PDA

View Full Version : Things for the Texans to do now

keyser
11-24-2009, 12:38 AM
After this game, I think it's clear that this year's team is not playoff caliber. That's not to say they might not put on a run and somehow make it into a wildcard slot, but it's clear that the team does not have the spirit to make it a winning team. I'll ignore any post-season moves - here are some things I think they need to do right now.

Fire Dunta Robinson. He was a large (I would say the largest individual, even more than KB) reason we lost tonight's game. There's really no benefit to keeping him around at this point - you can't tell me that we wouldn't have done just as well tonight with one of our other CBs replacing him.
Use the $3 million or more that cutting Dunta would save us to help sign Daniels, or Ryans, or even someone like Walter (who has actually proved potenial/value) to a longer contact.
Try out new kickers. Give tons of people tryouts if we must. Then, sign the best one we can find for the remainder of the season. Give that player a trial by fire - we'll at least know if he'll be someone we can depend on next year.
Release Kris Brown, assuming we find someone even moderately acceptable. I've been a big fan of Brown's (even when others have been down on him previously), but these last couple of weeks were unacceptable. He is no longer reliable, and it's going to kill this team's motivation to drive during the last two minutes, knowing it's Brown they have to depend on at the end.

Jackie Chiles
11-24-2009, 12:39 AM
I hope you won't get too bent out of shape when none of these things happen.

drewmar74
11-24-2009, 12:52 AM
I hope you won't get too bent out of shape when none of these things happen.

He's venting.

Leahmic223
11-24-2009, 12:54 AM
Anyone else hoping we just have a winning season?

The next baby step, so the 10-11 season we might go 10-6.

BattleRedToro
11-24-2009, 12:56 AM
5) Eat Turkey, and watch the Cowboys and Lions play even worse then they did on Thanksgiving.