PDA

View Full Version : Great Game...Goodbye to All

Spike
11-23-2009, 11:17 PM
It was a well played game by both teams. Unfortunately, the Texans just can't seem to get over the hump. Tenn is the best 4 win team in the NFL. There defense is great and they have a good running game. There is not one thing that you can point to that the Texans did wrong...they were just the Texans. I hate to say it, but the franchise is just snake bit. We rarely win the close one, and in a lot of cases we just give it away.

It has been a lot of years and a lot of posts. As the clock was ticking down today and I was waiting for the inevitable end, I realized that it just isn't fun any more. There are so many things to love about this team, but the fact that we can't ever seem to get it together at the end of the day is too much to take...week in week out, season in, season out.

For my last post, a couple of thoughts:

(1) I don't know where we end this season. This loss, after the last loss, is going to sting. I would hope that we would finish 8-8, but if this team stays together there is still a strong possibility for a winning record. I don't think 8 or 9 wins should be enough for Kubes to save his job. We have had some tough losses this year, but I think that is the point. We need a coach that can give us that edge to get over the hump. Kubes should be commended for where he has taken the team, but I have lost all confidence that he is the guy to take us to the next level.

(2) I will go to my grave saying that we made the right choice in the 2006 draft...from a talent perspective. VY played a masterful game today, but he wouldn't have been the guy in this offense. He is a great peice in the right offense, but he'll never be a guy to go out and win games. He is a great wrinkle for the right talent on a team.
- Unfortunately, we will play him twice a year for the next ten years and no matter how well the Texans do, this pick will haunt this team. From a marketing perspective and a national support perspective, VY would have been the right choice.
- Again, there are no fingers to be pointed here - it is just part of the bad luck that I perceive following this organization.

(3) This is a great board. The football talk is great, the posters are respectful and I have a lot of respect for the die hard fans that stick by this team year in and year out. There is a lot of disappointment, but this thing will turn around sooner or later and it will be sweet for all of you long time posters.
- I wish I had more patience, but I just don't have it at this point. For a long time I just wanted us to be competitive, but these close games hurt more than the blowouts. It is more frustrating than fun.

All the best.

Showtime100
11-23-2009, 11:19 PM
See ya, tell Jerry or Bud or whomever I said "Go to Hell" when you get to your new team.

TexCanada
11-23-2009, 11:21 PM
Why do you say you are done with the team and then refer to them as "we" in the next sentence? The Texans are now "you guys" to you. Bye.

utahmark
11-23-2009, 11:27 PM
Why do you say you are done with the team and then refer to them as "we" in the next sentence? The Texans are now "you guys" to you. Bye.

yes!

JayCee
11-23-2009, 11:30 PM
are you for real?

this was a great game - i'm so gutted right now that we lost - but i'm so gutted because i love this team. I couldn't just walk away after a close loss like this. We're very close to becoming a great team. I love the players on this team - Cushing is going to be a monster for years to come.

Brown missed two kicks that would have at least keep us in the game - so it was that close.

Tenn are a good team - i think and astute football fan would realise that they are better than their current record.

Oh do we need to sort out our running game.

Big Lou
11-23-2009, 11:31 PM
I'm leaving too, I've decided to root for Denver, of wait it's after week 6. OK, OK, I'm going for the Vikings, no, wait I'm a Colts fan......

Maybe a life long Saints fan, I just can't decide......

MEGA SWATT
11-23-2009, 11:32 PM
yes!

Oh God, way to turn this into a pissing contest. Who cares how he referred to the team--us, we, them, yous guys.......missing the point.

The point, another lost fan that just can't take it anymore. Show some compassion.

OP, I understand. If and when the Texans get to be relevant, the franchise will still sell you a ticket and a beer so don't worry about what these guys say.

good luck.

Hookem Horns
11-23-2009, 11:34 PM
As a longtime Houston pro football fan I would be more inclined to just give up on the sport period. There has to be better hobbies out there that don't have the emotional toll.

Hoss
11-23-2009, 11:38 PM
I'm leaving too, I've decided to root for Denver, of wait it's after week 6. OK, OK, I'm going for the Vikings, no, wait I'm a Colts fan......

Maybe a life long Saints fan, I just can't decide......

...or a longtime pats fan!!!

JayCee
11-23-2009, 11:39 PM
isn't that why we all watch sport - we put ourselves through this shit just because when it goes our way it feels great.

FirstTexansFan
11-23-2009, 11:40 PM
isn't that why we all watch sport - we put ourselves through this shit just because when it goes our way it feels great.

When has it ever gone our way? I have no happy moments with this team, just 7yrs of heart break.

MEGA SWATT
11-23-2009, 11:42 PM
When has it ever gone our way? I have no happy moments with this team, just 7yrs of heart break.

But there was that one time when.......

when we umm,

that one game that we......

yeah, I got nothing.

JayCee
11-23-2009, 11:43 PM
well we haven't had the team for it to go our way yet - but we're getting closer.

Ranger Tom
11-23-2009, 11:44 PM
As a longtime Houston pro football fan I would be more inclined to just give up on the sport period. There has to be better hobbies out there that don't have the emotional toll.

You mean like jigsaw puzzles? Any sport will take an emotional toll on you if you allow yourself to become emotionally invested--football, soccer, cricket, curling, polo. Anything. That's the risk we all take.

drewmar74
11-23-2009, 11:46 PM
The point, another lost fan that just can't take it anymore. Show some compassion.

^^^^^^
This

Cut the guy some slack.

Showtime100
11-23-2009, 11:47 PM
This is happening on the floor just below the floor this message board occupies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5aN0VmvFn4 :D

Brisco_County
11-24-2009, 01:06 AM
What sucks is that you'll be back again, pretending like this never happened.

gwallaia
11-24-2009, 01:13 AM
I've still got my Cougars.

Go Coogs!

Blazin' Toro
11-24-2009, 01:44 AM
What sucks is that you'll be back again, pretending like this never happened.

This is correct and I believe the proper way for fans and the team do go about things, it sucks that we lost but we still gotta keep on striding forward, who knows we can go 11-5, I doubt it.

buddyboy
11-24-2009, 02:28 AM

How about that for hyperbole? No happy moments? Give me a break.

beerlover
11-24-2009, 02:29 AM
When a beer is bad it's still a beer so guess I'll stay with it until a can find a better one :drunk:

Now if I brewed it & it sucks I don't share it with others I'm too sensitive about it, however others would like it just the same. Meaning sometimes we are our own worst critics. Stay the course & keep brewing (Texan Fan) cause someday, that one very special day, your going to make something great (Beat the Titans/Colts/Playoffs) & come to the realization that it's all good :wesmantexanfan: