:07 V. Young rushed to the right for 11 yard gain
3rd-3, TEN48 1:17 V. Young rushed to the left for 12 yard gain

Young accounted for half of the 1st downs rushing in the game and 12 of 22 of the 1st downs in the game. I would say he had a lot to do with the win. You would probably know if you watched the game though.

Young only accounted for like 189 yards so I agree that the first downs are what hurt the Texans. Especially on 3rd downs and their inability to get off the field.

Blazing Arrow
11-25-2009, 05:55 PM
It was the "The People's Elbow", not a punch. Besides the second dirtiest player in the league probably deserved it for going after Smith's knees then a play or two later going after Okoye's knees.

Looked like a punch to me but I am not here to argue that. I was just pointing out that I think the game was called fair. Both sides got calls at key times. I don't think the officials made or broke that game for either team.

On this we agree. However, I will bet you dollars to donuts that defenses will figure it out.

I assume they will but right now the play is solid and the only things I can think of to stop it means you assume at least a 3 to 5 yard gain on the play. I am not a DC; maybe they think of better options then I can.

Young only accounted for like 189 yards so I agree that the first downs are what hurt the Texans. Especially on 3rd downs and their inability to get off the field.

Cutler put up 309 in a game he lost 6-10. As you know it is not always yards it is key plays on critical drives.

The Fish fan is just butt hurt because I called Henne's performance on Thursday a Young-esk game. Little mistakes and just enough to keep the strengths of the team working. I think he took it as an insult instead of what it was ... an observation.

Texan_Bill
11-25-2009, 06:01 PM
Looked like a punch to me but I am not here to argue that. I was just pointing out that I think the game was called fair. Both sides got calls at key times. I don't think the officials made or broke that game for either team.
I hear ya. I've never been one to get into the officiating stuff.

I assume they will but right now the play is solid and the only things I can think of to stop it means you assume at least a 3 to 5 yard gain on the play. I am not a DC; maybe they think of better options then I can. .
I will say this, the reason the option play doesn't work in the NFL is because of defensive speed. It's working right now, because haven't game planned for it since their college days. Consider it the run and shoot with less shelf time.

Cutler put up 309 in a game he lost 6-10. As you know it is not always yards it is key plays on critical drives.

Yup. That's what I was referring to especially on 3rd downs. Look, at the end of the day, the Titans made the plays they needed to make. The Texans didn't...

/Divisional matchups 1-1.

Double Barrel
11-25-2009, 06:13 PM
If you look at the rest of the Titans schedule, they've only got one good team left in the Colts. It is not out of the question that the Titans end up with a winning record this season. Wouldn't that fuel the fire in Nashville? Would they renegotiate VY's contract? Would Fisher stay on board?

Blazing Arrow
11-25-2009, 07:34 PM
I will say this, the reason the option play doesn't work in the NFL is because of defensive speed. It's working right now, because haven't game planned for it since their college days. Consider it the run and shoot with less shelf time.

I think the Young/Johnson option has that advantage. Johnson is the fastest player on the field and Young's run threat make the perfect combination. All plays in the NFL eventually get broken. I just hope that Hummer keeps opening up his mind and starts thinking more like Wildcat. I think Johnson, Young and White in the backfield could be devastating.

I can imagine plays where Johnson get the snap in shotgun ... pitches to Young and he bombs it to Britt. Or Johnson just throws it to Young. If our offense becomes more imaginative I could see us really racking up points though that is not really Fisher ball.

Blazing Arrow
11-25-2009, 07:55 PM
If you look at the rest of the Titans schedule, they've only got one good team left in the Colts. It is not out of the question that the Titans end up with a winning record this season. Wouldn't that fuel the fire in Nashville? Would they renegotiate VY's contract? Would Fisher stay on board?

If we finish with 8 or more wins I think Fisher is secure ... even with 7 after an 0-6 start I think he has it locked.

BattleRedToro
11-25-2009, 10:35 PM
I think the Young/Johnson option has that advantage. Johnson is the fastest player on the field and Young's run threat make the perfect combination. All plays in the NFL eventually get broken. I just hope that Hummer keeps opening up his mind and starts thinking more like Wildcat. I think Johnson, Young and White in the backfield could be devastating.

I can imagine plays where Johnson get the snap in shotgun ... pitches to Young and he bombs it to Britt. Or Johnson just throws it to Young. If our offense becomes more imaginative I could see us really racking up points though that is not really Fisher ball.

Why don't you petition Fisher to run the old University of Houston Veer Offense (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veer)?

Thorn
11-26-2009, 06:44 AM
If we finish with 8 or more wins I think Fisher is secure ... even with 7 after an 0-6 start I think he has it locked.

Bud Adams is your biggest problem, not Fisher or the players.